PDA

View Full Version : Someone is cutting onions late tonight.

starkvegasdawg
06-13-2018, 11:48 PM
https://www.twitter.com/tigr2ndbase/status/1007094823436914688

THIS is what it's all about. I don't know if you post here on Elite, but if you read this then from the bottom of my heart this is a hell of a thing you're doing. Lost my dad back in 2003 so I'd give anything for this kind of last opportunity. Cherish every moment and take tons of pictures. Hopefully, someone will see your tweet and get you hooked up with some VIP behind the scenes stuff.

--embedded tweet - Scooba

BeardoMSU
06-14-2018, 12:01 AM
Watery eyes, SVD...for reals

Commercecomet24
06-14-2018, 12:11 AM
Wow! Lost my dad in 2011. Huge Bulldog fan and especially baseball! Very very dusty in here right now! Hope they have the time of their lives!

TaleofTwoDogs
06-14-2018, 12:20 AM
Hope they have a great trip and the dawgs get the win. Lost my dad in 2010, so many things left unsaid..........

99jc
06-14-2018, 06:13 AM
Hope they have a great trip and the dawgs get the win. Lost my dad in 2010, so many things left unsaid..........

last time.

msbulldog
06-14-2018, 06:16 AM
Thanks Vegas.

Dawgology
06-14-2018, 07:18 AM
Killing me. It's too early in the morning for this!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-14-2018, 08:31 AM
AWESOME!!!

MSUDAWGFAN
06-14-2018, 08:44 AM
This really hits home with me right now. My dad was recently diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma and has just gone through 1 dose of Chemo. The cancer was in his tonsil, bladder, and kidneys. He lost so much blood that he didn't have the energy to talk. They had to give him 4 units of blood. He also got a bad infection, that my mom said he had gotten sepsis. He went to the ICU for about a week and then last Friday gotten discharged to a rehab facility. I went to see him and on Saturday he couldn't get up. I went back on Sunday and I told him he was going to stand up, at least with using a walker. I told him I could accept that he couldn't do it, but not accept him not trying. He was able to stand up, using the walker. He is scared because he fell in the hospital. He also isn't all there mentally. When the nurse asked him his address, he told them the address of the house we lived in 2 houses ago, which was about 35 years ago.

The bright side is that he is getting better. I have feared this for quite some time. Like most young boys think of their father when they are young, I thought my dad was Superman. I have not taken him (or my mom) for granted. This last year I took him to a football game with me, because some of my fondest memories are going to Georgia Tech football games (where he went to school). We went to the Orange Bowl together. I told him I got aisle seats so he won't have to go through several people to get in and out of the stadium. He went with me to last year's Egg Bowl and we sat in the middle of the aisle. He had a hard time getting in and out.

I know I am really fortunate to still have him with me. I hope he can rebound and we can still go to another game together. My mom said he is getting stronger and starting rehab. He is doing what they say, but he is not sure of himself and where to put his hands, etc. The physical therapist said he would get better pretty quickly.

DownwardDawg
06-14-2018, 09:54 AM
Shit. I cried. Lost my Dad last year. State grad and huge fan.

Bully13
06-14-2018, 12:39 PM
Had a similar experience with my dad before he died. Since his birthday was Jan 1st, we'd always fantasize about one day seeing the Bulldogs play a New Year's Bowl together.. Our opportunity finally came but he didn't have much time to live at that point and was barely getting around those days due to the 17ing chemo and radiation they were putting him through. We smoked good weed the whole way to Dallas and back, LOL. Unfortunately another pot smoker from TX ass rapped us but at least we got to go and experience something that only had been a fantasy for years prior.

Great post there SVD

Bodaski
06-14-2018, 01:05 PM
Wow! Lost my dad in 2011. Huge Bulldog fan and especially baseball! Very very dusty in here right now! Hope they have the time of their lives!

Dusty in here too. The last game my dad saw me play was my soph year in juco. I broke my pelvis bone and my dad was at the hospital and I remember him saying, "son if you had known how to fall you wouldn't have gotten hurt". That was my dad's comment for sure. There was never any doubt he loved me but he just had a way of saying things. I have missed him since 1-05-75.

biggun
06-14-2018, 05:05 PM
Wow, not normally a crier but that opened me up quite a bit. That was truly awesome

Fred Garvin
06-14-2018, 06:12 PM
My dad passed away in 2007. He would never admit how much he loved State. His commentaries about Mississippi State athletics would always end with “well, you can’t make chicken salad out of chicken shit”. I think he would loved watching this baseball team make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

parabrave
06-16-2018, 11:44 PM
Thanks to ESPN for getting that interview with him and his dad in during tonights game.

FriarsPoint
06-17-2018, 12:15 AM
Strong. Very strong. Good job young man. I wish I could go with my dad. Cherish it.

BeardoMSU
06-17-2018, 12:30 AM
Shit. I cried. Lost my Dad last year. State grad and huge fan.

Ain't nothing wrong with crying, and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise. God gave us emotion to use it.

Cooterpoot
06-17-2018, 08:26 AM
I’m headed to an Alzheimer’s facility today to see my dad. He's forgotten who we are but he can still talk about ball. Last week he got into fight with another patient who was cussing a female nurse. Told the guy “where I come from, we don’t talk to a lady like that”. Guy took a swing at him and missed and he shoved him down. Good times.
Alzheimer’s sucks!

Bully13
06-17-2018, 10:50 AM
I’m headed to an Alzheimer’s facility today to see my dad. He's forgotten who we are but he can still talk about ball. Last week he got into fight with another patient who was cussing a female nurse. Told the guy “where I come from, we don’t talk to a lady like that”. Guy took a swing at him and missed and he shoved him down. Good times.
Alzheimer’s sucks!

Strong Cooter. Great Post Sir. Hope things go well for you today.

Bully13
06-17-2018, 10:54 AM
Thanks to ESPN for getting that interview with him and his dad in during tonights game.

Anybody know when that interview took place? I would like to go back and watch. I had the game on but was also keeping up with live stats and the game thread.

Also, I noticed they put the camera on an older guy next to a younger guy when LA walked it off. That was them, no?

DownwardDawg
06-17-2018, 01:30 PM
Anybody know when that interview took place? I would like to go back and watch. I had the game on but was also keeping up with live stats and the game thread.

Also, I noticed they put the camera on an older guy next to a younger guy when LA walked it off. That was them, no?

Yes, that was them.

MagicDawg
06-17-2018, 03:51 PM
The interview was in the 8th inning.