PDA

View Full Version : Gautreau

BuckyIsAB****
06-17-2018, 01:49 PM
I think its 10x more likely that Gautreau is the next HC rather than Henderson.

If we dont hire him, someone else will you can bet on that. Idk how good he will be but his name and profile has risen so far this postseason that he will get a job offer from somewhere

KOdawg1
06-17-2018, 01:52 PM
I want Gautreau to be on this staff next year. Either as HC, HC in waiting, or hitting coach under Henderson. The only way I'll be happy about Henderson becoming permanent head coach is with Jake on staff.

BuckyIsAB****
06-17-2018, 01:54 PM
I want Gautreau to be on this staff next year. Either as HC, HC in waiting, or hitting coach under Henderson. The only way I'll be happy about Henderson becoming permanent head coach is with Jake on staff.

I have no inside knowledge but Im starting to think that Gautreau is already running the ship Gary is just a figurehead

msstate7
06-17-2018, 01:56 PM
I have no inside knowledge but Im starting to think that Gautreau is already running the ship Gary is just a figurehead

I have no idea, but I do wonder what you base this on? Just like Gautreau more?

Pit Bull
06-17-2018, 02:04 PM
I think its 10x more likely that Gautreau is the next HC rather than Henderson.

If we dont hire him, someone else will you can bet on that. Idk how good he will be but his name and profile has risen so far this postseason that he will get a job offer from somewhere

A reasonable opinion.

06-17-2018, 02:08 PM
GoTro won’t get a head coach job yet. He also won’t leave us to make a lateral move. In other words, I don’t think we have to worry about losing him until after next year or the next. He just don’t have the time in to get that type of offer....yet

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 02:45 PM

Look at who is running the team meetings pre game. I don't know that I would say that he is running the ship but he is without question running the offense.

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 02:46 PM
GoTro won’t get a head coach job yet. He also won’t leave us to make a lateral move. In other words, I don’t think we have to worry about losing him until after next year or the next. He just don’t have the time in to get that type of offer....yet

Him taking a head coaching position is not a lateral move. Just like Lane Burroughs leaving us for Northwestern State wasn't a lateral move. If we win a National Title teams will be coming after him. Tulane has had two losing seasons and would love to have him back- and he would probably love to be their head coach.

preachermatt83
06-17-2018, 03:04 PM
Tenn Tech is a real possibility for GoTro if he’s not our HC. I don’t think he’s ready to be our HC however I’d much rather have him as HC than henderson. Now, a henderson Led staff without GoTro is like the worst possible scenario I can imagine.

preachermatt83
06-17-2018, 03:05 PM
Him taking a head coaching position is not a lateral move. Just like Lane Burroughs leaving us for Northwestern State wasn't a lateral move. If we win a National Title teams will be coming after him. Tulane has had two losing seasons and would love to have him back- and he would probably love to be their head coach.

Yup

BB30
06-17-2018, 03:20 PM
He’s done a great job but IMO you are giving him too much credit. He shouldn’t be our HC next year. Even if we did hire him and he turned out to be great at this point it would be an extremely risky hire. He has done well with this group and I like his offensive philosophy but a lot of the improvement, in fact most of the improvement is due to the freshmen’s natural development and the talent they have.

During the season there isn’t a whole lot of drastic coaching changes that a coach will make with a swing. At this point it’s too late to make big changes to a swing or rework a swing. If that needs to be done it gets done in the fall or during the summer.

Now, I do really like his offensive mind and his decision making in game and think he’s a really good offensive coach but he has also been blessed with a ton of natural offensive talent in the young guys.

BuckyIsAB****
06-17-2018, 03:47 PM

Just a hunch and what I see from reading body language. Seeing how the kids respond to him vs Henderson. And yeah I do like Gautreau more.

Jack Lambert
06-17-2018, 03:59 PM
If it was going to be Henderson why wait?

LC Dawg
06-17-2018, 04:01 PM
College kids seeming to be closer to the young assistant coach than the older head coach doesn't necessarily mean anything. The players can relate a little more with the young guy and also the head coach has a lot more on his plate and spends less time with each player. I'm not advocating for anything but keep in mind that a young head coach who can relate to the young players is not always the greatest thing. I think we just proved that.
Also, the players seem to respect the hell out of Henderson. I think that was evident after the SR win. To say that Henderson doesn't have much to do with the team's success is pretty shitty at this point.

BuckyIsAB****
06-17-2018, 04:03 PM
He’s done a great job but IMO you are giving him too much credit. He shouldn’t be our HC next year. Even if we did hire him and he turned out to be great at this point it would be an extremely risky hire. He has done well with this group and I like his offensive philosophy but a lot of the improvement, in fact most of the improvement is due to the freshmen’s natural development and the talent they have.

During the season there isn’t a whole lot of drastic coaching changes that a coach will make with a swing. At this point it’s too late to make big changes to a swing or rework a swing. If that needs to be done it gets done in the fall or during the summer.

Now, I do really like his offensive mind and his decision making in game and think he’s a really good offensive coach but he has also been blessed with a ton of natural offensive talent in the young guys.

He would be better than Henderson at recruiting, offense, charisma (it matters). Bascially everything but pitching and we can hire a good pitching coach to help him.

msstate7
06-17-2018, 04:10 PM
He would be better than Henderson at recruiting, offense, charisma (it matters). Bascially everything but pitching and we can hire a good pitching coach to help him.

Again, based on what? We actually have data on Henderson recruiting well... Kentucky has most players taken in the mlb draft the last 2 years

Homedawg
06-17-2018, 04:11 PM

Because it’s not him. Unless we win it.

Bulldog1
06-17-2018, 04:12 PM
Again, based on what? We actually have data on Henderson recruiting well... Kentucky has most players taken in the mlb draft the last 2 years

So what was his problem?

msstate7
06-17-2018, 04:14 PM
So what was his problem?

He didn't coach either of those teams.

BuckyIsAB****
06-17-2018, 04:15 PM

Yeah and we have Henderson data of running UK into the ground after Cohen built it.

Hes already proven hes a good recruiter and obviously a hitting coach. He's a very nice geniune guy and that makes a huge difference with kids.

Its why Moorhead will be better than Mullen

msstate7
06-17-2018, 04:16 PM
Yeah and we have Henderson data of running UK into the ground after Cohen built it.

Hes already proven hes a good recruiter and obviously a hitting coach. He's a very nice geniune guy and that makes a huge difference with kids.

Its why Moorhead will be better than Mullen

Who are gautreau's commits?

Bulldog1
06-17-2018, 04:21 PM
He didn't coach either of those teams.

8 years, 2 regionals.

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 04:22 PM

Brad Bohannon was their main recruiter and put those teams together.

msstate7
06-17-2018, 04:23 PM
Because it’s not him. Unless we win it.

Pretty tough ultimatum. Let's say he gets to the championship series and wins 1? That's farther than any state team ever... would that get him the job?

