PDA

View Full Version : Heat in Omaha

Lord McBuckethead
06-17-2018, 09:36 AM
Talking about the real heat index, anyone see that UNC fan wearing the white tank top. Dang.

Also I noted that the camera man during our game, picked some heat from our fanbase as well. They caught some girl during the dance cam. Well done MSU fan. If that is one of your daughters or wives, sorry but wow.
They are going to have an issue during the Ark game.

msstate7
06-17-2018, 09:38 AM
Uhhhh, ark's opponent is Texas. There will be no shortage

Roy Munson
06-17-2018, 09:57 AM
there was a ton of talent in that stadium. Tons of talent all around and a ton of it in maroon.

Dental Dawg33
06-17-2018, 10:37 AM
The talent is unbelievable. And that OSU/UNC game was ridiculously hot. Ran in to a poor Washington fan with his shirt off covering himself in ice bc he was about to have a heat stroke

Bully13
06-17-2018, 10:47 AM
Seriously though you guys who are up there. Would like an honest assessment of the heat you speak of. I remember spending the summer of '86 in NYC. I remember one day out with some friends on the streets and they were all about to die because the heat reached like 82 or something. After spending all my life in MS prior, It felt like 70 or so to me.

With the exception of those months spent in NYC, I've always lived in hot as hell environments. I'm still a believer in "different type of heat" for northerners.

starkvegasdawg
06-17-2018, 11:02 AM
Heat supposed to break midweek and rain most of this upcoming week.

Roy Munson
06-17-2018, 11:38 AM
Seriously though you guys who are up there. Would like an honest assessment of the heat you speak of. I remember spending the summer of '86 in NYC. I remember one day out with some friends on the streets and they were all about to die because the heat reached like 82 or something. After spending all my life in MS prior, It felt like 70 or so to me.

With the exception of those months spent in NYC, I've always lived in hot as hell environments. I'm still a believer in "different type of heat" for northerners.

It?s hot as hell, but it isn?t MS hot. There?s a 15-20 mph wind hat we don?t have and the humidity is less than 50. Dew point was high around 70 yesterday. The reason it?s so miserable is because you are sitting outside exposed in it for 5-10 hours. Nobody does that unless you are working on a roof or on a boat. Go sit in Dudy Noble right now for 5 hours, and it would be way worse than this.

Bully13
06-17-2018, 11:51 AM
It?s hot as hell, but it isn?t MS hot. There?s a 15-20 mph wind hat we don?t have and the humidity is less than 50. Dew point was high around 70 yesterday. The reason it?s so miserable is because you are sitting outside exposed in it for 5-10 hours. Nobody does that unless you are working on a roof or on a boat. Go sit in Dudy Noble right now for 5 hours, and it would be way worse than this.

I'm also a believer in that down here, we don't get any 17ing relief for extended periods of time. It beats on you mentally as well as physically down here. I don't think I've ever lived in a place like here in Fort Worth where there are so many consecutive days with 100 plus temps. We may have less humidity and more wind than say Jackson, MS but make no mistake, it's 17ing miserable here right now. We go extended periods of time with no 17ing rain here too. sux ass.

I also remember the day back in the 90's where I stepped off the bus that took us from our Vegas hotel to the Hoover Dam. I thought I had stepped in front of some type of operating machinery. Hot as hell but it was different. I've had numerous digital watches throughout my lifetime but never had one crystalize from heat like I did while hanging out at the hotel pool in Las Vegas.

TUSK
06-17-2018, 01:15 PM
Regarding "different types of (weather) heat":

I had a plane change in Phoenix en route to LA... I walked outside to look around, and thought, "Wow, this air is kinda warm"... Next to me was a local dicking around with a smart phone (they were "new" then). I asked, "Sir, what's the temperature?"

He smiled, as though his hometown heat was impressive and replied "107."

I asked, "you know what temperature this is in Central Alabama?"

"No.", he responded.

"92.", I said.

Bully13
06-17-2018, 01:39 PM
Hey Tusk, I remember as a 10 YR old taking a vacation in what would be my best guess as the northeastern part of AL. I remember it being fairly mountainous and would assume summers there are much more pleasant than say Jackson, MS...amirite?

TUSK
06-17-2018, 02:15 PM
Hey Tusk, I remember as a 10 YR old taking a vacation in what would be my best guess as the northeastern part of AL. I remember it being fairly mountainous and would assume summers there are much more pleasant than say Jackson, MS...amirite?

Yup, NE AL is basically the Mountains (Appalachians)...

