PDA

View Full Version : Interesting... Schloss still in play?

SandlotDawg
06-19-2018, 10:54 PM
https://twitter.com/scoutstever/status/1009280672672960512?s=21

DawgFromOxford
06-19-2018, 10:56 PM
We beat the dead horse on Schloss last thread. Got to be McDonnell this time **

KOdawg1
06-19-2018, 10:59 PM
It's most definitely Godwin **

Quaoarsking
I'm glad Cohen took my advice and never gave up.

SandlotDawg
Corbin***

mstatefan91
06-19-2018, 11:16 PM
We are 3 games away from a Natty. I don’t honestly care who gets the job at this point. I will next week but right now, I just want to win dammit! It is beyond time to get over the damn hump with this! Just win!

parabrave
06-19-2018, 11:19 PM
We beat the dead horse on Schloss last thread. Got to be McDonnell this time **

Heard that JC was at the local tire store in Cleveland trying to get Lou Brown to come to Starkville.

KOdawg1
06-19-2018, 11:24 PM
We are 3 games away from a Natty. I don’t honestly care who gets the job at this point. I will next week but right now, I just want to win dammit! It is beyond time to get over the damn hump with this! Just win!

This is the correct answer

Todd4State
06-20-2018, 12:12 AM
Heard that JC was at the local tire store in Cleveland trying to get Lou Brown to come to Starkville.

Rumor is we're competing with a dry wall job.**

Todd4State
06-20-2018, 12:19 AM
Here's maybe a different take on all this:

I will never, ever forgive Cann for creating this distraction. If I ever meet him, I will not shake his hand and I hope he is blackballed from baseball forever. Of course, the Yankees will probably throw him a bone and make him a scout again.

While in some ways I think the interim situation has motivated our guys I think it has also distracted from the experience and has placed a lot of lingering attention on the coaching search when it should be 100% about the team and the season that they are having. And yes, this has mostly been about the team- I would say 90% of the attention has been given to the team. But it still sucks that they aren't getting the other 10%.

I hope we win it all- like I do every year- but I hope it makes Cann absolutely sick when he sees us dogpiling and he's in some gym bragging to some meathead about how much he can deadlift who doesn't really give a shit about Cann's max.

msstate7
06-20-2018, 06:09 AM
Seeing the positional talent we have and will have back next season has to be pretty appealing.

fader2103
06-20-2018, 06:26 AM

I will never, ever forgive Cann for creating this distraction. If I ever meet him, I will not shake his hand and I hope he is blackballed from baseball forever. Of course, the Yankees will probably throw him a bone and make him a scout again.

While in some ways I think the interim situation has motivated our guys I think it has also distracted from the experience and has placed a lot of lingering attention on the coaching search when it should be 100% about the team and the season that they are having. And yes, this has mostly been about the team- I would say 90% of the attention has been given to the team. But it still sucks that they aren't getting the other 10%.

I hope we win it all- like I do every year- but I hope it makes Cann absolutely sick when he sees us dogpiling and he's in some gym bragging to some meathead about how much he can deadlift who doesn't really give a shit about Cann's max.

If he does become a scout again, you know he would push for Florida area.

Pit Bull
06-20-2018, 06:49 AM
https://twitter.com/scoutstever/status/1009280672672960512?s=21

It's Showalter.....No doubt!!***

Pit Bull
06-20-2018, 06:51 AM
Seeing the positional talent we have and will have back next season has to be pretty appealing.

Lot of freshmen getting a lot of PT......good!!

Pit Bull
06-20-2018, 06:55 AM
If he does become a scout again, you know he would push for Florida area.

He hurt our players, our coaches, our admin, our school, and our fans. The dude has some kind of mental sickness.....maybe like Tiger Woods. He should move to Hattiesburg and get help at that specialty hospital for sex addicts.

Dawgology
06-20-2018, 07:17 AM
He hurt our players, our coaches, our admin, our school, and our fans. The dude has some kind of mental sickness.....maybe like Tiger Woods. He should move to Hattiesburg and get help at that specialty hospital for sex addicts.

They put all the sex addicts together? Hypothetically speaking....where would one go to find this place?**

msudawglb
06-20-2018, 08:01 AM

Exactly. We should have coaches lining up to offer the university money for the opportunity to coach our team.***

Bubb Rubb
06-20-2018, 08:25 AM
Rumor is we're competing with a dry wall job.**

That would be WHITE walls. Lou has a guy on the other line about some white walls. But he assures us he will call us back later.

thf24
06-20-2018, 08:49 AM
Unlikely speculation - what if this supposed specific point that Cohen wouldn't budge on with Schloss the first time around was keeping Henderson on as pitching coach? I only pose this because I heard in passing last night (no idea where this information originated or if there's anything to it) that Henderson's recently expressed interest in staying on is as pitching coach, not head coach.

