PDA

View Full Version : A last response- re: LetterGate

Coach34
10-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Once again- very well done by the culprit. Grade A work.

But that's also why we made sure to give credit that it was sent to us by an anonymous poster. We made that very clear. In fact- this was the very first line of the post- "This was emailed to Elitedawgs via an anonymous email address that is not linked to any of our users and the authenticity of this letter cannot be guaranteed." We certainly should have spent more time checking it out- and that falls on me as I am the face of Elitedawgs so to speak.

One thing this experience has taught me is that not only is Elitedawgs a target by some- but that I'm viewed as everything Elitedawgs by OM fans and even some of our fans. I'm a big boy (rimshot) and I can handle all this BS being thrown my way. I will be much more proactive in assessing what gets put out there with the Elitedawg name to it from now on. I had a friend say to me-"surely you thought that was fishy from the start?" and I told him of course I did. But I also told him of how I get info from random posters all the time, and more times than not, it turns out to be good info. People have info but dont want their name or screen name to be associated with it, and over the years have started bringing it to me. I've been very appreciative to those people.

We are getting a million views/month now, so there are lots of people that want to read what's going on here. We have some really good everyday posters, and also some part-timers that jump in when they feel necessary. We are in the process of adding sponsors and other additions to this board to make it the quality place to go for State fans. Six months in- we at Elite are extremely happy with the progress we have made. But we arent surprised by it- we knew people wanted a State board free of BS from our rival posters. And that is why we will remain successful.

Goat Holder
10-11-2013, 09:52 AM
ED vs. SPS represents a divide in the MSU fanbase, and it's coming full circle. In very GENERAL terms, the ED-type faction has decided they want to go "All-In", do what is necessary to win in football at MSU. The SPS crowd has accepted our lot in life, and some of them are just trying to make the best of it (and make a little money off it - Bulldog Sports Radio, for example).

Compare this to Braveheart.....who has the nobles (cigar boys and AD) on their side? I'd go with the SPS types at this point. It's the age-old question, do we say f*ck the SEC and make friends in the SEC? One way is a risk, the other isn't. With the money coming in, we could be profitable forever. But there again, our program suffers and we lose fans/enrollment.

We've got to find the middle ground and unite, no matter how much some of you hate that. Honestly, the ED crowd needs to STFU about Bracky and the AD and just do our part, which is give money to the BC, go to games, and promote all things MSU. That last part is key, and that's what ED is good at. The SPS crowd, including the AD and cigar boys, needs to step the f*ck back and stop tearing down MSU for their own egos and personal gain.

How do you bridge the gap? I don't know how you do it, I don't know if you can do it. People are too passionate either way to compromise. But if we don't, we'll continue to suck in football. The pendulum back and forth deal isn't working.

Coach34
10-11-2013, 09:57 AM
gonna have to disagree Goat- there is nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing Cigar Boy related to Sixpack. Sixpack is about as common man as it gets.

SnakePlissken
10-11-2013, 09:58 AM
The SPS crowd has accepted our lot in life, and some of them are just trying to make the best of it (and make a little money off it - Bulldog Sports Radio, for example). This is what I find so funny and ironic about Brian (heydog/the general) now cuddling up with the admin after so many years of absolutely dogging them and doing it in such a really bad way that he created his own website (SPS) to do the degrading and ridiculing. Honestly, I'm surprised the the athletic department has welcomed him and allowed him the access but kudos to him. They've turned SPS into a money maker with their offshoot projects

C222
10-11-2013, 10:00 AM
ED vs. SPS represents a divide in the MSU fanbase, and it's coming full circle. In very GENERAL terms, the ED-type faction has decided they want to go "All-In", do what is necessary to win in football at MSU. The SPS crowd has accepted our lot in life, and some of them are just trying to make the best of it (and make a little money off it - Bulldog Sports Radio, for example).

