PDA

View Full Version : A theory on Schloss....

Cowbell
06-20-2018, 11:12 AM
I have little inside information, but I can tell you this - I now live in TX, and as of the Big 12 tournament, other conference head coaches told some of my close friends that they thought he was gone. (They also said no way Tadlock was leaving). This leads to my main point. I think that the hanging point between he and Cohen is centered around his assistants. I think Cohen was trying to protect either Henderson or Gotreau and Schloss had his own plans. Now that Schloss sees where we are, he has had a change of heart concerning that coach.

Just a theory for discussion. And yes, I realize that we are about to play for a Natty. But since we are in the drivers seat, we have two days to kill.

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 11:16 AM
Pretty good theory

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2018, 11:20 AM
Coach G played for Schloss at Tulane. I can't imagine he would try to get rid of him

06-20-2018, 11:23 AM
The hanging point was that the team went on a run, and it delayed the coaching search/hire, had we not done that, Schloss would be our coach right now with Gautreau, TCU administration obviously put a lot of heat on him, thus the 'pulling out' of our search, which means nothing

The problem is, we kept winning

It's no secret he wants out of TCU, if we don't hire him, Flarrda State is going to after next season

jumbo
06-20-2018, 11:34 AM
The 247 crew has some secret off the field inside info about Schloss that they all agree keeps him from being a candidate, but none of them will share what it is.

phatdog
06-20-2018, 11:43 AM
The 247 crew has some secret off the field inside info about Schloss that they all agree keeps him from being a candidate, but none of them will share what it is.
a frisky johnson

msbulldog
06-20-2018, 12:22 PM
a frisky johnson

I saw that rumor also.

MSU338
06-20-2018, 01:24 PM
Does anyone find it weird that Schloss didn't receive a raise or a contract extension for the next 50 years??? Seems everyone else mentioned with the MSU coaching search cashed $$$$ in on the opportunity besides Schloss??????

Memphisbulldog
06-20-2018, 01:25 PM
a frisky johnson

Nope. It has something to do with legal issues of his wife. If that can't be cleared up, Keenum does not want another baseball coach with "issues".

Anonymous
06-20-2018, 02:33 PM
Nope. It has something to do with legal issues of his wife. If that can't be cleared up, Keenum does not want another baseball coach with "issues".

Keenum needs to worry about getting our academics back in the top 500 and let John do his job.

ScoobaDawg
06-20-2018, 02:37 PM

Wrong.. Paul and Steve said they heard the same rumors Schloss is putting his name in play. Only the lovely Gene said there were issues with his candidacy... I'll pass on believing anything he say's ever..

BeardoMSU
06-20-2018, 02:41 PM
Keenum needs to worry about getting our academics back in the top 500 and let John do his job.

This^^^

Todd4State
06-20-2018, 02:50 PM
Wrong.. Paul and Steve said they heard the same rumors Schloss is putting his name in play. Only the lovely Gene said there were issues with his candidacy... I'll pass on believing anything he say's ever..

Gene has been pretty behind in this search.

ScoobaDawg
06-20-2018, 02:52 PM
Gene has been pretty behind in this search.

He's always behind. It makes me sick to see his name as the 24/7 site now.

Cowbell
06-20-2018, 02:54 PM
Does anyone find it weird that Schloss didn't receive a raise or a contract extension for the next 50 years??? Seems everyone else mentioned with the MSU coaching search cashed $$$$ in on the opportunity besides Schloss??????

This. I too find it very odd that he has not signed an extension or even come out and publicly announced that he is happy to be staying in FW. There is a big puzzle piece missing that none of us know yet.

Bothrops
06-20-2018, 03:01 PM
There's no way in hell MSU academics aren't in the top 300, let alone 500. That same info source had OM like 300 something, while us 500 something. Complete joke. Do we need to improve academics??...always, but MSU isn't behind 4 year schools in places like Idaho and Montana, like the WSJ had listed.

