PDA

View Full Version : Schloss still in play?

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls
06-18-2018, 10:01 AM
Just read on that other message board that this morning Bo Bounds said Schloss is in Omaha telling a bunch of scouts and baseball insiders that he still wants the MSU job. What do y'all make of that?

Dawgology
06-18-2018, 10:09 AM
Just read on that other message board that this morning Bo Bounds said Schloss is in Omaha telling a bunch of scouts and baseball insiders that he still wants the MSU job. What do y'all make of that?

Subterfuge within subterfuge. If he's doing it to increase his raise/contract even more then we probably don't want him. From what I have heard from a very reliable source: Cohen met with Schloss and wife and was apparently hesitant to move forward. Who knows? Maybe playing contract/money games?

Cooterpoot
06-18-2018, 10:10 AM
It's not happening.

Leroy Jenkins
06-18-2018, 10:16 AM
Everyone says "we ain't got no mall... blah, blah... crootin' ". Meanwhile the malls all over the country are closing because of online retailers. So, does it really matter.

Wife indeed.

The Federalist Engineer
06-18-2018, 10:16 AM
One major reason for this, GROUPIES

He talked to Cannizaro about the perks for being the Bulldog skipper. So, he might as well pretend to be the coach for a weekend to see if Lee will give him a text.

He better borrow a burner phone from Hugh Freeze, tho

BuckyIsAB****
06-18-2018, 10:22 AM
I'd say hes still in play along with anyone else who said they werent taking the job. Saban said he wasnt going to Bama multiple times.

What these big coaches say mean about as much as what we post on this site.

MarketingBully
06-18-2018, 10:23 AM
Subterfuge within subterfuge. If he's doing it to increase his raise/contract even more then we probably don't want him. From what I have heard from a very reliable source: Cohen met with Schloss and wife and was apparently hesitant to move forward. Who knows? Maybe playing contract/money games?

He’s not signing a new deal. Would be interesting but I think he’s burnt the bridge with Cohen. Who knows. Never say never I guess.

Cooterpoot
06-18-2018, 10:28 AM
You guys can chase Bo's ratings BS for the week if you want. You'll be disappointed later.

MarketingBully
06-18-2018, 10:32 AM
You guys can chase Bo's ratings BS for the week if you want. You'll be disappointed later.

He did want the job. You can’t dispute that. It’s not hard to connect dots that are laid out right in front of you.

Cooterpoot
06-18-2018, 10:34 AM
He did want the job. You can’t dispute that. It’s not hard to connect dots that are laid out right in front of you.

I know John Cohen isn't hiring him. That's what I was told when I asked about it last week.

ShotgunDawg
06-18-2018, 10:36 AM
He’s not signing a new deal. Would be interesting but I think he’s burnt the bridge with Cohen. Who knows. Never say never I guess.

I have no clue what's going on, but, if Cohen allows his ego to get in the way of hiring the best coach, I'll have a big problem.

When your asking people to uproot their life, sometimes they are indicisive and I don't think you can blame them for that. If our run to Omaha has allowed Schloss to see how special our program is, then great. I don't think we should say 17 him just because

ShotgunDawg
06-18-2018, 10:37 AM
I know John Cohen isn't hiring him. That's what I was told when I asked about it last week.

So Cohen is going to let his ego get in the way of hiring the best coach? Why wouldn't Cohen hire him?

Jack Lambert
06-18-2018, 10:48 AM
I think everyone is in play until the search is over. That includes Henderson.

bostondawg
06-18-2018, 10:52 AM
So Cohen is going to let his ego get in the way of hiring the best coach? Why wouldn't Cohen hire him?

This. I understand that Cohen would be pissed off that Schloss made a public deal of saying he staying at TCU. But it's a lot to ask someone to uproot their life. If he's the best coach available, you go hire him. I'm sure that any damage to their relationship can be repaired. They're grown men.