Compare this to Braveheart.....who has the nobles (cigar boys and AD) on their side? I'd go with the SPS types at this point. It's the age-old question, do we say f*ck the SEC and make friends in the SEC? One way is a risk, the other isn't. With the money coming in, we could be profitable forever. But there again, our program suffers and we lose fans/enrollment.

We've got to find the middle ground and unite, no matter how much some of you hate that. Honestly, the ED crowd needs to STFU about Bracky and the AD and just do our part, which is give money to the BC, go to games, and promote all things MSU. That last part is key, and that's what ED is good at. The SPS crowd, including the AD and cigar boys, needs to step the f*ck back and stop tearing down MSU for their own egos and personal gain.

How do you bridge the gap? I don't know how you do it, I don't know if you can do it. People are too passionate either way to compromise. But if we don't, we'll continue to suck in football. The pendulum back and forth deal isn't working.

I don't think 2 message boards represent anything except for about 5% of our fanbase.

War Machine Dawg
10-11-2013, 10:08 AM

You were almost onto something, then you went full retard. All we're asking is that MSU stop being its own worst enemy and acknowledge the modern compliance environment. Every other school in the SEC either has a lawyer or former NCAA Compliance official in charge of their compliance department. But at Dear Ol' State? A ****ing former high school PE teacher who goes out of his way to actively hunt down potential violations. Is it really that unreasonable to ask that we stop tying our own hands and doing the NCAA's job for it?

Goat Holder
10-11-2013, 10:14 AM
I didn't say they were fully connected, but they do seem to be more on the same page with the AD. Bulldog Sports Radio is a good example.

Goat Holder
10-11-2013, 10:15 AM
I don't think 2 message boards represent anything except for about 5% of our fanbase.

This is a cop-out, 100%. Yes, message boards don't represent much of the fanbase literally, but I bet you could project their opinions and sentiments across the whole thing. I'd bet the ratio of smart people and idiots is about the same.

Goat Holder
10-11-2013, 10:20 AM
You were almost onto something, then you went full retard.

That's bullshit, man. Yeah, I was onto something until I called out something you agree with. Just disagree with it if you want, but there is NOTHING retarded or stupid about what I'm conveying. It's the damn truth.

All we're asking is that MSU stop being its own worst enemy and acknowledge the modern compliance environment. Every other school in the SEC either has a lawyer or former NCAA Compliance official in charge of their compliance department. But at Dear Ol' State? A ****ing former high school PE teacher who goes out of his way to actively hunt down potential violations. Is it really that unreasonable to ask that we stop tying our own hands and doing the NCAA's job for it?

Maybe we should let the people in charge (who know more than we do) do their jobs. There are people that know way more about what's going on behind the scenes than a few posters here and there, remember that. I know enough to know that there aren't many real insiders on these message boards. So all I'm saying, ALL I'm saying is, just don't consider any general opinion as gospel. We're all going to have to meet in the middle, which is where the truth is anyway. Lots of hurt egos and such will have to be healed up before we get there.

But damnit, people need to get the sand out of their ******s.

Coach34
10-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Bulldog Sports Radio is a good example.

BSR is not run by the University- it's privately owned

level set
10-11-2013, 10:33 AM

That is what SPS all about, making money. There is a fund raiser going on there right now. That means the ad revenue isn't enough to pay the bills? They even joke about dawgstudent and his big screen TV they are paying for. I've been lurking here for a few months, I haven't seen a donation thread, ads blaring on the screen, anyone begging click the ads, nothing. So far I've seen this site give away a couple grand worth of tickets and not ask for a thing.

Maroonthirteen
10-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Striklin is a good man. If I were the AD, I would tell them to go "17" themselves.

ckDOG
10-11-2013, 10:40 AM

Holy hell you think too much. Both forums have MSU centered discussion with some tangents and unrelated topics. One allows trolling amongst OM/MSU posters, one doesn't. Leave it at that.

Goat Holder
10-11-2013, 10:41 AM
But surely you see the connection there.

