PDA

View Full Version : Henderson lovers

MSU338
06-22-2018, 08:08 PM
Where Are all the Henderson lovers now that make their decision making with their heart instead of their brains? Hendo has done an excellent job filling in but he is not HC material for the future. The whole game was a debacle and he hung it up after the 1st inning. I am glad we have an AD that will see past just the past 6 weeks and will make a hire to lead this program for years to come. I am still pulling for this team and Henderson and hope we can win tomorrow! Hail state my friends and hope we can somehow pull it off! To many unanswered questions for it not to be Schloss!

deadheaddawg
06-22-2018, 08:14 PM
Where Are all the Henderson lovers now that make their decision making with their heart instead of their brains? Hendo has done an excellent job filling in but he is not HC material for the future. The whole game was a debacle and he hung it up after the 1st inning. I am glad we have an AD that will see past just the past 6 weeks and will make a hire to lead this program for years to come. I am still pulling for this team and Henderson and hope we can win tomorrow! Hail state my friends and hope we can somehow pull it off! To many unanswered questions for it not to be Schloss!

Aren't you that crazy Corbin is coming guy?

beretta
06-22-2018, 08:15 PM

amen. I was floored!!!! he 17'in quit after being down 6-1 with 4 outs into the game!.....that is not head coach material

msstate7
06-22-2018, 08:18 PM
amen. I was floored!!!! he 17'in quit after being down 6-1 with 4 outs into the game!.....that is not head coach material

So we should've used our best relievers fighting uphill?

Mobile Bay
06-22-2018, 08:25 PM
Because I am using my head and looking at the whole body of work. You are the one going nuts off one bad game.

Todd4State
06-22-2018, 08:30 PM
So we should've used our best relievers fighting uphill?

I would have taken JB out after the first guy reached in the second inning and gone with France. I'm not buying a guy throwing 95 has a shoulder problem. If I'm wrong bring in Neff.

Arkansas is throwing their number three tonight and he's shutting Florida down. Our guy was off and Henderson let him rot.

msstate7
06-22-2018, 08:34 PM
I would have taken JB out after the first guy reached in the second inning and gone with France. I'm not buying a guy throwing 95 has a shoulder problem. If I'm wrong bring in Neff.

Arkansas is throwing their number three tonight and he's shutting Florida down. Our guy was off and Henderson let him rot.

I would've pulled JB too. Above poster said Henderson quit once it was 6-1 though... no way you use good relievers down 5

Cooterpoot
06-22-2018, 08:35 PM
Well, Henderson isn’t going to be our coach. So it’s all going to work out.

Liverpooldawg
06-22-2018, 08:37 PM

I'm no baseball guru unlike nearly every one that posts here, but I would have tried to win it today without using any of our best guys. We don't have many stud pitchers, if any. Lose today and we still have them tomorrow. Had we won today we would have been looking good pitching wise for the title series. As it is we give it our best shot tomorrow.

Homedawg
06-22-2018, 08:40 PM

No he didn’t. He did what he should have. And glad he did.

Homedawg
06-22-2018, 08:41 PM

Fine. But as it turned out that would have blown out pen. Cause we would have still just scored 2

shoeless joe
06-22-2018, 09:10 PM
Yeah, let's bash the guy for losing to a team with multiple first rounders while we start 4 freshman. I absolutely knew a thread like this would be started once OSU beat NC. We are flat out manned in this match up. Doesn't mean I don't think we can win but I doubt we do.

But on that note Henderson led us to a very good record this year when we were out manned. Si we shall see. He doesn't deserve to get the job if we win tomorrow just like he doesn't deserve NOT to get it after today.

Todd4State
06-22-2018, 09:17 PM
Fine. But as it turned out that would have blown out pen. Cause we would have still just scored 2

I think France could have given us 3-5, Gordon 3-5, Neff maybe 2-3, and Self 1-2 on some combination and I would hope we wouldn't pitch all of them. I would Small could go at least 6 on Saturday. It's all hands on deck time.

