PDA

View Full Version : Oregon State vs UNC Elimination Game

TheRef
06-20-2018, 06:21 PM
Oregon State has announced that Heimlich is starting. So we shouldn't have to worry about him pitching tomorrow.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgK5t8TUEAANfLO.jpg

North Carolina lineup

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgK7QcwUcAo7NfM.jpg

msstate7
06-20-2018, 06:25 PM
Need osu to use Abel also

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-20-2018, 06:32 PM
Here's to a 12 inning 15-14 game.

msstate7
06-20-2018, 06:35 PM
Here's to a 12 inning 15-14 game.

Play 5 innings tonight tied at 2 burning both starters. Let me come back tomorrow and burn their 2nd best guy

Pit Bull
06-20-2018, 06:43 PM
Oregon State feels they can easily beat MSU with their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rotation. They think they can hit anything we throw at them.

TheRef
06-20-2018, 06:47 PM
Oregon State feels they can easily beat MSU with their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rotation. They think they can hit anything we throw at them.

Don't let this disrespekt pass us by.

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 07:14 PM
Looks like Oregon State has lost their leadoff hitter Steven Kwan CF to a tweaked hamstring. That's a huge loss for them. 360 AVG. 460 OBP. 14 SBs. 5th round draft pick for Indians.

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 07:15 PM
Ball is flying to LF tonight. 2 solo homers in 1st by OSU.

KOdawg1
06-20-2018, 07:15 PM
OSU hits 2 HRs in the top of the first..

Bdawg
06-20-2018, 07:27 PM
Is UNC throwing their ace too?

TheRef
06-20-2018, 07:37 PM
Is UNC throwing their ace too?

No...They're throwing their #3

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2018, 07:37 PM
Flags moving directly out. There will be a combined 8 hrs in this game.

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2018, 07:38 PM
Man, this rapist has a pretty good swooping slider.

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2018, 07:39 PM
How come UNC fans are not all over this dude for being a convicted rapist.

Bdawg
06-20-2018, 07:42 PM
How come UNC fans are not all over this dude for being a convicted rapist.

Damn. How is he on the team???

Cooterpoot
06-20-2018, 07:44 PM
OSU is going to pound UNC.

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 07:45 PM
ESPN addressed the guilty molestation charge and Heimlich's statement is he's always maintained his innocence of it. Did he get shit advice as a 15 year old to just plead guilty of it so it'd go away? Dude needs to be suing everyone in the country if he's innocent of the charge. He should be coming for blood for everyone. This story is disturbing if he's guilty and disturbing if he's not.

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2018, 07:45 PM
Well not "rape" but sexual assault. Plead guilty. Seems to be a pretty fine line between sexual assault and rape. But whatever.

Todd4State
06-20-2018, 07:46 PM
Damn. How is he on the team???

Ask Pat Casey their coach. If I was their coach his ass would be gone.

Todd4State
06-20-2018, 07:46 PM
Well not "rape" but sexual assault. Plead guilty. Seems to be a pretty fine line between sexual assault and rape. But whatever.

Child molester is the most accurate.

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 07:48 PM
Ask Pat Casey their coach. If I was their coach his ass would be gone.

I think we've got a netflix conspiracy documentary coming from what I read on the story.

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2018, 07:48 PM
ESPN addressed the guilty molestation charge and Heimlich's statement is he's always maintained his innocence of it. Did he get shit advice as a 15 year old to just plead guilty of it so it'd go away? Dude needs to be suing everyone in the country if he's innocent of the charge. He should be coming for blood for everyone. This story is disturbing if he's guilty and disturbing if he's not.

I agree it is disturbing either way. I would just throw out comments here and there.

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2018, 07:49 PM
Child molester is the most accurate.

Shit. Even worse.

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2018, 07:51 PM
Well I obviously do not know what the entire story was about it, but I thought it was amazing I never heard of it before today.

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2018, 07:51 PM
Figured fanbases would be all over it.

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 07:55 PM
I agree it is disturbing either way. I would just throw out comments here and there.

Lol I think "child rapist" is below the belt even for hecklers and sorry for that horrible choice of words

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/44/d6/e8/44d6e859a26a06d291bc2a06105d8804.gif

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2018, 07:55 PM
What is with this guy sleeping. The broadcasters just now starting talking baseball again for the first time in 5 minutes.

KOdawg1
06-20-2018, 07:56 PM
If Oregon State wins, who will they throw against us? Did they throw their #2 against Washington? If so, then they'd probably throw their #3 since it's only 4 days rest for #2 and Heimlich is pitching tonight

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2018, 07:57 PM
Lol I think "child rapist" is below the belt even for hecklers and sorry for that horrible choice of words

True. Child rape is a tough one to heckle. Just regular sexual assault would have been easier.