KOdawg1
06-20-2018, 03:04 PM
Gene is about as accurate as Yancy

RocketDawg
06-20-2018, 03:23 PM

If Keenum has allowed that to happen we need to be searching for a new president as our first priority instead of worrying about a baseball coach.

BeardoMSU
06-20-2018, 03:25 PM
There's no way in hell MSU academics aren't in the top 300, let alone 500. That same info source had OM like 300 something, while us 500 something. Complete joke. Do we need to improve academics??...always, but MSU isn't behind 4 year schools in places like Idaho and Montana, like the WSJ had listed.

We did lose our R1 status...

06-20-2018, 03:31 PM
Gene is about as accurate as Yancy

I was about to say, some people say Rosebowl is our Yancy, and he's not, Gene most definitely is, he's the sheepherder

DawgFromOxford
06-20-2018, 03:33 PM

You can say what you want about Keenum and academics, but at the end of the day Keenum is the president of the university and has to answer for everything, including athletics. If a coach causes public embarrassment to the university AGAIN, Keenum has to answer for that and explain why these things keep happening at MSU or explain why he hired an AD who keeps finding himself stuck in these situations. Not to mention dealing with the PR issues that come about. Yes it is more John's call and responsibility than Keenum's, but if Keenum were to have no input on such a big hire then I would say he is doing a poor job as president.

jumbo
06-20-2018, 03:34 PM

Robbie confirmed he heard the same things. My real point though is that non of them would even hint at anything about it.
Instead they basically tell the people that pay their salaries “we know something you don’t know”

Jack Lambert
06-20-2018, 03:34 PM

That stuff is so fluid it changed from year to year. I don't worry about that too much.

thf24
06-20-2018, 03:41 PM
That stuff is so fluid it changed from year to year. I don't worry about that too much.

The US News stuff is fluff to a decent degree, but losing the Research I classification is a little troubling.

KOdawg1
06-20-2018, 03:44 PM
Thread has been hijacked..

BuckyIsAB****
06-20-2018, 04:56 PM
Would you rather get our R1 status back or have a grand slam baseball hire

BuckyIsAB****
06-20-2018, 04:57 PM
R1 status or beating the shit out of OM and going to playoff this year in football?

Todd4State
06-20-2018, 05:23 PM
You can say what you want about Keenum and academics, but at the end of the day Keenum is the president of the university and has to answer for everything, including athletics. If a coach causes public embarrassment to the university AGAIN, Keenum has to answer for that and explain why these things keep happening at MSU or explain why he hired an AD who keeps finding himself stuck in these situations. Not to mention dealing with the PR issues that come about. Yes it is more John's call and responsibility than Keenum's, but if Keenum were to have no input on such a big hire then I would say he is doing a poor job as president.

And then he tells Cohen it's on his ass if Schloss gets in trouble.

Just like he told Stricklin he was gone if Dan went through the motions after Stricklin talked him into keeping Dan after the 2015 Egg Bowl. There was a reason why Stricklin was working back channels before the 2016 season and why he left after Dan lost to South Alabama.

That said, if I am Keenum I'm trusting Cohen on any baseball hire.

Todd4State
06-20-2018, 05:31 PM
Robbie confirmed he heard the same things. My real point though is that non of them would even hint at anything about it.
Instead they basically tell the people that pay their salaries “we know something you don’t know”

It's an uncomfirmed rumor that they can point to if we don't hire Schloss. They have to cover their ass in front of the people paying their salaries too.

No one really knows what is going to happen other than Cohen.

As far as rumors- everyone has problems in their lives. Even Jesus had problems going on his life- Pharisees were after him, he was run out of his hometown, betrayed one of his followers and then the rest of his closest followers ran off into hiding while he was on trial, and etc. It's just how we deal with those- and we're not going to find anyone that is completely and totally without any issues.

The thing about Cann people need to remember is it wasn't JUST the affair that got him fired. He literally wasn't coaching the team and he was grandstanding on social media. He literally tried to bring in a pitcher during the USM series when we had no one even warming up in the bullpen. That's a player safety issue.

IMissJack
06-20-2018, 05:33 PM

Rep given!

