PDA

View Full Version : Look at Belmont

bobcat91
06-16-2018, 10:27 PM
Walking there ass off. Magnum, Stovall and Luke were bails and Small pitches a gem

shoeless joe
06-16-2018, 10:31 PM
LA and small were the reasons we won. He played outstanding D and continued his good hitting of late. He actually the guy I wanted up in that situation

KOdawg1
06-16-2018, 10:35 PM
Good job by the veterans on this team. They stepped up when our freshmen were caving under the pressure. Maybe this win will cause them to play looser Monday. We'll need it.

Homedawg
06-16-2018, 10:58 PM
Good job by the veterans on this team. They stepped up when our freshmen were caving under the pressure. Maybe this win will cause them to play looser Monday. We'll need it.

I?m not sure what looser means. We hit a ton of hard hit balls for outs. I hope we hit the same number Monday, some will find real estate

maroonmania
06-16-2018, 10:59 PM

Exactly, hope the freshman got the jitters out of their system. We got absolutely nothing from them tonight and we gotta have them going forward to have a shot at this thing.

shoeless joe
06-16-2018, 11:00 PM
I?m not sure what looser means. We hit a ton of hard hit balls for outs. I hope we hit the same number Monday, some will find real estate

Beat me to it. That was a well played game. Gotta tip your hat to their guy on the mound and their SS. Yeah foscue didn't execute the bunt but in amazed that had turned into "the moment was too big for our freshmen"

deadheaddawg
06-16-2018, 11:14 PM
That shortstop they have is a momentum killer. I didn't think the pressure was too big. We hit the ball hard. Didn't really have many mental mistakes. Errors, bad base running, and stuff like that seemed ok.

They just had lock down Fielding and pitching tonight.

And we outlasted them. That's baseball. That's good baseball

Commercecomet24
06-16-2018, 11:19 PM

This! Team played extremely well. No errors and some balls that were smoked that didn't get through and we had 10 hits on top of that. This team is at the point where they don't think anyone can beat them and that is one awesome feeling. Don't have to have the most talent when the sum is greater than the parts. We are a true TEAM!

KOdawg1
06-16-2018, 11:46 PM

I was talking about our freshmen. Allen hit one ball hard, but Rowdey, Fosc, and Westburg had terrible at-bats. It's understandable since this is the biggest stage they've ever been on. But maybe the jitters will be gone Monday

Pit Bull
06-16-2018, 11:48 PM

That's what I saw too......lots of hard hit balls right at people and credit Washington for playing a real tight infield defense.

Todd4State
06-16-2018, 11:49 PM
LA and small were the reasons we won. He played outstanding D and continued his good hitting of late. He actually the guy I wanted up in that situation

I'll be honest- I was worried that they were going to IBB and go after Skelton and Westburg had we gotten the bunt down.

I wanted LA to hit too- he had a good night at the plate.

Todd4State
06-16-2018, 11:51 PM
This! Team played extremely well. No errors and some balls that were smoked that didn't get through and we had 10 hits on top of that. This team is at the point where they don't think anyone can beat them and that is one awesome feeling. Don't have to have the most talent when the sum is greater than the parts. We are a true TEAM!

That's right. We just find a way to get it done somehow.

We've already beaten one of our nemesises- the guy that doesn't throw hard and shuts us down.

Next up is our nemesis North Carolina.

Todd4State
06-16-2018, 11:53 PM
I was talking about our freshmen. Allen hit one ball hard, but Rowdey, Fosc, and Westburg had terrible at-bats. It's understandable since this is the biggest stage they've ever been on. But maybe the jitters will be gone Monday

I don't think that was jitters. I think that was more trying to pull the guy. If I was Gautreau I would have been besides myself with their approach. Rowdey had a little bit more bad luck than approach. He hit into a double play that probably gets through had they not been at double play depth and as Eduardo Perez said he was just under a sinker and that doesn't happen a lot. But Foscue and Westburg had WTF? freshmen AB's.

Skydawg1
06-17-2018, 12:03 AM
That's right. We just find a way to get it done somehow.

We've already beaten one of our nemesises- the guy that doesn't throw hard and shuts us down.

Next up is our nemesis North Carolina.

Monkey's off our back/Omens thus far:

Pitcher hit on ankle - We won
Since 1985, first scoreless ninth inning game - We won
Monkey's favorite food - Bananas
North Carolina - come on down

Todd4State
06-17-2018, 12:10 AM
Monkey's off our back/Omens thus far:

Pitcher hit on ankle - We won
Since 1985, first scoreless ninth inning game - We won
Monkey's favorite food - Bananas
North Carolina - come on down

I'll believe it if we beat North Carolina.

Really Clark?
06-17-2018, 08:11 AM
I don't think that was jitters. I think that was more trying to pull the guy. If I was Gautreau I would have been besides myself with their approach. Rowdey had a little bit more bad luck than approach. He hit into a double play that probably gets through had they not been at double play depth and as Eduardo Perez said he was just under a sinker and that doesn't happen a lot. But Foscue and Westburg had WTF? freshmen AB's.

Yes on Rowdy’s approach. He wasn’t pulling the one up the middle, just was a little early. And if the ball does not move late off the black, which it’s suppose to for the pitcher, he gets more barrel on the ball and it probably gets through as well. Hit it off the end of the bat as well.

But here is another thing. I see so many talk about oppo approach but also guys adding power and launch angles, etc. Y’all have to understand for right or wrong in the long term for this sport, it’s harder to just go with the pitch oppo when the DNA of hitters today is not wired that way and they have to stay geared up for 92+ that they see all the time. And to be asked to do it, on that stage, against a guy that teams have only hit .212 on the year off of...it’s just not going to happen consistently. Hitting to all fields, and I mean hitting not flicking it to opposite field, is a diminishing skill set because of the amount of time players and hitting coaches are spending on power approaches and high velocity