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 07:58 PM
What is with this guy sleeping. The broadcasters just now starting talking baseball again for the first time in 5 minutes.

Lol announcers have gotten a little loopy and bored with baseball while having to wait around during all these rain delays. Laura Rutledge is having a blast in Omaha though. She's by far the best on the field announcer and SEC Network announcer ESPN has.

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2018, 07:59 PM
Carolinas outfielders are shifting all over the place, in the wrong position, and playing like the wind is blowing in. OSU may hang 15 on these guys.

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2018, 08:00 PM
Man, they woke that dude up. Could have been a good over/under.

msstate7
06-20-2018, 08:01 PM
Even if unc loses this, we need them to keep this tight. I want both teams going thru relievers

VandelayIndustries
06-20-2018, 08:01 PM
Yea they threw Fehmel against Washington on Monday, he only went four or five though. Could see him starting Friday

Quaoarsking
06-20-2018, 08:03 PM
SI had a fantastic (from a journalistic perspective I mean - it's a tough read) article about Heimlich:
https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/05/16/luke-heimlich-oregon-state

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 08:04 PM
Man, they woke that dude up. Could have been a good over/under.

Lol Ameritrade got worried he was dead?

Dawgcap
06-20-2018, 08:06 PM

If he was dead he at least went with a bit of a smile on his face! Why wake him?

msstate7
06-20-2018, 08:08 PM

Or really drunk more likely

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 08:09 PM
SI had a fantastic (from a journalistic perspective I mean - it's a tough read) article about Heimlich:
https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/05/16/luke-heimlich-oregon-state

Thanks I'll read it later. Heimlich would probably be a top draft pick if he didn't have this charge so I am curious why he isn't screaming from the mountain tops about his innocence if true. He went totally undrafted so it's costing him millions of dollars. If he's truly innocent he better start saving his life and career like yesterday. No time to be shy.

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 08:10 PM
If he was dead he at least went with a bit of a smile on his face! Why wake him?

I'm guessing cause they got scared of a potential lawsuit if something was actually wrong with him and ESPN was making fun of him for an hour on global television.

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-20-2018, 08:13 PM
NC is knocking Heimlich around. They just can't piece it together. Surely they'll get something here.

I can't believe ESPN has brought up the Heimlich story in both games he's pitched. It's not a good look for college baseball that one of the premier programs has a child molester for an ace, and everyone is seemingly cool with it. Or it's not a good look that they keep on bringing up that he's technically a child molester even though he actually isn't.

msstate7
06-20-2018, 08:15 PM
Wow

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-20-2018, 08:17 PM
That's the most convoluted replay rule I've ever seen

Bdawg
06-20-2018, 08:18 PM
Fair or foul? Man that was a big play

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 08:20 PM
That's the most convoluted replay rule I've ever seen

Looked foul to me

Liverpooldawg

Even if he is one? It appears he is.

Percho
I thought the ball came off of home plate.

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 08:22 PM
NC is knocking Heimlich around. They just can't piece it together. Surely they'll get something here.

I can't believe ESPN has brought up the Heimlich story in both games he's pitched. It's not a good look for college baseball that one of the premier programs has a child molester for an ace, and everyone is seemingly cool with it. Or it's not a good look that they keep on bringing up that he's technically a child molester even though he actually isn't.

Really is a ****ed up story. If he is guilty then the girl and family can sue the hell outta him for telling global media he's innocent of it I would think. Somebody getting sued soon in this twisted strange story.

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-20-2018, 08:25 PM
Guys, do me a favor. Please be cognizant of calling someone "child rapist" and "molester" when you don't know the full story. This is someones life we're talking about here and I'm sure you wouldn't want someone talking about you or a loved one like that. You just never know the situation without all of the facts. It is a really sensitive issue. I know first hand....

I went to our local bar with my wife last night. Locals started shouting "pedophile!" and other names at me, just because my wife is 24 and I'm 50. It completely ruined our 10th anniversary.*

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 08:27 PM
Even if he is one? It appears he is.

Where did I say "even if he is one" like I am lessoning his charge? By no means am I making light of his charge but what I am saying is if he is as innocent as he claims to be then he needs to stand up for himself like crazy.

Perhaps you're misunderstanding what I am meaning by below the belt for hecklers. I am referring to the family atmosphere of Ameritrade not towards Heimlich. You just don't scream some things at players in front of hundreds of kids in a stadium. "Child rapist" qualifies as one of those things.

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 08:30 PM
Guys, do me a favor. Please be cognizant of calling someone "child rapist" and "molester" when you don't know the full story. This is someones life we're talking about here and I'm sure you wouldn't want someone talking about you or a loved one like that. You just never know the situation without all of the facts. It is a really sensitive issue. I know first hand....