My preference is go another route, but I woundn't hate Henderson get the job with big raise for gautreau and hire a big time pitching coach

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 04:25 PM

Ethan Hearn, Hunter French, Davis Meche, Lane Forsythe, and Rian Cellars. On top of the fact that we have had no hitters decommit.

msstate7
06-17-2018, 04:27 PM
Brad Bohannon was their main recruiter and put those teams together.

You guys love to give all the credit to assistant coaches, but lay all (like 110% every time) on the head coach. Seems unfair. I'm hardly a Henderson guy but the hate he gets from state fans during this freaking magical, unbelievable run is pretty sickening to me. Henderson will be retained or not, but Cohen isn't reading to get our opinions here... give Henderson a break. There is zero reason for state fans to rip Henderson. The guy has really got this team to respond, and I for one and estatic to be still watching baseball after the train wreck this team was midway. Hats off, Henderson

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 04:28 PM
Pretty tough ultimatum. Let's say he gets to the championship series and wins 1? That's farther than any state team ever... would that get him the job?

My preference is go another route, but I woundn't hate Henderson get the job with big raise for gautreau and hire a big time pitching coach

Long term that would not be the best thing for MSU.

Obviously the best thing would be to hire an elite coach. If we can't do that- and it looks like we may not- then hire the best up and comer available. I think Gautreau is definitely in that pool.

confucius say
06-17-2018, 04:31 PM
Serious question: is anybody good with keeping Hindu if gautreu leaves and Hindu goes out and picks his own, new staff? I feel like the answer is "no" and that should tell us all we need to know as far as whether Hindu should be the permanent hire.

Bulldog1
06-17-2018, 04:32 PM
You guys love to give all the credit to assistant coaches, but lay all (like 110% every time) on the head coach. Seems unfair. I'm hardly a Henderson guy but the hate he gets from state fans during this freaking magical, unbelievable run is pretty sickening to me. Henderson will be retained or not, but Cohen isn't reading to get our opinions here... give Henderson a break. There is zero reason for state fans to rip Henderson. The guy has really got this team to respond, and I for one and estatic to be still watching baseball after the train wreck this team was midway. Hats off, Henderson

JG gets credit for offense. Henderson gets credit for pitching.

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 04:34 PM

I think it's the opposite. I think MSU fans give the head coach too much credit. And not just in baseball. If Henderson is getting the team to respond, how come Jake is leading the meetings? The main thing I've criticized Henderson over is the handling of the pitching staff and I have backed it up with tangible examples. Am I supposed to criticize Gautreau over that or the guy who is running the pitching staff who also just happens to be the interim head coach? The offense meanwhile has picked it up that past 35 games. Thanks Gary! There you happy now? Literally the only offensive thing I've ever ripped Henderson over was stupid ass lineup he cooked up with Hatcher in LF and both of our catchers in the lineup. That's because he makes out the lineup card.

But hey- 20 come from behind wins seems sustainable to me over the long run right?

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 04:35 PM
Serious question: is anybody good with keeping Hindu if gautreu leaves and Hindu goes out and picks his own, new staff? I feel like the answer is "no" and that should tell us all we need to know as far as whether Hindu should be the permanent hire.

THANK YOU! SIGNS OF INTELLIGENT LIFE!

The Federalist Engineer
06-17-2018, 04:37 PM
Part 1: As a decision scientist but not with all the information on the table, I suggest the Olimpique Lyonnaise approach that invests in deep player development over the strawman On top

With Cohen as AD, I am 100% comfortable with Henderson with Gautreau on hitters and a new Gautreau on pitchers. That's how the Florida and LSU boat floats. With elite development and recruiting from best in the buisiness assistants, I am comfortable

Plus we don't have to break the bank to get Henderson. I rather pay the two Gautreaus enough to keep them happy and loyal.

The Federalist Engineer
06-17-2018, 04:41 PM
Part 2: TCU must have Schloss and Louisville must have a McD. Those guys can't even sell tickets. They have no fan base. MSU and LSU type programs have a fan base and tradition that can hire best in the business people (not Polk and not Tommy Raffo) and not worry about a Star coach messiah.

Because of us, the elite and insane fan base that nobody outside of Baton Rouge have

msstate7
06-17-2018, 04:41 PM
JG gets credit for offense. Henderson gets credit for pitching.

But last night in a 0-0 game, I didn't see one post saying WTF gautreau. I did see plenty about Gary.

Bulldog1
06-17-2018, 04:44 PM
But last night in a 0-0 game, I didn't see one post saying WTF gautreau. I did see plenty about Gary.

The announcers were praising JG last night. It's not just us.

msstate7
06-17-2018, 04:46 PM
The announcers were praising JG last night. It's not just us.

He deserves praise. Henderson does too. This team was straight garbage at the beginning to middle of the year. Henderson, gautreau, and brown have been outstanding, but you would think it's only been gautreau

Bully13
06-17-2018, 04:53 PM
GoTro won?t get a head coach job yet. He also won?t leave us to make a lateral move. In other words, I don?t think we have to worry about losing him until after next year or the next. He just don?t have the time in to get that type of offer....yet

Calling on Commerce.

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 04:59 PM

That's because most people that understand baseball know that you are not going to score 10 runs every night. But I guess Eduardo Perez who was praising our approach and the adjustments we made at the plate is against Gary too right? We had 10 hits against their ace who has thrown a perfect game this year. We struck out once all night I think.

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 05:02 PM
He deserves praise. Henderson does too. This team was straight garbage at the beginning to middle of the year. Henderson, gautreau, and brown have been outstanding, but you would think it's only been gautreau

That's because the turnaround started when we made major adjustments on offense despite our pitching staff finished 11th in the SEC.

If you want me to give Henderson credit he needs to stop doing stupid shit with our bullpen and I need to see our pitchers improve from one year to the next.

msstate7
06-17-2018, 05:04 PM
That's because most people that understand baseball know that you are not going to score 10 runs every night. But I guess Eduardo Perez who was praising our approach and the adjustments we made at the plate is against Gary too right? We had 10 hits against their ace who has thrown a perfect game this year. We struck out once all night I think.

The point totally went over your head. We shut a team out... no runs! Yet Henderson still got called out. When was the last CWS shut out?

Bully13
06-17-2018, 05:05 PM
Something changed with our hitters. Something clicked. I've having a hard time remembering a MSU team so adapt at going the other way.

msstate7
06-17-2018, 05:14 PM
That's because the turnaround started when we made major adjustments on offense despite our pitching staff finished 11th in the SEC.

If you want me to give Henderson credit he needs to stop doing stupid shit with our bullpen and I need to see our pitchers improve from one year to the next.

2017 team stats/2018 team stats
Era = 4.96 /4.39
Whip = 1.50 / 1.46
K9 = 8.46 / 9.19
BB9 = 5.38 / 3.93

Improvement. May not be enough, but it is improvement. Losing self and price early was pretty big deal too.

Really Clark?
06-17-2018, 05:20 PM
The point totally went over your head. We shut a team out... no runs! Yet Henderson still got called out. When was the last CWS shut out?