IMissJack
06-20-2018, 05:36 PM
, but if Keenum were to have no input on such a big hire then I would say he is doing a poor job as president.

But don't you have to say the same thing about the academic situation?

DawgFromOxford
06-20-2018, 05:51 PM
But don't you have to say the same thing about the academic situation?

Absolutely. If academics continue to fall, or he fails to raise the bar then I think you could say he is doing a poor job as president.

DawgFromOxford
06-20-2018, 05:54 PM
And then he tells Cohen it's on his ass if Schloss gets in trouble.... That said, if I am Keenum I'm trusting Cohen on any baseball hire.

True, but any respectable president isn't going to throw his AD under the bus. Agree with the last part as well.

Todd4State
06-20-2018, 06:08 PM
True, but any respectable president isn't going to throw his AD under the bus. Agree with the last part as well.

He won't call out Cohen publicly.

I like Cohen a lot but it's his job to get us a good baseball coach. The first one he hired caused us a lot of embarrassment. I like Cohen's football hire and I think he has done a good job so far. But these are things that he has to get right as an AD.

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 06:13 PM
We did lose our R1 status...

Didn't someone already come on here and rip this to shreds the last time someone hijacked one of these threads with this same topic? Losing R1 status has a lot of variables to it that don't necessarily point to falling academics is what I seem to remember being the jist of it. Anyone care to link that? I don't.

IMissJack
06-20-2018, 06:22 PM
Didn't someone already come on here and rip this to shreds the last time someone hijacked one of these threads with this same topic? Losing R1 status has a lot of variables to it that don't necessarily point to falling academics is what I seem to remember being the jist of it. Anyone care to link that? I don't.

I think a lot of it has to do with the State of MS not funding properly, professor pay, etc. It is still a perception problem right now.

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-20-2018, 06:31 PM

This. I too find it very odd that he has not signed an extension or even come out and publicly announced that he is happy to be staying in FW. There is a big puzzle piece missing that none of us know yet.

Add the fact that Saarloos turned down the head coaching job at Rice to stay at TCU as an assistant.....the guy they all said they wanted if Schloss left for MSU.

Todd4State
06-20-2018, 06:40 PM
Add the fact that Saarloos turned down the head coaching job at Rice to stay at TCU as an assistant.....the guy they all said they wanted if Schloss left for MSU.

That was a curious happening for sure.

SandlotDawg
06-20-2018, 09:53 PM
I just feel that the odds of Sarloos staying at TCU as pitching coach and spurning a well paying job at a great baseball school for the second year in a row are astronomically low. I mean what would be the motivation in staying just to be a pitching coach? Just about every school with an opening would like the guy and he is just going to hang around because he is loyal? I do not buy that. It just does not add up.

Cooterpoot
06-20-2018, 10:01 PM
Rice is no longer a big time program. CUSA killed it. And Schloss ain’t happening. You guys flying in here with your black copters are going to crash and burn.

Jarius
06-20-2018, 10:03 PM
The people at 247 saying we are turning down a top 5 baseball coach is yancyesque. It’s not just Gene. Every mod on that board totes water at a nauseating level.

SandlotDawg
06-20-2018, 10:13 PM
Rice is no longer a big time program. CUSA killed it. And Schloss ain?t happening. You guys flying in here with your black copters are going to crash and burn.

I would not say they aren?t a big time program any more... sure they have not been to the CWS since 08 but I sorta attribute that to graham being a billion years old. I expect them to be back soon.

Todd4State
06-20-2018, 10:48 PM
I would not say they aren?t a big time program any more... sure they have not been to the CWS since 08 but I sorta attribute that to graham being a billion years old. I expect them to be back soon.

It's going to take them a couple of years to rebuild. Middle Tennessee State made a good hire picking up Jim Toman. Both should make C-USA better unless Toman is past his prime.

LilSebastian
06-20-2018, 10:57 PM
I think a lot of it has to do with the State of MS not funding properly, professor pay, etc. It is still a perception problem right now.