I went to our local bar with my wife last night. Locals started shouting "pedophile!" and other names at me, just because my wife is 24 and I'm 50. It completely ruined our 10th anniversary.*

I'm sorry your one asterisk is throwing me off here. What's one asterisk mean again?

RocketDawg
06-20-2018, 08:39 PM

Deserving of a medal.

Quaoarsking
06-20-2018, 08:44 PM
He probably did it.

If he's innocent, he willingly took a plea deal and proclaimed himself guilty and became a sex offender despite innocence. I realize people do that in some situations (that's why there's an Alford plea (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alford_plea), though that's not what Heimlich did), but in Heimlich's situation, that doesn't make a lot of sense. It's unlikely that he would have been convicted without damning physical evidence (and unlikely that it would have even gone to trial unless the DA is an idiot with an agenda), and even if he was somehow, Washington is very lenient on juvenile sex offenders - pleading out avoided the possibility of 60 weeks in juvie, not years and years in prison or anything like that that he would have faced in some other states.

Granted, he was 15 and maybe not mature enough to make that decision, and his parents may have pressured him to do it. But in this scenario, Luke's a moron, his parents are morons and possibily have sinister motivations, his lawyers are idiots, the accuser's parents might be evil (or maybe not), and the police and DA are incompetent morons - you don't bring people to trial without any evidence.

If he's innocent, everyone in the story is at least an idiot, possibly criminally so. But if he's guilty, everyone in the story acted correctly and rationally - the legal system did their job and his parents and lawyers got him the best deal they could for him.

You can decide which is more likely.

BeardoMSU
06-20-2018, 08:52 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/WMPoT4xd9ZqOQ/giphy.gif

parabrave
06-20-2018, 08:53 PM
has sleeping beauty woken up yet?

Bdawg
06-20-2018, 09:06 PM

Ha ha. So how long did y'all date before you got married?

msstate7
06-20-2018, 09:08 PM

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 09:11 PM
He probably did it.

If he's innocent, he willingly took a plea deal and proclaimed himself guilty and became a sex offender despite innocence. I realize people do that in some situations (that's why there's an Alford plea (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alford_plea), though that's not what Heimlich did), but in Heimlich's situation, that doesn't make a lot of sense. It's unlikely that he would have been convicted without damning physical evidence (and unlikely that it would have even gone to trial unless the DA is an idiot with an agenda), and even if he was somehow, Washington is very lenient on juvenile sex offenders - pleading out avoided the possibility of 60 weeks in juvie, not years and years in prison or anything like that that he would have faced in some other states.

Granted, he was 15 and maybe not mature enough to make that decision, and his parents may have pressured him to do it. But in this scenario, Luke's a moron, his parents are morons and possibily have sinister motivations, his lawyers are idiots, the accuser's parents might be evil (or maybe not), and the police and DA are incompetent morons - you don't bring people to trial without any evidence.

If he's innocent, everyone in the story is at least an idiot, possibly criminally so. But if he's guilty, everyone in the story acted correctly and rationally - the legal system did their job and his parents and lawyers got him the best deal they could for him.

You can decide which is more likely.

Sure all of that points to him being guilty especially since he himself plead guilty but why is he still claiming innocence when doing so opens him up to being sued? If he's guilty and that's my daughter I am suing him for millions in civil court for continuing to claim himself innocent to global media.

Liverpooldawg
06-20-2018, 09:16 PM
Sure all of that points to him being guilty especially since he himself plead guilty but why is he still claiming innocence when doing so opens him up to being sued? If he's guilty and that's my daughter I am suing him for millions in civil court for continuing to claim himself innocent to global media.

Remember the quote from Shawshank? Everybody in prison is innocent.

msstate7
06-20-2018, 09:17 PM
For Oregon state to be the supposed best team in college baseball, I'm not impressed with their team defense

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2018, 09:20 PM
I just read that entire SI story, the entire timeline of that scenario sucks. Tragic if he did it, tragic if he didn't. Even if he did do it, I like the quote about what he should do, kill himself. Even as a guilty person, he served his time, let the man play. If he didn't do it, unfortunately he plead guilty. Really tragic they would bring charges against someone without physical proof.

I mean imagine if you a 15 year old kid and facing that decision. Plead guilty and 5 years later it is sealed. If found guilty serve 5 years in a juvenile correction facility. In a He said / She said battle. The 6 year old is going to win that scenario. So even if he didn't do it, no way to prove it.

So long story short, he shouldn't be heckled.

CadaverDawg
06-20-2018, 09:23 PM
What is the purpose of the 1 foot netting inside the foul pole? To make it harder to tell if it's a HR? Ha, seems stupid, but maybe I'm missing some brilliant reason for it

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2018, 09:23 PM
Alright back to baseball talk. I am glad UNC is winning.

