PDA

View Full Version : This is what MSU baseball is all about in one video

Todd4State
06-14-2018, 06:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JWBk_LhmVM

Commercecomet24
06-14-2018, 07:06 PM
That's one of the best things I've ever seen! Great job on the production!

shoeless joe
06-14-2018, 07:11 PM
Man...I've watched it twice...and I'm about to catch hell, but I feel a 2 and Q comin after that. Comes off as the players are just happy to be there. Like a "look what we did" attitude. And why mention ole miss? I like the highlights against them but I'd rather talk about sweeping the teams that are good enough to still be playing. Not bragging about beating the team that hasn't played in two weeks.

KOdawg1
06-14-2018, 07:14 PM
Man...I've watched it twice...and I'm about to catch hell, but I feel a 2 and Q comin after that. Comes off as the players are just happy to be there. Like a "look what we did" attitude. And why mention ole miss? I like the highlights against them but I'd rather talk about sweeping the teams that are good enough to still be playing. Not bragging about beating the team that hasn't played in two weeks.

They're our rival. If you remember correctly, we were just hoping to not get swept by them. That series was the turning point of the season imo. I didn't mind it.

SaintDawg
06-14-2018, 07:15 PM

Anyone got a brick wall I can run through real quick?!?! Who cares if we're 2 and Q. We playin on house money, baby! Let them boys loose and have fun! Play some Dawg baseball and ride this wave as far as it'll take us! Wooooo!!!!

Commercecomet24
06-14-2018, 07:17 PM
I look at as a highlight/recap of the season and what it took to get to this point. It's s great video.

DawgRockur
06-14-2018, 07:36 PM
The TSUN series was the turning point of our season. Why the 17 would you not mention it?

RoverDog
06-14-2018, 07:59 PM
Damn. That was badass

DownwardDawg
06-14-2018, 08:20 PM
Very impressive!!

SaintDawg
06-14-2018, 09:07 PM
Jake equals Dak.

BorneDawg
06-14-2018, 09:18 PM
Nm

West Tn Dawg
06-14-2018, 09:59 PM
Outstanding!!!

preachermatt83
06-14-2018, 10:50 PM
Jake equals Dak.

Dare i say... Jake>Dak??

CadaverDawg
06-14-2018, 11:45 PM

How in the hell is this what you took away from that video? I saw your post before watching the video, and thought "shit, I'm not going to like it".... but I felt like we watched 2 different videos. That was awesome, and I love the confidence this team has and the pride in the program they exhibit. It's rare for MSU teams to act like they're supposed to be competing for Titles, so that was refreshing. Hail Jake Mangum, and Hail Damn State

shoeless joe
06-15-2018, 12:15 AM
How in the hell is this what you took away from that video? I saw your post before watching the video, and thought "shit, I'm not going to like it".... but I felt like we watched 2 different videos. That was awesome, and I love the confidence this team has and the pride in the program they exhibit. It's rare for MSU teams to act like they're supposed to be competing for Titles, so that was refreshing. Hail Jake Mangum, and Hail Damn State

I liked the last part where they talk about the great players of the past but for some reason the rest of it hit me wrong. That's why I watched it twice...just to make sure. Oh well...good thing is how I feel about it means nothing and I hope I'm wrong and we rule the day in Omaha

Todd4State
06-15-2018, 12:15 AM

Talking about winning a National Championship doesn't say just happy to be there to me.

Ole Miss has been getting a lot of praise and has been talking shit about our "small" baseball team. For not really much good reason other than Baseball America ranked their recruiting class number one a couple of years ago. In the meantime our guys that are juniors have been to three Super Regionals in a row, won the SEC, and are now in Omaha- with a 10-2 record against Ole Miss including three Governor's Cups in a row. So I understand why it was mentioned. There was also a subtle shot at USM in there too about being the only team in Mississippi still playing. USM has done their share of talking this year too. Fortunately for them it only took home field and a coach that was completely checked out to level the playing field for them.

shoeless joe
06-15-2018, 12:19 AM
Talking about winning a National Championship doesn't say just happy to be there to me.

