PDA

View Full Version : Other Games in Omaha Discussion

TheRef
06-16-2018, 02:11 PM
Oregon State and North Carolina starting off now.

Oregon State is pitching Luke Heimlich and he gives up a first-pitch hit that eats up the SS and plunks the next batter. 3rd batter is a K looking

TheRef
06-16-2018, 02:16 PM
Current conditions: 95 ?F, winds from the SSE at 21 MPH, Dew Point of 70

TheRef
06-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Heimlich gets out of the inning without any damage. Tar Heels leave 2 on.

msstate7
06-16-2018, 02:20 PM
Heimlich gets out of the inning without any damage. Tar Heels leave 2 on.

Long inning though... keep em out there in the heat making stressful pitches. Should pay off later. Yes, I want North Carolina to win

MoreCowbell
06-16-2018, 02:25 PM
Swing the damn bat UNC. Should have bunted with guys on 1st and 2nd and no one out. Instead #3 batter doesn?t swing at a pitch. Geeze.

shoeless joe
06-16-2018, 02:25 PM
Casey is such an idiot bunting in the first inning in a possible pitchers duel...no way OSU will compete for a title with THAT guy runnin the show...

TheRef
06-16-2018, 02:28 PM
Casey is such an idiot bunting in the first inning in a possible pitchers duel...no way OSU will compete for a title with THAT guy runnin the show...

Did you forget these? ****

msstate7

That was a pull bunt... not so sure that was a sacarifice.

TheRef
RBI Triple to straight center by Oregon State. That was a damn good hit.

msstate7
06-16-2018, 02:29 PM
North Carolina CF is not good... well, he played that horribly

Bulldog1

I hope so...

Oregon State up 1-0, bottom 1st.

shoeless joe
That was a pull bunt... not so sure that was a sacarifice.

Was a straight sacrifice he squared early on both pitches

MoreCowbell
Not bunting in first inning was just stupid for UNC. Guaranteed run and momentum and got nothing. Got Heimlich momentum too. Just stupid.

shoeless joe
06-16-2018, 02:31 PM

I was hoping the sarcasm dripped so thick that they weren't needed. I was just giving a preview of how some dumbass will make that post if we do the same tonite and make the leap to how we couldn't compete with hendo based on that sorta thing when obviously successful coaches approach the game in that way. Carry on...

msstate7
06-16-2018, 02:31 PM
Was a straight sacrifice he squared early on both pitches

Ahhh, only caught the actual bunt. Dumb then imo... hitter has an .875 ops.

TheRef
06-16-2018, 02:33 PM
Oh no...UNC is going to do a pitching change with their old ace. Damn....

msstate7
06-16-2018, 02:34 PM
Pitcher says elbow hurting. Coach says throw the ball. What a douche UNC has for a coach. Just get the kid out of there

MoreCowbell
06-16-2018, 02:35 PM
Pitcher says elbow hurting. Coach says throw the ball. What a douche UNC has for a coach. Just get the kid out of there
Agreed. Kid threw 15 pitches already, think he would know if he could go by then.

shoeless joe
06-16-2018, 02:37 PM
Oh no...UNC is going to do a pitching change with their old ace. Damn....

Guess we really want them to get the W now

TheRef
06-16-2018, 02:38 PM
That wind up is extravagant.

msstate7
06-16-2018, 02:38 PM
Agreed. Kid threw 15 pitches already, think he would know if he could go by then.

Which is why I never think big time pitching prospects should go to college. Not all, but a crap ton of these coaches think of winning games a heck of a lot more than a kid's future. Position prospects are different... I like them to go to school

TheRef
06-16-2018, 02:39 PM
Now that was a damn good throw by the 3B

msstate7
06-16-2018, 02:39 PM
What a play

MoreCowbell
06-16-2018, 02:40 PM
Which is why I never think big time pitching prospects should go to college. Not all, but a crap ton of these coaches think of winning games a heck of a lot more than a kid's future. Position prospects are different... I like them to go to school
Elbow pain is nothing to F around with either. I tried to pitch through it my senior year of high school and it ruined my future in the sport.

TheRef
06-16-2018, 02:42 PM
That was an explosive foul bowl. Damn!!!