Florida shut out TCU twice last year, 3-0 both games I think

msstate7
06-17-2018, 05:25 PM

Very impressive. Faedo (1st rounder) twice

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 05:27 PM
2017 team stats/2018 team stats
Era = 4.96 /4.39
Whip = 1.50 / 1.46
K9 = 8.46 / 9.19
BB9 = 5.38 / 3.93

Improvement. May not be enough, but it is improvement. Losing self and price early was pretty big deal too.

Ooooooohhhhh. Hire him now! Our ERA went down from almost five to almost four and a half and still is still barely top 10 in the SEC.

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 05:29 PM
So which one do we like better?

Gary LaRussa?
Gary Maddon?
Gary Torre?

I'll let you pick it out 7.

msstate7
06-17-2018, 05:30 PM
Ooooooohhhhh. Hire him now! Our ERA went down from almost five to almost four and a half and still is still barely top 10 in the SEC.

You said no one has improved, but the whole staff did.

Henderson really has you rustled. Take a Xanax dude... Henderson almost certainly won't get the job. Let him have his moment

06-17-2018, 05:47 PM
Him taking a head coaching position is not a lateral move.
I didn?t say it was, reread the post

confucius say
06-17-2018, 05:50 PM
I have no problem giving Hindu credit for his leadership of this squad. He has pushed the right buttons inside the locker room. While a good bit of that was staying out of the way offensively, he got our veteran leaders (Mangum, Stovall) to buy in and that was huge.

I don't think that qualifies him for the position long term though. Again, I've seen no one say they are comfortable keeping Hindu without JG on staff. That's telling.

preachermatt83
06-17-2018, 05:56 PM

This is why I don?t think it will be henderson.

preachermatt83
06-17-2018, 06:00 PM
He?s done a great job but IMO you are giving him too much credit. He shouldn?t be our HC next year. Even if we did hire him and he turned out to be great at this point it would be an extremely risky hire. He has done well with this group and I like his offensive philosophy but a lot of the improvement, in fact most of the improvement is due to the freshmen?s natural development and the talent they have.

During the season there isn?t a whole lot of drastic coaching changes that a coach will make with a swing. At this point it?s too late to make big changes to a swing or rework a swing. If that needs to be done it gets done in the fall or during the summer.

Now, I do really like his offensive mind and his decision making in game and think he?s a really good offensive coach but he has also been blessed with a ton of natural offensive talent in the young guys.

I agree with this to a point however most everyone here wanted Cann and thought he was a super coach last year and GoTro is just as experienced as cann was. I?m not arguing for hiring GoTto just making an observation. I don?t nesessarily want to hire GoTro as HC but I?d rather him than henderson.

preachermatt83
06-17-2018, 06:03 PM

Boom. This.

preachermatt83
06-17-2018, 06:06 PM
Part 1: As a decision scientist but not with all the information on the table, I suggest the Olimpique Lyonnaise approach that invests in deep player development over the strawman On top

With Cohen as AD, I am 100% comfortable with Henderson with Gautreau on hitters and a new Gautreau on pitchers. That's how the Florida and LSU boat floats. With elite development and recruiting from best in the buisiness assistants, I am comfortable

Plus we don't have to break the bank to get Henderson. I rather pay the two Gautreaus enough to keep them happy and loyal.

I?m fine with that but the problem is it?s not guaranteed we would hold on to GoTro in this scenario and also I?m not convinced Gary would give up pitching coach duties.

preachermatt83
06-17-2018, 06:08 PM

Another round for Todd. Great post

msstatelp1
06-17-2018, 06:12 PM

Superstition. Don't change anything while we're winning.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-17-2018, 06:31 PM

Why don't we ignore the WHOLE STAFF (which has different pitchers than last year) and look at the returning guys: Pilk, JB, Self, Gordon and McQuary. Pilks' ERA is 1.48 worse (3.08-4.56), opponent BA up .071 (.199-.270), all with the total innings pitched down so it's not being overworked compared to last year. JBs' ERA is .2 worse (4.78-4.98), opp. BA is down .042 (.270-.228). Selfs' ERA is .21 better (3.72-3.51), opp BA down .026 (.246-.220). Gordons' ERA is down .83 (5.69-4.86), opp BA down .006 (.240-.234). McQuarys ERA is down .023 (4.97-5.20), Opp BA up .110 (.203-.313), though his walks are cut about .2 per inning to help offset this.

Overall, the combined ERA of this group has increased 3.76%, and the opponent BA has increased 9.24%, though I didn't weigh for IP or look at walks.

So if you want your pitchers to get worse every year, let Henderson be their coach. Our small team ERA decrease you talk about has been because of JP France and Small, either one of which has been just as big of an addition as Price was a loss. We're better because of other coaches recruiting and health; Hendersons' coaching appears to be making us worse

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 06:42 PM

Henderson really has you rustled. Take a Xanax dude... Henderson almost certainly won't get the job. Let him have his moment

I'm not rustled. I'm making fun of you cherry picking stats without context again.

The whole staff improved?

Pilkington- ERA in 2017 3.08 ERA in 2018 4.56
Self- ERA in 2017 3.72 ERA in 2018 3.51 Got me there! Maybe it would have been even better if Self's Mom had told Henderson was healthier earlier in the year. Roughly the same guy.
JB- ERA in 2017 4.78 ERA in 2018 4.92

McQuary- ERA improved from 5.20 to 4.97 but hitters went from hitting .203 against him last year to .313 this year. K/BB went from 40/50 to 31/24 so a little improvement but essentially the same guy who basically traded BB's for hits.

Gordon- ERA improved from 5.69 to 4.86. Better. But an ERA of almost five isn't something to brag about if you are a pitching coach. K/BB ratio is about the same as last year. Probably about one bad outing from being the same guy.

We improved because Small and Blake Smith got healthy and we added France and Neff who while neither one were statistically great either- they're better than guys like Peyton Plumlee, Trey Jolley, and Jacob Barton. Not having two outfielders pitch helps the numbers as well.

But here is a VERY telling stat. In Henderson's two years we only have had ONE pitcher finish with an ERA below three. Small could make it two. But Spencer Price had an ERA of 2.91.

BuckyIsAB****
06-17-2018, 06:42 PM

Shit man Idk ask Todd but if you think Hendo is out recruiting GoTro I cant help you

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 06:43 PM
Why don't we ignore the WHOLE STAFF (which has different pitchers than last year) and look at the returning guys: Pilk, JB, Self, Gordon and McQuary. Pilks' ERA is 1.48 worse (3.08-4.56), opponent BA up .071 (.199-.270), all with the total innings pitched down so it's not being overworked compared to last year. JBs' ERA is .2 worse (4.78-4.98), opp. BA is down .042 (.270-.228). Selfs' ERA is .21 better (3.72-3.51), opp BA down .026 (.246-.220). Gordons' ERA is down .83 (5.69-4.86), opp BA down .006 (.240-.234). McQuarys ERA is down .023 (4.97-5.20), Opp BA up .110 (.203-.313), though his walks are cut about .2 per inning to help offset this.

Overall, the combined ERA of this group has increased 3.76%, and the opponent BA has increased 9.24%, though I didn't weigh for IP or look at walks.

