PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else notice Cohen

Cowbell
06-22-2018, 06:43 PM
Being disappointed in the mentality and approach of our pitchers. He even pointed out how OSU pounded the zone and said our staff doesn't have that approach at all. Hendo is not his man.

TNDawg35
06-22-2018, 06:44 PM
I have heard from several people he was pissed off.

Skydawg1
06-22-2018, 06:47 PM
Being disappointed in the mentality and approach of our pitchers. He even pointed out how OSU pounded the zone and said our staff doesn't have that approach at all. Hendo is not his man.He was not very happy in the booth today. Another thing...on that double play early in the game, the one where we got the runner on 3rd in a rundown....he had to correct Jim. (Jim was about to call it a triple play) So he may be looking for Jim some help.

My official take: He should get his ass back in the dugout if he still has such passion for coaching. Make Hendo the AD. **

KOdawg1
06-22-2018, 06:49 PM
Yep. He wasn't happy

Leroy Jenkins
06-22-2018, 06:49 PM
Ten straight 1-0 counts to start the game.... Then, during his 3rd inning interview, Hendo says we need to keep the ball down (as we throw consistently between ankle-high and the ground). He has a very old school "never throw high" mentality.

Cooterpoot
06-22-2018, 07:02 PM
He also ripped the defensive alignments. Defense was playing pull side and we were pitching out.

msstate7
06-22-2018, 07:06 PM
I think Cohen is a lot like us other fans. Yeah, he ripped us today, but praised the hell out of this team and coaches Tuesday

Cowbell
06-22-2018, 07:06 PM
Yep, i made my mind up today. Hendo is not his man at all. If he was, he would have been more guarded in his critique. Bring on Schloss

SailingDawg
06-22-2018, 07:12 PM
It was hard to listen to the broadcast with all of his criticism. I wonder if he just welcomes himself to the booth? A couple of innings is ok but he needs to get out and shake hands or whatever he's supposed to be doing.

msstate7
06-22-2018, 07:15 PM
It was hard to listen to the broadcast with all of his criticism. I wonder if he just welcomes himself to the booth? A couple of innings is ok but he needs to get out and shake hands or whatever he's supposed to be doing.

He's good in the booth. Just goes to extremes quickly... probably too much praise Tuesday and too much critism today. I love his knowledge of the game

ShotgunDawg
06-22-2018, 07:17 PM
Being disappointed in the mentality and approach of our pitchers. He even pointed out how OSU pounded the zone and said our staff doesn't have that approach at all. Hendo is not his man.

Was Cohen in the game thread today?

KOdawg1
06-22-2018, 07:18 PM

I like it. He provides good insight that Jim can't. Sure he's critical, but besides the Hendo ass-kissers we have here, who isn't

I seen it dawg
06-22-2018, 07:21 PM
Well he knows baseball and can see some of the horseshit our staff perpetrates over the course of a season. And it explodes on a big stage in nut cutting. I can assure he sees it better outside the dugout.

Cooterpoot
06-22-2018, 07:27 PM
He tore Skelton a new one too. Questioned his effort.

RocketDawg
06-22-2018, 07:34 PM
He was not very happy in the booth today. Another thing...on that double play early in the game, the one where we got the runner on 3rd in a rundown....he had to correct Jim. (Jim was about to call it a triple play) So he may be looking for Jim some help.

My official take: He should get his ass back in the dugout if he still has such passion for coaching. Make Hendo the AD. **

The players thought there were 3 outs and started to run off the field. That could have swayed Jim's calling.

RocketDawg
06-22-2018, 07:34 PM
Was Cohen in the game thread today?

Yes. He posts as "ShotgunDawg". **

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-22-2018, 07:37 PM
Ten straight 1-0 counts to start the game.... Then, during his 3rd inning interview, Hendo says we need to keep the ball down (as we throw consistently between ankle-high and the ground). He has a very old school "never throw high" mentality.

In Henderson's defense, he seemed pissed off in that interview. As pissed off as he's going to visibly show

Todd4State
06-22-2018, 07:45 PM
He tore Skelton a new one too. Questioned his effort.

That's the IB I know and love.

Todd4State
06-22-2018, 07:45 PM
In Henderson's defense, he seemed pissed off in that interview. As pissed off as he's going to visibly show

How do you know he wasn't pissed because someone woke him up from his nap.

Cooterpoot
06-22-2018, 07:46 PM
I miss Wed Johnson pitching philosophy.

The Federalist Engineer
06-22-2018, 07:48 PM

Nope he was not happy. Not happy that JB pitched the 2nd inning. This let OSU coast with a lead and only had to use two pitchers.

He raved about Gautreau and Brown a few times, specifically and by name

Saltydog
06-22-2018, 07:48 PM
I have it on good authority that Butch was offered but chose to stay at Auburn.