Cooterpoot
06-18-2018, 10:52 AM

That's not what I said. He's got his reasons and it has nothing to do with ego. And before someone asks, I don't know what those reasons are. I could guess, but that would just be more BS. I specifically asked someone last week because this rumor was already making the rounds. Could it be a full-blown cover-up? Sure. But I doubt it.

Political Hack
06-18-2018, 11:02 AM

I think you're misunderstanding. Sounds more like Cohen wasn't blown away when they met.

DawgPoundtheRock
06-18-2018, 11:24 AM

Honest question: What is the ego statement based on? Do you have inside information or do wyou know Cohen personally or is it more of a gut feel? Not trying to ruffle your feathers, just curious.

TNDawg35
06-18-2018, 11:37 AM
With what we have coming back next yr and maybe Ginn, Schloss could very well walk in Starkville next yr and win a natty. He knows it too. You would have to also think he would bring a couple big time recruits with him.

Something I find odd tho, Schloss was rumored quite heavily to State, Sarloos to Rice. Everyone thought Sarloos was Rice top choice. Then all of a sudden, Sarloos turns Rice down and gets a dang good raise. Then Schloss says he is out of the running yet doesn't sign an extension or anything. Maybe, and just maybe, Cohen told Schloss to shut the 17 up and wait til State is done playing. Maybe that's why Sarloos stayed at TCU. It's not like Sarloos turned down Ark State or a Trmple. Rice is a good program. I'm not sure, just some stuff is odd to me.

I trust Cohen, but please for the love of god don't set us back 10 yrs...

ShotgunDawg
06-18-2018, 11:54 AM
I think you're misunderstanding. Sounds more like Cohen wasn't blown away when they met.

His resume speaks for itself. I could care less what Cohen thought about him when they met. That would be Cohen's ego getting in the way or overthinking it.

Schloss is FAR better baseball coach than Cohen ever was. If he wants the job, you hire him

msstate7
06-18-2018, 11:55 AM
https://s15.postimg.cc/9l7jyucwb/2_F76_CBC7-20_B3-4_CDA-8_F50-9_A02_F32_D3232.jpg (https://postimages.org/)upload picture (https://postimages.org/)

Liverpooldawg
06-18-2018, 12:00 PM

This is probably the correct answer. This stuff is getting downright amusing HERE. Its just a coaching search otherwise. The thing I find REALLY funny is the closer Henderson gets to the title, the shriller about 8-10 people here get. It's just hilarious....and sad at the same time.

Cooterpoot
06-18-2018, 12:02 PM
Some people on here are menstrual type emotional with this search.

sleepy dawg
06-18-2018, 12:03 PM
I have no clue what's going on, but, if Cohen allows his ego to get in the way of hiring the best coach, I'll have a big problem.

When your asking people to uproot their life, sometimes they are indicisive and I don't think you can blame them for that. If our run to Omaha has allowed Schloss to see how special our program is, then great. I don't think we should say 17 him just because

There's no way in hell Cohen operates like that. I would have a big problem with that too, but I ain't buying that.

Liverpooldawg
06-18-2018, 12:04 PM
His resume speaks for itself. I could care less what Cohen thought about him when they met. That would be Cohen's ego getting in the way or overthinking it.

Schloss is FAR better baseball coach than Cohen ever was. If he wants the job, you hire him

Well, Cohen actually got a team to the Final Series, Schloss never has.

msbulldog
06-18-2018, 12:05 PM
Seems to me that if Schloss wants the job, he would be calling JC, instead of running his mouth to other coaches in Omaha. Unless there was a reason he wasn't comfortable calling Cohen.

msstate7
06-18-2018, 12:07 PM
Seems to me that if Schloss wants the job, he would be calling JC, instead of running his mouth to other coaches in Omaha. Unless there was a reason he wasn't comfortable calling Cohen.

Nah, best way to get the job is telling random fans over shots in a bar or whatever

DownwardDawg
06-18-2018, 12:07 PM
Some people on here are menstrual type emotional with this search.