Pit Bull
06-17-2018, 02:47 PM
You want hot.....go to El Paso. Was out there recently and it was 105. But the humidity was about 30%. I didn't even sweat a drop.....but you sunburn so dadgum fast. You can tell the surface temps of things were much hotter than Mississippi, but it was much cooler in the shade than in Mississippi.

iPat09
06-17-2018, 03:01 PM
Lake Havasu, AZ. Hell on Earth. Was out there back in 07 while on tour in DCI. Left some candy on our tour bus during rehearsal. When we got back on it to head to the show site, it was still melted in it's bag. Thermometer read something in the area of 135. It was so hot that day, we took 2 hours off for lunch to cool off and hydrate, and didn't even do a show run through, even though we did one at the end of every rehearsal. That place was brutal. I don't care if it's a "dry heat". When it gets that hot, it doesn't matter anymore.

DawgPoundtheRock
06-17-2018, 03:04 PM
Right now I'm in Chattanooga, TN which is very close to NE AL, an if anything is more mountainous. Currently it is 94 degrees and the humidity is over 60%. Just saying.

RocketDawg
06-17-2018, 04:48 PM
Right now I'm in Chattanooga, TN which is very close to NE AL, an if anything is more mountainous. Currently it is 94 degrees and the humidity is over 60%. Just saying.

Yeah, it's hot and humid here too, but it's not constant all summer. Compared to Jackson, MS, what we're having in north Alabama/east Tennessee is cool. It's mostly humidity, not the absolute temperature.

The hottest two places I've ever been though are New Orleans and Houston. Washington can also be miserable. I once played golf in Yuma and it was over 110. You didn't feel it until you grabbed a club ... good way to get blistered. Humidity was in the 2-3% range.

Dental Dawg33
06-17-2018, 05:29 PM
I'm very accustomed to working in 100+ degree weather in the summer at deer camp and what not. Omaha isn't the hottest I've ever seen but I was naive to how hot it gets here. I thought it would be a Colorado dry hot. Nope, it's F'n hot for the day game. I've left in the 5th both days bc it's not worth the headache

BorneDawg
06-17-2018, 05:35 PM
Most of this past week in Tishomingo County NE corner of MS it was 80 ? with 85% humidity....... At 6 A. M.! With high in high 90's by lunch

viverlibre
06-17-2018, 05:45 PM
Y'all should check out some of the lovely middle eastern countries like Kuwait and Qatar!

AusTexDawg
06-17-2018, 07:07 PM
It was about as hot in Omaha as it was in Austin when I left. Generally in Omaha, it was better with the consistent breeze. Down around the ballpark though, it was miserable. I don’t spend that much time in Austin milling around on all that concrete and asphalt with no shade. It still wasn’t that MS-99%-humidity heat

RocketDawg
06-17-2018, 07:16 PM
It was about as hot in Omaha as it was in Austin when I left. Generally in Omaha, it was better with the consistent breeze. Down around the ballpark though, it was miserable. I don’t spend that much time in Austin milling around on all that concrete and asphalt with no shade. It still wasn’t that MS-99%-humidity heat

Mississippi might have 99% humidity on occasion, but it's not at the same time of day when it's 95 degrees. Daytime highs will be humid, but when it's 95 a relative humidity of 50% will be miserable but more typical.

Anyway, you think Mississippi or Omaha's hot ... read this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2015/07/30/iran-city-hits-suffocating-heat-index-of-154-degrees-near-world-record/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.80edd5ed0013

Lord McBuckethead
06-17-2018, 09:48 PM
God damnit you old mother 17ers, I was commenting on the 24 year old triple ds in a white tank top and you guys move it to the hottest 17n place you ever been. 17 man.

RocketDawg
06-17-2018, 10:07 PM
God damnit you old mother 17ers, I was commenting on the 24 year old triple ds in a white tank top and you guys move it to the hottest 17n place you ever been. 17 man.

Are you saying that hot ≠ hot? **

Pit Bull
06-18-2018, 04:08 AM
Talking about the real heat index, anyone see that UNC fan wearing the white tank top. Dang.

Also I noted that the camera man during our game, picked some heat from our fanbase as well. They caught some girl during the dance cam. Well done MSU fan. If that is one of your daughters or wives, sorry but wow.
They are going to have an issue during the Ark game.

Wish Laura Rutledge would wear a white tank top and get caught in a cold rainstorm to boot. :cool:

RocketDawg
06-18-2018, 06:56 PM
Wish Laura Rutledge would wear a white tank top and get caught in a cold rainstorm to boot. :cool:

That could potentially happen tonight.