PDA

View Full Version : Favorite MSU team of all time

BuckyIsAB****
06-18-2018, 10:21 AM
What is yalls favorite or most memorable MSU team you've ever seen? Can be any sport. I would say this baseball team might be #1 for me and Im a football coach.

Just bc of what this team has faced and how they just find a way to get it done is really special. Its obvious they play for each other and have pride in the name of the front of the jersey not just the one on the back.

I'd say the 2013 football team is up there for me as well just bc of all the injuries and off the field stuff that they faced and we were one of the better teams in the SEC by the end of the year despite our record. 99 football is up there too bc of the late game dramatics and one of the best defenses in MSU history

The Federalist Engineer
06-18-2018, 10:37 AM
Easy, the 1990 baseball team. After the disappointment of 1989, the 1990 team found a way to Omaha. Cohen, Raffo, Shave, Masters, and Bobby Reed drove that team to redemption.

It's too bad that Georgia had a once-in-their-history team that year. They were badasses.

Liverpooldawg
06-18-2018, 11:47 AM
1990-91 basketball. That was the first team I saw in one of the two big sports win a SEC title. The game at the Hump with LSU where we clinched it is tied for the best atmosphere I have even been in at a game at MSU. Auburn football in 2014 is the other one.

TXDawg
06-18-2018, 12:25 PM
1996 Basketball - Final Four appearance and the group was fun to watch. Dampier, Super D, Whit Hughes, etc

2018 WBB - Dominant squad that really had fun together on and off the court.

BuckyIsAB****
06-18-2018, 12:26 PM
Both of those are before my time haha

BuckyIsAB****
06-18-2018, 12:26 PM
1996 Basketball - Final Four appearance and the group was fun to watch. Dampier, Super D, Whit Hughes, etc

2018 WBB - Dominant squad that really had fun together on and off the court.

I would say 2018 WBB but Im still not over how we choked that one away

BrunswickDawg
06-18-2018, 01:45 PM
Easy, the 1990 baseball team. After the disappointment of 1989, the 1990 team found a way to Omaha. Cohen, Raffo, Shave, Masters, and Bobby Reed drove that team to redemption.

It's too bad that Georgia had a once-in-their-history team that year. They were badasses.

1990 Baseball, 1990-91 Basketball, 1991 Football - In the Spring of 1990, I took the SAT, figuring I was going to UGA. I had an extra slot for sending scores after UGA and a couple of safety schools and thought "who has a good baseball team?" MSU came to mind. About the time of the CWS, I get a letter from MSU saying I would would be eligible for scholarships and encouraging me to apply - which was more interest than I had gotten from UGA. Applied and got $. So baseball and basketball were my first MSU winning teams, and '91 football was my first on-campus season - so all of those teams stick out to me.

BuckyIsAB****
06-18-2018, 02:03 PM
1990 Baseball, 1990-91 Basketball, 1991 Football - In the Spring of 1990, I took the SAT, figuring I was going to UGA. I had an extra slot for sending scores after UGA and a couple of safety schools and thought "who has a good baseball team?" MSU came to mind. About the time of the CWS, I get a letter from MSU saying I would would be eligible for scholarships and encouraging me to apply - which was more interest than I had gotten from UGA. Applied and got $. So baseball and basketball were my first MSU winning teams, and '91 football was my first on-campus season - so all of those teams stick out to me.

Other than losing to Memphis St that was a pretty damn good team. Beat Texas, OM, barely lost to Bama (shocker)

ChillOutDog
06-18-2018, 02:19 PM
Not my favorite by any stretch but 2010 was personally “fun” in the sense that we scored a ton of runs and hit a ton of bombs while drinking heavily in LFL. Also one of my favorite football teams that fall.

BuckyIsAB****
06-18-2018, 02:25 PM
Not my favorite by any stretch but 2010 was personally “fun” in the sense that we scored a ton of runs and hit a ton of bombs while drinking heavily in LFL. Also one of my favorite football teams that fall.

Shouldve thought about that football team. That year was really a coming out party for us

BrunswickDawg
06-18-2018, 02:44 PM
Shouldve thought about that football team. That year was really a coming out party for us

That was a fun team. That game at UF was the first game I had been to at the Swamp. Best road win I'd been to since Auburn in '91.

tcdog70
06-18-2018, 03:21 PM
basketball-Ricky Brown-Wiley Peck-Al perry-gary Hooker-team. or the Road warriors of Timmy and Lrob
baseball--1971-Duck profitt-Brantley Jones--Dennis Hall best pitching staff ever
Football--the Dak led #1 in the nation Dogs--even thought they choked at the end.

BuckyIsAB****
06-18-2018, 05:37 PM
That was a fun team. That game at UF was the first game I had been to at the Swamp. Best road win I'd been to since Auburn in '91.

That team was a lot better than people realized. We lost to Bama at Bama and at LSU but those 2 were probably top 5 teams in the country but to lose to the eventual natty champs in a game we shouldve won and in 2 OT vs Arkansas on a fumble into the endzone....that team was good

msbulldog
06-18-2018, 05:43 PM
2017 Baseball team= The little choo choo train that could!

Todd4State
06-18-2018, 08:38 PM
1985 MSU baseball. If we win a National Title it could change.

1999 MSU football. The only to top what they did would be to beat Alabama.

2004 MSU basketball.