PDA

View Full Version : sorry , i stole this---

tcdog70
06-18-2018, 04:20 PM
After all, he's the coach who took a struggling team that by all accounts received zero coaching attention for six to nine months, spent the offseason training while wearing hard hats, played their first 11 games on the road, spent the first half of the season under .500 and went 2-7 in league play, and turned them around so that they defeated your rival 3 out of 4 games, managed to finish .500 in the SEC, swept two CWS teams including the #1 team in the country, won a Regional on the road against a national seed, won a Super Regional on the road against an SEC powerhouse, won five straight elimination games, and are now guaranteed to finish no worse than tied for 5th in the nation? What gives?"

DawgPoundtheRock
06-18-2018, 05:09 PM
Sigh..........

Jack Lambert
06-18-2018, 05:23 PM
Jake has gone to three super regional s with three different coaches. I think we owe more to those Jr leadership and the fact those four freshman getting use to SEC baseball.

KOdawg1
06-18-2018, 05:26 PM
Rinse, repeat..

Dawgbite
06-18-2018, 06:16 PM
Ok, here is the solution that will make everyone happy. Name Jake Mangum player/ coach for one year and promise him a 1 million dollar signing bonus next year when he graduates. Keep Henderson as pitching coach and Geautreau as hitting coach. Problem solved.

Mobile Bay
06-18-2018, 06:33 PM
Ok, here is the solution that will make everyone happy. Name Jake Mangum player/ coach for one year and promise him a 1 million dollar signing bonus next year when he graduates. Keep Henderson as pitching coach and Geautreau as hitting coach. Problem solved.

Mangum didn't get drafted high this year. Perhaps the league thinks he has peaked. If that is the case I would be the first to welcome him in as a coach in waiting. Give him a year or two under Henderson. After that I would look forward to the day they change the sign to Mangum-Noble field.