Todd4State
06-22-2018, 09:19 PM
I'm no baseball guru unlike nearly every one that posts here, but I would have tried to win it today without using any of our best guys. We don't have many stud pitchers, if any. Lose today and we still have them tomorrow. Had we won today we would have been looking good pitching wise for the title series. As it is we give it our best shot tomorrow.

I actually agree.

MetEdDawg
06-22-2018, 09:19 PM
There's a lot of people on this board that think they understand baseball when they really don't. Why in the hell would you use one of our best relievers in the second inning in France down 6-1 with another game tomorrow? Freaking stupid.

If you want to get mad at Henderson, get mad because Skelton's awful ass is still behind the plate. But putting in Keegan was absolutely the right move in that spot and situation. Had we been in Oregon State's spot you play it differently. He didn't concede, but we were down 5. You don't go all in 2nd inning down 5 with a guaranteed game tomorrow.

You can also question not starting France. I think most on here knew Billingsley was going to get roughed up no matter how good his stuff was. And honestly his stuff wasn't that bad. The one thing Eduardo Perez said tonight that didn't make me want to spear tackle him was that Billingsley should have been throwing that running 2 seamer to RHs way more. Pitch calling for Billingsley sucked tonight.

Todd4State
06-22-2018, 09:24 PM
There's a lot of people on this board that think they understand baseball when they really don't. Why in the hell would you use one of our best relievers in the second inning in France down 6-1 with another game tomorrow? Freaking stupid.

If you want to get mad at Henderson, get mad because Skelton's awful ass is still behind the plate. But putting in Keegan was absolutely the right move in that spot and situation. Had we been in Oregon State's spot you play it differently. He didn't concede, but we were down 5. You don't go all in 2nd inning down 5 with a guaranteed game tomorrow.

You can also question not starting France. I think most on here knew Billingsley was going to get roughed up no matter how good his stuff was. And honestly his stuff wasn't that bad. The one thing Eduardo Perez said tonight that didn't make me want to spear tackle him was that Billingsley should have been throwing that running 2 seamer to RHs way more. Pitch calling for Billingsley sucked tonight.

I wouldn't use France down 6-1. I would definitely use him tied 1-1 in the second inning though after I saw that JB didn't have it.

Captain Falcon
06-22-2018, 09:37 PM
I wouldn't use France down 6-1. I would definitely use him tied 1-1 in the second inning though after I saw that JB didn't have it.

I think we maybe should?ve made the move when the lineup turned over and it was clear JB didn?t have it. So about two or three batters before we actually did.

I?m fine with going to James there instead of France, too. He had outstanding stuff the last time he pitched in Nashville. And he did give us 3.2 innings and only gave up one run, which is pretty good against this lineup. I know he allowed three of Billingsley?s runners to score, but Larnach and Rutschman are dang good and those two being the first two guys you see out of the pen is a really tough deal.

Maybe we could?ve gone to France early, but now that we lost the game I?m glad we still have him for tomorrow. Don?t think it would?ve made much difference today.

preachermatt83
06-22-2018, 09:43 PM
I don’t want henderson to be our HC but he handled the pitching fine today considering we were down but still had opportunity to play tomorrow. If it would have been a 2 run game that’s different but it wasn’t.

gravedigger
06-22-2018, 09:45 PM
No he didn’t. He did what he should have. And glad he did.

Absolutely

MarketingBully
06-22-2018, 11:18 PM

Agreed BUT. I’d of started the second off with James and a clean inning. He always waits way too long to take a pitcher out. James sucks when you bring him in with the bases loaded. So does Gordon. They do much much better when you start them off with clean innings. Baseball karma gave us a gift in the first and gave Hendo all the signs that JB didn’t have it but Hendo just did Hendo things. He’s done mods gambling with our pen then actually being strategic. But if you as a coach don’t trust any of the pitches JB is throwing enough to only call one pitch it’s time to get him out immediately. But with that said, we had chances in the first and third to have big innings only to see Rowdy Jordan and Tanner Allen continue to struggle at the top of the order. We aren’t winning shit without those guys breaking out of their CWS slump in a major way.

