PDA

View Full Version : A little Basketball thread

MoreCowbell
06-21-2018, 04:19 PM
Was looking at future mock drafts and whoever said that we had 4/5 guys get drafted off this team might not be far off.

Heavy.com- Aric Holman 29th

NBAdraft.net- Nick Weatherspoon 30th, Lamar Peters 34th, Aric Holman 40th (Reggie Perry 34th in 2020)

ESPN- Lamar Peters 30th

NBAdraftroom.com- Aric Holman 40th, and has Nick Weatherspoon ?On the bubble?

Surprised by Holman. He needs to hit the weight room HARD this offseason.

We have a chance to be special this year. Not trying to beat my chest but was ridiculed in a thread early in season when we were struggling. My exact prediction was that we would finish last year middle of the pack in the SEC and in 2019 we would compete for the regular season title. I was mocked but l was right about last year and hopefully right about next year.

Dawg61
06-21-2018, 04:54 PM
Marketing said 4 NBA guys. We've seen our players on mock boards before they just rarely stay there when it comes drafting time. Jamont Gordon left early and didn't even get drafted. Pretty sure he stayed on mock boards the entire time he was here. Lots of players stay on there that never get drafted. Scotty Hopson, Devonta Pollard for example. I'm not trying to knock our players it's just the NBA draft seems to be so unpredictable outside the 1st round. If the players are top 30 on the mock boards then they will get drafted. That's about as far down the ranking I trust to be accurate.

Bulldog1
06-21-2018, 04:59 PM
I thought it was 5?

99jc
06-21-2018, 05:17 PM
I thought it was 5?

we have any players make an NBA roster. One player whom has a remote chance would be Lamar because of his dribbling skills. Outside of him its not going to happen. Overseas yes USA no way!

Dawg61
06-21-2018, 06:17 PM
Players can go from not being ranked at all in mock drafts to lottery picks in one year if the lightbulb comes on. Antonio Daniels is my favorite example of this. No name nobody playing at Bowling Green State University. His brother passed away on the practice court for Dayton. Antonio totally transformed himself in one year into the #4 draft pick overall after that happened. Was a totally different player after his brother passed. Really remarkable what happened with Antonio. He went on to have a decade plus NBA career.

MoreCowbell
06-21-2018, 06:18 PM
Marketing said 4 NBA guys. We've seen our players on mock boards before they just rarely stay there when it comes drafting time. Jamont Gordon left early and didn't even get drafted. Pretty sure he stayed on mock boards the entire time he was here. Lots of players stay on there that never get drafted. Scotty Hopson, Devonta Pollard for example. I'm not trying to knock our players it's just the NBA draft seems to be so unpredictable outside the 1st round. If the players are top 30 on the mock boards then they will get drafted. That's about as far down the ranking I trust to be accurate.

Yea 4 or 5 guys making an NBA roster is craziness but wouldnt shock me if we had 3/4 drafted. I would not have thought Holman would get drafted but he seems to have the most NBA protectable game. Could see he, Lamar, and Nick getting drafted. Havent seen Perry play yet so wont speculate. Bottom line is we should have a really solid team for the first time in a long while. Most of our players are projected mid to late second round. I would think if that were the case Nick would come back to climb into 1st round unless he shoots up draft boards. Lamar seems like a guy who is gone after this year though even if only projected 2nd round.

Dawg61
06-21-2018, 11:43 PM
Peters is definitely gone after this year. Hope we get 1st round talent outta him all year long.

MetEdDawg
06-21-2018, 11:49 PM
Holman has the skill set to play in today's NBA at the 4. Mid range jumper, 3 point shot, has some skill around the basket, is athletic, will rebound. He needs to get bigger and more physical, but he's got a lot of things that we've seen in his game that the pros like. We just don't always see it in enough abundance.

Bulldog1
06-21-2018, 11:57 PM
Peters is definitely gone after this year. Hope we get 1st round talent outta him all year long.

Hope he steps up and becomes a vocal leader of the team this year.

Ari Gold
06-22-2018, 01:39 PM

Lamar better be in the gym working on his off the dribble mid range jumper.

You have to be a special player in today’s NBA if u are a guard under 6’1
Lamar shot below 30% from 3 below 40% from 2 and below 70% from the foul line.
Not saying he doesn’t have NBA skill set but he better improve on those numbers

Nick is the most ready NBA player we have of the returning players from last year