PDA

View Full Version : Pilkington vs. their #3 guy tomorrow

06-17-2018, 09:19 PM
We have to get it done. If we don't, we don't deserve a shot at the title

On the other side of the bracket, Arkansas looking very stout. Most of the pundits are saying both they and UNC have the 'look' of a title-winning team, and I can't disagree

CadaverDawg
06-17-2018, 09:27 PM
Who is UNC throwing? Is he a RHP or LHP

bostondawg
06-17-2018, 09:30 PM
Who has been their #3 guy? Looking at their schedule it looks like they've started a lot of different guys on Sunday. Brett Daniels? Josh Hiatt? Isn't Tyler Baum supposed to be good?

bostondawg
06-17-2018, 09:34 PM
In their SR, they threw Cooper Criswell (pitched yesterday) in game 1 and Caden O'Brien in game 2. I don't think O'Brien pitched yesterday.

06-17-2018, 10:01 PM

Austin Bergner, right hander, just going by the last few series and the regional

Looks like he and Criswell, who closed their game yesterday, were 1-2 for most of the year then this Dilatri dude came on at the end of the year

06-17-2018, 10:03 PM
In their SR, they threw Cooper Criswell (pitched yesterday) in game 1 and Caden O'Brien in game 2. I don't think O'Brien pitched yesterday.
O'Brienn threw 26 pitches yesterday

CadaverDawg
06-17-2018, 10:26 PM
Austin Bergner, right hander, just going by the last few series and the regional

Looks like he and Criswell, who closed their game yesterday, were 1-2 for most of the year then this Dilatri dude came on at the end of the year

Good. A righty. Keep Jake and Rowdey on the left side. I'd love to see us switch it up and start Hatcher at DH vs the RHP

Commercecomet24
06-17-2018, 10:30 PM
Good. A righty. Keep Jake and Rowdey on the left side. I'd love to see us switch it up and start Hatcher at DH vs the RHP

Yep definitely prefer us facing righty's. Jake, Rowdey and Allen all in a row at the top.

The Federalist Engineer
06-17-2018, 10:35 PM
UNC does not seem to be a "starter" focused team, they seem to throw everybody most of the time. Stats show really low innings, even for starters

Pit Bull
06-18-2018, 04:06 AM

On the other side of the bracket, Arkansas looking very stout. Most of the pundits are saying both they and UNC have the 'look' of a title-winning team, and I can't disagree

So MSU's #2 vs UNC's #3......should be about equal I suppose. We still have to outhit UNC to beat them. If we go 8+ innings before we score like vs Washington, that won't cut it.

msbulldog
06-18-2018, 06:30 AM

Austin Bergner to the mound. He's 7-2 in 12 starts with a 4.28 ERA.

MarketingBully
06-18-2018, 07:23 AM
This is going to be a 8-10 run game. I like our pitching better then theirs but they are a great hitting team. With that said, they got about 4 runs of their 8 on OSU mistakes. If we can play defensively like we did on Saturday, we have a really good chance in this game. We absolutely need to win this game because I have a feeling we are going to see OSU if we make it to the bracket final.

MarketingBully
06-18-2018, 07:25 AM
So MSU's #2 vs UNC's #3......should be about equal I suppose. We still have to outhit UNC to beat them. If we go 8+ innings before we score like vs Washington, that won't cut it.

North Carolina has no one like DeMers on their pitching staff.

Jack Lambert
06-18-2018, 07:59 AM
North Carolina has no one like DeMers on their pitching staff.

and we had a lot of contact on DeMers.

MarketingBully
06-18-2018, 08:01 AM
and we had a lot of contact on DeMers.

If I was Washington, I’d throw DeMers today as well. He only pitched what 76 pitches?

msudawglb
06-18-2018, 09:13 AM
Austin Bergner to the mound. He's 7-2 in 12 starts with a 4.28 ERA.

He's definitely not intimidating. He's only pitched 20 innings since April 28th and he's given up 12 runs in those 20 innings. He's only pitched thus far in the regionals against Houston (5.2 innings) and Stetson (0.1 innings).

louisvilledawg
06-18-2018, 09:16 AM

I love Hatcher and think he'll be good for us. I think his swing gets too long sometimes, though.

Also, what position does he project to for next year? We have our outfield locked in with Mangum, Mac, Jordan. Seems like Allen has locked up 1st base. Hatcher is left handed so will he just platoon at 1st/DH?

06-18-2018, 10:06 AM
I love Hatcher and think he'll be good for us. I think his swing gets too long sometimes, though.

Also, what position does he project to for next year? We have our outfield locked in with Mangum, Mac, Jordan. Seems like Allen has locked up 1st base. Hatcher is left handed so will he just platoon at 1st/DH?

Hatcher will probably be the DH, at least against RHP. I suspect Stovall will go pro, which opens up a spot on the INF for either Westburg, or Jordan to move (he's an INF by trade). Are we for certain that Alexander and McNamee are back? I've heard conflicting stories. You also have that Gunner Halter guys coming in from JUCO who might take a spot

Either way I do think Jordan Anderson is the CF in 2020, and Hatcher the RF. If they don't transfer. Hatcher's a very talented hitter, I think it will be hard to keep him off the field in some capacity, people forget he was arguably our biggest signee, and was an opening day starter

The Federalist Engineer
06-18-2018, 10:21 AM

I think we need to use Jordan Anderson at DH. Total X factor. The kid is motivated to perform.

Plus, this is a big park. It's perfect for the more athletic player.

Anderson has yet to show me anything to make me understand why he gets no playing time. Certainly not the play of Tanner Poole, Hatcher batting, or Westburg batting.

06-18-2018, 11:06 AM
I think we need to use Jordan Anderson at DH. Total X factor. The kid is motivated to perform.

Anderson has yet to show me anything to make me understand why he gets no playing time. Certainly not the play of Tanner Poole, Hatcher batting, or Westburg batting.

Anderson has been totally lost at the plate, he's not ready, not sure which team you've been watching

His role this year is as a pinch runner and he's doing fine with it

sleepy dawg
06-18-2018, 12:09 PM

I've never in my life heard the statement "If we don't do ____________ we don't even deserve to be playing anymore" as I have this year with this team. So if we lose tonight, then win out, we didn't deserve to win? Can y'all please stop saying that sh*t?

06-18-2018, 12:14 PM
I've never in my life heard the statement "If we don't do ____________ we don't even deserve to be playing anymore" as I have this year with this team. So if we lose tonight, then win out, we didn't deserve to win? Can y'all please stop saying that sh*t?

We've gotten our share of luck this postseason, so when it shines favorably on you, have to keep getting it done - that's the point

Try not to get so rattled so easily

Dawg61
06-18-2018, 12:18 PM

I like Anderson but benching Rally Banana is blasphemy

mstatefan91
06-18-2018, 12:22 PM

It's a pretty dumb statement for sure