PDA

View Full Version : Riley Self how's the hand man?

Dawg61
06-13-2018, 07:08 AM
Someone posted in the game chat he punched the dugout after the 3 spot in the 9th. Any truth to that or just stupid GT exaggeration? We gonna need the 20 outs in a row type Riley Self not the Carlos Zambrano punching the gatorade cooler and breaking his hand type Riley Self. Although I'll take the fired up Zambrano just without the punching of objects.

MaroonBelle
06-13-2018, 07:25 AM
Didn't see him punch but you can see one of his hands when he is leaning on dugout rail later in game and there were some torn up knuckles on it. it was brief enough that I couldn't tell if it was throwing hand but I mentioned to my family that I hoped he hadn't punched wall with his throwing hand in case we won.

dickiedawg
06-13-2018, 07:34 AM
Would be really odd to punch with his off hand, I think.

MetEdDawg
06-13-2018, 07:38 AM

Odd but smart. If his glove hand is a little jacked up, he can still pitch. So while it may be dumb to do, it's the smartest version of that dumb thing he did.

Todd4State
06-13-2018, 07:55 AM

I've heard that they teach pitchers to hit guys with their glove hand if someone charges the mound. Not sure how much it happens in the heat of the moment though.

The Federalist Engineer
06-13-2018, 08:03 AM
We better get Mangum, Hatcher, and Smith ready to pitch if Self is out.

Maroon Diapers
06-13-2018, 08:10 AM
I remember seeing him punching something in the dugout pretty hard with what I thought was his right hand after he gave up those runs. I've been hoping I wouldn't see an injury report on it.

msbulldog
06-13-2018, 12:36 PM
Damn, ala Jake Mangum!

jacksondawg
06-13-2018, 12:54 PM
If Jake had to come in and pitch who would you move to centerfield?

Jack Lambert
06-13-2018, 01:51 PM
Odd but smart. If his glove hand is a little jacked up, he can still pitch. So while it may be dumb to do, it's the smartest version of that dumb thing he did.

I masturbate with my glove hand.

TaleofTwoDogs
06-13-2018, 02:46 PM

Jack, did you know that a recent study in Australia showed that using your glove hand causes swelling of the brain which prevents you from removing your helmet for photos.....oh, shit sorry.

Jack Lambert
06-13-2018, 02:57 PM
Jack, did you know that a recent study in Australia showed that using your glove hand causes swelling of the brain which prevents you from removing your helmet for photos.....oh, shit sorry.

I am like Joe Dirt except it's a helmet and not a wig.

Dawg61
06-13-2018, 04:57 PM

If you sleep on your glove hand for awhile you'll meet a stranger

Okrastar1
06-13-2018, 07:44 PM
Yea I’m so glad someone else saw that, when I posted it I swear I started second guessing myself but went back a few times those knuckles were mangled.