PDA

View Full Version : Went to a Tar Heel message board..

Jack Lambert
06-20-2018, 03:57 PM
Some of them seem to think they beat them selves and who ever wins tonight will beat MSU twice. I am past this being lucky crap. Our guys are good, they are calm and those four Freshman are not Freshman any more. I wonder if those NC posters know we swept both Arkansas, Florida, and took three of four from ole miss?

smootness
06-20-2018, 04:00 PM
Honestly, who cares. That’s the good thing about a tournament like this. If we’re good enough, we will beat them.

LC Dawg
06-20-2018, 04:10 PM
I hope UNC wins tonight because I think we'll prove those message board posters wrong in a big way.

BiscuitEater
06-20-2018, 04:13 PM
I hope UNC wins tonight ..

What is the chance they even get to play tonight? Anybody with an updated schedule if they do/don't play tonight?

06-20-2018, 04:17 PM
Some of them seem to think they beat them selves and who ever wins tonight will beat MSU twice. I am past this being lucky crap. Our guys are good, they are calm and those four Freshman are not Freshman any more. I wonder if those NC posters know we swept both Arkansas, Florida, and took three of four from ole miss?

I still don't know why people think we aren't talented. The guys that are juniors were very highly recruited (Pilkington, Small, Mangum, Stovall, Alexander) and the class was highly rated, and McNamee has stepped in and become the power guys we didn't have before. We have some senior bullpen guys that have stepped up. The freshmen were highly rated also

Not to mention we've essentially fought off the injury bug and gotten most everybody healthy again, reminds me a lot of Virginia in 2015

MetEdDawg
06-20-2018, 04:33 PM
Highly ranked programs and big tradition programs hate teams like ours. Scrappy, doesn't always look pretty, no super high draft picks. Hard work and grit are what we have and that pisses people off.

Ole Miss especially can't stand it. Love me some Rebel hate

LC Dawg
06-20-2018, 04:38 PM
What is the chance they even get to play tonight? Anybody with an updated schedule if they do/don't play tonight?

I think the chance of rain tonight is pretty low and Ark-TT are currently in the 6th so I think the game will be played tonight.

BuckyIsAB****
06-20-2018, 04:53 PM
Yawn. What do you expect them to say? That we were the better team and won fair and square? I bet some of us would be saying the same shit had we lost

BrunswickDawg
06-20-2018, 05:03 PM
I still don't know why people think we aren't talented. The guys that are juniors were very highly recruited (Pilkington, Small, Mangum, Stovall, Alexander) and the class was highly rated, and McNamee has stepped in and become the power guys we didn't have before. We have some senior bullpen guys that have stepped up. The freshmen were highly rated also

Not to mention we've essentially fought off the injury bug and gotten most everybody healthy again, reminds me a lot of Virginia in 2015

Half the posters on here argued until mid-April that we had no talent, or not enough SEC caliber talent. Why should we expect anyone else to think differently?

Leroy Jenkins
06-20-2018, 05:33 PM
Highly ranked programs and big tradition programs hate teams like ours. Scrappy, doesn't always look pretty, no super high draft picks. Hard work and grit are what we have and that pisses people off.

I thought we were a big tradition program....

RocketDawg
06-20-2018, 05:54 PM

That was my thought when I read the post too.

MetEdDawg
06-20-2018, 07:40 PM

We are. But I would say we are a unique big tradition program. Not the glitz and glam that is sometimes associated with programs like UNC and others.

I would characterize us as rougher around the edges than a lot of the elite programs

ETA: I think what Pilk said in his postgame interview sums up the difference very well. How many elite schools would have their big time pitcher tell a reporter "well we are just a bunch of rednecks sitting on the bench talking baseball". I like that about us. And I have to think it pisses the other elites off.

Ari Gold
06-20-2018, 07:55 PM
At least they still have MJ and some sweet colors..

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2018, 08:32 PM

Uh, we are a highly ranked, big tradition program.

This isn't one of our most talented teams but Cal State Fullerton and LSU have won a number of these with trashy talent. Don't even get me started on Fresno State and Coastal Carolina.

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2018, 08:37 PM
We are. But I would say we are a unique big tradition program. Not the glitz and glam that is sometimes associated with programs like UNC and others.

I would characterize us as rougher around the edges than a lot of the elite programs

Man, perhaps if we would've had the largest baseball stadium and video board in college baseball for the past 30 years only to rip it down and build a $60 million new stadium with condominiums in it place, perhaps we could be a glitz and glamor program.

I get what your saying, but I think you're choosing to see our program how you'd like to see it in comparison to other sports, than just realizing what it is

06-20-2018, 09:34 PM

ETA: I think what Pilk said in his postgame interview sums up the difference very well. How many elite schools would have their big time pitcher tell a reporter "well we are just a bunch of rednecks sitting on the bench talking baseball". I like that about us. And I have to think it pisses the other elites off.

No offense man, but I don?t think you quite understand MSU baseball. We are very similar to UNC as far as glitz, glamour and program credentials. We have a huge fan base. We have everything a blue blood needs except the hardware, but baseball is funny like that. For most of our history, we?ve had highly rated recruits and all that jazz

I think you are confusing this team with our program. Our current team is grittier/scrappiest/whatever buzzword yes, but we still have the blueblood credentials. And personally, I, like you, hope we stay that way. I want to adopt a Southern Miss/Lafayette/TN Tech/Coastal type mindset with better talent. Dirtbags that can play

I do think one way MSU baseball has gone wrong over the years is going more ‘pretty boy’ rather than dirtbag

MetEdDawg
06-20-2018, 10:21 PM
Man, perhaps if we would've had the largest baseball stadium and video board in college baseball for the past 30 years only to rip it down and build a $60 million new stadium with condominiums in it place, perhaps we could be a glitz and glamor program.

I get what your saying, but I think you're choosing to see our program how you'd like to see it in comparison to other sports, than just realizing what it is

Well we had old beat up trucks pulling make shift bleachers up to the outfield wall at our stadium as of last year. I wouldn't exactly call that glitz and glam. We may be building new and bigger toys, but I still think I see us as a different type of elite program.

It's not a slight. But I see schools like UNC as more elite and entitled. Has nothing to do with program credentials or saying we are any less of a program. But if you go look at our fan base and the kids we recruit, they are certainly a little different breed than the other elite programs. Maybe I'm wrong here and I'm open to that. But I see us as extremely unique in the world of blue bloods. Like I said, our own players describe themselves as a bunch of rednecks just playing ball. You can have the big screens, the new stadium, and still be that down home team that just works their ass off. That's what I see us as.

But maybe that's not unique. Maybe the other teams in he country that are elite act the same way.

was21
06-21-2018, 08:09 AM
Your comments could probably apply to all our sports programs

Bully13
06-21-2018, 08:17 AM
UNC has some unique hate for MSU. I noticed it during the Monte Ellis recruitment. When we landed him, they went ape shit. I can't imagine being a fan of such a storied basketball program and flipping out losing a MS recruit to a basketball program like MSU. I would be like "oh well, on to the next 5 star" instead of bashing a lesser program. They don't seem to be very smart if you ask me. And they are showing their ignorance again it appears.