So if you want your pitchers to get worse every year, let Henderson be their coach. Our small team ERA decrease you talk about has been because of JP France and Small, either one of which has been just as big of an addition as Price was a loss. We're better because of other coaches recruiting and health; Hendersons' coaching appears to be making us worse

This guy is a quality baseball poster. Well done.

basedog
06-17-2018, 06:52 PM
Another round for Todd. Great post

Just another man crush preacher. Todd isn't looking at the meaning for keeping score. It's about winning not stats!!!

I could care less where we are in stats, I care that we are winning and I don't really care who is driving this team. Obviously Hendo must be doing something right, he is the major reason for calming the ship, he was smart to ask Jake to buy in and lead the team. Same with letting assistants do their job.

U being a preacher can't lead your sheep by yourself can you? Come on mane!!!

National Coach of the year and most of the country is giddy but we eat our own.

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 07:21 PM
Just another man crush preacher. Todd isn't looking at the meaning for keeping score. It's about winning not stats!!!

I could care less where we are in stats, I care that we are winning and I don't really care who is driving this team. Obviously Hendo must be doing something right, he is the major reason for calming the ship, he was smart to ask Jake to buy in and lead the team. Same with letting assistants do their job.

U being a preacher can't lead your sheep by yourself can you? Come on mane!!!

National Coach of the year and most of the country is giddy but we eat our own.

If you have favorable stats your odds of winning increase. But I guess you're OK with every MLB team disagreeing with you since you know more about baseball than any of them.

And by the way- Cohen is a big stats guy too. So you're also disagreeing with our AD as well.

basedog
06-17-2018, 07:43 PM
Why u so mad all the time Todd? I have never said I know everything about baseball. I don’t watch MLB, could care less, I’m all about college sports. You take everything to serious, it’s about winning. If Hendo gets the job time will tell if he succeeds or not. I’m not sure what Cohen has in his mind.

Here we are in the CWS and ED has a few who seem to hate that we have a team winning regardless how we are getting it done. This we are winning in spite of Hendo is crazy. It’s MSU winning in my eyes.

tcdog70
06-17-2018, 07:54 PM
This guy is a quality baseball poster. Well done.

**** stats.all those teams with staffs rated above ours have their asses at home, except The Hogs and Gators,, but wait did you forget we beat them 6-0. Didn't our staff just shut-out Washington? You 17ers are pitiful. Have ya'll not been watching us win? Hendo and his staff have done a great job, give them credit where credit is due, or just back and continue to whine and bitch.

msstate7
06-17-2018, 08:28 PM

Jp France has numbers at Tulane last season. Despite the big step up in competition, his era is exactly the same. Hits and walks are up, but k9 is way up (9.82 from 6.84). He also got drafted his senior year after not being drafted his junior year.

Ethan small had just awful numbers as a freshman. Someone developed him. Does Henderson get no credit here?

Self was hurt all season until the end, so tough to criticize Henderson over him.

Despite losing self for most of the year, Barlow almost all the year, and price all the year, we are in the CWS and our staff stats have improved

LC Dawg
06-17-2018, 08:56 PM
**** stats.all those teams with staffs rated above ours have their asses at home, except The Hogs and Gators,, but wait did you forget we beat them 6-0. Didn't our staff just shut-out Washington? You 17ers are pitiful. Have ya'll not been watching us win? Hendo and his staff have done a great job, give them credit where credit is due, or just back and continue to whine and bitch.

Thank you. I enjoyed reading this.

MedDawg
06-17-2018, 08:58 PM

Good thing we passed on Schlossnagle

Really Clark?
06-17-2018, 09:02 PM
I?ve already said that you shouldn?t let an emotional short run change the process of hiring a coach. There is a point where success in the biggest tournament in your sport has to be considered, what that point is? That?s for Cohen to decide. I think interim coaches getting the job when they were not originally promoted as a candidate is a questionable decision.

But for the all the stats about pitching, baseball is also about trends as well as season long stats. Have we not dropped like .6-.8 points off our team era since the Oklahoma regional first game? And how much since mid season? Anybody have that number? What have is the pitching earned runs in our toughest games? Those would be good numbers to review if you are going to look at how pitching has progressed

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 09:55 PM
Why u so mad all the time Todd? I have never said I know everything about baseball. I don’t watch MLB, could care less, I’m all about college sports. You take everything to serious, it’s about winning. If Hendo gets the job time will tell if he succeeds or not. I’m not sure what Cohen has in his mind.

Here we are in the CWS and ED has a few who seem to hate that we have a team winning regardless how we are getting it done. This we are winning in spite of Hendo is crazy. It’s MSU winning in my eyes.

I'm not mad. I just figured it was a matter of time before you came back with telling everyone how much more you know than everyone else after a typical clueless Pollyanna post and that all we do is play on PlayStation since that's your MO and I wanted to head you off at the pass.

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 09:57 PM
I?ve already said that you shouldn?t let an emotional short run change the process of hiring a coach. There is a point where success in the biggest tournament in your sport has to be considered, what that point is? That?s for Cohen to decide. I think interim coaches getting the job when they were not originally promoted as a candidate is a questionable decision.

But for the all the stats about pitching, baseball is also about trends as well as season long stats. Have we not dropped like .6-.8 points off our team era since the Oklahoma regional first game? And how much since mid season? Anybody have that number? What have is the pitching earned runs in our toughest games? Those would be good numbers to review if you are going to look at how pitching has progressed

Well, we did give up like 20 runs in the first game. I would hope it improved.

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 10:00 PM

Does Gautreau qualify as "his staff"? Because I've given him plenty of credit.

By the way- we are statistically a better hitting team than Florida in terms of batting average. Since you hate stats.

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 10:01 PM
Jp France has numbers at Tulane last season. Despite the big step up in competition, his era is exactly the same. Hits and walks are up, but k9 is way up (9.82 from 6.84). He also got drafted his senior year after not being drafted his junior year.

Ethan small had just awful numbers as a freshman. Someone developed him. Does Henderson get no credit here?

Self was hurt all season until the end, so tough to criticize Henderson over him.

Despite losing self for most of the year, Barlow almost all the year, and price all the year, we are in the CWS and our staff stats have improved

Small was hurt. And I've already talked about Henderson's weird handling of Self's injury. Who knows how long he was actually healthy and we just didn't use him for whatever reason?

Really Clark?
06-17-2018, 10:03 PM
Well, we did give up like 20 runs in the first game. I would hope it improved.

Not what I’m talking about. I think we have dropped like .8 off our SEASON ERA since the first Oklahoma game. And that includes playing them again twice. Not just a drop from that one game

Bully13
06-17-2018, 10:37 PM
Threads full of Testosterone & Alcohol. Perfect Mix.

basedog
06-17-2018, 10:46 PM
I'm not mad. I just figured it was a matter of time before you came back with telling everyone how much more you know than everyone else after a typical clueless Pollyanna post and that all we do is play on PlayStation since that's your MO and I wanted to head you off at the pass.

Thats your problem Todd, your thinking.

