PDA

View Full Version : Dang Tiger. Give it up dude.

State82
06-14-2018, 01:29 PM
Starts triple bogey, bogey on his first two holes in the U.S. Open. Even Spieth shot 78. Tough day

thf24
06-14-2018, 01:43 PM
He's far from the only one struggling. This course and present conditions are maniacal.

smootness
06-14-2018, 01:46 PM
What a fun tournament...

CarolinaDawgs
06-14-2018, 01:47 PM
Top 25 in 6 of his 9 starts this year.

Currently at same pace as Spieth was. Did you watch? or just a hater?

louisvilledawg
06-14-2018, 02:30 PM
Starts triple bogey, bogey on his first two holes in the U.S. Open. Even Spieth shot 78. Tough day

So you're saying give it up? But also tough day? What?

Jack Lambert
06-14-2018, 03:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNFTGEtT4oE

Schultzy
06-14-2018, 04:19 PM
I’m just glad they’re back at a true U.S. Open venue where the champion will be close to par. I bet Tiger makes the cut, though.

Political Hack
06-14-2018, 05:01 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about sex addiction.

biggun
06-14-2018, 05:07 PM
I’m just glad they’re back at a true U.S. Open venue where the champion will be close to par. I bet Tiger makes the cut, though.

Don’t bet on it

biggun
06-14-2018, 05:09 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about sex addiction.

Don’t forget about pain pill addiction with a side of serious steroids

Bully13
06-14-2018, 05:12 PM
When Tiger and Spieth shoot 8 over and finish day 1 tied for 113th, that's about all I need to know. It's Golf. Shit Happens. I've seen some great golf played by Tiger of late, he ain't going anywhere. Neither is Spieth . They'll both be back to play another day and will impress. The Game Needs Tiger in there. Glad he's back. Prolly will never put up his Ruthian numbers of the past, but he's still got game.

somebodyshotmypaw
06-14-2018, 05:42 PM
Tiger's problem is that he sucks now. This is big time golf and he is not a good player anymore. Nobody really believes he is going to compete to win a major right now.

Anonymous
06-14-2018, 07:12 PM
Tiger's problem is that he sucks now. This is big time golf and he is not a good player anymore. Nobody really believes he is going to compete to win a major right now.

Several of the best in the world struggled today. This is a bad post and you should feel bad.

Rick Danko
06-14-2018, 07:34 PM
Several of the best in the world struggled today. This is a bad post and you should feel bad.

Yes and no. Does tiger suck? No. Is he past his prime? Yes. Chance he wins a major again??? Meh, I?d put it 100-1. The game has passed him by just like it does to everyone eventually.

Anonymous
06-14-2018, 07:41 PM
Yes and no. Does tiger suck? No. Is he past his prime? Yes. Chance he wins a major again??? Meh, I?d put it 100-1. The game has passed him by just like it does to everyone eventually.

Has the fastest club head speed on tour right now so he definitely still has the potential. We will see, you can't judge anyone on this course though, just look at Spieth, Rory, Jason Day, Koepka, Phil, etc...

confucius say
06-14-2018, 07:43 PM
Don?t forget about pain pill addiction with a side of serious steroids

Hey, leave Phil out of this

Rick Danko
06-14-2018, 08:00 PM
Has the fastest club head speed on tour right now so he definitely still has the potential. We will see, you can't judge anyone on this course though, just look at Spieth, Rory, Jason Day, Koepka, Phil, etc...

I can judge on the fact he?s been nowhere close to winning a major in years. Is he still good? Yes. But again, and I?ll alter my stance a bit, it will take a miracle for him to win ONE more major, but I just don?t see it happening.

fader2103
06-14-2018, 09:02 PM
I think Tiger is battling not only physical battles still but also mental. I think he really needs to play in one or two smaller pga tournaments to get some confidence up. You got to think though he had had what 2 or 3 back and knee surgeries pills or not that?s remarkable given his age. The man is an athlete and will win again, maybe a major or not but will win again

Dawg61
06-15-2018, 01:47 AM
I think Tiger is battling not only physical battles still but also mental. I think he really needs to play in one or two smaller pga tournaments to get some confidence up. You got to think though he had had what 2 or 3 back and knee surgeries pills or not that?s remarkable given his age. The man is an athlete and will win again, maybe a major or not but will win again

