PDA

View Full Version : We are MSU - Small hurt during batting practice

mparkerfd20
06-22-2018, 01:44 PM
For some reason Small was shagging balls during batting practice and wasn't paying attention. He caught a line drive in the pitching arm and training staff was on field with him for 10 minutes..... All this according to Robbie Faulk.

DAMNIT!

VandelayIndustries
06-22-2018, 01:44 PM
Truly unbelievable

KOdawg1
06-22-2018, 01:46 PM
You've got to be kidding me

was21
06-22-2018, 01:46 PM
On the coaching staff

Really Clark?
06-22-2018, 01:57 PM
On the coaching staff

Because he wasn’t paying attention? Because unless a pitcher is having a bullpen session, they ALL shag balls. MLB pitchers do it everyday, including starters who are not pitching or in a side session. No that is not on the coaches

BulldogBear
06-22-2018, 02:01 PM
Indians finally came back from a trip to the happy hunting grounds, looked up and said WT17? Oh hell naw!*****

Cooterpoot
06-22-2018, 02:01 PM
Because he wasn’t paying attention? Because unless a pitcher is having a bullpen session, they ALL shag balls. MLB pitchers do it everyday, including starters who are not pitching or in a side session. No that is not on the coaches

Not on the infield. Normally pitchers are in the outfield.

Really Clark?
06-22-2018, 02:02 PM
Not on the infield. Normally pitchers are in the outfield.

That I agree with. Didn’t see anyone say he was on the infield when it happened

Cooterpoot
06-22-2018, 02:04 PM
Good news is it wasn't his arm as they initially reported. Have to worry about a concussion though. It was around the head/neck area.

The Federalist Engineer
06-22-2018, 02:30 PM
At least he did not slip on a banana, that would have been a MSTATE moment

StateDawg44
06-22-2018, 02:48 PM
I lol'd at my desk.

BuckyIsAB****
06-22-2018, 02:49 PM
He looks fine to me

TXDawg
06-22-2018, 03:02 PM
ESPN announcers said he was in foul territory and it hit him in the left elbow.

Showed him in the dugout during the first inning and it looked like he had his left arm wrapped.

Ari Gold
06-22-2018, 03:04 PM

Not when your the starter tomorrow in a game that puts u in the finals of the college World Series

Really Clark?
06-22-2018, 03:09 PM
Not when your the starter tomorrow in a game that puts u in the finals of the college World Series

Shagging in the outfield, where he should have been, yes they do. MLB pitchers do it as well. But then someone said he was in foul territory and Cooter said he was in the infield. In the infield shagging absolutely not.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-22-2018, 03:15 PM
Not the day before a possible start in the CWS...HENDERSON is head coach and pitching coach.... %1000 on Henderson

StateDawg44
06-22-2018, 03:40 PM
Who cares who's fault it is?

It happened regardless of who is to blame.

TXDawg
06-22-2018, 03:43 PM
Not the day before a possible start in the CWS...HENDERSON is head coach and pitching coach.... %1000 on Henderson

Some people grasping at straws to find reasons to be anti-Henderson.

Not saying he should get the HC job, but this ISN’T a reason he shouldn’t.

Ari Gold
06-22-2018, 03:46 PM
Shagging in the outfield, where he should have been, yes they do. MLB pitchers do it as well. But then someone said he was in foul territory and Cooter said he was in the infield. In the infield shagging absolutely not.

I understand that pitchers shag balls during BP
But I’m not having my next day starter anywhere something could go wrong or happen

Really Clark?
06-22-2018, 04:22 PM
I understand that pitchers shag balls during BP
But I’m not having my next day starter anywhere something could go wrong or happen

I don’t necessarily disagree, if he was in or headed to the infield. The question we should be asking however is did Small drink Jobu’s rum? That might have been the real issue at hand

TXDawg
06-22-2018, 04:35 PM
ESPN just showed the clip. He was in foul territory down the LF line a little deeper than half way between 3B and the wall. His back was to the plate and it looked like he was waiting for someone in LF to throw him a ball.

It was a pop-up that tracked directly to him and hit his left elbow.

msbulldog
06-22-2018, 04:53 PM
ESPN just showed the clip. He was in foul territory down the LF line a little deeper than half way between 3B and the wall. His back was to the plate and it looked like he was waiting for someone in LF to throw him a ball.

And that is a compression sleeve on his left arm not a concussion sleeve. It looked more like a drive than a pop-up to me

TXDawg
06-22-2018, 05:27 PM
And that is a compression sleeve on his left arm not a concussion sleeve. It looked more like a drive than a pop-up to me

It was a tweener. I just didn’t know which one to use (line drive or pop-up), so I went with pop-up.

MarketingBully
06-22-2018, 06:40 PM

Didn’t hit his left elbow....

"I'm fine. I took two Tylenol."
Ball caught him inside of non-throwing elbow. He's mad he didn't turn in time to catch it.
And he knows after all the years of snagging balls in BP, he ought have been more aware of the surroundings.
Good mood to say the least.