Really Clark?
06-20-2018, 09:24 PM
Some of y’all need to read the story. The victim is his niece and her mother admits from day one he has always denied the accusations. This was suppose to have been an agreed plea deal that was to keep from a trial for both sides. And to keep his name clear as to not hurt his prospects. Part of the deal was he couldn’t talk about it or proclaim to the mountain tops his innocence. It was not to come out. But once it did and his probation was over, his record was cleaned and he could again proclaim his innocence like he did in Feb. Now I have no clue if he is truly guilty or not, the girls mother believes her daughters story because she was like 4-5 when it allegedly happened and she doesn’t believe her daughter had the vocabulary or knowledge to make something like that up. But he didn’t just start proclaiming his innocence

CadaverDawg
By the way, UNC just hit a bomb and is now up 3 runs. I am loving the way this is playing out.

Lord McBuckethead
I would imagine it is actually easier to see because it has something in fair territory to stop the ball. If it hits something it's fair.

msstate7
06-20-2018, 09:26 PM
I've been pulling for unc, but I'm beginning to believe we are wanting the better team

DawgFromOxford
06-20-2018, 09:27 PM
NC just squeaked one inside the foul pole for a HR. Up 6-3 now. Since Oregon State threw there #1 tonight, would y'all still rather have to play NC or take on OrSt without their #1?

CadaverDawg
06-20-2018, 09:30 PM
I've been pulling for unc, but I'm beginning to believe we are wanting the better team

I see what you mean. However, That coulda been said for whichever team was winning if you think about it. I definitely think OSU has more talent and better pitching prospects...so while I think UNC is playing better, I just didn't want OSU to suddenly wake up against us and rise to their potential I guess. You may be right though, we may regret rooting for UNC

CadaverDawg
06-20-2018, 09:33 PM
I wish a storm would pop up right now and they'd have to resume tomorrow ha

Quaoarsking
06-20-2018, 09:33 PM
I just read that entire SI story, the entire timeline of that scenario sucks. Tragic if he did it, tragic if he didn't. Even if he did do it, I like the quote about what he should do, kill himself. Even as a guilty person, he served his time, let the man play. If he didn't do it, unfortunately he plead guilty. Really tragic they would bring charges against someone without physical proof.

I mean imagine if you a 15 year old kid and facing that decision. Plead guilty and 5 years later it is sealed. If found guilty serve 5 years in a juvenile correction facility. In a He said / She said battle. The 6 year old is going to win that scenario. So even if he didn't do it, no way to prove it.

So long story short, he shouldn't be heckled.

Rape/sexual assaults rarely* lead to convictions unless there is rock-solid proof. A true he said-she said is an easy acquittal if the defense attorney is remotely competent. If he truly is innocent, it's pretty unlikely that he would have been convicted.

*-Note: I didn't say never.

msstate7
06-20-2018, 09:34 PM
Want Oregon state to knock o'day out quickly next inning

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2018, 09:35 PM
Bigger question is why the fair pole is called a foul pole

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2018, 09:36 PM
I think OSU has a little bit left. I hope UNC wins though.

Pit Bull
06-20-2018, 09:37 PM
So who is UNC's #1 pitcher? Almost every pundit said the Heels were America's hottest team until they played us the other night. Seems to me, the same could be said for us.

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2018, 09:38 PM

I second that one. With three run lead they would have to pitch someone useful for the last 6 runs.

CadaverDawg
06-20-2018, 09:39 PM

Why is that? I tuned in late...is their starter still in?

Dawgcap
06-20-2018, 09:39 PM
We can as fans discuss picking our poison but I look at it that both teams know what their poison is

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2018, 09:40 PM
No idea on who UNC #1 is. I look at these two teams at which hitters do I want our pitching staff to face. I would rather our pitcher face UNC hitters. Something about OSU hitters I don't like.

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2018, 09:41 PM
I also hope the wind is blowing in Friday.

CadaverDawg
06-20-2018, 09:42 PM
Maybe the Freeze's will tie it up and go extra innings.

Really Clark?
06-20-2018, 09:44 PM
Rape/sexual assaults rarely* lead to convictions unless there is rock-solid proof. A true he said-she said is an easy acquittal if the defense attorney is remotely competent. If he truly is innocent, it's pretty unlikely that he would have been convicted.

*-Note: I didn't say never.

So he should have tried to win a trial with the alleged victim, his 6 year old niece no less, who was like 4-5 when the incident occurred? I could see that backfiring against him even with flimsy evidence. And how does any of us know that the other family members, while not necessarily believing him, agreed that this was a good outcome all around? Not to mention we don’t know exactly what was alleged, that label has a wide range it covers.

msstate7
06-20-2018, 09:45 PM
Why is that? I tuned in late...is their starter still in?