Even if it is the Legislature, it?s Kennum?s job to fix it as best as he can. It?s also the job of our alumnae to vote for people who appropriately value education.

dickiedawg
06-20-2018, 11:07 PM
All the 247 guys, other than Gene, have said they heard Schloss was once again interested, but are quick to say the interest is not necessarily reciprocal.

Gene is steadfast that whatever it is is too big to overcome and Schloss is not a candidate.

Also, I don?t know what Gene has been wrong about in this search.

Todd4State
06-20-2018, 11:13 PM
All the 247 guys, other than Gene, have said they heard Schloss was once again interested, but are quick to say the interest is not necessarily reciprocal.

Gene is steadfast that whatever it is is too big to overcome and Schloss is not a candidate.

Also, I don?t know what Gene has been wrong about in this search.

Not necessarily wrong- but behind.

RezDog7
06-20-2018, 11:16 PM
Rice is no longer a big time program. CUSA killed it. And Schloss ain?t happening. You guys flying in here with your black copters are going to crash and burn.

I don?t want to believe you. Bring on the Schloss.

msbulldog
06-21-2018, 06:41 AM

I believe it was Maroon Belle.

Bully13
06-21-2018, 08:37 AM
I don't have any inside info as to what IS going to happen and I am far from an insider regarding MSU athletics but now being a 13 year resident of Fort Worth I did stumble upon some info that I AM convinced is solid as the day is long. I spoke with a TCU fan who is also a long time friend of Cann's. He's even spoke to him since he was dismissed by Cohen. I want divulge everything out of respect for him and Cann but he did say that Cann would have made a great coach and deep down is a good guy but let his personal issues get the best of him and hopefully he gets that important aspect of his life under control. He even knew about Cann sexting during work and how his affair obsession negatively impacted his job. The conversation took place prior to Schloss "taking his name out of the hat". This guy is also involved with TCU's athletic department and had a brief conversation with Schloss. I am convinced without a shadow of doubt that the Cohen / Schloss was all but a done deal. What the hell happened? I have no idea.

Political Hack
06-21-2018, 08:58 AM
That stupid Schloss rumor has been out there for a long time. It's not new. If they interviewed him, and they did, they had to have already known and still went through the process. I don't think that has anything to do with it to be honest. Richard Williams said he's a stand up fellow.

Hell, there were rumors about Cann for a long time before he got fired. There were rumors about Mullen too.

MarketingBully
06-21-2018, 09:08 AM
That stupid Schloss rumor has been out there for a long time. It's not new. If they interviewed him, and they did, they had to have already known and still went through the process. I don't think that has anything to do with it to be honest. Richard Williams said he's a stand up fellow.

Hell, there were rumors about Cann for a long time before he got fired. There were rumors about Mullen too.

Sure, those rumors were out there. And bringing up rumors on Cann which turned out to be true doesn’t prove your point. All I know is things didn’t go south until Cohen met with Schloss and his wife in person in Starkville. Don’t you understand that optics are in play here and sometimes there are more important things at play then just wins and losses?

Political Hack
06-21-2018, 09:24 AM
Sure, those rumors were out there. And bringing up rumors on Cann which turned out to be true doesn’t prove your point. All I know is things didn’t go south until Cohen met with Schloss and his wife in person in Starkville. Don’t you understand that optics are in play here and sometimes there are more important things at play then just wins and losses?

I'm saying you don't fire a guy over rumors. You don't "not hire" one of, if not the, best coach(es) in America over rumors either. If things went south during the interview, and there's several reports that's actually what happened, I tend to believe it's over something more than rumors. If not, Cohen needs his head examined, optics or not.

32 Dive
06-21-2018, 10:10 AM
I'm not coming with any information, but I have a genuine question: Could it simply be possible... that Schloss's wife, upon visiting the area, had some sort of profound objection to living in Starkville?

I'm just wondering, with all of the speculated minutiae of this hire, that this is possibly being overlooked.