Jack Lambert
06-20-2018, 10:08 AM

Funny story. Last year at the Jackson Extravaganza my thirteen year old son and I walked up to the table where Cann was giving autographs. I didn't relies he was vain as he is. After I said hi my son said Dad you are way bigger then him. The look on his face was priceless. I was not impress with Cann size. He is short and not all that define. I guess I am use to seeing meat heads in the gym. I really don't feel all the big until I see a photo of me and my wife. I am 53 and have lost a good bit of my muscle mass. I can still bench 400 one. It is a lot harder now then before. I use to be able to do it three to five times. Back in the 90's WCW was in town and some of their wrestlers were in Golds Gym where I worked out at the time and I got to spot the Bigger Steiner brother. Those guys are big.

BuckyIsAB****
06-20-2018, 01:51 PM
Schloss wants it. He has been in Omaha campaigning for it. The ball is in Cohen's court boys. Schloss will be our HC if Cohen wants him to be

fader2103
06-20-2018, 05:19 PM
Funny story. Last year at the Jackson Extravaganza my thirteen year old son and I walked up to the table where Cann was giving autographs. I didn't relies he was vain as he is. After I said hi my son said Dad you are way bigger then him. The look on his face was priceless. I was not impress with Cann size. He is short and not all that define. I guess I am use to seeing meat heads in the gym. I really don't feel all the big until I see a photo of me and my wife. I am 53 and have lost a good bit of my muscle mass. I can still bench 400 one. It is a lot harder now then before. I use to be able to do it three to five times. Back in the 90's WCW was in town and some of their wrestlers were in Golds Gym where I worked out at the time and I got to spot the Bigger Steiner brother. Those guys are big.

Well let?s just brag on ourselves.

Todd4State
06-20-2018, 05:42 PM

That's awesome! Both stories!

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-20-2018, 06:12 PM
The only thing that is interesting to me in all of this is that Saarloos stayed at TCU and turned Rice down. At the time everyone was asking, why would he do that? Does that decision have anything to do with this rumor starting up again now?

Was the heat getting too hot in the kitchen and Cohen had to douse the flames before it got out of hand? Meaning, did Cohen have his man all along but not want to announce it until after our season ended but the word was starting to get out? Did Cohen have Schloss pull his name because of this? Did TCU play along in keeping it quiet knowing they had who they wanted as a replacement on staff already? After all, they didn't have to announce a search for a replacement since Saarloos was already there.

If it truly is Schloss, this is what I'm betting happened 2-3 weeks ago. We should know something definite in about 7-10 days possibly. Hopefully, we'll have a national championship trophy sitting on the table when we announce the new coach.

Cowbell
06-20-2018, 07:00 PM
The only thing that is interesting to me in all of this is that Saarloos stayed at TCU and turned Rice down. At the time everyone was asking, why would he do that? Does that decision have anything to do with this rumor starting up again now?

Was the heat getting too hot in the kitchen and Cohen had to douse the flames before it got out of hand? Meaning, did Cohen have his man all along but not want to announce it until after our season ended but the word was starting to get out? Did Cohen have Schloss pull his name because of this? Did TCU play along in keeping it quiet knowing they had who they wanted as a replacement on staff already? After all, they didn't have to announce a search for a replacement since Saarloos was already there.

If it truly is Schloss, this is what I'm betting happened 2-3 weeks ago. We should know something definite in about 7-10 days possibly. Hopefully, we'll have a national championship trophy sitting on the table when we announce the new coach.

This is what I feel like is going on. And Cohen is now in a pickle with what Henderson has done...

Turfdawg67
06-20-2018, 07:14 PM
This is the correct answer

Yes it is... but some on here would rather "strive" for possible future greatness than actually have it and keep
a coach that achieved it... but they don't want.

TNDawg35
06-20-2018, 07:21 PM
BEst case for us is that Hendo JUST wants to be pitching coach or retires at yrs end. Then we hire Schloss. No way you turn Dchloss down for Hendo. Hell, build Hendo a statue on top of the condos going in in LF, give him a hell of a bonus, his college World Series ring, and move him to head of baseball operations.

msbulldog
06-20-2018, 07:28 PM

Hey Pit Bull loosen up! I've messed up, maybe not in that way, but I have sinned. Thanks be to Our Good Lord for Jesus Christ!

Turfdawg67
06-20-2018, 07:34 PM
BEst case for us is that Hendo JUST wants to be pitching coach or retires at yrs end. Then we hire Schloss. No way you turn Dchloss down for Hendo. Hell, build Hendo a statue on top of the condos going in in LF, give him a hell of a bonus, his college World Series ring, and move him to head of baseball operations.

Yes sir, build a statue for the guy who WON a Natty and let him go for a guy with "potential" to win a Natty. Makes perfect sense.