PDA

View Full Version : Who would or should we want to win today?........

Pit Bull
06-17-2018, 02:14 PM
....I have no idea other than we know Florida and Arkansas very well and have beaten them. So, I would assume our confidence to compete and beat UF or ARK is probably a bit higher than the unknown in Texas or T.Tech. However, that being said......our focus should really only be those TarFeet boys from the tobacco state. UNC is a very good base hitting team top to bottom and will put nonstop pressure on our pitchers the whole game. I sure hope Pilk has the game of his lifetime!!

Jarius
06-17-2018, 02:18 PM
We need Florida and Arkansas to get put out IMO. The other 2 aren’t as talented.

msstate7
06-17-2018, 02:20 PM
We need Florida and Arkansas to get put out IMO. The other 2 aren’t as talented.

I agree. We are 6-0 vs them though

klong-dog
06-17-2018, 02:27 PM
Yeah I'd rather not have to face another SEC opponent for the NC.

shoeless joe
06-17-2018, 02:27 PM
I can't pull for Texas or Florida so that makes it a couple easy choices

Pit Bull
06-17-2018, 02:29 PM
If Blaine Knight is not pitching, Arkansas seems kind of average to me. BTW, did he pitch in our series in Vegas? He is undefeated yet we swept them. Either he didn't throw against us or he was pulled and wasn't charged with the loss. He's one of the best righthanders in college baseball.

KOdawg1
06-17-2018, 02:31 PM
If I had to pick a team from that side of the bracket to play, it'd be Texas Tech

msstate7
06-17-2018, 02:33 PM
If Blaine Knight is not pitching, Arkansas seems kind of average to me. BTW, did he pitch in our series in Vegas? He is undefeated yet we swept them. Either he didn't throw against us or he was pulled and wasn't charged with the loss. He's one of the best righthanders in college baseball.

He pitched. We came back late to win

dawgs
06-17-2018, 02:40 PM

Yeah but having to beat them 5 out of 6 for the season to win a natty wouldn't be easy.

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 02:43 PM
Texas Tech, Arkansas, or Texas because they have the least Omaha experience.

Jarius
06-17-2018, 02:52 PM

Yea, we can beat anyone in this tourney. I still think it would be easier against tech or Texas.

shoeless joe
06-17-2018, 02:53 PM
Can't decide what is worse....Clemens' sportsmanship or his hairdo. Apple definitely didn't fall far from that tree in either instance

IMissJack
06-17-2018, 03:10 PM
Personally, I want Ark and FL to lose.

Commercecomet24
06-17-2018, 03:18 PM
Can't decide what is worse....Clemens' sportsmanship or his hairdo. Apple definitely didn't fall far from that tree in either instance

Lol good one! Both are awful IMO,

IMissJack
06-17-2018, 03:22 PM
Seems to be a lot of hog fans there.

bostondawg
06-17-2018, 03:51 PM
I'm not sure you can make an argument about which of those teams is "best." But I think we recruit more directly against Arkansas and Florida, being in the SEC. So I'm rooting against them I suppose.

DawgFromOxford
06-17-2018, 04:46 PM
If we get to that point, I'd rather face Texas or Texas Tech. Beating Florida or Arkansas in another series almost seems impossible in my mind. The last thing I want is for us to go in overconfident against a team looking for revenge.

06-17-2018, 05:45 PM
Texas Tech, Arkansas, or Texas because they have the least Omaha experience.

Wtf?

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 07:22 PM
Wtf?

Teams with CWS experience have a much higher chance of winning the National Championship.

Dawg61
06-17-2018, 07:27 PM
Team ERA

Arkansas 29th
Florida 33rd
Texas 103rd
TTech 106th

I'm rooting for the Texas teams although I can't stand the Clemons kid

Dawg61
06-17-2018, 07:28 PM
Wtf?

Not history of the program. The 1955 Texas world series team or whatever year long ago doesn't help this year's Texas team. Last year's NC Florida team still has many players on it.

RocketDawg
06-17-2018, 09:36 PM
Team ERA

Arkansas 29th
Florida 33rd
Texas 103rd
TTech 106th

I'm rooting for the Texas teams although I can't stand the Clemons kid

I haven't been watching the other game ... is that Roger Clemens' kid?