MaroonBelle
06-21-2018, 10:20 AM
I'm not coming with any information, but I have a genuine question: Could it simply be possible... that Schloss's wife, upon visiting the area, had some sort of profound objection to living in Starkville?

I'm just wondering, with all of the speculated minutiae of this hire, that this is possibly being overlooked.

This was my thinking as well. I don't think the IB is open to another situation where the family doesn't come with the coach. Maybe she and daughter (I think is HS senior?) wanted to stay in Fort Worth and Schloss was willing to come without them but IB has seen how that works out (with Wes Johnson whose family lived in Arkansas (and where is he now) and Sirmon) and is not down with that. I think it's an everyone all bought in or nothing situation.

ETA: on Gene's Page it was mentioned by one of the Mods that there might be a "family situation" with a coach that we wanted but withdrew that would be rectified after a year if we held on to Henderson at head coach for just that amount of time as a sort of placeholder. If the daughter wanted to stay and graduate in FW that would make the most sense.

Turfdawg67
06-21-2018, 11:01 AM
Now we're making assumptions based on rumors...

DogsofAnarchy
06-21-2018, 11:47 AM
If Keenum has allowed that to happen we need to be searching for a new president as our first priority instead of worrying about a baseball coach.

1. We are not ranked in the 500?s. That list is fake news.

2. I want you to get this plain dipshit, Mark Keenum is the first President of MSU that OM has not politically controlled. He is an advocate for all things MSU including athletics. Look how far we have come since he got here. And lastly....

3. If YOU or anyone else, who claims to be a Bulldog, are advocating for the removal of Mark Keenum then you're dumber than any of us can help. Please go support another school because I dont want any of your dumber than shit opinions rubbing off on the roads leading to Starkville. Damn stupidity is running rampant enough without you weighing in on shit you know NOTHING about!!

curmudgeon
06-21-2018, 11:57 AM

Yes, they are. Part of it is Keenum, part of it is Starkville schools are hindering some hires that could help.

The problems in the aerospace engineering department don't make for exciting message board fodder, but doesn't make academics any less important. Under Keenum, we have lost Tier 1 research status, dropped heavily in all academic rankings, and our reputation has suffered.

There are only two Power 5 institutions that we are better than right now - Texas Tech and West Virginia. We are third worst. It may not matter to some, but it does affect the quality of our degrees and needs to be addressed.

BeardoMSU
06-21-2018, 12:02 PM

I don't know about "rip to shreds", but yes, I agree that it is a complex/multilayered issue. It still matters a helluva lot, though.

That being said, lets not totally hijack the thread. I would be happy to discuss this topic on the OT board, however.

Dawg61
06-21-2018, 12:19 PM
lets not totally hijack the thread.

too late

https://media.giphy.com/media/lByVz72SFffyM/giphy.gif

JNC23
06-21-2018, 12:20 PM
1. We are not ranked in the 500?s. That list is fake news.

2. I want you to get this plain dipshit, Mark Keenum is the first President of MSU that OM has not politically controlled. He is an advocate for all things MSU including athletics. Look how far we have come since he got here. And lastly....

3. If YOU or anyone else, who claims to be a Bulldog, are advocating for the removal of Mark Keenum then you're dumber than any of us can help. Please go support another school because I dont want any of your dumber than shit opinions rubbing off on the roads leading to Starkville. Damn stupidity is running rampant enough without you weighing in on shit you know NOTHING about!!

Ding ding ding. Well said.

MedDawg
06-21-2018, 12:26 PM
Yes, they are. Part of it is Keenum, part of it is Starkville schools are hindering some hires that could help.

The problems in the aerospace engineering department don't make for exciting message board fodder, but doesn't make academics any less important. Under Keenum, we have lost Tier 1 research status, dropped heavily in all academic rankings, and our reputation has suffered.

There are only two Power 5 institutions that we are better than right now - Texas Tech and West Virginia. We are third worst. It may not matter to some, but it does affect the quality of our degrees and needs to be addressed.