Actually Todd I only mentioned your name in this post and you go on this angry attack which you do with many.

But whatever dude makes you happy, hope you had a great Fathers Day. Loosen up man, I do think our program will survive and thrive.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-17-2018, 11:04 PM

I left off France because the competition and his role (starter vs reliever) has changed... it's hard to know exactly how much Henderson improved him.

Small is good, and we have ZERO idea what he would have looked like this year under a different pitching coach, so there's no numbers to compare his current stats to and say "see, X is how much Henderson improved Small!". Self was good last year when he walked onto campus. Henderson has improved him some when you take into account the injury, but he's not drastically improved over the day he got here. And why the hell should we care that the k9 numbers are up, if we're walking more and getting hit more?? It's only useful as a stat with RISP and you can't afford to give up contact. It's such an inferior stat to ERA, walks per 9, opponent batting average, or slugging %... all of which tell me more about a pitcher than what the % of outs he gets are Ks.

To the guy saying to "**** stats" because of a select number of anecdotal games, all I have to say is that stats are the accumulation of anecdotes. All those good performances the staff has made vs Washington, Florida, etc are included in the stats I cite, there's no reason to pretend like the bad games arent' there. You make me interim HC of Bama FB and I'll win you the first few games no problem... doesn't mean I should be the next HC, because despite my "winning", there's more to being a good long term HC than just right now. You wouldn't marry a chick becasue the first month of dating was nice, would you?

In any case, nobody is saying that the staff hasn't had great games and performances, especially late. What we ARE saying is 4 things: 1) By factual, unbiased stats, he has not show himself to be a good pitching coach here. 2) The hitting turning around has far more to do with our success than Henderson (not to mention Jake's leadership). 3) Henderson has made some really dumb decisions that most coaches wouldn't. Lastly and most importantly, 4) DON'T HIRE A PITCHING COACH BECAUSE A HITTER SAVED US FROM 0-2. No coaching hire should be based on whether or not Macs' bat was 1cm under the ball or not... if Mac didn't hit that ball, we go 0-2 and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU would want Henderson gone. So really, you want Henderson hired for nothing but a 6-1 hot streak since that game. And it's been amazing... but 7 games should NEVER be the difference in whether or not a HC is hired. It's too small a sample size... especially when you consider that Stetson almost beat us, both our wins at Vandy were insanely close, and Washington had bases loaded with 1 out and had Small given up a hit there he'd probably have lost. The fact we keep winning in this fashion shows a million times more about the team's chemistry than it does Henderson's coaching... and before you say "Henderson has them playing like that!" I'm going to say no, it was here last year when this team kept winning in the SEC despite no pitchers and came from the losers bracket to beat USM. The fight was there before Henderson. 1 hot streak that almost ended several times is not how you select the HC of your program for the next several years

preachermatt83
06-17-2018, 11:13 PM

Hammer, meet nail. Great post

msstate7
06-17-2018, 11:19 PM
I left off France because the competition and his role (starter vs reliever) has changed... it's hard to know exactly how much Henderson improved him.

Small is good, and we have ZERO idea what he would have looked like this year under a different pitching coach, so there's no numbers to compare his current stats to and say "see, X is how much Henderson improved Small!". Self was good last year when he walked onto campus. Henderson has improved him some when you take into account the injury, but he's not drastically improved over the day he got here. And why the hell should we care that the k9 numbers are up, if we're walking more and getting hit more?? It's only useful as a stat with RISP and you can't afford to give up contact. It's such an inferior stat to ERA, walks per 9, opponent batting average, or slugging %... all of which tell me more about a pitcher than what the % of outs he gets are Ks.

To the guy saying to "**** stats" because of a select number of anecdotal games, all I have to say is that stats are the accumulation of anecdotes. All those good performances the staff has made vs Washington, Florida, etc are included in the stats I cite, there's no reason to pretend like the bad games arent' there. You make me interim HC of Bama FB and I'll win you the first few games no problem... doesn't mean I should be the next HC, because despite my "winning", there's more to being a good long term HC than just right now. You wouldn't marry a chick becasue the first month of dating was nice, would you?

In any case, nobody is saying that the staff hasn't had great games and performances, especially late. What we ARE saying is 4 things: 1) By factual, unbiased stats, he has not show himself to be a good pitching coach here. 2) The hitting turning around has far more to do with our success than Henderson (not to mention Jake's leadership). 3) Henderson has made some really dumb decisions that most coaches wouldn't. Lastly and most importantly, 4) DON'T HIRE A PITCHING COACH BECAUSE A HITTER SAVED US FROM 0-2. No coaching hire should be based on whether or not Macs' bat was 1cm under the ball or not... if Mac didn't hit that ball, we go 0-2 and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU would want Henderson gone. So really, you want Henderson hired for nothing but a 6-1 hot streak since that game. And it's been amazing... but 7 games should NEVER be the difference in whether or not a HC is hired. It's too small a sample size... especially when you consider that Stetson almost beat us, both our wins at Vandy were insanely close, and Washington had bases loaded with 1 out and had Small given up a hit there he'd probably have lost. The fact we keep winning in this fashion shows a million times more about the team's chemistry than it does Henderson's coaching... and before you say "Henderson has them playing like that!" I'm going to say no, it was here last year when this team kept winning in the SEC despite no pitchers and came from the losers bracket to beat USM. The fight was there before Henderson. 1 hot streak that almost ended several times is not how you select the HC of your program for the next several years

Ks absolutely matter for a pitcher.

Comparing this team to bama football is ridiculous.

I don't want to hire Henderson. I just wish state fans would show the man some respect. No one expected this team to make a regional, much less a SR or a CWS. We have even won a game in the CWS now. We will almost certainly hire another coach, so I just wish we as a fan base would act like we have some class... Henderson deserves a big shout out from us, not a steady F U

preachermatt83
06-17-2018, 11:23 PM

I don't want to hire Henderson. I just wish state fans would show the man some respect. No one expected this team to make a regional, much less a SR or a CWS. We have even won a game in the CWS now. We will almost certainly hire another coach, so I just wish we as a fan base would act like we have some class... Henderson deserves a big shout out from us, not a steady F U, Henderson.
I can go along with this. I think he does deserve a lot of credit for keeping things together and turning over the offense completely to GoTro. I do not want him as permanent HC but he has done a good job this year. And as I’ve stated before, I think henderson would win in the short term. It’s the long term that makes me not want him.

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 11:33 PM
Thats your problem Todd, your thinking.

Actually Todd I only mentioned your name in this post and you go on this angry attack which you do with many.

But whatever dude makes you happy, hope you had a great Fathers Day. Loosen up man, I do think our program will survive and thrive.

Angry attack? It sounds like you're the one that needs to loosen up.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-17-2018, 11:35 PM

I don't want to hire Henderson. I just wish state fans would show the man some respect. No one expected this team to make a regional, much less a SR or a CWS. We have even won a game in the CWS now. We will almost certainly hire another coach, so I just wish we as a fan base would act like we have some class... Henderson deserves a big shout out from us, not a steady F U, Henderson.

