PDA

View Full Version : Cole Gordon 11 2/3rd scoreless in a row...

Leroy Jenkins
06-19-2018, 03:49 PM
Talk about the lightbulb coming on. Not bad for a guy who came here to play 1B.

CadaverDawg
06-19-2018, 03:55 PM
Kiss O Death

MetEdDawg
06-19-2018, 04:16 PM
It would be extremely helpful to us for him to come back. I have to think part of him going through senior day stuff was because of how bad he had been. Probably wasn't fun anymore. Now that he's dealing maybe he thinks again about his decision.

Homedawg
06-19-2018, 04:33 PM

Not true. Butch recruited him as a pitcher. Been said before.

LC Dawg
06-19-2018, 04:56 PM
Kiss O Death
Ha! No doubt!

Dawg61
06-19-2018, 05:21 PM
Gordon is quickly becoming one of my favorites on the team. I wouldn't of said that a month ago. He's been crucial for us.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-19-2018, 06:14 PM
Cole just spotted walking through Omaha

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HotMedicalGardensnake-size_restricted.gif

bostondawg
06-19-2018, 06:43 PM
A dude who can consistently pound the strike zone with fastballs at 90 mph and has one breaking ball and can keep his head straight mentally is a Sunday starter in the SEC. If we think we've got someone better he'll make a hell of a reliever.

Lord McBuckethead
06-19-2018, 10:09 PM
I hope he comes back for one last season. I also wouldn't mind seeing him get a bat in his hands. Dude is a giant. Let the man look fastball only and swing to hit the moon.

I believe he had one a few years ago as a pitch hitter. Back during the mullet days.

Todd4State
06-20-2018, 02:19 AM
I hope he comes back for one last season. I also wouldn't mind seeing him get a bat in his hands. Dude is a giant. Let the man look fastball only and swing to hit the moon.

I believe he had one a few years ago as a pitch hitter. Back during the mullet days.

I think he walked off Vanderbilt his freshman year? I also think I remember him hitting a bomb against Auburn that same year.

He's much better as a pitcher though. With what we have coming back I don't see a lot of opportunities for him to hit to be honest with you.

tcdog70
06-20-2018, 08:39 AM
I thought our pitchers haven't improved since last year?****

stalkingpoon
06-20-2018, 08:46 AM

Would he not come back as a senior next year? He wasn't drafted was he?

06-20-2018, 09:06 AM

You mean Hendu's doing a good job???? WUT???

Dawg61
06-20-2018, 09:55 AM
He's got a twitter. Show him the love dawgs.

Leroy Jenkins
06-24-2018, 06:45 AM
Kiss O Death

Apparently not.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgbJRuWVMAUVGbU.jpg

MarketingBully
06-24-2018, 06:56 AM
In hindsight it might of been better to start Gordon on Friday. I remember he pitched a gem against Florida last year and he shut down Vandy’s extremely hot bats. I think what hurts Henderson the most as a HC is he does very little thinking outside the box or using hot pitchers in different roles. Casey, Schlossnagle, Sully, and coaches of that ilk will pitch starters as relievers and relievers as starters if it meant getting the hottest pitcher out there. In all honesty if we had pitched Gordon/Neff/Self on the backend we probably win Friday without having to pitch Small at all. I just don’t think Henderson is the long term answer and I hope Cohen understands we can get a better coach then Gary Henderson.

Cooterpoot
06-24-2018, 07:45 AM
Hell, Gary wouldn’t pitch anybody or change his lineup.