PDA

View Full Version : A Pre-World Series View on MSU From Nafoom and a Waake

Goldendawg
06-19-2018, 08:07 PM
I read Nafoom every once in a while to see what's going on in their "flagship" world. Before our 1st game in Omaha there was a thread where one of their fans said that he was going to pull for us because we were a scrappy team that played hard. He was immediately reminded that we had to play that way and UNM didn't have to because their players were so much more talented than ours. I was also at a wake after they were put out when one of their adult female fans was telling a couple of MSU fans that " it was so much better to be good, than lucky!" I kept my MSU mouth shut as I was on "holy ground"! Sometimes a "flagship" with an arrogant captain and crew sail right into the reef. Hail State and GTHOM! (Tried to correct spelling of Wake in title, but failed. Sorry)

Jack Lambert
06-19-2018, 08:17 PM
Sometimes it better to be lucky then good however lucky is not permanent and good is. You don't get this far with luck alone.

Commercecomet24
06-19-2018, 08:35 PM
Absolutely no way to make it this far on luck. This team is talented and plays like a team. Those unm folks never cease to amaze me.

SaintDawg
06-19-2018, 08:37 PM
Sometimes it better to be lucky then good however lucky is not permanent and good is. You don't get this far with luck alone.
Agreed. All day long. You don't get to this point on luck. You must have talent. For some reason that fan base doesn't understand that in baseball, teams change through the season's progression. Good at the beginning doesn't guarantee good at the end. It's extremely prevalent in MLB. YOU HAVE TO WORK. It isn't given to you. They think that because everyone says they're a good team and have talent they have the mindset of "but we're good, everyone says so, and you should lose to us." That is why they fail time and time again. Hence, Tennessee Tech. Hence, losing to us. They will never learn.

IMissJack
06-19-2018, 08:47 PM
Texas, the team that beat the team that eliminated OM (at their home regional) is 0-2 and on their way home from the CWS, after being outscored 17-6.

Dawgcap
06-19-2018, 08:48 PM
The problem with their thought is they think they earned a right to an amazing season because of a great early start. This leads to over confidence and complacency. Instead of working harder these type teams coast. A real team that travels through adversity expects things to go wrong and are determined to change a thought process of failure. So a talented team that faces adversity after an easy time can easily fail and wonder why. But a true team that has faced adversity and failed early has to sink or swim. This State baseball squad chose to swim and has become one helluva team.

thf24
06-19-2018, 08:52 PM
If they say you have to be either lucky or good to win and advance, what exactly do they think they are?

SaintDawg
06-19-2018, 08:57 PM
The problem with their thought is they think they earned a right to an amazing season because of a great early start. This leads to over confidence and complacency. Instead of working harder these type teams coast. A real team that travels through adversity expects things to go wrong and are determined to change a thought process of failure. So a talented team that faces adversity after an easy time can easily fail and wonder why. But a true team that has faced adversity and failed early has to sink or swim. This State baseball squad chose to swim and has become one helluva team.
+1

Dawgcap
06-19-2018, 08:58 PM
A good team that reads their headlines and believe them has a good chance to fail but a team that struggles and reads the headlines but refuses to believe them has a chance to achieve things no one expects. A great team never reads headlines

KOdawg1
06-19-2018, 09:06 PM
Texas, the team that beat the team that eliminated OM (at their home regional) is 0-2 and on their way home from the CWS, after being outscored 17-6.

You mean I won't hear the name Kody Clemens anymore? That's unfortunate.

In other news, did ya'll know Kramer Robertson's mom is Kim Mulkey, women's basketball coach at Baylor?

IMissJack
06-19-2018, 09:22 PM

In other news, did ya'll know Kramer Robertson's mom is Kim Mulkey, women's basketball coach at Baylor?

Yes, although I was rooting for TX to eliminate FL. FL has enough starting pitching to win it all again.

Rick Danko
06-19-2018, 09:30 PM

No, stop it damnit. He?s gone and I don?t want to hear her name spoken this year...

Todd4State
06-20-2018, 02:23 AM
I read Nafoom every once in a while to see what's going on in their "flagship" world. Before our 1st game in Omaha there was a thread where one of their fans said that he was going to pull for us because we were a scrappy team that played hard. He was immediately reminded that we had to play that way and UNM didn't have to because their players were so much more talented than ours. I was also at a wake after they were put out when one of their adult female fans was telling a couple of MSU fans that " it was so much better to be good, than lucky!" I kept my MSU mouth shut as I was on "holy ground"! Sometimes a "flagship" with an arrogant captain and crew sail right into the reef. Hail State and GTHOM! (Tried to correct spelling of Wake in title, but failed. Sorry)

Their problem is they aren't as good as they think they are.

Todd4State
06-20-2018, 02:30 AM

Their fans read about how they had the number one recruiting class and then they have Kendall Rogers acting like they are the Yankees plus no one plays the RPI game better than Ole Miss. It all adds up - not that it takes much for Ole Miss fans to be arrogant.

I'm sure some of it trickles down to their team because they have people patting them on the back in Oxford I'm sure.

Their schedule was overrated and very favorable- and so as you as said they really didn't have to face a lot of adversity except when they played us. The only teams that they played this year OOC that had a winning record were Austin Peay (30-27) USM and MSU in the Governor's Cup. Then they didn't have to play Florida, and they got Arkansas, LSU, and Auburn in Oxford. Whenever they played a SR SEC team on the road- they lost every one of those series.

notsofarawaydawg
06-20-2018, 05:12 AM
**** Ole Miss .. **** Oxford .. **** the Ole Miss Fans .. **** their sorry ass school

BulldogBear
06-20-2018, 06:46 AM
I imagine HK staring at a wall full of pasted headline ideas and calling in CL execs to put their heads together trying to find the perfect headline that implies Ole Miss should get the real credit for MSU winning the CWS.

Dental Dawg33
06-20-2018, 06:54 AM

That is exactly why they will always underachieve. There is always an excuse and they only care about self perception. To them, it's more important to think that they "had" a team that could make a run in Omaha instead of acknowledging that they underperformed yet again. Guess we "lucked" our way to 11-1 against top 8 teams and giving up 1 earned run in 18 innings against 2 of the last 8 teams standing. No, what it is is we have talent that wasn't taught baseball for months bc our horn dog ex coach was too preoccupied with maxing on bench and sexting. Our guys were finally shown some legit coaching and became a team that plays for each other and their coaches. They don't give a damn whether the world thinks they are good, lucky or don't deserve to be there. No, you don't make it this far on luck. But hey, if that self gratification helps the rebs sleep at night then that's cool. But that ignorant view is why they are where they are. You did right by not engaging in argument bc you can't argue with stupid. She would bring you down to her level and beat you with experience

msbulldog
06-20-2018, 12:40 PM
Ole Miss At Home Again!

LC Dawg
06-20-2018, 12:56 PM
**** Ole Miss .. **** Oxford .. **** the Ole Miss Fans .. **** their sorry ass school

This

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 01:05 PM
Their problem is they aren't as good as they think they are.

I think this is actually the school's motto

sleepy dawg
06-20-2018, 01:19 PM

I had not heard this. Do you perhaps have a picture of her you could show us every few minutes?

Pit Bull
06-20-2018, 04:49 PM
But, but......we won the recruiting battles dammit!!!.......therefore we should be CWS Champions!!!....I don't understand!!***