I read a good explanation on one of these State message boards of how we lost R1 status because of how they changed the criteria. I believe some other big research schools also lost R1. As I understand it, OM might have gained R1 status and State lost it, but OM did not pass State in total research dollars, nor have State's research funds decreased.

One thing that will always hurt State (and OM) in rankings are our forced lower entrance requirements due to the Ayers case. Not only do the low ACT scores/HS grades hurt our rankings, but they allow more students in who don't graduate. Percentage of entering freshman to go on to graduate is often part of the school rankings. Now, I'm not against opportunity or really even against the low entrance requirements. Just know that our rankings are lower because of something that is completely out of MSU's control.

curmudgeon
06-21-2018, 01:54 PM
I read a good explanation on one of these State message boards of how we lost R1 status because of how they changed the criteria. I believe some other big research schools also lost R1. As I understand it, OM might have gained R1 status and State lost it, but OM did not pass State in total research dollars, nor have State's research funds decreased.

One thing that will always hurt State (and OM) in rankings are our forced lower entrance requirements due to the Ayers case. Not only do the low ACT scores/HS grades hurt our rankings, but they allow more students in who don't graduate. Percentage of entering freshman to go on to graduate is often part of the school rankings. Now, I'm not against opportunity or really even against the low entrance requirements. Just know that our rankings are lower because of something that is completely out of MSU's control.

Yes, you are correct. There's a lot to it, but it is a problem that is going to start biting us in the ass soon.

In my opinion, here are the main reasons that our academic ratings are dismal. Some we have control over, some we don't.

1. The Ayers case. We have to admit anyone with a pulse. Kids with 16 ACT scores typically do not graduate, which hurts our graduation rate (a key metric in academic rankings)
2. We are a poor state. We get a lot of freshmen that are really excited about coming to MSU, but realize after a semester or a year that they cannot afford to pay tuition, housing, and live on their own. Every college gets some of these - we get a ton. That hurts freshman retention rate, another key metric in academic rankings.
3. Starkville schools. We are missing out on some talented young academics and some proven academics because our local school system is such a mess. Starkville Academy may offer some relief, but academics tend to like to send their children to public schools.
4. The Mississippi factor. Lets face it. Mississippi is thought to be the worst of the worst. When peers institutions in California or even Indiana are asked to rate MSU - they don't do anything other than say Mississippi? It must suck.
5. Low Salaries. Salaries at MSU lag behind neighboring states. I know for a fact we have some support staff making in the 20s doing the same thing that Alabama pays in the 60s. Professors aren't that much of a gap, but there is a gap. Auburn, Arkansas and LSU are competing for the same professors we are, and they all offer significantly higher salaries.
6. A Stupid Scholarship Structure. This one is probably bigger, but our scholarship matrix sucks. There are some smart kids that wouldn't mind staying close to home that are being swayed out of state because we have decided that X score on the ACT = $X. I know someone that scored really high on the ACT and was offered $60,000 from MSU. Sounds great until you find out that Alabama offered $100,000. We are giving kids with 16 ACT better scholarships through the Mississippi State Promise thing than 30 ACTs that worked their ass off but parents are middle class.
7. Brain Drain. The best and brightest that do go to MSU are leaving in droves. When their kids are ready to go to college, they are offered $1,000 off of out of state tuition. LSU, for example, waives 75% of out of state tuition for alums.

Cooterpoot
06-21-2018, 03:24 PM
We've got a better shot at State being an Ivy League school than Schloss getting the job.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-21-2018, 04:54 PM
..... And yes, I realize that we are about to play for a Natty....

Not yet we aint.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-21-2018, 04:56 PM

Stay on topic please....oh wait I kept reading the thread and it appears this subject has taken over....imagine that.smh

maroonmania
06-21-2018, 10:31 PM
Yes, you are correct. There's a lot to it, but it is a problem that is going to start biting us in the ass soon.

In my opinion, here are the main reasons that our academic ratings are dismal. Some we have control over, some we don't.