Good reliever they have that's cruising... and it's O'Brien, not o'day. I o'messed up

CadaverDawg
06-20-2018, 09:46 PM
Good reliever they have that's cruising... and it's O'Brien, not o'day. I o'messed up

Lol, you got your wish...going to the pen

msstate7
06-20-2018, 09:47 PM
My apologies, O'Brien

https://s8.postimg.cc/m6en7mx5x/7_C2341_F9-42_D1-4_EB8-897_F-1_A6_EEDFA5_B52.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 09:47 PM
For Oregon state to be the supposed best team in college baseball, I'm not impressed with their team defense

Keep in mind they just lost their 5th round draft pick centerfielder to a hamstring injury two games ago. He is their leadoff hitter and a massive loss.

msstate7
06-20-2018, 09:49 PM
Keep in mind they just lost their 5th round draft pick centerfielder to a hamstring injury two games ago. He is their leadoff hitter and a massive loss.

Good point

CadaverDawg
06-20-2018, 09:50 PM
College umps are so bad. That first pitch was a foot outside

CadaverDawg
06-20-2018, 09:51 PM

Could he return next game if they win?

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 09:52 PM
So he should have tried to win a trial with the alleged victim, his 6 year old niece no less, who was like 4-5 when the incident occurred? I could see that backfiring against him even with flimsy evidence. And how does any of us know that the other family members, while not necessarily believing him, agreed that this was a good outcome all around? Not to mention we don’t know exactly what was alleged, that label has a wide range it covers.

Sounds to me like the family all agreed to protect the little girl over him and didn't want to prolong it by going to court and dragging her in with it for years. Who all heard the story from the little girl?

KOdawg1
06-20-2018, 09:55 PM
Need OSU to tie this thing up and force extras

Really Clark?
06-20-2018, 09:56 PM
Wow. Such a wild pitch the runner doesn’t go

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 09:57 PM
Could he return next game if they win?

Casey said he's potentially available for a pinch hitting spot tonight and he said a day ago that if he's able to play there's no way he'll be able to keep Kwan out of the lineup so I am guessing he tweaked it pretty badly. He's a speed guy similar to Mangum so if he's in the lineup I seriously doubt he's able to use arguably his best tool and it would make it very difficult to put him in centerfield on a field that's seen rain all week long. You can see him in the dugout cheering. Asian guy. Steven Kwan. Very good player. I'd much rather play UNC over OSU even without Kwan.

KOdawg1
Looks like the rain is falling

Quaoarsking

If he really is innocent, yes. Would you plead guilty to a henious, life-ruining crime if you really didn't do it? If he's really innocent, he really got screwed over by his lawyer and his parents.

Also, we do know "exactly what was alleged" -- it's in the SI article. And he wasn't just accused of one incident, but many of the course of a couple years.

msstate7
06-20-2018, 09:58 PM
His 97-98 must be very straight. Only 9.88 k9, which is good, but not great in college

Todd4State
06-20-2018, 10:01 PM
Bases loaded no outs. And another pitcher in. This is beautiful.

Pit Bull
06-20-2018, 10:01 PM
I also hope the wind is blowing in Friday.

Yes....definitely best for our style of play.

msstate7
06-20-2018, 10:03 PM
What an awful AB. Just brutal

CadaverDawg
06-20-2018, 10:04 PM
6-6!

Let's play 20 innings, boys!

Todd4State
And now they're tied!

msstate7
Now rain! Rain! Please send rain!

Dawg61
Tied. Oh boy go 18 innings please with UNC winning.

CadaverDawg
06-20-2018, 10:06 PM
Hits like that are why I want UNC to win

DawgFromOxford
bases clearing double. Tie ball game top of the 8th. Please stay this way...

AlmostPositive
sixteen innings tonight...then rain

Cooterpoot
06-20-2018, 10:07 PM
Quan about to hit.

Pit Bull

That dude has seen beach balls all night long.

DownwardDawg

Me too. Don’t like OSU hitters.

DawgFromOxford
Steven Kwan is on deck. Looks like he's going to get to play

CadaverDawg
06-20-2018, 10:09 PM
Intentionally walking Kwan

msstate7
06-20-2018, 10:09 PM
Casey burned his best PH option in an obvious walk spot

CadaverDawg
06-20-2018, 10:11 PM
Man, if we had a catcher like that

confucius say
06-20-2018, 10:16 PM
I like the other crew of Mcdonald and Burke a lot. And I like Kyle Peterson on this crew, but Perez sucks. He doesn't call college games all year until the cws. And it shows.