I agree. It's hilarious!

smootness
06-18-2018, 12:10 PM
Here's the deal on Henderson: there are almost certainly better candidates that we can hire. What he's done this year is remarkable, yet we've already seen what he can do with his own program. That said, nothing should be taken away from the job he's done this year. It is great and we owe him a lot of appreciation for that. And if we somehow win the whole thing, he will deserve a statue. And honestly, at that point, I won't be nearly as upset if he gets the job - not because I would think he would suddenly be a better candidate but because after winning a title, I'll be ok with 4-5 years of mediocrity.

msstate7
06-18-2018, 12:19 PM
Here's the deal on Henderson: there are almost certainly better candidates that we can hire. What he's done this year is remarkable, yet we've already seen what he can do with his own program. That said, nothing should be taken away from the job he's done this year. It is great and we owe him a lot of appreciation for that. And if we somehow win the whole thing, he will deserve a statue. And honestly, at that point, I won't be nearly as upset if he gets the job - not because I would think he would suddenly be a better candidate but because after winning a title, I'll be ok with 4-5 years of mediocrity.

I have been painted as pro-Henderson for the job, but it isn't true. You worded by thoughts exactly. I just really hate for Henderson to be run down here for no reason. How many times have we as fans quit on this team? I quit several. It would've been very easy for Henderson to pack it in when we were 14-15 (2-7), but he didn't. I respect the hell out of that. This team had no business being a 2-seed after our disastrous start, much less with a win under our belts in the CWS. This whole staff and team deserve a major thumbs up, and Henderson (like him or not) is the head of the operation. Outstanding, Henderson, staff, and team. I still want to go another direction though

06-18-2018, 12:21 PM

About the best summation of the situation I've seen yet

dawgs
06-18-2018, 12:22 PM

I'd be so ****ing pissed if we win a natty and then squander all the momentum with 4-5 years of ~35 Ws, 2 or 3 seeds in regionals, and road regional Ls. If/when we win a natty, we should be able to immediately restock the program with better players and pushed for multiple natty runs.

msstate7
06-18-2018, 12:24 PM
I'd be so ****ing pissed if we win a natty and then squander all the momentum with 4-5 years of ~35 Ws, 2 or 3 seeds in regionals, and road regional Ls. If/when we win a natty, we should be able to immediately restock the program with better players and pushed for multiple natty runs.

We have never won a natty. I'll be happy while you mad

dawgs
06-18-2018, 12:26 PM
Well, Cohen actually got a team to the Final Series, Schloss never has.

Short of actually winning a natty, I'd prefer multiple CWS trips over a relatively short period of time over 1 CWS finals appearance, but otherwise spend our postseasons losing in regionals and super regionals before and after it. The more often you are in the CWS, the better chance that eventually you'll catch the breaks and win the whole damn thing. If you are only going once every 5 years or so, then you have to put all your eggs in 1 basket and hope guys without CWS experience can pull it off.

Cooterpoot
06-18-2018, 12:29 PM
I want the best coach available for our job. I was hoping for Schloss or McDonnell but knew that wasn't likely. I think the way this has gone, Cohen needs it to end well. We can't have another coach that finishes around 5th-10th and goes to the CWS every so often. That's our past. We need to be looking for more. I don't know who it's going to be but it better work out.

msbulldog
06-18-2018, 12:30 PM
Dawgs is right, if we win be prepared to take advantage in recruiting and let's start becoming the Blue Blood most of our fans think we are. I have been a fan truly for 50+ years and have never seen a NC.

smootness
06-18-2018, 12:32 PM

I'm not saying that's what I want, I'm just saying that's the only scenario in which I won't be all that upset...because at that point nothing will be able to make me all that upset.

KOdawg1
06-18-2018, 12:34 PM
This is probably the correct answer. This stuff is getting downright amusing HERE. Its just a coaching search otherwise. The thing I find REALLY funny is the closer Henderson gets to the title, the shriller about 8-10 people here get. It's just hilarious....and sad at the same time.