Bulldog1
06-22-2018, 07:49 PM

Good.

msstate7
06-22-2018, 07:49 PM

If butch was offered, cohen's frustration in the booth could've been more than just not getting strike 1

Cooterpoot
06-22-2018, 07:51 PM
Shit, it’s the damn Purdue tennis coach.

msstate7
06-22-2018, 07:52 PM

I'd go with Neshoba central's softball coach over him

Todd4State
06-22-2018, 07:52 PM

Good!

Todd4State
06-22-2018, 07:53 PM

I'd take the Purdue guy over Henderson.

confucius say
06-22-2018, 08:01 PM
Cohen was highly frustrated, if not pissed. And I loved it. At one point he flat out said we were shifted completely opposite of where we should be given where our catcher was set up. Railed on Skelton, our pitching staff for big misses and walks.

RocketDawg
06-22-2018, 08:05 PM
Cohen was highly frustrated, if not pissed. And I loved it. At one point he flat out said we were shifted completely opposite of where we should be given where our catcher was set up. Railed on Skelton, our pitching staff for big misses and walks.

He might be showing that Henderson is not his man and subtly justifying the decision in the booth.

TNDawg35
06-22-2018, 08:08 PM
I just don't understand what could be so bad that would prevent you from hiring one of the best, if not the best, coach in college baseball in Schloss...

Mobile Bay
06-22-2018, 08:18 PM
You people need to listen and learn the lesson before you turn us into LSU football stuck with Coach O. If what Henderson has done isn't good enough to keep the job, then nobody else worth having is going to come here and en their career.

HoopsDawg
06-22-2018, 08:20 PM

Are you freaking kidding me powder puff? Are you a millennial?

mstatefan91
06-22-2018, 08:26 PM
Don’t let Cohens smiling press conferences as AD fool you. He’s still the IB

Dawg61
06-22-2018, 08:37 PM
Are you freaking kidding me powder puff? Are you a millennial?

You a baby boomer?

Anonymous
06-22-2018, 08:41 PM

I highly doubt that. Butch only signed an extension for 1 mil. The Schloss rumors were 1.5 base with incentives putting it near 3 mil.

I don't know how much we would have offered, but if we offered I feel confident saying Auburn would have had to pony up more than 1 mil/year.

HoopsDawg
06-22-2018, 08:42 PM
You a baby boomer?

No, I'm just not a snowflake. And nothing against millennials, I'm just trying to understand how you can be offended by Cohen in the radio booth. I've learned more the last 2 games listening to him than I did in 15 years of playing ball.

SailingDawg
06-22-2018, 08:58 PM
He's good in the booth. Just goes to extremes quickly... probably too much praise Tuesday and too much critism today. I love his knowledge of the game

Usually he's good, so maybe it was the extremes.

Maroons
06-22-2018, 09:09 PM
You people need to listen and learn the lesson before you turn us into LSU football stuck with Coach O. If what Henderson has done isn't good enough to keep the job, then nobody else worth having is going to come here and en their career.

Wrong and wrong.

Cooterpoot
06-22-2018, 09:13 PM

That makes no damn sense.

Leroy Jenkins
06-22-2018, 09:16 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/13VSAbTVuYJfLa/giphy.gif

All based on one pitch..... If Macnamee does not hit what could have been the last strike of the season out of the park in Tallahassee, there is no Henderson camp and no one cares.

The Federalist Engineer
06-22-2018, 10:03 PM

He's awesome in the booth. He predicted Madrigal stealing two bases before he did it. He described what a pitcher must do to hold runners and exactly how Madrigal was working JB.

This is sone premium color stuff you don't get from Jim, that's pure coaching talk. He even describes what pitch the hitter appears not to handle.

preachermatt83
06-22-2018, 10:31 PM
He also ripped the defensive alignments. Defense was playing pull side and we were pitching out.

That?s been my chief complain all year

preachermatt83
06-22-2018, 10:32 PM
Yep, i made my mind up today. Hendo is not his man at all. If he was, he would have been more guarded in his critique. Bring on Schloss

Yup

preachermatt83
06-22-2018, 10:36 PM
I'd go with Neshoba central's softball coach over him

Wish Embry was out softball coach at state.

preachermatt83
06-22-2018, 10:37 PM
He might be showing that Henderson is not his man and subtly justifying the decision in the booth.

Exactly my thought

preachermatt83
06-22-2018, 10:40 PM
He's awesome in the booth. He predicted Madrigal stealing two bases before he did it. He described what a pitcher must do to hold runners and exactly how Madrigal was working JB.

This is sone premium color stuff you don't get from Jim, that's pure coaching talk. He even describes what pitch the hitter appears not to handle.

Exactly

Really Clark?
06-22-2018, 10:58 PM

Uh no thank you

Dawg61
06-22-2018, 11:20 PM
That?s been my chief complain all year

Yup

Exactly my thought

Exactly

5 one word or one sentence replies in a row. Good job Preach. Don't have some rep.