MoreCowbell
06-16-2018, 02:48 PM
I?d bunt here

MoreCowbell
06-16-2018, 02:50 PM
Get em in Tarheels

MoreCowbell
06-16-2018, 02:52 PM
Hiemlich wild as hell to start off. His ass is not use to this heat.

TheRef
06-16-2018, 03:17 PM
Oregon State is struggling HARD today.

Bulldog1
06-16-2018, 03:19 PM
Carolina up 3-1. Runners on the corners, 1 out.

Pit Bull
06-16-2018, 03:20 PM
Oregon State and North Carolina starting off now.

Oregon State is pitching Luke Heimlich and he gives up a first-pitch hit that eats up the SS and plunks the next batter. 3rd batter is a K looking

Why does everybody want Oregon State to win? It's clear UNC is the better and deeper team.

TheRef
06-16-2018, 03:22 PM
Heimlich done after 64 pitches in 2 1/3 pitches. Damn...never expect that, to be honest.

Pit Bull
06-16-2018, 03:24 PM
I was hoping the sarcasm dripped so thick that they weren't needed. I was just giving a preview of how some dumbass will make that post if we do the same tonite and make the leap to how we couldn't compete with hendo based on that sorta thing when obviously successful coaches approach the game in that way. Carry on...

Trust me, it'll get repeated on here tonight for Hendo too. And in the same breath....many on here I noticed included Pat Casey as a coach they would take over Hendoo in a NY minute. Just shows what a bastion of baseball knowledge ED is......didn't you know that?

MoreCowbell
06-16-2018, 03:27 PM
Why does everybody want Oregon State to win? It's clear UNC is the better and deeper team.
Through 3 innings of game 1, sure. Dont kid yourself though, Oregon State is the most talented team in this tournament and that is why they are favored to win the CWS by a good margin in Vegas.

Bulldog1
Trust me, it'll get repeated on here tonight for Hendo too. And in the same breath....many on here I noticed included Pat Casey as a coach they would take over Hendoo in a NY minute. Just shows what a bastion of baseball knowledge ED is......didn't you know that?

I would take Pat Casey over Gary Henderson 100 times out of 100.

Pit Bull
That wind up is extravagant.

TD Ameritrade is made for slap hitting punch and judy style teams. If you know how to manufacture runs you should be competitive.

Pit Bull
06-16-2018, 03:28 PM
I would take Pat Casey over Gary Henderson 100 times out of 100.

See....didn't even have to wait til tonight to hear the ED Baseball underworld to speak!!

msstate7
06-16-2018, 03:31 PM

Yep, you nailed it... idiot for bunting in the 1st with no outs and 1 runner on. 6-1 in the 3rd

TheRef
06-16-2018, 03:32 PM
Oregon State doesn't want to be here right now. Their minds are elsewhere.

Lord McBuckethead
06-16-2018, 03:36 PM
Anyone see that NC fan with the hat? Damn.

CadaverDawg
06-16-2018, 03:38 PM
See....didn't even have to wait til tonight to hear the ED Baseball underworld to speak!!

He's right. And if you say you'd take Henderson over Casey, you're one of the fans that has gotten too caught up in one late season run, and is not looking at the big picture. Choosing GH simply bc of this Omaha trip, is the type of short sighted shit move that could set this program back a decade.

I'm sure we'll discuss it even more to death after the CWS, but I think making GH HC would be a big mistake

shoeless joe
06-16-2018, 03:41 PM
Yep, you nailed it... idiot for bunting in the 1st with no outs and 1 runner on. 6-1 in the 3rd

I guess gotro musta been his assistant back in 06 and 07 to make sure those players won despite his idiot coaching

deadheaddawg
06-16-2018, 03:44 PM
He's right. And if you say you'd take Henderson over Casey, you're one of the fans that has gotten too caught up in one late season run, and is not looking at the big picture. Choosing GH simply bc of this Omaha trip, is the type of short sighted shit move that could set this program back a decade.

I'm sure we'll discuss it even more to death after the CWS, but I think making GH HC would be a big mistake

I honestly can't answer that without knowing who are the other coaches WE COULD GET

And a lot of people will probably start in with "we could get so and so"....but nobody here has a clue who the legit potential candidates are.