Dawgcap
06-20-2018, 10:17 PM
So are we watching horrible coached basebal?

Cooterpoot
Fox should’ve made a change.

confucius say
Beavers been a lot better since it got wet

CadaverDawg
I like the other crew of Mcdonald and Burke a lot. And I like Kyle Peterson on this crew, but Perez sucks. He doesn't call college games all year until the cws. And it shows.

Totally agree

Really Clark?
If he really is innocent, yes. Would you plead guilty to a henious, life-ruining crime if you really didn't do it? If he's really innocent, he really got screwed over by his lawyer and his parents.

Also, we do know "exactly what was alleged" -- it's in the SI article. And he wasn't just accused of one incident, but many of the course of a couple years.

Actually it?s not unusual in these circumstances that someone innocent does plead guilty. That?s in the article as well. Because they don?t believe they can win in that circumstance with a victim so young. And he was accused of 2 counts and the one when she was 4 was dropped. I did skip the touching part as far as what he allegedly did. Didn?t he also release the therapist and polygraph reports that backed his story? I know it was his brother who also took his daughter to the Child Advocacy Center and he has custody of the daughter, not her mother. I don?t know if he is innocent or not but I think it?s evident that he was right, most people don?t or wouldn?t have believed him either way.

CadaverDawg
06-20-2018, 10:18 PM
Walked in a run. Damn. 7-6 Beavers

Cooterpoot
Shit

msstate7
Gotta answer, UNC

confucius say
Top of 8 bites unc again. Same as when we played them yesterday.

Pit Bull
06-20-2018, 10:19 PM
Misty rain seems to be bothering UNC, but not OSU.

msstate7
Beavers been a lot better since it got wet

They play in misting rain all the time

CadaverDawg
What is Fox thinking leaving this dude in

Cooterpoot
Fox just said 17 it I’m ready to go home.

msstate7
06-20-2018, 10:20 PM
What an idiotic bunt

Cooterpoot

You missed it

CadaverDawg
Bunt?? Wtf? I'd cut that guy if he did that on his own...and I'd fire the coach if he called it. How stupid

Dawghouse
I don't think UNC is going to pull this out but I sure hope so. They're pitching is a mess and obviously they don't have much left.

Todd4State
06-20-2018, 10:21 PM
What is Fox thinking leaving this dude in

They're probably being close to being out of pitching. They're going to have to walk this thing off to win probably.

Really Clark?
Don’t like the bunt there. Prove he can throw strikes first

KOdawg1

Isn't our game Friday at 2:00? If so, hopefully we get the OSU from game 1

Dawgology
06-20-2018, 10:22 PM
I don't think UNC is going to pull this out but I sure hope so. They're pitching is a mess and obviously they don't have much left.

Neither one of these teams look good. Lots of errors in this game.

Todd4State
Bunt?? Wtf? I'd cut that guy if he did that on his own...and I'd fire the coach if he called it. How stupid

Really. If anything I'd just tell him to stand there until he gets two strikes. He probably would have gotten walked.

confucius say
It's 64 and rainy with a 12 mph wind. Damn Omaha.

msstate7
You missed it

I see now haha

Todd4State
06-20-2018, 10:23 PM
Isn't our game Friday at 2:00? If so, hopefully we get the OSU from game 1

Yes.

Cooterpoot
06-20-2018, 10:23 PM
Looks like we’re going to have to banana whip the beavers.

msstate7
06-20-2018, 10:24 PM
Lol @ blue

CadaverDawg
06-20-2018, 10:25 PM
I'm glad the ump missed that, but boy did he miss that strike call

confucius say
06-20-2018, 10:27 PM
Umpire is a dick. Casey clearly said, I'm just asking where it was. And ump told him he wasn't talking to him. Ass. He's not arguing balls/strikes but a coach has every right to ask if a pitch was low or in.

confucius say
06-20-2018, 10:28 PM
Don't like the sac bunt there

Cooterpoot
06-20-2018, 10:29 PM
Really hope UNC comes from behind and takes the beavers.

CadaverDawg
06-20-2018, 10:30 PM
Well, it's going to be Oregon St gentlemen

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 10:34 PM
Looking like it's gonna be the Beavers but we should miss Heimlich and he's a lefty that would make Mangum and Rowdey switch sides and he's gotten fairly roughed up so he's due for a complete game shutout. With Kwan out and us skipping their best pitcher we are getting a 75% OSU. Still dangerous as they can hit but we've got the momentum and we are sitting pretty with 0 losses. Madrigal who just hit a double was a top 5 overall pick I believe. He's their most dangerous hitter.

maroonmania
06-20-2018, 10:35 PM
Well, it's going to be Oregon St gentlemen

Just like 2013, the Beavers will stand in our way of getting to the championship series (barring a UNC comeback).

