PDA

View Full Version : Monday's CWS slate...

CadaverDawg
06-17-2018, 10:44 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm pulling HARD for Washington Monday afternoon. Would love to see OSU out plus a Dawg win tomorrow night. Go Huskies.

And I'm loving Florida being down right now. My perfect scenario is Washington knocking out OSU and then UNC after we beat them...then us beating Washington to go to the finals. And in the finals, give me anybody but Arkansas at the moment.

Commercecomet24
06-17-2018, 10:57 PM
I like that scenario. Arky maybe the best hitting team in this thing. They can rake.

Pit Bull
06-17-2018, 11:05 PM
Cracks in Florida's foundation started showing up in the weekend series at Miss.State.

preachermatt83
06-17-2018, 11:10 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm pulling HARD for Washington Monday afternoon. Would love to see OSU out plus a Dawg win tomorrow night. Go Huskies.

And I'm loving Florida being down right now. My perfect scenario is Washington knocking out OSU and then UNC after we beat them...then us beating Washington to go to the finals. And in the finals, give me anybody but Arkansas at the moment.

Agree completely

preachermatt83
06-17-2018, 11:11 PM
Cracks in Florida's foundation started showing up in the weekend series at Miss.State.

Sure did.

Cooterpoot
06-18-2018, 02:22 AM
Injuries have hurt FL.

Dawg61
06-18-2018, 02:37 AM

Go Huskies!!

msbulldog
06-18-2018, 06:37 AM
Injuries have hurt FL.

Couldn't happen to a better coach!

MarketingBully
06-18-2018, 07:15 AM
I want it to be us vs Texas Tech in the finals. Would be a fun championship series.

MarketingBully
06-18-2018, 07:18 AM
So if we win tonight, would you pitch France or Billingsley on Friday to setup your starting rotation for the championship series? I probably would pitch Billingsley. Was very very dumb for Cohen to pitch Graveman on that Friday and probably cost us the national championship in 2013.

BrunswickDawg
06-18-2018, 07:30 AM
So if we win tonight, would you pitch France or Billingsley on Friday to setup your starting rotation for the championship series? I probably would pitch Billingsley. Was very very dumb for Cohen to pitch Graveman on that Friday and probably cost us the national championship in 2013.

I'd go with Billingsley, but have a short hook with France standing in the bullpen ready to go the whole game.

Todd4State
06-18-2018, 07:50 AM

France and then Billingsley in an elimination game. I just trust him more than JB.

BulldogDX55
06-18-2018, 08:04 AM
France and then Billingsley in an elimination game. I just trust him more than JB.

Agreed. If the one inning he pitched is any indication, he brought his stuff to Omaha.

Jack Lambert
06-18-2018, 08:08 AM
Couldn't happen to a better coach!

Seems like that is everyone's excuse. Miss Sate seems to get stronger with adversity.

Political Hack
06-18-2018, 09:16 AM
Arkansas' kids look like they're barely swinging and the ball goes 500'.

bostondawg
06-18-2018, 09:29 AM
Amazingly, of the first 4 games, 3/4 outcomes that were best for MSU happened (Arky winning is the exception). Arkansas is really damn good. I'm glad they aren't on our side of the bracket.

bostondawg
06-18-2018, 09:35 AM

Damn, I just realized that you don't get to reset your starting pitching before the finals. I thought for some reason that the finals were next weekend, so that both teams got to reset their staff. But of course that's not how it is--that killed us in 2013 if I recall correctly.

Anyway, my take: if we win tonight, wouldn't it be best to go France on Friday and then Ethan Small on Saturday if we need it? If our backs are against the wall on Saturday I'd want our best pitcher on the mound. No point in saving him for the championship series if we don't make it there, right?

06-18-2018, 10:23 AM

I'd rather Flarrda stay in it, they aren't playing well, plus they'll already won a title, so them winning another doesn't phase me

Arkansas would suck a lot worse, nowhere near Ole Miss level, but still would suck, and right now they have to be the favorite

Cooterpoot
06-18-2018, 10:32 AM
I'm with you 5049. I hate Arkansas. But, look at what the right coach has done for them. A traditional power who fell off and is now back again as the favorite to win it. Here's to hoping we find the right coach like they did.