The closer we get to a title, the happier I am as an MSU fan, regardless of who the coach is. That doesn't mean I want GH as our head coach of the future though.

I can cheer on the team, including GH, and want a different coach next year at the same time. That is an option.

dawgs
06-18-2018, 12:36 PM

I mean, you can't take a natty away, but if in 2021 we are stumbling to 35 Ws and a 2 or 3 seed again after similar seasons in 2019 and 2020, you'll be frustrated too. No one will be sitting there "oh this is fine cause we had 2018! I'm not at all frustrated by our inability to use 2018 to catapult us into the top tier of programs!".

StateDawg44
06-18-2018, 12:37 PM
Everyone says "we ain't got no mall... blah, blah... crootin' ". Meanwhile the malls all over the country are closing because of online retailers. So, does it really matter.

Wife indeed.

Pretty sure it's not the fact that there isn't actually a mall built in Starkville.

It's more that the town/area likely isn't populated or large enough to support a mall. I would think before all of them started closing like you said, a mall would be one of the first things built in a town that was large enough to support it or that was beginning to grow.

06-18-2018, 12:43 PM

haha, yeah man, I guess we'll be all by our lonesome in that boat, according to these posters

We'll be happy as mfers though

BuckyIsAB****
06-18-2018, 12:48 PM
Can we just let the season end (could end in a natty) before we beat the shit out of each other over it

Lord McBuckethead
06-18-2018, 12:52 PM

I thought the news about Schloss was to calm the discussion, when all the boards were going overboard. Not a surprise to hear stuff like this given the overall situation.

Lord McBuckethead
06-18-2018, 12:56 PM

Exactly. You can take every comment by every prospect with the smallest grain of salt there is. Everyone is available until we pull the trigger on someone. At least, that is how I look at it. Let's just win the game today and worry about all this two weeks from now.

We win today, someone has to beat us twice to get to the finals. Need to get the win today, rest our staff, and get the analytics ready for small to pitch again.

1bigdawg
06-18-2018, 01:10 PM

Cohen has done a good job. Maybe they talked and he said something that made Cohen think he would not succeed here. I am happy with the Moorhead hire and am going to trust Cohen on this also.

dawgs
06-18-2018, 01:31 PM
haha, yeah man, I guess we'll be all by our lonesome in that boat, according to these posters

We'll be happy as mfers though

No one is saying that won't celebrate the shit out of a natty. But I want to build a program regularly winning or at least putting itself in position to win natties, not a flash in the pan that wins one as a 2 seed that caught fire at the right time, but then goes along never really becoming a regular contender. In no way should we sacrifice the potential to build a dominant program because we "owe" it to Henderson to let him run the ship after our 2018.

06-18-2018, 01:45 PM
No one is saying that won't celebrate the shit out of a natty. But I want to build a program regularly winning or at least putting itself in position to win natties, not a flash in the pan that wins one as a 2 seed that caught fire at the right time, but then goes along never really becoming a regular contender. In no way should we sacrifice the potential to build a dominant program because we "owe" it to Henderson to let him run the ship after our 2018.

You misunderstand what a natty would do for MSU. If we finally got that done, support for the program would absolutely explode. That would help recruiting as much as any coach's sales tactic, half the time, that IS their sales tactic here

That's literally all the spark we need.....talk about throwing a match on a gasoline truck

If we win this thing next week, the rumble from TD Ameritrade might register on the Richter scale

Cooterpoot
06-18-2018, 02:03 PM
If we hire Schloss, this whole thing was already done and they just lifted the heat for awhile. I believe the person that told me we aren't hiring him, but maybe he's in the dark or covering some ass too. But he said again at lunch, not happening. There's some kind of sticking point (no, not ego) that he doesn't believe will change.
Screw it. I'm just ready to watch us play tonight. We can play this coaching search hide and seek crap later.

