PDA

View Full Version : Oregon State...

maroonmania
06-12-2018, 11:01 PM
Just seems ironic that we haven't been to the CWS since 2013 when we made the finals by beating Oregon State twice. Here we are in 2018 and Oregon State again is the big dog on our side of the bracket. Just seems like deja vu all over again. I can still remember everyone holding their breath on the last out against Oregon State in the first game against them in 2013 when what would have been a sure home run to win for OSU got held up in the wind and harmlessly fell into Renfroe's glove on the warning track.

Dawg61
06-13-2018, 12:34 AM
Other side doesn't appear to have an UCLA's in it. Meaning a light hitting all pitching team. 4 #1's that can all mash. Florida, Texas Tech, Arkansas and Texas. That's definitely the group of death side. I do think everyone is overlooking North Carolina. They are strong and haven't lost a game in the tournament so far. 5-0 after regionals and supers. On paper Washington and us are the two weakest teams of the 8 but we have some weird mojo going right now with some hot bats so who knows we might win the whole damn thing with Cole Gordon throwing a no-hitter.

Todd4State
06-13-2018, 02:38 AM
We also have a bad history when we play North Carolina in the postseason.

Of course, that doesn't really mean anything in the present.

louisvilledawg
06-13-2018, 08:51 AM

I remember losing to them in 2007 maybe in Omaha after having an early lead and I think they were the overall 1 seed. It was no fun.

Jack Lambert
06-13-2018, 08:53 AM

And we are already 6-0 against the other side of the bracket. I have a feeling Texas is going to win that other side of the bracket.

Dawg61
06-15-2018, 01:21 AM
And we are already 6-0 against the other side of the bracket. I have a feeling Texas is going to win that other side of the bracket.

Hope not. Kody Clemens is one cocky mofo. I do not want to see the hook em horns sign thrown up 5 billion times in the next two weeks.

Pit Bull
06-15-2018, 09:31 PM
I don't like the fact that Oregon State will throw a good pitcher who is a child molester. I think Karma may be shadowing him closely.

Todd4State
06-15-2018, 10:21 PM
I don't like the fact that Oregon State will throw a good pitcher who is a child molester. I think Karma may be shadowing him closely.

Well he has been blackballed by MLB. He shouldn't be playing for Oregon State.

BHildreth3
06-16-2018, 06:32 AM

Yes, I am still mad as hell that North Carolina came into Dudy Noble and beat our 1989 club. That team would have one our first NC. Finished 54-12.

RocketDawg
06-16-2018, 07:49 PM
Well he has been blackballed by MLB. He shouldn't be playing for Oregon State.

Don't the Bears have one on their football team?

maroonmania
06-16-2018, 08:04 PM
delete