PDA

View Full Version : When Does Forward Rebels Start Back Up?

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2018, 11:59 AM
Just observing the landscape and seeing their fans current mood, the desperation is about to kick in.

Do they have the balls to start it all over again?

Last time they used the Bible to recruit, what will the shirtbirds use now?

How long before they ditch Matt Luke?

Todd4State
06-23-2018, 12:21 PM
Probably after Joe hangs 70 on them in Oxford.

They're stuck with Luke until probation has run its course.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
06-23-2018, 01:55 PM
I agree they get a new coach right after probation ends but who knows. If the stars line up and there's a solid candidate out there that is ready/begging to jump back to a P5 school I could see OM maybe picking someone up the year before probation ends...Getting things going recruiting wise a year early, laying the ground work for when they come off probation - so they're firing on all cylinders.

Dolphus Raymond
06-23-2018, 02:40 PM
I could be wrong but I think it will be a while before we see such blatant behavior in Oxford again. It is my OPINION that, off the record, the NCAA let them know that, if caught again, Ole Miss would have hell to pay. "The Fire Next Time" so to speak.

Goldendawg
06-23-2018, 02:51 PM
I could be wrong but I think it will be a while before we see such blatant behavior in Oxford again. It is my OPINION that, off the record, the NCAA let them know that, if caught again, Ole Miss would have hell to pay. "The Fire Next Time" so to speak.

They are still in business. They have fought and continue to fight the NCAA every step of the way. Examples: Rebel Rags lawsuit and all the crying and appeals.

confucius say
06-23-2018, 02:59 PM
It stopped?

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
06-23-2018, 05:32 PM
I wasn't necessarily talking about starting up the widespread cheating again but more building a marketing/spin campaign that they're good at "Hey we're on our way back and we've got so and so leading us. Get on board we're heading back to the Sugar Bowl" They'll always cheat to some extent but I think it'll be a few years before they go all in like they have the last several years. They'll be a lot better at keeping it under raps next time too. Give them 10-12 years before they get back to cheating like they did under Sleeze.

sleepy dawg
06-23-2018, 06:39 PM

lol... What rock have you been under? They picked it right back up as soon as the weak as penalties were given out.