Dawgology
06-18-2018, 02:56 PM
If we hire Schloss, this whole thing was already done and they just lifted the heat for awhile. I believe the person that told me we aren't hiring him, but maybe he's in the dark or covering some ass too. But he said again at lunch, not happening. There's some kind of sticking point (no, not ego) that he doesn't believe will change.
Screw it. I'm just ready to watch us play tonight. We can play this coaching search hide and seek crap later.

This. When Supers started I kind of forgot we were even looking for a coach.

Turfdawg67
06-18-2018, 03:30 PM
I love it... we win the Natty, Henderson "retires", we hire Schloss, he has a decent career, Polkesque... but never wins State another title. These same boobs will be lamenting that we got rid of our only Natty winning coach.

dawgs
06-18-2018, 03:50 PM
You misunderstand what a natty would do for MSU. If we finally got that done, support for the program would absolutely explode. That would help recruiting as much as any coach's sales tactic, half the time, that IS their sales tactic here

That's literally all the spark we need.....talk about throwing a match on a gasoline truck

If we win this thing next week, the rumble from TD Ameritrade might register on the Richter scale

We still have to have the right coach to fully capitalize on the momentum and turn that into sustained levels of excellence (hosting regionals most years, National seed a lot of those years, regular Omaha trips).

MagicDawg
06-18-2018, 04:09 PM
I will be well and truly pi$$ed if we hire Schlossnagle after I bet all that vcash and had to depend on the kindness of Scooba to cancel a bet I would've won big playing the long game none of us suspected.

Forget our baseball program's future for a second and think about my vcash! This goose chase of a coaching search is causing completely legitimate, absolutely real virtual stress on a meaningless fantasy number under my name.

How are any of us supposed to live like this? It's like a dang pressure cooker.

Pit Bull
06-18-2018, 04:23 PM

Absolutely not....good try though.

Liverpooldawg
06-18-2018, 04:56 PM
I love it... we win the Natty, Henderson "retires", we hire Schloss, he has a decent career, Polkesque... but never wins State another title. These same boobs will be lamenting that we got rid of our only Natty winning coach.

Yep.

sleepy dawg
06-18-2018, 06:12 PM
I will be well and truly pi$$ed if we hire Schlossnagle after I bet all that vcash and had to depend on the kindness of Scooba to cancel a bet I would've won big playing the long game none of us suspected.

Forget our baseball program's future for a second and think about my vcash! This goose chase of a coaching search is causing completely legitimate, absolutely real virtual stress on a meaningless fantasy number under my name.

How are any of us supposed to live like this? It's like a dang pressure cooker.

Hey, I bet on the field. How do you think I feel?

crackerjax
06-18-2018, 06:21 PM
Why is it assumed Hendu would have the same long-term success here as he had at UK where nobody cares about baseball and it?s hard to recruit?

If State wins it all this year, would a new coach be able to use that as effectively in recruiting as the coach who actually won it?

Would the players coming back really buy in for a new coach if the one who led them to a natty gets let go?

If we win the title and then fire Hendu, it would damage our reputation in the baseball world far more than keeping him around and not making it back to Omaha for the next two or three years. And who?s to say he wouldn?t?

Ezsoil
06-18-2018, 06:21 PM
I?m in Omaha and I heard that Schloss was not offered the job as he was more concerned about country clubs and houses than the future of the program. What I understand it was determined it was not a good fit.....

ShotgunDawg
06-18-2018, 06:27 PM
I?m in Omaha and I heard that Schloss was not offered the job as he was more concerned about country clubs and houses than the future of the program. What I understand it was determined it was not a good fit.....

BS. Schloss does not play golf.

I am 100% positive of this. So him wanting a country club membership wouldn't make much sense unless it was for him family. If so, I'm sure that wouldn't stand in the way of us hiring 1 million dollar employee

smootness
06-18-2018, 06:30 PM
Why is it assumed Hendu would have the same long-term success here as he had at UK where nobody cares about baseball and it?s hard to recruit?

If State wins it all this year, would a new coach be able to use that as effectively in recruiting as the coach who actually won it?

Would the players coming back really buy in for a new coach if the one who led them to a natty gets let go?