I never said Ks didn't matter... merely that there's a bunch of stats that matter far more, specifically walks and hits which you yourself said are worse than last year. You're implication was that the K9 numbers are so much more important than those or ERA that we should conclude Henderson has done a good job with the staff... my point is that you can have a staff ERA of 15 and yet have a 27k/9 strikeout rate... you can't give up a lot of walks and hits and not also allow runs.

I didn't compare this team to Bama football, I compared the logic of hiring Henderson because "he's winning" with 0 though given as to why he's winning to hiring me as the Bama HC. I was only comparing the logic the other poster was using, that part of the comment wasn't directed at you

I have a lot of respect for Henderson. He's worked his ass off, tries very hard, is a great man, and didn't screw up the team chemistry. He's been fantastic for us. I just don't think he's the right man for the job (mainly because of recruiting and his bad in game moves) , nor do I think he's a good pitching coach. His 7 years as the Kentucky HC where they never finished higher than 7th in team ERA made me suspect that when we hired him, last year he got a pass, but comparing the returning guys this year to last it's clear he's mediocre at best as a pitching coach. I'm sorry if that is disrespectful to say, but I'm not going to lie about the issue just because he's done good as an interim, especially not as people are really wanting him as the HC. At least we can agree that he's not the man for the job, even if we disagree about his pitching coach prowess. We usually agree on stuff though, this is unusual for me to feel this strongly at odds with you

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 11:38 PM

I don't want to hire Henderson. I just wish state fans would show the man some respect. No one expected this team to make a regional, much less a SR or a CWS. We have even won a game in the CWS now. We will almost certainly hire another coach, so I just wish we as a fan base would act like we have some class... Henderson deserves a big shout out from us, not a steady F U

If he said that he was the coach for Clemson would it make it better for you? You completely missed the point of his analogy.

I'm not sure why you are so hung up on MSU fans giving him credit. A lot of State fans are. If he wins a National Championship I'll give him credit- just like I gave Polk II credit for getting us to Omaha and the 2005 SEC Championship. But if he continues to make questionable decisions I'll say it too.

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 11:40 PM
I never said Ks didn't matter... merely that there's a bunch of stats that matter far more, specifically walks and hits which you yourself said are worse than last year. You're implication was that the K9 numbers are so much more important than those or ERA that we should conclude Henderson has done a good job with the staff... my point is that you can have a staff ERA of 15 and yet have a 27k/9 strikeout rate... you can't give up a lot of walks and hits and not also allow runs.

I didn't compare this team to Bama football, I compared the logic of hiring Henderson because "he's winning" with 0 though given as to why he's winning to hiring me as the Bama HC. I was only comparing the logic the other poster was using, that part of the comment wasn't directed at you

I have a lot of respect for Henderson. He's worked his ass off, tries very hard, is a great man, and didn't screw up the team chemistry. He's been fantastic for us. I just don't think he's the right man for the job (mainly because of recruiting and his bad in game moves) , nor do I think he's a good pitching coach. His 7 years as the Kentucky HC where they never finished higher than 7th in team ERA made me suspect that when we hired him, last year he got a pass, but comparing the returning guys this year to last it's clear he's mediocre at best as a pitching coach. I'm sorry if that is disrespectful to say, but I'm not going to lie about the issue just because he's done good as an interim, especially not as people are really wanting him as the HC. At least we can agree that he's not the man for the job, even if we disagree about his pitching coach prowess. We usually agree on stuff though, this is unusual for me to feel this strongly at odds with you

This dude is on fire.

msstate7
06-17-2018, 11:44 PM
If he said that he was the coach for Clemson would it make it better for you? You completely missed the point of his analogy.

I'm not sure why you are so hung up on MSU fans giving him credit. A lot of State fans are. If he wins a National Championship I'll give him credit- just like I gave Polk II credit for getting us to Omaha and the 2005 SEC Championship. But if he continues to make questionable decisions I'll say it too.

This baseball team isn't on Clemson football level either.

msstate7
06-17-2018, 11:48 PM

Even though france's walks and hits went up (moved to sec from cusa, but we'll ignore that), why do you think he went undrafted as a junior to round 14 as a senior? I think it's directly tied to his impressive k9... he missed bats in the premier conference after striking out in the 6s at cusa.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-18-2018, 09:10 AM
I'm hardly a Henderson guy....

This is becoming harder and harder to believe.

msstate7
06-18-2018, 09:15 AM
This is becoming harder and harder to believe.

I can actually separate the fact that acknowledging a job well done this year is not endorsing him long term. Many of you think that by saying job well done, you're saying hire Henderson. I realize there is middle ground.

tcdog70
06-18-2018, 09:27 AM
Does Gautreau qualify as "his staff"? Because I've given him plenty of credit.

By the way- we are statistically a better hitting team than Florida in terms of batting average. Since you hate stats.

Todd , here is what I like--winning.. a big deal to Me is
1.have your players bought into what the staff is selling---hell yes-big time.
2. how do you do in close games?--well shit--pretty damn good.
3. has your team gotten better from the start of the season---I'll say.
4.Stats are for loser--hmmm, you ever heard that--it has been around a long time--might be something to it.
5. are you playing a lot of freshmen and if so how have they done---pretty damn skippy.
6. and yes Gotro is part of the staff. I think you deflect to Gotro to keep from giving Hendo an ounce of credit.
7. most MSU fans don't buy into your bullshit.

Todd4State
06-18-2018, 09:52 AM
4.Stats are for loser--hmmm, you ever heard that--it has been around a long time--might be something to it.
5. are you playing a lot of freshmen and if so how have they done---pretty damn skippy.
6. and yes Gotro is part of the staff. I think you deflect to Gotro to keep from giving Hendo an ounce of credit.

Speaking of bullshit I'd say that's pretty much what points 1-7 are.

People that have the same thought process as you are too stupid to realize that it's the same thought process that has held our baseball program back for years before Cohen. Because Ron Polk wrote a book.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-18-2018, 11:48 AM

7. is completely petty and has NOTHING to do with the merits of the argument. May as well call his mom fat. 6. is a reasonable point that I'm sure applies to many of us... though to me it seems like "an ounce of credit" to you means we should hire him full time. Is it not possible to say he's done a good job, but also won't be the best long term option? 5. has nothing to do with Henderson... you're basically saying Henderson gets credit for Cann recruiting good hitters and coach G improving them more. 4. is moronic. I'm sorry, it is. Nobody is saying stats are always perfect, but if you are literally saying they're for losers then you sound like the dumb jock who's about to drop out and is mocking the A students in math because "math is for nerds". If you are a bad team, the stats will show it. If you are a good team, the stats will show it. Seriously, stop posting if you refuse to acknowledge the usefulness of basic math and science.

3. is largely because of Jake G, the freshman getting more playing time, and the team moving on from Cann. Henderson gets all the credit in the world for the last one, but not the first 2. is a decent point, but the same "never give up" mentality that makes us do well in close games was here last year under Cann, so Henderson onlt gets credit for not 17ing that culture up. he didn't build it, is the point. 1. is a good point.

