PDA

View Full Version : Next elimination game in our bracket

msstate7
06-18-2018, 08:41 PM
Is Wednesday, right?

If so, total BS that the winners get punished. Now the winner of tonight's loser game gets a day of rest that the winner tomorrow doesn't get.

MarketingBully
06-18-2018, 08:44 PM
Yeah that set’s up the loser tomorrow to go two and out. This is bad. Gotta win tomorrow. This gives all momentum to Oregon State. It’s total shit.

Bubb Rubb
06-18-2018, 08:44 PM
Is Wednesday, right?

If so, total BS that the winners get punished. Now the winner of tonight's loser game gets a day of rest that the winner tomorrow doesn't get.

That's baseball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and sometimes it rains.

Skydawg1
06-18-2018, 08:45 PM
That's baseball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and sometimes it rains.And sometimes the NCAA is in charge.

Homedawg
06-18-2018, 08:46 PM
The long range weather is terrible. Now that might or might not happen. But odds of all the games going as scheduled aren’t great.

Commercecomet24
06-18-2018, 08:48 PM
Omaha has always been plagued with weather delays during the cws. Happens every year, just part of it.

Bubb Rubb
06-18-2018, 08:49 PM
And sometimes the NCAA is in charge.

It's the right call. It just so happens that it's our game being impacted. If we benefitted from it, you'd feel better about it.

Win tomorrow and it doesn't matter. Its probably going to rain tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday anyway, so I doubt there will be much late baseball tomorrow anyway.

confucius say
06-18-2018, 08:50 PM
Who made the call to postpone? Any input from Hindu? If so, Should have let gautreau make the call**

msstate7
06-18-2018, 08:50 PM
Omaha has always been plagued with weather delays during the cws. Happens every year, just part of it.

Then don't wait till 1 to start a game. Start first game at 11am

confucius say
06-18-2018, 08:51 PM
It's the right call. It just so happens that it's our game being impacted. If we benefitted from it, you'd feel better about it.

Win tomorrow and it doesn't matter. Its probably going to rain tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday anyway, so I doubt there will be much late baseball tomorrow anyway.

Why you say it's the right call?

Skydawg1

Win tomorrow and it doesn't matter. Its probably going to rain tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday anyway, so I doubt there will be much late baseball tomorrow anyway.My main gripe is the NCAA policy of clearing the stadium between games. Rain is one thing.

Commercecomet24
Then don't wait till 1 to start a game. Start first game at 11am

Hey I'm with you. And I also don't understand why they don't just play it tonight I was just stating that's how it's always been there.

smootness

Even more reason to go ahead and play tonight while the weather is good. Lets you bump up the games tomorrow if you need to.

Skydawg1
06-18-2018, 08:52 PM
Then don't wait till 1 to start a game. Start first game at 11amA freaking MEN

Bubb Rubb
06-18-2018, 08:58 PM
Why you say it's the right call?

I phrased it poorly. Should have said they feel it's the right call. There are logistical issues that come with starting a game after 10 PM local time. TV probably had something to do with it too.

All things considered, I'd rather play tonight. But there are reasons they decided to postpone and I'm sure none of them have anything to do with wanting to put the screws to us.

ShotgunDawg
06-18-2018, 09:05 PM
Good lord.

You guys act like baseball is an endurance sport or something. I don't get what the big deal is about playing 2 days in a row.

In fact, I could make a stronger argument that it helps your hitters by playing 2 days in a row.

This entire conversation seems ridiculous to me.

KOdawg1
06-18-2018, 09:08 PM
Good lord.

You guys act like baseball is an endurance sport or something. I don't get what the big deal is about playing 2 days in a row.

In fact, I could make a stronger argument that it helps your hitters by playing 2 days in a row.

This. Oregon State having to wait a day might slow down their bats a bit too.

msstate7
06-18-2018, 09:10 PM
Good lord.

We have a chance to play tonight with cooler temps. Tomorrow we play in the heat of the day and will most likely have to get in our pen about the 5th inning. The relievers we use tomorrow would be much better shape to pitch Wednesday if we lose had they pitched tonight.

ShotgunDawg
06-18-2018, 09:13 PM
We have a chance to play tonight with cooler temps. Tomorrow we play in the heat of the day and will most likely have to get in our pen about the 5th inning. The relievers we use tomorrow would be much better shape to pitch Wednesday if we lose had they pitched tonight.

Come on mane.

Baseball ain't an endurance sport. Professional player get better because they play everyday which allows
you to see the ball better and have greater pitch recognition.

This is just a dumb conversation where people are just bitching to bitch with no substance

msstate7
06-18-2018, 09:16 PM
Come on mane.

