PDA

View Full Version : Question about the new red shirt rule

Jack Lambert
06-14-2018, 11:09 AM
Does that apply to any one who has not red shirted or just Freshmen? For example Patterson did not red shirt his Freshman year. Could he play in four games for Michigan and red shit this year?

1bigdawg
06-14-2018, 11:11 AM
Does that apply to any one who has not red shirted or just Freshmen? For example Patterson did not red shirt his Freshman year. Could he play in four games for Michigan and red shit this year?

Yes.

smootness
06-14-2018, 11:13 AM

Even on him, I don't wish that. But yeah, I'm sure he could do it; it's painful but pretty simple.

NWADAWG
06-14-2018, 11:20 AM
So, when we have freshmens that developed during the year and are good enough to start later in the season, let them play the last 4. They get to help to help you with depth at end season, go to bowl game (not sure how bowl games count), and still redshirt.

Big4Dawg
06-14-2018, 11:25 AM
I would think bowl games still count.

Cary Hudson's little bro
06-14-2018, 11:27 AM
Its only for competition after Aug 1, 2018. No retroactive creativity with redshirt years.

Jack Lambert
06-14-2018, 01:59 PM
Its only for competition after Aug 1, 2018. No retroactive creativity with redshirt years.

That makes sense so I guess going forward anyone can use it at any point as long as they had not red shirted. Now we need to get the NCAA to let them inter the draft and have option to come back if they don't go very high or not get drafted.