If we win the title and then fire Hendu, it would damage our reputation in the baseball world far more than keeping him around and not making it back to Omaha for the next two or three years. And who?s to say he wouldn?t?

He had less success than Cohen at UK. So it?s a pretty good bet he would also have less success than Cohen did here.

Cooterpoot
06-18-2018, 06:37 PM
Schloss ain’t happening. Y’all can move on to McDonnell now.

msstate7
06-18-2018, 06:37 PM
He had less success than Cohen at UK. So it?s a pretty good bet he would also have less success than Cohen did here.

I would like to see the number of draft picks cohen's last year at Kentucky and the following 2 years. Do you or anyone have any idea of the talent level Cohen left? Cohen is known to strike out over mlb draft and plug holes with reaches at times

msstate7
06-18-2018, 06:38 PM
Schloss ain’t happening. Y’all can move on to McDonnell now.

I think there's still time to crank up the rumor mill for McDonnell and schloss a couple more times

dawgs
06-18-2018, 06:39 PM

He also had less success than our other top candidates like schloss and McDonnell and Corbin and Tadlock have had at programs with a similar level of disinterest in college baseball.

msstate7
06-18-2018, 06:43 PM
He also had less success than our other top candidates like schloss and McDonnell and Corbin and Tadlock have had at programs with a similar level of disinterest in college baseball.

McDonnell is more than fair of a comparison. Vandy may not have a lot of fan support, but certainly admin help (scholarships and Corbin contract money). Tcu has unbelievable local talent

Turfdawg67
06-18-2018, 06:45 PM
BS. Schloss does not play golf.

I am 100% positive of this. So him wanting a country club membership wouldn't make much sense unless it was for him family. If so, I'm sure that wouldn't stand in the way of us hiring 1 million dollar employee

There's a lot more to do at country clubs than golf... especially for spouses.

somebodyshotmypaw
06-18-2018, 06:46 PM

I'm glad somebody on this board understands hiring/firing, business, and employee/coaching searches. This is exactly correct.

RocketDawg
06-18-2018, 07:00 PM
There's a lot more to do at country clubs than golf... especially for spouses.

Isn't an Old Waverly membership included for all coaches? The cost is peanuts compared to their salaries.

bobcat91
06-18-2018, 07:28 PM
Schloss ain?t happening. Y?all can move on to McDonnell now.

Then who is the new coach? If you know who it is not, then tell us who it is. Everyone has sources. Some good, some not so much. So if your source says Schlossnagle is out, then who is in. The lazy assumption is either Butch or Henderson. Give me a name.

Cooterpoot
06-18-2018, 07:35 PM
Why would I know who is being hired? I just pass along the info I’m given. But it’s known there was an issue with Schloss that killed the deal. So I’d say it could be anybody not Schloss. If I’m wrong, then my source sucks. Won’t be the first or last time. But I believe him. He could’ve changed his tune and didn’t.

bobcat91
06-18-2018, 07:54 PM
Steve said we talked with Schlossnagle very recently after he reached out through a third party. Sounds like it was in the past few days. That much is known, so if it's a dead deal, that's news to Steve.

bobcat91
06-18-2018, 07:55 PM
And I gave no idea who Cohen is or isnt talking to at this point. I only know at one time Schlossnagle was the main guy.

Cooterpoot
06-18-2018, 08:13 PM
Well, we’ll see how it goes. I don’t doubt he contacted us if Steve says so. But I still believe there’s a sticking point. I mean, we all heard rumors. Maybe they were more than rumors. I don’t know. I’m just sticking with what my guy says.

MarketingBully
06-18-2018, 08:28 PM
Well if we don’t win tonight. We will find out soon enough. To me, Oregon State is the best team in this tournament and it’s not close. Tonight’s game is a must win. We won’t beat OSU on Wednesday.

Cowbell
06-18-2018, 10:08 PM
I just wanna see an actual quote from Schloss that publicly was made, by him, turning us down. Not Kendall freaking tweeting what he's heard. Maybe I'm out of the loop on this so someone please post a source that verifies this. Otherwise, smokescreen...

