PDA

View Full Version : Vegas has us as big underdogs vs OSU tomorrow - OSU -2.5 runs

biggun
06-21-2018, 09:52 PM
Obviously Vegas thinks Billingsly is going to get shelled by the Beavers. Who is pitching for OSU?

5dimes Money line is:
MSU +200 (If picking MSU to win, a $100 bet cashes for $200 if we win)
OSU - 280 (If picking OSU to win, Must wager $280 to win $100)

Betting line:
OSU -2.5 runs, -110 to win $100
MSU +2.5 runs, -130 to win $100

Jack Lambert
06-21-2018, 10:00 PM
And it will be a love fest with OSU by the tv commentators but the stadium will be colored maroon.

DawgFromOxford
06-21-2018, 10:28 PM
I've always liked my MSU teams in the underdog role. Wouldn't have it any other way.

msbulldog
06-22-2018, 06:39 AM
I've always liked my MSU teams in the underdog role. Wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm with you!

MarketingBully
06-22-2018, 07:06 AM
Serious question. If we end up winning this thing, would this propell us back to 3rd overall in the SEC behind LSU and South Carolina? We would have just as many national championships and finals appearances as Vandy and would outrank them from 10 CWS appearances to 3. This run would be huge to rearrange the pecking order period in the SEC and pretty much shut up all the MSU fan idiots that say our baseball program isn’t elite.

Offshore Dawg
06-22-2018, 07:21 AM
Dude, Dawgs are in the world series again, they are an Elite program.

msstate7
06-22-2018, 07:28 AM
Serious question. If we end up winning this thing, would this propell us back to 3rd overall in the SEC behind LSU and South Carolina? We would have just as many national championships and finals appearances as Vandy and would outrank them from 10 CWS appearances to 3. This run would be huge to rearrange the pecking order period in the SEC and pretty much shut up all the MSU fan idiots that say our baseball program isn’t elite.
Vandy and Florida are better programs than us right now

BrunswickDawg
06-22-2018, 07:49 AM

I'd say the past 10 years of an SEC Tourney Title, an SEC Title, 7 Regional appearances, 5 Supers, 2 CWS appearances, 2 Final Fours, a Championship Series appearance (and possibly more with this team), having the national Coach of the Year, and having the best stadium in College Baseball might have us turning the corner.***

MedDawg
06-22-2018, 08:05 AM
Serious question. If we end up winning this thing, would this propell us back to 3rd overall in the SEC behind LSU and South Carolina? We would have just as many national championships and finals appearances as Vandy and would outrank them from 10 CWS appearances to 3. This run would be huge to rearrange the pecking order period in the SEC and pretty much shut up all the MSU fan idiots that say our baseball program isn?t elite.

I would have said that would put us past South Carolina (deep history+1 NC > 2 NC's), but I recently looked them up and in addtion to the two recent NC's, they have a pretty good deep history in baseball, much like State's. Maybe pull even with them. We would pass Vandy, though.

I agree with the other poster that UF is so strong right now that they would be ahead of us. They keep getting 1st round draftees to go to school and are clearly better than LSU 'right now', so they aren't far from catching up to LSU as a program.

So overall program strength IF MSU wins it all: LSU, then UF, then USC/MSU, then Vandy, Arkansas, OM, A&M, rest. If Ark wins it all, we would swap places with them. If UF wins it all, they should be considered even with LSU. LSU would have more NC's and a better history, but UF's incredible recent success would make them #1 with or ahead of LSU.

MarketingBully
06-22-2018, 08:18 AM
Vandy and Florida are better programs than us right now

If we win it all, what is Vandy better then us at? They have only been to Omaha 3x period.

msstate7
06-22-2018, 08:34 AM
If we win it all, what is Vandy better then us at? They have only been to Omaha 3x period.

Last 9 years...
1 natty finish
1 national runner up finish
1 CWS finish
4 SR finish
2 regional finish
2 sec titles
Loads of top mlb picks

GoDawgz
06-22-2018, 08:39 AM
Right where we want to be!

The Federalist Engineer
06-22-2018, 08:42 AM
Aren't we supposed to be 0-30 on the SEC? What the hell are we doing in Omaha in late June?