PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky basketball gets huge transfer

msstate7
06-20-2018, 07:15 PM
"....Then, Reid Travis, an all-Pac 12 forward who averaged 19.5 PPG and 8.7 RPG at Stanford last season, announced that he's transferring to Kentucky, where he'll be immediately eligible to compete for the Wildcats in 2018-19...."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/23852968/reid-travis-transfer-kentucky-wildcats-new-no-1-way-too-early-top-25?platform=amp

This sucks. I really think we have a team that can challenge for an sec title. This is a big blow to those chances

msbulldog
06-20-2018, 07:22 PM
I think I would rather have a Stanford degree, than a Kentucky ring. If you are that good the scouts are going to find you!

msstate7
06-20-2018, 07:22 PM
I think I would rather have a Stanford degree, than a Kentucky ring. If you are that good the scouts are going to find you!
He's a graduate transfer. Why not both? Ha

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 07:41 PM
"....Then, Reid Travis, an all-Pac 12 forward who averaged 19.5 PPG and 8.7 RPG at Stanford last season, announced that he's transferring to Kentucky, where he'll be immediately eligible to compete for the Wildcats in 2018-19...."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/23852968/reid-travis-transfer-kentucky-wildcats-new-no-1-way-too-early-top-25?platform=amp

This sucks. I really think we have a team that can challenge for an sec title. This is a big blow to those chances

They are still gonna lose Knox, Alexander, Vanderbilt and Diallo. Kentucky is always going to be top 5 in SEC but yea this definitely sucks.

Bothrops
06-20-2018, 08:05 PM

The refs will never allow us to beat Kentucky in men's basketball again, unless they suck big time.

LC Dawg
06-20-2018, 08:36 PM
The refs will never allow us to beat Kentucky in men's basketball again, unless they suck big time.

The worst thing about us being good at basketball is watching the refs come up with a new way to **** us each year.

RocketDawg
06-20-2018, 08:42 PM
He's a graduate transfer. Why not both? Ha

Should get a graduate degree at Stanford.

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2018, 08:51 PM
These types of situations are my biggest issue with the grad transfer rule. Feels like it just props up blue bloods.

Bama has one every year in football as well.

Where are our grad transfers? Why don't any of them want to come to MSU?

msstate7
06-20-2018, 08:56 PM
These types of situations are my biggest issue with the grad transfer rule. Feels like it just props up blue bloods.

Bama has one every year in football as well.

Well we just aren't as appealing as Kentucky in basketball or bama in football. Where would our baseball team be without France?

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2018, 09:03 PM
Well we just aren't as appealing as Kentucky in basketball or bama in football. Where would our baseball team be without France?

Sure. I get it. Just frustrating at times. Good point on France

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 09:14 PM

It's a slow process for us right now in basketball. We are getting there though. This year we finally have a chance to be ranked at some point. Will be the first time we've been ranked since right before Bury's collapse in his last year.

tireddawg
06-20-2018, 11:59 PM
Damn, that's a long time. Never thought about it.