Todd4State
06-18-2018, 10:25 PM
I just wanna see an actual quote from Schloss that publicly was made, by him, turning us down. Not Kendall freaking tweeting what he's heard. Maybe I'm out of the loop on this so someone please post a source that verifies this. Otherwise, smokescreen...

As you are saying or even along those lines even if he said no that doesn't mean a lot until our search is actually over. Saban said no several times.

If Schlossnagle is indeed telling people that he still wants our job it makes me wonder what his angle is. More money, possibly given an ultimatum by TCU where if he didn't commit they would fire him and he couldn't take that chance with some loose ends on our end of the table, maybe we're not interested and he is. There could be a number of things.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Hopefully a few days after a National Championship parade.

preachermatt83
06-18-2018, 10:45 PM

Ha. Ain?t no doubt abt that bro. If Schloss wants the job you say ?ok, how much do I make the check out for??

preachermatt83
06-18-2018, 10:48 PM
Here is one absolute fact that I have concluded.. nobody and I mean nobody on this board or otherwise has a single clue about anything or anybody involved with this search. Me included. Both things I thought I knew I heard from ppl I though knew but they didn?t know. Ya know? Lol. Cohen is only one who knows squat.

preachermatt83
06-18-2018, 10:50 PM
I have been painted as pro-Henderson for the job, but it isn't true. You worded by thoughts exactly. I just really hate for Henderson to be run down here for no reason. How many times have we as fans quit on this team? I quit several. It would've been very easy for Henderson to pack it in when we were 14-15 (2-7), but he didn't. I respect the hell out of that. This team had no business being a 2-seed after our disastrous start, much less with a win under our belts in the CWS. This whole staff and team deserve a major thumbs up, and Henderson (like him or not) is the head of the operation. Outstanding, Henderson, staff, and team. I still want to go another direction though

This is a good post

preachermatt83
06-18-2018, 10:52 PM
The closer we get to a title, the happier I am as an MSU fan, regardless of who the coach is. That doesn't mean I want GH as our head coach of the future though.

I can cheer on the team, including GH, and want a different coach next year at the same time. That is an option.

Agree completely

preachermatt83
06-18-2018, 10:56 PM
Cohen has done a good job. Maybe they talked and he said something that made Cohen think he would not succeed here. I am happy with the Moorhead hire and am going to trust Cohen on this also.

I?m optimistic about the Moorhead hire but we haven?t seen him coach a game yet. I?m gonna withhold judgement until we see him coach a little.

preachermatt83
06-18-2018, 11:06 PM
You won’t find it.. all you will find is Kendall’s tweet and some message board rumors abt something Schloss said at an alumni function. What do ppl think he’s gonna say at an alumni event?

Really Clark?
06-18-2018, 11:18 PM

He confirmed that he pulled his name to the Star-Telegraph but declined to comment. So you won?t find a direct quote just a confirmation from him to the news report

DawgFromOxford
06-18-2018, 11:30 PM
Schloss ain?t happening. Y?all can move on to McDonnell now.

Let's do it. "Just read on that other message board that this morning Bo Bounds said *McDonnell* is in Omaha telling a bunch of scouts and baseball insiders that he still wants the MSU job. What do y'all make of that?" **

DownwardDawg
06-19-2018, 08:17 AM
Let's do it. "Just read on that other message board that this morning Bo Bounds said *McDonnell* is in Omaha telling a bunch of scouts and baseball insiders that he still wants the MSU job. What do y'all make of that?" **

I like it!!!! Only problem is, I just talked to my BFF, who is John Cohens BFF. He assured me that Corbin is begging for the job. Says there is just too much going on in Nashville for him and his wife. He’s ready for a change! *****

AlSwearengen
06-19-2018, 08:42 AM
If we end up with Schlossnagle (I refuse to get my hopes up) then we need to worry about the CIA coming after the IB (to hire him for covert operations).