Ole Miss has been getting a lot of praise and has been talking shit about our "small" baseball team. For not really much good reason other than Baseball America ranked their recruiting class number one a couple of years ago. In the meantime our guys that are juniors have been to three Super Regionals in a row, won the SEC, and are now in Omaha- with a 10-2 record against Ole Miss including three Governor's Cups in a row. So I understand why it was mentioned. There was also a subtle shot at USM in there too about being the only team in Mississippi still playing. USM has done their share of talking this year too. Fortunately for them it only took home field and a coach that was completely checked out to level the playing field for them.

Good points on the recruiting classes

Todd4State
06-15-2018, 12:28 AM
I liked the last part where they talk about the great players of the past but for some reason the rest of it hit me wrong. That's why I watched it twice...just to make sure. Oh well...good thing is how I feel about it means nothing and I hope I'm wrong and we rule the day in Omaha

I will be interested to see how we do. I think doing well in 2013 has raised our teams confidence from maybe some of our other Omaha teams. The biggest thing against us is we do not have anyone on the team with Omaha experience.

But what is really neat about this team is all of the freshmen that will have Omaha experience after this. That could certainly help us down the road. And this experience no matter what happens could springboard us into next year- Small is very likely to come back and we know Mangum will be back. Those are two fourth year players. Then we have a couple of other seniors in MacNamee and LA....and then Marshall Gilbert and Skelton will be upper classmen catchers. Rowdey, Allen, Foscue, Westburg, Hatcher and Jordan Anderson are all freshmen that could make some significant improvements in the offseason. The pitching staff will be a question but Small likely coming back gives us a legit Friday night guy and I think Keegan will make some strides in the Cape. Neither one was totally 100% back this season from Tommy John and next year should be their big jump year. Self gives us someone that can close....and maybe start if he adds to his arsenal. Tyler Spring, Ashcraft, and Kale Breaux are wild cards at this point to me. Hopefully at least one contributes next year. Same could be said for Spencer Price. And if I'm the new coach, I'm begging Cole Gordon to come back. Hopefully the light comes on for Denver McQuary soon too. Right now he looks like Evan Mitchell 2.0 to me.

Todd4State
06-15-2018, 12:38 AM
Good points on the recruiting classes

The thing about it to me is Baseball America is by far the least reliable as far as ranking baseball recruiting classes.

But to add to it...

We take two of three from Ole Miss....and the National baseball writers don't say a peep. We sweep Arkansas....and the National baseball writers don't say a peep. We sweep Florida.....and the National baseball writers don't say a peep.

Ole Miss sweeps Winthrop at home....WHAT AN IMPRESSIVE SWEEP FOR OLE MISS! In fact Ole Miss didn't play a single team that had a winning record in pre- SEC play and mostly at home. And yet they got a ton of hype all season long.

And then USM was ranked in the top 15 for most of the year when their toughest competition is FAU and La Tech. With Tulane, East Carolina, Houston, and Memphis leaving C-USA plus Rice going into a transition phase where they probably won't be what they were it's literally USM and the 11 dwarfs. The Sun Belt is a better baseball conference than C-USA now.

ScoobaDawg
06-15-2018, 01:08 PM
This is the best baseball video (if NOT the best video of any sport...) we have ever made. DAMN that will get you pumped and as others have said.. so many parts to that video. recruiting angles, Showing the UM series was the turning point of the year.. noting on all the noteables vs top 5 and top 10.. noting we are never out of an elimination game.

This team wont quit. And I love their attitude so much. Damn I wish I could be in Omaha

msstatelp1
06-15-2018, 01:21 PM

I gotta disagree with you. That video says just what it needs to at the end..."Watch out Omaha, the Dogs are coming." We won't quit, we won't give in, we won't give up. Bring your best because we are bringing our best.

These guys have already won the biggest battle and that is with themselves. They believe they can win in any situation and that belief will carry them. I'll be very surprised if they go 2 and Q.

Bully13
06-15-2018, 01:49 PM
Did Mangum say "T" "SUN" ? don't think I've ever heard it pronounced that way. awesome video.

ScoobaDawg
06-15-2018, 02:01 PM
Did Mangum say "T" "SUN" ? don't think I've ever heard it pronounced that way. awesome video.

How else would it be pro-noun-ced?

Statecoachingblows**
06-23-2018, 06:36 PM
BUMP....get hyped GO DAWGS!