KOdawg1
06-20-2018, 10:37 PM
It would be amazing if UNC could come back because they've used a ton of pitching tonight

Dawgcap
06-20-2018, 10:37 PM
Y’all like this decision by unc manager?

Dawgology
06-20-2018, 10:38 PM
Really hope UNC comes from behind and takes the beavers.

I see what you did there.

CadaverDawg
06-20-2018, 10:38 PM
Eduardo Perez has a voice fit for a punch in the mouth. He's so annoying

Cooterpoot
06-20-2018, 10:40 PM
Fox needs to retire

CadaverDawg
06-20-2018, 10:40 PM
OSU worries me

confucius say
06-20-2018, 10:41 PM

He's horrible. Also, he is geared totally towards mlb. Peterson and a Mcdonald much better for the college game.

bobtail bob
06-20-2018, 10:43 PM
Fox is basically saying if he can't go into Friday with a certain number of pitchers available he would just as soon to go home.
Dude is a quitter.

Cooterpoot
06-20-2018, 10:44 PM
Beavers are riding some balls tonight.

Todd4State
06-20-2018, 10:45 PM
OSU worries me

At least we won't have to face ChoMo.

shoeless joe
06-20-2018, 10:46 PM
OSU worries me

Yep. I don't see us beating them

CadaverDawg
06-20-2018, 10:46 PM
Msstate7, you still Glad we getting OSU?

mparkerfd20
06-20-2018, 10:48 PM
Hey UNC, you suck ass in late innings.

Todd4State
06-20-2018, 10:50 PM
Hey UNC, you suck ass in late innings.

Against us they sucked in all innings.

Dawg61
OSU bats are loud. Seriously they are louder than everyone else's bats. They packing some rigged bats over there?? Cheaters

msstate7
Msstate7, you still Glad we getting OSU?

Eh, I don't really have a preference. Just don't like throwing our Sunday starter vs very good offenses with small available (5 days rest). Rather use small Friday, and hopefully win and have him Wednesday for the clincher. I'm afraid we use JB, France, and self Friday, but still lose. Then we use small anyway on Saturday

Todd4State
OSU bats are loud. Seriously they are louder than everyone else's bats. They packing some rigged bats over there?? Cheaters

It's called four first round draft picks hitting 1-4 in their lineup.

DawgFromOxford
UNC fans must really hate 8th innings after this week

bostondawg
06-20-2018, 10:51 PM
Oregon State is very very good. We better get ready. They're gonna come out swinging.

SaintDawg
06-20-2018, 10:51 PM
Yep. I don't see us beating them

not one game, huh? can't beat'em once? I'm so tired of this.

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 10:52 PM

Yup sounds like he's talking with a double double cheeseburger in his mouth. He's pretty knowledgeable about baseball and he does have some cool stories from hanging with his dad Tony Perez but he's got a voice for a newspaper writer.

CadaverDawg
06-20-2018, 10:54 PM
Yup sounds like he's talking with a double double cheeseburger in his mouth. He's pretty knowledgeable about baseball and he does have some cool stories from hanging with his dad Tony Perez but he's got a voice for a newspaper writer.

Haha, I was bitching about him the other night and my wife walked through the living room and said, "you talking about the guy that sounds like he has a bubble in his throat?".....yep, that's Eddie

msstate7
06-20-2018, 10:55 PM
One thing I don't like about facing Oregon state is the weather turning into Corvallis all-the-sudden. Friday has a high of 77

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 10:55 PM
Eh, I don't really have a preference. Just don't like throwing our Sunday starter vs very good offenses with small available (5 days rest). Rather use small Friday, and hopefully win and have him Wednesday for the clincher. I'm afraid we use JB, France, and self Friday, but still lose. Then we use small anyway on Saturday

Dude this is a loser's mentality imo. We win Friday without pitching Small we set up Small and Pilk for games 1 & 2 for the NC on plenty or rest. We might just win our next 3 games in a row with that setup and be national champs doing so. Think positive bruh. POSITIVE THOUGHTS!!

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 10:58 PM
It's called four first round draft picks hitting 1-4 in their lineup.

Top 3 round draft picks can still use faux bats. Bats sound like LSU late 90's bats.

shoeless joe
06-20-2018, 10:59 PM
not one game, huh? can't beat'em once? I'm so tired of this.

I will gladly be wrong but these guys are really good...really really good. And all these leftys neutralize billingsleys best pitch. And after the vandy series they may neutralize self as well. We only have one dependable lefty outta the pen. Somethin that has hurt NC tonite is that they only had righties to trot out after their lefty shut em down. Our best shot will be Saturday with small on the mound. At least we won't hafta see their ace...so there is that

Bulldog1
06-20-2018, 11:00 PM
Dude this is a loser's mentality imo. We win Friday without pitching Small we set up Small and Pilk for games 1 & 2 for the NC on plenty or rest. We might just win our next 3 games in a row with that setup and be national champs doing so. Think positive bruh. POSITIVE THOUGHTS!!