It's nerves. He'll never admit it but he gets nervous in the majors now which is totally foreign ground for him. Dude had nerves of steel when he was #1. His wedge game isn't where it used to be either. He still hits the ball beautifully and drives it straighter than ever. I think we see Tiger figure it out at least once more and win a major before he's gone for good. I really wanted him to beat Jack's record but that's looking very doubtful at this point. He's still top 50 on the money list with only 9 events and he's already climbed into the top 80 world rankings after being injured for a year so give him some time still.

louisvilledawg
06-15-2018, 08:37 AM

You has the dumb.

louisvilledawg
06-15-2018, 08:42 AM
It's nerves. He'll never admit it but he gets nervous in the majors now which is totally foreign ground for him. Dude had nerves of steel when he was #1. His wedge game isn't where it used to be either. He still hits the ball beautifully and drives it straighter than ever. I think we see Tiger figure it out at least once more and win a major before he's gone for good. I really wanted him to beat Jack's record but that's looking very doubtful at this point. He's still top 50 on the money list with only 9 events and he's already climbed into the top 80 world rankings after being injured for a year so give him some time still.

He's like 182 in driving accuracy. Would say driving it straighter than ever isn't correct. He's also top 20 on tour in wedge proximity from 0-100 yards. He has struggled from 125-175 yards in proximity, but it also picks back up with his long irons and he's top 25 from 175-225.

Dawg61
06-15-2018, 09:01 AM
He's like 182 in driving accuracy. Would say driving it straighter than ever isn't correct. He's also top 20 on tour in wedge proximity from 0-100 yards. He has struggled from 125-175 yards in proximity, but it also picks back up with his long irons and he's top 25 from 175-225.

Is 182 his best ever? By wedge game I mean saving par when he doesn't hit the green in regulation.

CarolinaDawgs
06-15-2018, 10:15 AM
I can judge on the fact he?s been nowhere close to winning a major in years. Is he still good? Yes. But again, and I?ll alter my stance a bit, it will take a miracle for him to win ONE more major, but I just don?t see it happening.

Considering he hasn't been healthy in years, you're right he hasn't been close. What do you consider a miracle? you didn't alter shit. 100-1 and miracle are about the same thing. The game has nowhere near passed him by. Anonymous said it well.

fishwater99
06-15-2018, 10:56 AM

I love to watch him lose..

somebodyshotmypaw
06-16-2018, 08:51 AM

So what time does he tee off today (Saturday)? I'll watch him closely and see if I should feel bad.

Dawg61
06-16-2018, 10:02 AM
So what time does he tee off today (Saturday)? I'll watch him closely and see if I should feel bad.

There's only one player under par and he's currently ranked #1 in the world. Tiger didn't make the cut but the course is brutal. He is far from being done.

somebodyshotmypaw
06-16-2018, 10:37 AM
There's only one player under par and he's currently ranked #1 in the world. Tiger didn't make the cut but the course is brutal. He is far from being done.

But there were 67 players who did make the cut.

Dawg61
06-16-2018, 10:46 AM
But there were 67 players who did make the cut.

And Tiger would of been one of them if he hadn't tripled his very first hole of the tournament. It's just nerves. It's not from a deteriorating skill set. I don't think it helped Tiger he was paired up with Dustin Johnson and Justin Thomas for both days.

Bully13
06-16-2018, 11:53 AM

Agreed. I've seen too many good rounds played by Tiger since his return. I like his personality style better these days. Ever since I saw back in the 90's when a golfer named Dickey Pride win the St. Jude, I've just always been turned off by golfers who like to celebrate the same way a NBA Basketball Star does after a monster dunk. And I LOVE it when the big guy on the court I'm rooting for slams and goes off. I just don't like it in golf. Each to his own though. So I always pulled for Tiger to get beat during his Ruthian Run.

Tiger ain't gone and he's a valuable asset to the PGA and golf around the world.

somebodyshotmypaw
06-16-2018, 08:15 PM
And Tiger would of been one of them if he hadn't tripled his very first hole of the tournament. It's just nerves. It's not from a deteriorating skill set. I don't think it helped Tiger he was paired up with Dustin Johnson and Justin Thomas for both days.