Look, I'm not trying to hate on you, Elitedawgs or anyone. I like this site. I'm just calling it like I see it. Both sides do some things right, and both sides do some things wrong. And besides, it's not an ED vs. SPS thing anyway. It's the general opinions of the main posters on both sites. If we can ever figure out how to blend the 'right' things of both groups, we may get somewhere.

MarketingBully01
10-11-2013, 10:46 AM
I thought one of the reasons ED was formed so you could have an opinion and not have 6 Rebel bears refute what you are saying on a Bulldog site. That is the big thing I like about this board. No Rebels/Bears/whatever they want to be called. Heck, even on 247 Rebels will come on there and cause a raucous. This really is about the only MSU board that has the feature of no rebels.

Also, please tell me that the NCAA letter hoax wasn't done by MSU fans. If so, our fans are a lot worse then I thought...that leaves me no hope.

elitedawgs
10-11-2013, 10:53 AM
I thought one of the reasons ED was formed so you could have an opinion and not have 6 Rebel bears refute what you are saying on a Bulldog site. That is the big thing I like about this board. No Rebels/Bears/whatever they want to be called. Heck, even on 247 Rebels will come on there and cause a raucous. This really is about the only MSU board that has the feature of no rebels.

Also, please tell me that the NCAA letter hoax wasn't done by MSU fans. If so, our fans are a lot worse then I thought...that leaves me no hope.

sixpackspeak sure was eager to tweet, post and sticky this hoax thing. May not have had a direct hand in it, but definitely complicit with it.

C222

It wasn't.

Behrdawg

We are led to believe that it may have been UM fans and certain MSU fans working together.

Coach34
10-11-2013, 11:14 AM
But surely you see the connection there.

No, I dont see the connection there. The same guy that own Bulldog Sports Radio also owns Rebel Sports Radio. It's in no way affiliated with our University.

Your perception and the truth are far apart

M.Fillmore
10-11-2013, 11:19 AM
We are led to believe that it may have been UM fans and certain MSU fans working together.

When you have an MSU messageboard that has a delusional and illogical rebel as a moderator, should anyone be surprised?

maroonmania
10-11-2013, 12:36 PM

You certainly hit on my reason for preferring ED over SPS. What you said in your post plus there are WAY too many smartass posters over there (both MSU and OM types).

sandwolf
10-11-2013, 01:25 PM
This is a cop-out, 100%. Yes, message boards don't represent much of the fanbase literally, but I bet you could project their opinions and sentiments across the whole thing. I'd bet the ratio of smart people and idiots is about the same.

I agree with this. I feel pretty confident that, if looked at correctly, the opinions expressed on the message boards would strongly correlate to the opinions of the fan base as a whole.

codeDawg
10-11-2013, 02:24 PM
It was a good fake worthy of a post and discussion. I didn't think anybody, especially you Coach, posted anything that was sensational. It was just a conversation.

Anybody that is taking shots at Coach34 over this is biased against him anyway and revising the story to fit their own motives. I don't think there was any credibility gained or lost. It was just an interesting day.

HardyStreetAlumniClub
10-11-2013, 02:56 PM

I agree. Although we know and keep up with MSU message boards, I still run across very good MSU fans who have never heard od SPS or ED. I run across more that have not even heard of either of them. I try to ask myself what bubble they live in, but realize they are very dedicated state fans as well. Just not message board folks.

Relf2.0
10-11-2013, 08:08 PM
bear fans have gone too damn far! it's ok Coach34 you didn't lose credibility with me. I knew their was something to the Stever Robertson rumors about chris jones. it's coming boys, it's coming. I'd take not going to a bowl this year if it meant ole piss getting the hammer from ncaa

CadaverDawg
10-11-2013, 08:09 PM
bear fans have gone too damn far! it's ok Coach34 you didn't lose credibility with me. I knew their was something to the Stever Robertson rumors about chris jones. it's coming boys, it's coming. I'd take not going to a bowl this year if it meant ole piss getting the hammer from ncaa ********

FTFY