PDA

View Full Version : LSU QB question... Where was TR in the 3rd Quarter..

fishwater99
10-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Here are the Stats from our QB's from the first half from Saturday.

Not saying we would have won the game, but it is interesting that Dan benched TR in the 3rd quarter..
If we are going to use the 2 QB system, then we need to use both QB's.
You could even argue that TR was the better QB in the 1st half vs LSU.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=160&d=1381503695

Coach34
10-11-2013, 10:18 AM
meh, Prescott led 2 good drives in the 3rd Q- one stalled at the 5 yard line, the other stalled at LSU's 25 and of course Bell missed the FG

Dakota was 3-5 for 51 yards in the 3rd Q- so the myth that Chavis made adjustments at half and shut him down is crap.

Where I thought Mullen messed up was in the 4th Q when he trotted Dakota backout there to throw 3 straight passes.

MarketingBully01
10-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Our offense is our own worst enemy at times. Add the Dorf on field goal kicking and it doesn't take much from a defense to shut us down. Why can't we just have Bell do kickoffs? He absolutely is killing us in the kicking game. I could take misses to the opposite side when he is on a far hash but he is missing straight up to the far sides post. What that tells me is he is not even trying to get better. If we are going to win 6-7 games we need that as the biggest improvement overall. He has to be the biggest bust of our team if you want to call anyone a bust. Just absolute crap from the field goal kicking perspective. He single handedly lost us the Auburn game.

fishwater99
10-11-2013, 10:42 AM
meh, Prescott led 2 good drives in the 3rd Q- one stalled at the 5 yard line, the other stalled at LSU's 25 and of course Bell missed the FG

Dakota was 3-5 for 51 yards in the 3rd Q- so the myth that Chavis made adjustments at half and shut him down is crap.

Where I thought Mullen messed up was in the 4th Q when he trotted Dakota backout there to throw 3 straight passes.

I agree, I thought we moved the ball well with DAK in there, but why not put TR in at the goal line and pass the ball.
LSU stopped our runs once we got in the red-zone, it was time to pass...
If we are going to play 2 QB's let's play 2 QB's, swap them in and out in the same series.
If not, bench TR and play DAK to get ready for next year...

Maroon Diapers
10-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Granted most of TR's stats came on 2 passes where he had our 2 best WRs in 1 on 1 coverage that resulted in TDs so they're kind of skewed, I think we should use both. Dak is just a freak with his legs escaping the rush though, as with his first TD. We do need to get TR in there enough in the 2nd and 3rd to keep mixing it up for opposing defenses and keep Dak's legs fresh enough to get through the second half.

Jack Lambert
10-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Our offense is our own worst enemy at times. Add the Dorf on field goal kicking and it doesn't take much from a defense to shut us down. Why can't we just have Bell do kickoffs? He absolutely is killing us in the kicking game. I could take misses to the opposite side when he is on a far hash but he is missing straight up to the far sides post. What that tells me is he is not even trying to get better. If we are going to win 6-7 games we need that as the biggest improvement overall. He has to be the biggest bust of our team if you want to call anyone a bust. Just absolute crap from the field goal kicking perspective. He single handedly lost us the Auburn game.

I don't even want him kicking the kick off. All but one was retruned meanwhile only one of LSU was returned. I could undertand if we were sitll kicking from the 30 but the ball has been moved back up. If you can't kick the ball through the end zone on kick off you should not be on the team.

CadaverDawg
10-11-2013, 11:11 AM

Actually, Dan Mullen single handedly lost us the Auburn game.

MarketingBully01
10-11-2013, 11:19 AM
Yes, but four points makes it a TD game and even if he makes just that field goal to make it a six point game we defend it and they play that last drive very differently.

maroonmania
10-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Here are the Stats from our QB's from the first half from Saturday.

Not saying we would have won the game, but it is interesting that Dan benched TR in the 3rd quarter..
If we are going to use the 2 QB system, then we need to use both QB's.
You could even argue that TR was the better QB in the 1st half vs LSU.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=160&d=1381503695

I understand the point but if you go back and look at the game stats TR didn't play any in the first quarter either. So the fact he didn't play in the third quarter is not that surprising.