Again though, we can all agree Henderson has done a fantastic job with the mental side of things. He's got the team playing together and focused. Those of us who don't want him hired full time do so because 1) he's factually not an elite pitching coach, 2) he's probably not the best recruiter, and 3) his in game decisions will always keep the team from reaching it's full potential. I have no doubt that if hired, he'd continue to get the players to buy in. he's been great at it. Doesn't mean that's the only thing we care about.

As for the "winning" comment, all I can say is that if Mac had been .2cm below that ball against FSU we'd have been 2 and Q and you'd have a different tune. Lets find a more reliable metric to hire a coach on than whether or not a player hit a walkoff or not. You know, resumes and recruiting and things that matter. Or is all that stuff "for losers" too?

tcdog70
06-18-2018, 11:51 AM
Speaking of bullshit I'd say that's pretty much what points 1-7 are.

People that have the same thought process as you are too stupid to realize that it's the same thought process that has held our baseball program back for years before Cohen. Because Ron Polk wrote a book.

so Todd, you calling me stupid? Wrong is your middle name. You write novels that say the same ignorant shit everyday.

tcdog70
06-18-2018, 11:56 AM
7. is completely petty and has NOTHING to do with the merits of the argument. May as well call his mom fat. 6. is a reasonable point that I'm sure applies to many of us... though to me it seems like "an ounce of credit" to you means we should hire him full time. Is it not possible to say he's done a good job, but also won't be the best long term option? 5. has nothing to do with Henderson... you're basically saying Henderson gets credit for Cann recruiting good hitters and coach G improving them more. 4. is moronic. I'm sorry, it is. Nobody is saying stats are always perfect, but if you are literally saying they're for losers then you sound like the dumb jock who's about to drop out and is mocking the A students in math because "math is for nerds". If you are a bad team, the stats will show it. If you are a good team, the stats will show it. Seriously, stop posting if you refuse to acknowledge the usefulness of basic math and science.

3. is largely because of Jake G, the freshman getting more playing time, and the team moving on from Cann. Henderson gets all the credit in the world for the last one, but not the first 2. is a decent point, but the same "never give up" mentality that makes us do well in close games was here last year under Cann, so Henderson onlt gets credit for not 17ing that culture up. he didn't build it, is the point. 1. is a good point.

Again though, we can all agree Henderson has done a fantastic job with the mental side of things. He's got the team playing together and focused. Those of us who don't want him hired full time do so because 1) he's factually not an elite pitching coach, 2) he's probably not the best recruiter, and 3) his in game decisions will always keep the team from reaching it's full potential. I have no doubt that if hired, he'd continue to get the players to buy in. he's been great at it. Doesn't mean that's the only thing we care about.

As for the "winning" comment, all I can say is that if Mac had been .2cm below that ball against FSU we'd have been 2 and Q and you'd have a different tune. Lets find a more reliable metric to hire a coach on than whether or not a player hit a walkoff or not. You know, resumes and recruiting and things that matter. Or is all that stuff "for losers" too?

if -if and butts were candy and nuts--what a wonderful Christmas we would have. You can go to any game and play the what if game. he didn't miss it-he knocked the 17 out of it and we won. I guess that is ALL YOU CAN SAY-- John will pick us a good Coach.

06-18-2018, 12:10 PM
so Todd, you calling me stupid? Wrong is your middle name. You write novels that say the same ignorant shit everyday.

chuckle chuckle chuckle

tcdog70
06-18-2018, 03:13 PM
REAL MSU--

4. is moronic. I'm sorry, it is. Nobody is saying stats are always perfect, but if you are literally saying they're for losers then you sound like the dumb jock who's about to drop out and is mocking the A students in math because "math is for nerds". If you are a bad team, the stats will show it. If you are a good team, the stats will show it. Seriously, stop posting if you refuse to acknowledge the usefulness of basic math and science.

With stats being end all to everything.--stats say our pitching was better last year, and our returning Pitchers are worse--how in the Hell are we 1-0 in the WS with 17ing shutout.. Math and science has very little consequence in baseball thus Polkie's famous saying That's Baseball. According to Stats our this year's pitchers shouldn't be shutting out Washington.. According to Stats a "Medoza Line" hitter should not be your team RBI leader and have 3 of the biggest walk-offs this year. what are the stats of an interim Coach taking an in the shitter baseball team, giving them an identity, beating top 5 teams to a tune of 10-1--and going 1 up in the WS< put some vasoline on those stats and ease them where the sun don't shine.

06-18-2018, 03:27 PM
REAL MSU--

4. is moronic. I'm sorry, it is. Nobody is saying stats are always perfect, but if you are literally saying they're for losers then you sound like the dumb jock who's about to drop out and is mocking the A students in math because "math is for nerds". If you are a bad team, the stats will show it. If you are a good team, the stats will show it. Seriously, stop posting if you refuse to acknowledge the usefulness of basic math and science.

With stats being end all to everything.--stats say our pitching was better last year, and our returning Pitchers are worse--how in the Hell are we 1-0 in the WS with 17ing shutout.. Math and science has very little consequence in baseball thus Polkie's famous saying That's Baseball. According to Stats our this year's pitchers shouldn't be shutting out Washington.. According to Stats a "Medoza Line" hitter should not be your team RBI leader and have 3 of the biggest walk-offs this year. what are the stats of an interim Coach taking an in the shitter baseball team, giving them an identity, beating top 5 teams to a tune of 10-1--and going 1 up in the WS< put some vasoline on those stats and ease them where the sun don't shine.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1jnyRP4DorCh2/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/62PP2yEIAZF6g/giphy.gif

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/icarly/images/e/ea/Joker-Clapping.gif/revision/latest?cb=20110625132235

Turfdawg67
06-18-2018, 03:42 PM

Don't you know... he's a message board posting genius. If he was running State baseball we'd have multiple NCs, easily. Probably a couple in football too. He breaks things down, comes up with a few bullet points and then repeats them, ad nauseum until they become fact, in his head at least. It's like arguing with a wall, so don't bother...

06-18-2018, 05:22 PM
I love how all you Hendu haters fail to mention that he's dealing with the most injury riddled staff in the country, thanks that short squirt walking the sidelines for Arkansas. How many Tommy Johns again? Yet here we are, a Super in 2017 and Omaha in 2018

I don't care what the stats say (hahaha even though team ERA says we got better but the haters ignore that and cherry pick players - legit LOL, expert opinions not needed), we have a serviceable pitching staff due to Henderson

He's done an outstanding job, there is no debating this

Next year, we FINALLY get our high-talent players back fully healed (James, Breaux, Ashcraft) and we also get Plumlee, I'm excited to see what Henderson can do with those guys

I mean, the guy helped France, Neff and Billingsley get drafted, he's done a great job

msstate7
06-18-2018, 05:42 PM
I love how all you Hendu haters fail to mention that he's dealing with the most injury riddled staff in the country, thanks that short squirt walking the sidelines for Arkansas. How many Tommy Johns again? Yet here we are, a Super in 2017 and Omaha in 2018

I don't care what the stats say (hahaha even though team ERA says we got better but the haters ignore that and cherry pick players - legit LOL, expert opinions not needed), we have a serviceable pitching staff due to Henderson

Next year, we FINALLY get our high-talent players back fully healed (James, Breaux, Ashcraft) and we also get Plumlee, I'm excited to see what Henderson can do with those guys

I mean, the guy helped France, Neff and Billingsley get drafted, he's done a great job

Plumlee is returning? He's no world beater, but a good Sunday/midweek starter.