1. The Ayers case. We have to admit anyone with a pulse. Kids with 16 ACT scores typically do not graduate, which hurts our graduation rate (a key metric in academic rankings)
2. We are a poor state. We get a lot of freshmen that are really excited about coming to MSU, but realize after a semester or a year that they cannot afford to pay tuition, housing, and live on their own. Every college gets some of these - we get a ton. That hurts freshman retention rate, another key metric in academic rankings.
3. Starkville schools. We are missing out on some talented young academics and some proven academics because our local school system is such a mess. Starkville Academy may offer some relief, but academics tend to like to send their children to public schools.
4. The Mississippi factor. Lets face it. Mississippi is thought to be the worst of the worst. When peers institutions in California or even Indiana are asked to rate MSU - they don't do anything other than say Mississippi? It must suck.
5. Low Salaries. Salaries at MSU lag behind neighboring states. I know for a fact we have some support staff making in the 20s doing the same thing that Alabama pays in the 60s. Professors aren't that much of a gap, but there is a gap. Auburn, Arkansas and LSU are competing for the same professors we are, and they all offer significantly higher salaries.
6. A Stupid Scholarship Structure. This one is probably bigger, but our scholarship matrix sucks. There are some smart kids that wouldn't mind staying close to home that are being swayed out of state because we have decided that X score on the ACT = $X. I know someone that scored really high on the ACT and was offered $60,000 from MSU. Sounds great until you find out that Alabama offered $100,000. We are giving kids with 16 ACT better scholarships through the Mississippi State Promise thing than 30 ACTs that worked their ass off but parents are middle class.
7. Brain Drain. The best and brightest that do go to MSU are leaving in droves. When their kids are ready to go to college, they are offered $1,000 off of out of state tuition. LSU, for example, waives 75% of out of state tuition for alums.

For the sake of accuracy I will just say that #7 is not correct. Any child of an out of state MSU alum who scores a 22 or higher on the ACT (3.5 GPA) gets a minimum $12,000 yearly scholarship that wipes out pretty much all of the out of state tuition cost. That's why my daughter is at MSU even though I reside in Alabama. Unless you make a 30 or more on the ACT neither Alabama nor Auburn will offer you much of anything in scholarship aid (28-29 gets very minimal money). So, because of the fact that the regular college cost is significantly higher at Alabama and Auburn than it is at MSU or OM, my daughter is able to attend MSU for over $4,000/yr less than she can in- state at Alabama or Auburn. $4000 of that $12000 is because she is a legacy so even those that aren't MSU alums in Alabama can essentially send their child to MSU out-of-state at an equal cost to Alabama or Auburn in-state that meet the ACT criteria with a decent GPA. Just one of the reasons MSU is seeing so many students from the State of Alabama now attending. MSU is very attractive for kids out of state scoring in that 22-28 ACT range.

KOdawg1
06-21-2018, 10:34 PM
Stay on topic please....oh wait I kept reading the thread and it appears this subject has taken over....imagine that.smh
People sure know how to hijack a thread, don't they?

Pit Bull
06-22-2018, 06:51 AM
Let Free Shoes U. have him.

Pit Bull
06-22-2018, 07:01 AM
I was about to say, some people say Rosebowl is our Yancy, and he's not, Gene most definitely is, he's the sheepherder

Gene is almost done with his board. He's made so much damn money off it, plus he is setting it up to be sold to Steve and/or David Murray. It's why Steve left BR to come to Starkvegas.....Gene promised to sell it to him when he retires, which is not that far off.

Todd4State
06-22-2018, 08:00 AM
Gene is almost done with his board. He's made so much damn money off it, plus he is setting it up to be sold to Steve and/or David Murray. It's why Steve left BR to come to Starkvegas.....Gene promised to sell it to him when he retires, which is not that far off.

He has been saying that for years. If it is such a cash cow I wouldn't give it up and just ride it out until I die.

Political Hack
06-22-2018, 10:41 AM
He has been saying that for years. If it is such a cash cow I wouldn't give it up and just ride it out until I die.

Hey gene, you know that site you own and do none of the work but get paid for it anyway?

"Yeah."

You want to sell it?

"No."