This.
-------------
Who will probably pitch for OSU Friday?

Captain Falcon
06-20-2018, 11:02 PM
You know who else was really, really good? Ole Miss. Arkansas. Florida. Florida State. North Carolina.

We are 11-1 against Top 8 national seeds. Oregon State is a great team but we are more than capable of rising to the occasion again.

PCHSDawg
06-20-2018, 11:03 PM
I thought teams ranked #3 were our specialty.

shoeless joe
06-20-2018, 11:06 PM
You know who else was really, really good? Ole Miss. Arkansas. Florida. Florida State. North Carolina.

We are 11-1 against Top 8 national seeds. Oregon State is a great team but we are more than capable of rising to the occasion again.

This team is better than Umiss, the other two you mentioned are good comparisons but as I just laid out we don't match up well against them. Their strength is our weakness except for the two starters we've already thrown. Sorry my honest opinion of thieir team is ruffling feathers. I'll gladly consume crow.

SaintDawg
06-20-2018, 11:19 PM
I will gladly be wrong but these guys are really good...really really good. And all these leftys neutralize billingsleys best pitch. And after the vandy series they may neutralize self as well. We only have one dependable lefty outta the pen. Somethin that has hurt NC tonite is that they only had righties to trot out after their lefty shut em down. Our best shot will be Saturday with small on the mound. At least we won't hafta see their ace...so there is that

I'm not picking a fight, but it's obvious they're good. So are we. We wouldn't be here if we were not. Pitching left, right, up, down...whatever. I concur with your baseball acumen. My point is don't say we can't beat them, because we can.

Dawgcap
06-20-2018, 11:21 PM
Against us they sucked in all innings.

Not being a smart ass but we scored 4 unearned in the 2nd. Then 8 in the 8th. They were mighty good most of the game

shoeless joe
06-20-2018, 11:25 PM
I'm not picking a fight, but it's obvious they're good. So are we. We wouldn't be here if we were not. Pitching left, right, up, down...whatever. I concur with your baseball acumen. My point is don't say we can't beat them, because we can.

No doubt we can. That's what's so great about baseball. I just don't like the match up and I don't think we win. But unlike some folks that have previously graced this board...I want to be wrong.

Activated Alpha
06-20-2018, 11:38 PM
The only two teams that really made me nervous about playing against are OSU and Arkansas. They can mash against really good pitching. It's going to be a real dogfight for our giys, but I hope they rise to the occasion.

MarketingBully
06-21-2018, 12:00 AM
No doubt we can. That's what's so great about baseball. I just don't like the match up and I don't think we win. But unlike some folks that have previously graced this board...I want to be wrong.

I think we will be fine. Their pitching is extremely weakened at this point. I don’t think their CF will be at full speed and when he PH and was walked they pinch ran for him. Hammy injuries are lingering so I don’t think he will be at full speed or starting on Friday. In all three of their games they have gotten out to slow starts only to pour it on late. I do agree they’re talented but we have played five of the eight national seeds and are 11-1 so it only is fitting that we should play another national seed to get to the final series.

Pit Bull
06-21-2018, 02:17 AM
Wanna be the best?.......gotta beat the best. And OSU has been #1 all season long. We will get it done! Might take 2 games and a flair for the dramatic....but it will happen.

Dawgology
06-21-2018, 08:44 AM
Wanna be the best?.......gotta beat the best. And OSU has been #1 all season long. We will get it done! Might take 2 games and a flair for the dramatic....but it will happen.

This. MSU will never "sneak" into a National Tournament...we just aren't to that level yet. If we beat OSU in 1 I believe we go on to win the whole damn thing. If we lose well...we finish #3 in the Nation. With the start we had to this season we are playing with house money right now...and it's awesome.

Johnson85
06-21-2018, 10:38 AM
I think we will be fine. Their pitching is extremely weakened at this point. I don’t think their CF will be at full speed and when he PH and was walked they pinch ran for him. Hammy injuries are lingering so I don’t think he will be at full speed or starting on Friday. In all three of their games they have gotten out to slow starts only to pour it on late. I do agree they’re talented but we have played five of the eight national seeds and are 11-1 so it only is fitting that we should play another national seed to get to the final series.

The good thing is we will likely go against their #2 with Billingsly/France/Neff/etc, and if we lose, we will get to go #1 against their #3. If we can't get it done in either of those games, just have to tip your hat to OSU.