Todd4State
06-18-2018, 08:47 PM

Pretty much.

Was that short enough for you?

What's funny is if by chance we hired Henderson people would be saying the "same ignorant shit" that I'm saying now 2-3 years from now just like they are saying the same stuff I said about Dan when he was out coach- whom you also defended and were wrong about.

As I have said before- I'm 3-3 on the last three MSU baseball coaching hires.

Said Polk II was a bad hire back in the Genespage days. And I was right.

Said Cohen would turn us around. I was right.

And I was one of the few that questioned Cann's inexperience.

And all you've got is "but.....but....we're winning now!" without a clue about anything that has to do with the long term ramifications of what that hire would do to our program. Remember- we had three losing seasons after Polk went to Omaha in 2007. I'm not saying we're about to have three straight losing seasons. My point is just because we're hot now it doesn't mean that we're still going to be hot five years from now.

So yeah- trying to champion for a coach who was average at Kentucky because we're hot in the postseason is in the long term....well, stupid.

Todd4State
06-18-2018, 08:48 PM
Plumlee is returning? He's no world beater, but a good Sunday/midweek starter.

Highly doubtful.

Todd4State
06-18-2018, 08:51 PM

You don't even have a clue who is on the team. We're a lot healthier this year as evidenced by the fact that we aren't pitching two of our outfielders at times. And we have Ethan Small back plus two grad transfers that have mostly been healthy all year.

And I've already shown that the healthy guys already didn't progress. Which is why you don't like the stats.

Todd4State
06-18-2018, 08:54 PM
REAL MSU--

Stats suck when they show you are wrong.

And is your defense really that we should hire Henderson because "That's baseball?" You really are completely clueless.

Todd4State
06-18-2018, 09:00 PM
And I will add this AGAIN.

Anyone that is arguing that stats don't matter is also disagreeing with every professional baseball organization in America and beyond. So you're basically saying that MLB doesn't know what they hell they are doing when you say that stats don't matter.

tcdog70
06-18-2018, 09:04 PM
Stats suck when they show you are wrong.

And is your defense really that we should hire Henderson because "That's baseball?" You really are completely clueless.

Dude, where did I say hire Hendo, I said I'm good with the Coach JC hires. I would be ok with Hendo. When every one thinks you are an obsessive message board hero, you might consider they are correct. Where did I say hire Henderson because of that's baseball. I do think He has done an absolutely great job, and I just get sick reading your bullshit rants.

Todd4State
06-18-2018, 09:10 PM
Dude, where did I say hire Hendo, I said I'm good with the Coach JC hires. I would be ok with Hendo. When every one thinks you are an obsessive message board hero, you might consider they are correct. Where did I say hire Henderson because of that's baseball. I do think He has done an absolutely great job, and I just get sick reading your bullshit rants.

Fair enough. Being "OK with Henderson" because "that's baseball" is just as bad.

And if you don't like my "bullshit rants" why don't you just not read them? It's not like your posts add anything to the board other than what appears to be LT era group think. But hey- congrats on getting the guy that holds the MSU record for getting banned on message boards to agree with you.

By the way- since "everyone" here doesn't think I'm an "obsessive message board hero" I guess that makes you wrong again?

tcdog70
06-18-2018, 09:16 PM
Pretty much.

Was that short enough for you?

What's funny is if by chance we hired Henderson people would be saying the "same ignorant shit" that I'm saying now 2-3 years from now just like they are saying the same stuff I said about Dan when he was out coach- whom you also defended and were wrong about.

As I have said before- I'm 3-3 on the last three MSU baseball coaching hires.

Said Polk II was a bad hire back in the Genespage days. And I was right.

Said Cohen would turn us around. I was right.

And I was one of the few that questioned Cann's inexperience.

And all you've got is "but.....but....we're winning now!" without a clue about anything that has to do with the long term ramifications of what that hire would do to our program. Remember- we had three losing seasons after Polk went to Omaha in 2007. I'm not saying we're about to have three straight losing seasons. My point is just because we're hot now it doesn't mean that we're still going to be hot five years from now.

So yeah- trying to champion for a coach who was average at Kentucky because we're hot in the postseason is in the long term....well, stupid.

Dammit boy, going back to Polk , now that is a****ing stretch. Saying Cann might be inexperienced. That is your claim to fame, shit a third grader New he was inexperienced. But you noticed and pointed it out. You are a real genius, how did we miss it. The fact Cohen would turn it around was a call many made--shit He won everywhere he had Coached, but you pointing it out sealed the deal. What 17ing insite you have. But the one real plus you have is taking some ignorant stance and posting it over and over. You are a message board guru in your mind, so it must be true.

tcdog70
06-18-2018, 09:20 PM
Fair enough. Being "OK with Henderson" because "that's baseball" is just as bad.

And if you don't like my "bullshit rants" why don't you just not read them? It's not like your posts add anything to the board other than what appears to be LT era group think. But hey- congrats on getting the guy that holds the MSU record for getting banned on message boards to agree with you.

By the way- since "everyone" here doesn't think I'm an "obsessive message board hero" I guess that makes you wrong again?

Damn can you read. Go to six pack and see how many down votes you get. A legend in your own mind.

06-18-2018, 09:24 PM
Damn can you read. Go to six pack and see how many down votes you get. A legend in your own mind.

No way man, we need his #expert analysis

Todd4State
06-18-2018, 09:36 PM
Dammit boy, going back to Polk , now that is a****ing stretch. Saying Cann might be inexperienced. That is your claim to fame, shit a third grader New he was inexperienced. But you noticed and pointed it out. You are a real genius, how did we miss it. The fact Cohen would turn it around was a call many made--shit He won everywhere he had Coached, but you pointing it out sealed the deal. What 17ing insite you have. But the one real plus you have is taking some ignorant stance and posting it over and over. You are a message board guru in your mind, so it must be true.

Are you drunk or is your spellcheck broken?

Todd4State
06-18-2018, 09:40 PM

So Sixpack votes determine who is an Internet legend or not? I bet if I told Dawgstudent that he would crack up.

Genespage also has up and down votes too- why don't you go there since you obviously fit in better there with the elderly and more casual sports fans.

Todd4State
06-18-2018, 09:43 PM
No way man, we need his #expert analysis

Way to go tcdog70! The village idiot is cheering you on!

Until the next time he is banned.

MarketingBully
06-18-2018, 09:49 PM
It sucks that this run has brought out our idiot fans who know nothing about baseball. Please guys go back to commenting about football and I guess what some of you experts think about basketball but leave baseball alone. Shit.

Bulldog1
06-18-2018, 09:55 PM
(No message)