PDA

View Full Version : May have been discussed: Washington

BB30
06-13-2018, 03:21 PM
With the game coming up how do yall think we match up with UW? I watched some of their games this weekend on and off
(I wasnt overly impressed with anyone besides Demers, Wainhouse, and Hardy).

They have a true ace in Joe Demers. He's logged 120+IP with a 2.56 ERA. He has some really really solid numbers.

I do think Washington is a one trick pony and only really really good when he is on the mound. Most of their pen guys looked pretty average. They have a decent closer that has pretty solid numbers. But other than those two, their staff looks pretty pedestrian.

Offensively they have four guys hitting over .300 but after that it is a pretty steep drop off. They have a couple guys that have hit for some power this year but Wainhouse IMO is really the only big threat at the plate.

I think it will be big for us to get into the pen early as usual and force them to use some middle relief arms. It will be tough if Demers goes 7 or 8 and they turn it over to their closer. If we can get to some guys in between those two I don't think we will have any issues.

Pit Bull
06-14-2018, 04:00 AM
Once you get to Omaha, anybody can beat anybody. Really doesn't matter who you play. Everybody is damn good! I just hope we keep getting guys on base and putting constant pressure on their defense.

Captain Falcon
06-14-2018, 10:54 AM
In that stadium you have to do the little things well in order to win. Hard hit balls will find gloves a lot more frequently than they usually do. We had some really ugly defensive moments in Nashville, we have to get better in that regard if we want to keep playing.

Washington is good, but I would rather be playing them than just about anyone else of the teams that are left. If we continue to be a line drive hitting team and get a quality outing from our pitching staff, I think we?ll be OK.