Dawg61
06-22-2018, 11:48 PM
Henderson was always playing for tomorrow in this game. It's why we were trying to get their pitch counts up and we didn't use any of our top 6 pitchers. Tomorrow we are the home team and Oregon State is gonna come in way too cocky. We win tomorrow and Henderson looks like a genius once again. He's playing to win the natty and I think he might just do it. I'm not betting against him at this point.

Dawg2003
06-23-2018, 12:09 AM
It worked out in the end I guess. I don’t see any of our pitchers holding OSU to less than 2 runs, so we would have lost anyway. That was painful to watch for sure. I don’t love Hendo, but he’s not to blame for the offensive struggles last night. We can’t have that kind of offensive performance and expect to win and dang sure can’t have a pitching meltdown.

Pit Bull
06-23-2018, 01:49 AM

Tommy Lasorda could have been our coach for 10 years coming into this game and it wouldn't have mattered. Oregon State is going to win their 3rd or 4th CWS Championship (cant remember how many they got). They are basically as good as most AA pro teams. Just getting to the CWS was phenomenal for this Miss. State team. We had a super great year. Getting here when we shouldn't have even made the SEC tourney is almost beyond belief. Looking forward to next year and whoever Cohen brings in as HC is fine with me. And that includes Gary Henderson. Since no big name will not take it, we'll have to drop down and get some young assistant like Canny, because it is apparent none of the big names want to come to Mississippi, much less Starkville.

MarketingBully
06-23-2018, 05:47 AM
Tommy Lasorda could have been our coach for 10 years coming into this game and it wouldn't have mattered. Oregon State is going to win their 3rd or 4th CWS Championship (cant remember how many they got). They are basically as good as most AA pro teams. Just getting to the CWS was phenomenal for this Miss. State team. We had a super great year. Getting here when we shouldn't have even made the SEC tourney is almost beyond belief. Looking forward to next year and whoever Cohen brings in as HC is fine with me. And that includes Gary Henderson. Since no big name will not take it, we'll have to drop down and get some young assistant like Canny, because it is apparent none of the big names want to come to Mississippi, much less Starkville.

I bet Small holds their lineup to 2-3 runs and their pitching at this point sucks. We will win the game today. If you actually think we were ready to play yesterday I don’t know what to tell you.

Dawg2003
06-23-2018, 06:26 AM
I bet Small holds their lineup to 2-3 runs and their pitching at this point sucks. We will win the game today. If you actually think we were ready to play yesterday I don?t know what to tell you.

We clearly weren?t ready on either end- pitching or hitting. I was worried the two days off might hurt us because you get out of the rhythm of playing and out of focus mentally. That?s a lot of downtime to loose focus. Hendo obviously put out the D team bullpen last night when it appeared out of reach. The gamble appears to be for the best because we only scored two runs, which I don?t think would have been enough to win. I expect Small to come out and throw down tonight. He will want to prove himself. I have full confidence he can hold them to 2-3 runs, and hopefully the bullpen won?t implode. We have France, Neff, Gordon (can?t believe I?m typing that), and Self. If OSU can get through all of those guys, I?ll wave the white flag and say they deserve to win.

I would also stick Tanner Allen lower in the batting order. He?s become a dead at bat as of late. I definitely think we can win tonight, but some bats need to show up. Hopefully, Small is able to pitch at 100% after getting hit at BP.

preachermatt83
06-23-2018, 07:46 AM
I bet Small holds their lineup to 2-3 runs and their pitching at this point sucks. We will win the game today. If you actually think we were ready to play yesterday I don’t know what to tell you.

Yup. I think we win today.

msstate7
06-23-2018, 07:49 AM
Yup. I think we win today.

Hope so. Gotta find a way to score 6 IMO

MarketingBully
06-23-2018, 08:35 AM

We have to have Rowdy and Tanner hitting otherwise they will end any rally before it starts. They’ve got to start hitting.

gravedigger
06-23-2018, 10:35 AM

I say 10 is the number. And 6 needs to be in 1st 3 innings