PDA

View Full Version : MSU Alumni Baseball Game

OneArmSteve
06-14-2018, 08:13 AM
Since traffic is slow leading up the CWS...........Recently, my parents gave me several boxes of stuff from my childhood as they had been cleaning out their house. As I was going through them, I ran across 4 baseball cards that I got from an MSU alumni baseball game back in the day. It was the big 4....Clark, Palmeiro, Brantley, & Thigpen. Those cards took me back to my first real recollection of MSU baseball. I distinctly remember standing by the dugout desperately trying to get Will Clark's autograph after the game ended. (The bastard ran off before he signed my card) Does anybody (looking at you old geezers) remember this alumni game? It would had to have been played in the late 80's early 90's -- not sure, just guessing by the approximate age I was when I attended.

Anyway, I think it would be cool to have something like this every so often. I realize it would be difficult to get past players back, especially those who are playing pro ball. Who would be your must haves if you could choose the players?

Rooker, Renfroe, Frazier, Holder, Graveman, Stratton, Moreland.............Heck, Palmeiro is trying to make a come back, sign him up too!

You have some local guys who are still around that would be cool to see again too, like Jeffrey Rea, Berkery, etc.