BuckyIsAB****
06-22-2018, 11:22 PM
I would take Cohen as the HC in a heartbeat. Hes going to hire Schloss though

Dawg2003
06-23-2018, 12:02 AM
I hope Cohen got as pissed as I did last night that we don?t have a national championship in baseball. There is zero excuse that we don?t. As much as I?ve loved watching this team, we shouldn?t have to cobble together pitchers like that. We shouldn?t have inconsistent pitching that is prone to complete meltdowns. We should be as good as OSU every year. We have a rich baseball tradition, but we?ve let people surpass us. Florida and Arkansas. Auburn is going to be a problem to be reckoned with too. Are we gonna let Auburn get a national championship before us? I never get mad about this stuff, but I?m just really mad that we don?t have a baseball championship because there is no excuse for it.

Todd4State
06-23-2018, 12:14 AM
I hope Cohen got as pissed as I did last night that we don?t have a national championship in baseball. There is zero excuse that we don?t. As much as I?ve loved watching this team, we shouldn?t have to cobble together pitchers like that. We shouldn?t have inconsistent pitching that is prone to complete meltdowns. We should be as good as OSU every year. We have a rich baseball tradition, but we?ve let people surpass us. Florida and Arkansas. Auburn is going to be a problem to be reckoned with too. Are we gonna let Auburn get a national championship before us? I never get mad about this stuff, but I?m just really mad that we don?t have a baseball championship because there is no excuse for it.

I agree 100%. But it makes sense when you consider that we've begged a burned out coach to come back not once but twice in Polk, hired a guy that the burned out coach wanted because we are nice in Pat McMahon, and then had to rebuild under Cohen and now have had to deal with the Cann BS and now Henderson.

We've really only been operating at an optimum level in baseball about six of the last 30 years. Because we choose to cling to the past and be nice for the most part. It's time for us to be elite and get this right.

Dawg2003
06-23-2018, 01:44 AM
I agree 100%. But it makes sense when you consider that we've begged a burned out coach to come back not once but twice in Polk, hired a guy that the burned out coach wanted because we are nice in Pat McMahon, and then had to rebuild under Cohen and now have had to deal with the Cann BS and now Henderson.

We've really only been operating at an optimum level in baseball about six of the last 30 years. Because we choose to cling to the past and be nice for the most part. It's time for us to be elite and get this right.

Agree. Polk 2 was a disaster that set us back years. Cohen had to get a shovel and dig us out of that mess. Andy Cannizaro just makes me madder then mad. Not at Cohen because no one could foresee that. AC was a good coach, but he stopped coaching and checked out. I don?t care about his personal life so much, but when you stop coaching and try to run the program into the ground it?s on another level. I mean, texting in the dugout during a game? How can the man show his face around Starkville? This thing could have gone sideways badly. Kids could have started transferring out. I don?t want Henderson as head coach, but I thank him immensely for not letting this program go down in flames.

My hope tonight is that if we go out, we do it competitively. We just don?t get shelled and embarrassed. The IB is in a bad place because we all know Hendo isn?t the answer, but how can you look Hendo in the eye and tell him to pack his stuff up? I love the IB though. I love it when he gets pissed. I bet he?s like me in that watching us pitch makes him want to break things. I?ve started turning the channel when we pitch. Better for my mental health.

mstatefan91
06-23-2018, 02:05 AM
Would not shock me if Cohen addresses the team as “Coach” before they take the field tomorrow. He knows what it means. He’s been there.

Cooterpoot
06-23-2018, 03:05 AM

No you don’t.

RocketDawg
06-23-2018, 08:34 AM
I would take Cohen as the HC in a heartbeat. Hes going to hire Schloss though

Didn't he lose 2 in a row to UCLA about 5 years ago? **

I seen it dawg
06-23-2018, 11:51 AM
I miss Wed Johnson pitching philosophy.

Good lord so do I. This babyshit dancing around hitters and not going after them is loserville.

I seen it dawg
06-23-2018, 11:52 AM

Good

Bulldog1
06-23-2018, 11:58 AM
I'm a huge fan of Wes Johnson. Would love to have him back.

preachermatt83
06-23-2018, 06:15 PM
No you don’t.

Yes. I really do. He’s one of the “salesmen” you would ever see and has connections all over the country. He could get very good players here and can coach circles around vann.

Really Clark?
06-23-2018, 07:02 PM
Yes. I really do. He’s one of the “salesmen” you would ever see and has connections all over the country. He could get very good players here and can coach circles around vann.

I’m sorry, he has had great success in high school. Can’t take anything away from him on that. But I cannot disagree more with you about him being a college level head coach. Maybe JUCO or small school first. And I can guarantee you his contacts are not near as good as Vann’s was when she was hired or now. That’s not close

msstate7
06-23-2018, 07:05 PM
I'm a huge fan of Wes Johnson. Would love to have him back.

As a HC? That's only way he comes back