There is not a bigger name head coach we know for sure that will take it.

msstate7
06-16-2018, 03:45 PM
I guess gotro musta been his assistant back in 06 and 07 to make sure those players won despite his idiot coaching

Haha... well done

ChillOutDog
06-16-2018, 03:45 PM

Yuge mistake indeed.

It’s people that want to feel good (aw shucks Rick Cleveland) and have a light following of the program against those who want to become rightfully a national power and are ingrained with the program

msstate7
06-16-2018, 03:46 PM

Who wouldn't take Casey over Henderson though? Hell, I'll take joe maddon over Henderson too. Bout the same chance we land maddon as Casey

Bulldog1
06-16-2018, 03:49 PM
Who wouldn't take Casey over Henderson though? Hell, I'll take joe maddon over Henderson too. Bout the same chance we land maddon as Casey
Some of our fans.

CadaverDawg
06-16-2018, 04:22 PM

The guy whose response I quoted apparently would. Which is why I responded. Some of our fans are so awestruck by this run, they're judgement is totally f'd.

We may not can get a Casey, but we can do better than a Henderson. My opinion of course.

Bulldog1
06-16-2018, 04:33 PM
The guy whose response I quoted apparently would. Which is why I responded. Some of our fans are so awestruck by this run, they're judgement is totally f'd.

We may not can get a Casey, but we can do better than a Henderson. My opinion of course.
I agree- we can do better. And I can't believe anyone would rather have Henderson over Casey. That's ridiculous.

msstate7
06-16-2018, 04:41 PM

Don't mind me then... carry on

bostondawg
06-16-2018, 05:20 PM
Yikes the third base ump just missed a really obvious call. Hope we get good officiating tonight.

KOdawg1
06-16-2018, 05:22 PM
We REALLY need to win tonight. I don't want to face Oregon State in an elimination game

TheRef
06-16-2018, 05:25 PM
3.5 hours in...we just hit the 7th inning stretch. Oh...and it's still 97 degrees.

KOdawg1
06-16-2018, 05:26 PM
3.5 hours in...we just hit the 7th inning stretch. Oh...and it's still 97 degrees.
College baseball games are simply too long.

Liverpooldawg
06-16-2018, 05:41 PM

And not taking him could do exactly the same thing.

Todd4State
06-16-2018, 06:28 PM

We'll never replace Dan Mullen. What will poor lil MSU ever do?**

Todd4State
06-16-2018, 06:29 PM

And here's the difference we actually have Henderson's track record as a head coach. It has plenty of red flags.

Even this season has red flags. Like 20 come from behind wins. If you think that is sustainable you probably thought Croom's 2007 season wasn't smoke and mirrors either.

TheRef
06-16-2018, 06:30 PM
Officially just witnessed the longest 9 inning game in CWS history at 4 hours, and over 22 minutes.

Todd4State
06-16-2018, 06:32 PM

Yep. If we don't get a Casey or a big name I say go get the best up and comer. And if that's Gautreau- I'm totally fine with that. IMO he has more to do with this run than Henderson. It's just that some of our Pollyanna fans think Henderson is pushing all of the buttons because he has the title. This run started when our offense started to pick it up.

Todd4State
06-16-2018, 06:33 PM
I agree- we can do better. And I can't believe anyone would rather have Henderson over Casey. That's ridiculous.

Pollyanna poor lil MSU fans, women, and Rick Cleveland.

Bulldog1
06-16-2018, 06:46 PM

The folks on Genespage are out of control wanting Henderson.

ChillOutDog
06-16-2018, 06:47 PM

Small brains can’t understand the difference between “process” and “results” - everything that happens on a baseball field is not correlated to the head coach. Henderson’s process over his CAREER and in so many games this year is not the recipe for sustained success at the highest levels.

The only honest way the “hire Gary” crowd can have that opinion, including Ricky Cleveland, is if they would believe the exact same thing had Mac struck out instead of walked off FSU.

Todd4State
06-16-2018, 06:56 PM
Small brains can’t understand the difference between “process” and “results” - everything that happens on a baseball field is not correlated to the head coach. Henderson’s process over his CAREER and in so many games this year is not the recipe for sustained success at the highest levels.

The only honest way the “hire Gary” crowd can have that opinion, including Ricky Cleveland, is if they would believe the exact same thing had Mac struck out instead of walked off FSU.

This dude just nailed it.