Baseball ain't an endurance sport. Professional player get better because they play everyday which allows

This is just a dumb conversation where people are just bitching to bitch with no substance

You have an opinion, and so do I. We have a very short pen, and I want a day in between games for that reason.

Commercecomet24
06-18-2018, 09:30 PM
These are all travel ball kids. My teams have played as many as 5 games in one day, and you always play at least 4 over a weekend.They're used to it. Besides it just gives us more adversity to battle through and the more adversity this team gets the better they play. Adversity is their fuel.

MarketingBully
06-18-2018, 09:40 PM
Hey Commerce, any new news on JT? Judging by his Twitter and the Dodger draftees, I’d say he’s leaning to school. I don’t think LA is going to get close to his asking price based on their excess draft pool (only have about $128k to work with).

Commercecomet24
06-18-2018, 09:54 PM
Hey Commerce, any new news on JT? Judging by his Twitter and the Dodger draftees, I’d say he’s leaning to school. I don’t think LA is going to get close to his asking price based on their excess draft pool (only have about $128k to work with).

Been kinda quiet, he's been on senior trip and just got back.

confucius say
06-18-2018, 09:58 PM
Come on mane.

Both of your posts have been about our hitters benefiting from playing back to back days. I agree.
7's have been about the stress it puts on a limited bullpen. Also agree.

ShotgunDawg
06-18-2018, 10:00 PM
Both of your posts have been about our hitters benefiting from playing back to back days. I agree.
7's have been about the stress it puts on a limited bullpen. Also agree.

My point is that it's irrelevant and not worth complaining about.

MarketingBully
06-18-2018, 10:02 PM
Been kinda quiet, he's been on senior trip and just got back.

Gotcha, he?s been tweeting and retweeting all MSU stuff even saying MSU has the greatest fans. I don?t think LA is going to get close to his number. If he does sign, the family would have to come down a bit from their number. Has me a little hopeful but I do understand the money that is being thrown around here. My wish would be that they either get their number and sign or go to MSU. I think with his stuff and upside he can easily double or triple the number he?s at right now and could be a huge piece to get us over the Hump next year to a title (if we don?t win one this year).

confucius say
06-18-2018, 10:02 PM

You think it is irrelevant if, for example, we lose tomorrow and France nor Self are available Wednesday?

msstate7
06-18-2018, 10:03 PM

You complain when Home & Health releases a March preseason top 25 football poll with lsu higher than us or whatever.

Commercecomet24
06-18-2018, 10:07 PM
I love this board! I've paid a bunch for way less entertainment! Never a dull moment here!

MarketingBully
06-18-2018, 10:09 PM
I love this board! I've paid a bunch for way less entertainment! Never a dull moment here!

Me too. I’m beginning to hate 247 idiots. I know some posters over here are over there but some on that board are insufferable ahem (fivepointsafties/olblue)...

thedawginme
06-18-2018, 10:16 PM
Come on mane.

Dude, you start threads like this, or with even less substance, constantly.

Goldendawg
06-18-2018, 10:34 PM
Man, with this weather in Omaha, this World Series may go on longer that Mueller's Russia investigation.* Long as we're the last one standing, Hail State!

starkvegasdawg
06-18-2018, 10:41 PM
30% chance of rain tomorrow and 70% tomorrow night. Odds are the late game tomorrow meets a similar fate.

Goldendawg
06-18-2018, 10:45 PM
30% chance of rain tomorrow and 70% tomorrow night. Odds are the late game tomorrow meets a similar fate.

So we win tomorrow and get some rest as rain backs things up more?

starkvegasdawg
06-18-2018, 11:00 PM

Quite possible.

DawgFromOxford
06-18-2018, 11:23 PM
If we get eliminated from the tournament, it won't be because they pushed one of our games back 12 hours.

ChillOutDog
06-18-2018, 11:40 PM

Temps in the high 70?s-low 80?s for us tomorrow bruh

Dawg61
06-18-2018, 11:57 PM

Yea win tomorrow and let the rain **** up everyone else's bullpen.

msstate7
06-19-2018, 05:52 AM
Temps in the high 70?s-low 80?s for us tomorrow bruh

I was wrong on actual temp. Humidity level is 93% right now in Omaha. First pitch says 80 degrees, which puts heat index around 86. Temp moves up to 84-85 fairly quickly, which will have the heat index around 100. This isn't unbearable heat, but last night was quite pleasant. The game should've been played then. There is also a rain chance that starts around 1pm. So it's possible we have to deal with delays today too. Should've played last night...