PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas looking pretty good

06-20-2018, 03:54 PM
They are going to be hard to beat if they don't lose before the finals, when they can roll out Blaine Knight and this Kasey Murphy dude

Really hope they use Blaine Knight on Friday

Jack Lambert
06-20-2018, 03:58 PM
We swept them. We are better now then we were then.

KOdawg1
06-20-2018, 04:00 PM

I agree, but so are they

06-20-2018, 04:18 PM

Ask Vandy how that worked out

Go back and look at how we swept them, we needed late game heroics

I hope it continues but what happened in April means nothing

bostondawg
06-20-2018, 04:37 PM
Arkansas is the best team in Omaha right now.

CadaverDawg
06-20-2018, 04:40 PM

I agree. I picked them to win it all in that D1 bracket challenge before Regionals started, and I currently hope someone knocks them off, because them and Florida are the only 2 teams on that side I'm not confident we can beat 2 out of 3. Beating teams like that 5 of 6 games in one year, is a tough tough ask.

RocketDawg
06-20-2018, 04:56 PM
Maybe we should be going after their coach instead of Tadlock and Schlossnagle .... **

BuckyIsAB****
06-20-2018, 04:59 PM
I've never seen 5049 say anything positive about MSU haha

Cooterpoot
06-20-2018, 05:58 PM
AR played 2 of the 3 worst teams in Omaha.

Leroy Jenkins
06-20-2018, 06:13 PM
Maybe we should be going after their coach instead of Tadlock and Schlossnagle .... **

That lil' fella that coaches their pitchers looks familiar.

MarketingBully
06-20-2018, 06:47 PM
I think Florida beats them and it’s a Florida/MSU final. The positive though is things could line up where both Singer and Knight would be knocked out of the CWS Finals series. Florida is the far better team then Arkansas.

Pit Bull
06-20-2018, 06:56 PM
LOL.....listen to this. Was talking to an Arkansas acquaintance in the Memphis area and he told me that someone asked Wes Johnson what it would be like if they played MSU in the finals. Wes replied....(paraphrased) that they would go their normal rotation and if they could win the NC over us, it would be like blowing his top! I asked the guy what he meant and he laughed saying it was a nice way of saying it would be better than blowing his wad. Now, I do not vouch for this comment or if Wes would say something like that, but it struck me as some distaste against us since we swept them in the regular season. Could be just this piggy fan expressing his feelings using Wes.....I don't know. Regardless, if we can get through OSU and Arkie can get past the Gators, it should be a real battle of the SEC West's best 2 teams right?!!!.....oops, I'm sorry, Ole Miss is supposed to be the best team in the SEC West!......NOT!!! O_M_A_H_A !!!

WPS
06-20-2018, 07:15 PM
I think Florida beats them and it?s a Florida/MSU final. The positive though is things could line up where both Singer and Knight would be knocked out of the CWS Finals series. Florida is the far better team then Arkansas.

I wouldn?t say far better, they split the season series 2-2.

Florida is probably the most talented team in Omaha but Arkansas had 11 players drafted too

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2018, 07:36 PM
That lil' fella that coaches their pitchers looks familiar.

Yup and he's the best pitching coach in America. He's about to have a hand in developing many of the pitchers on both sides of the national championship series

Homedawg
06-20-2018, 08:37 PM
I think Florida beats them and it’s a Florida/MSU final. The positive though is things could line up where both Singer and Knight would be knocked out of the CWS Finals series. Florida is the far better team then Arkansas.

Fla might beat them. They have the best pitching in the cws. However, Arkansas has the best hitting, IMO, and is the most well rounded team. Good news for us is, in this case, they don’t hand out trophies for either of the previously stated things.

MarketingBully
06-20-2018, 10:00 PM
I wouldn?t say far better, they split the season series 2-2.

Florida is probably the most talented team in Omaha but Arkansas had 11 players drafted too

Ahh forgot we had a piggie on here...

Jack Lambert
06-21-2018, 03:53 PM

I say we have improved more.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-21-2018, 04:13 PM
Ahh forgot we had a piggie on here...

yes for some damn reason.....