RocketDawg
06-17-2018, 09:38 PM
Just turned to the Florida/Texas Tech game. Low scoring (or no scoring actually) affair like ours was last night.

Does the scoreboard show Florida Seminoles and Texas Tech Longhorns?

Dawg61
06-17-2018, 09:51 PM
I haven't been watching the other game ... is that Roger Clemens' kid?

It is and Roger is in the stands usually cheering his son on. He has another son in the minors with the Blue Jays.

Mobile Bay
06-17-2018, 10:03 PM
**** FLORIDA, **** JUDAS ISCARIOT STRICKLIN, AND **** DOPEY DAN MUFFIN. LETS GO RED RAIDERS!

RocketDawg
06-17-2018, 10:05 PM
It is and Roger is in the stands usually cheering his son on. He has another son in the minors with the Blue Jays.

Roger was quite a pitcher. I guess controversial but still one of the best.

RocketDawg
06-17-2018, 10:11 PM
The announcer in the center ... Chris Burke ... looks like Fred Couples.

And Ben McDonald, after the first balk, said the pitcher was "fixin' to" do something. You don't often hear that on air ....

shoeless joe
06-17-2018, 10:16 PM

IMO the entire back half of his career, once he went to Toronto, is tainted and really calls into question all the stats that would make him "quite the pitcher".

The one instance that sticks out to me is him coming back on 1 or no days rest and throwing 5 innings in game 5 against Atlanta that eventually led to the Chris Burke walk off. No doubt the steroids allowed him to recover and maintain his stuff in that situation.

Dawg61
06-17-2018, 10:55 PM

He's one of the best I've ever seen. Definitely HOF. They should let all those guys in under a different section. Teach people about the steroid era don't just ignore it or avoid it. MLB is every bit as guilty as the players.

shoeless joe
06-17-2018, 10:58 PM
He's one of the best I've ever seen. Definitely HOF. They should let all those guys in under a different section. Teach people about the steroid era don't just ignore it or avoid it. MLB is every bit as guilty as the players.

MLB may have allowed the environment but each individual player is responsible for their own actions. There are HOF guys from that era that did not get on the juice. I know a lot if not most guys were using but that does not excuse it IMO. Especially when someone's HOF ability was specifically enhanced by their use.

msstate7
06-17-2018, 11:08 PM
Clemons had a 76.9 career fWAR at Boston. He was headed to HOF before steriods. He used them though, so he should not be admitted or given an asterisk

shoeless joe
06-17-2018, 11:12 PM
Clemons had a 76.9 career fWAR at Boston. He was headed to HOF before steriods. He used them though, so he should not be admitted or given an asterisk

You're rite. Much like bonds in that regard

Dawg61
06-17-2018, 11:13 PM
MLB may have allowed the environment but each individual player is responsible for their own actions. There are HOF guys from that era that did not get on the juice. I know a lot if not most guys were using but that does not excuse it IMO. Especially when someone's HOF ability was specifically enhanced by their use.

When all the hitters are using roids and your MLB career literally depends on you getting them out or you lose millions and a job I don't think it's fair to punish the pitchers when MLB first encouraged it after the strike and was actively looking the other way because the long ball was bringing back the fans. It is so obvious MLB wanted it to happen but didn't expect to get such a backlash and for the hitters to be hitting 65 homeruns a year.

preachermatt83
06-17-2018, 11:20 PM
Tx Tech can flat out smash.

shoeless joe
06-17-2018, 11:21 PM
When all the hitters are using roids and your MLB career literally depends on you getting them out or you lose millions and a job I don't think it's fair to punish the pitchers when MLB first encouraged it after the strike and was actively looking the other way because the long ball was bringing back the fans. It is so obvious MLB wanted it to happen but didn't expect to get such a backlash and for the hitters to be hitting 65 homeruns a year.

A lot of guys were getting the roided up hitters out without using. what the steroids did was allow for quicker recovery and better bounce back. Where it benefited Clemens was in his longevity and lack of wearing down. And you're are rite about a good portion of it. The game nowadays is so much beter

shoeless joe
06-17-2018, 11:22 PM
Tx Tech can flat out smash.

TT's latest pitcher looks like he should be pitching at Umiss

preachermatt83
06-17-2018, 11:25 PM
TT's latest pitcher looks like he should be pitching at Umiss

Ha!!