Somehow 67 others managed to not triple the very first hole of the tournament, and go on and make the cut.

Using your logic, if I could only hit .320 with 40 homers, 30 stolen bases, a .440 OBP, and play great defense, I would be as good as Mike Trout. If. Only if.

Tiger may get his mojo back in the future and improve. It's certainly possible. But there was nothing going into this tournament that said he could or would be competitive. And I was right.

Bully13
06-16-2018, 09:22 PM
Somehow 67 others managed to not triple the very first hole of the tournament, and go on and make the cut.

Using your logic, if I could only hit .320 with 40 homers, 30 stolen bases, a .440 OBP, and play great defense, I would be as good as Mike Trout. If. Only if.

Tiger may get his mojo back in the future and improve. It's certainly possible. But there was nothing going into this tournament that said he could or would be competitive. And I was right.

Are you saying that because Tiger's driving accuracy has been way off and this course was not going to allow errant t-shots? If so, would be hard to argue your logic there and would also mean you called it right. Don't really with your "67 others" comment though because in golf, shit happens. Spief, McElroy and other top notchers are home tonight as well. don't mean shit.

somebodyshotmypaw
06-16-2018, 09:49 PM
Are you saying that because Tiger's driving accuracy has been way off and this course was not going to allow errant t-shots? If so, would be hard to argue your logic there and would also mean you called it right. Don't really with your "67 others" comment though because in golf, shit happens. Spief, McElroy and other top notchers are home tonight as well. don't mean shit.

Sure there are others that missed the cut. That's how golf works. But some of those others had shown things in their game where you could have said on Tuesday or Wednesday "they have a chance to be competitive in this tournament when it starts". There was nothing in Tiger's game where I would have said early in the week "Tiger can be competitive when this thing starts Thursday." And I was correct. It might change soon. We will see.

It's like before the NBA season started, people said the Warriors can win (they did), the Cavs can win (they didn't), the Rockets can win (they didn't), the Celtics can win (they didn't), the Spurs can win (Kawhi got hurt and they didn't). Because there were things that said those teams could be competitive for a championship. But there was nothing that said the Magic or Nets could win. It's just wasn't there.

I see scenarios where Bama or Georgia or Clemson can win the national football championship this fall. Hell I even see a scenario where MSU can win it. I just don't see the scenario where Vandy or Arkansas can win it this fall. That's where Tiger was entering this thing.

Bully13
06-16-2018, 10:05 PM
Sure there are others that missed the cut. That's how golf works. But some of those others had shown things in their game where you could have said on Tuesday or Wednesday "they have a chance to be competitive in this tournament when it starts". There was nothing in Tiger's game where I would have said early in the week "Tiger can be competitive when this thing starts Thursday." And I was correct. It might change soon. We will see.

It's like before the NBA season started, people said the Warriors can win (they did), the Cavs can win (they didn't), the Rockets can win (they didn't), the Celtics can win (they didn't), the Spurs can win (Kawhi got hurt and they didn't). Because there were things that said those teams could be competitive for a championship. But there was nothing that said the Magic or Nets could win. It's just wasn't there.

I see scenarios where Bama or Georgia or Clemson can win the national football championship this fall. Hell I even see a scenario where MSU can win it. I just don't see the scenario where Vandy or Arkansas can win it this fall. That's where Tiger was entering this thing.

I can dig that. But again, are you saying that because leading into the tourney Tiger's driving accuracy was sucking? I haven't checked Spief's Driving Accuracy lately but I do know he's struggled in that area in the past. To what degree is this course punishing errant drives?

somebodyshotmypaw
06-16-2018, 10:33 PM
I can dig that. But again, are you saying that because leading into the tourney Tiger's driving accuracy was sucking? I haven't checked Spief's Driving Accuracy lately but I do know he's struggled in that area in the past. To what degree is this course punishing errant drives?

I have no clue what Tiger's driving accuracy is. I just look at the golfer and his game, and I simply don't see a guy that is ready to compete to win a tournament of this magnitude at this point. At this point he's simply not a good enough player. That could change, and it could change quickly. But he's not there right now. There is nothing in his game today that says "he's ready to win a major."