PDA

View Full Version : Game 2 DAWGS vs WASH....Home or Visitors??

Dental Dawg33
06-12-2018, 11:07 AM
I'm looking at going ahead and getting reserved seating but our box office, nor TDA box office knows if we are home or away. Anyone know if we are the home team or visiting team for 7pm Saturday??

smootness
06-12-2018, 11:28 AM
According to this, we are home:

https://d1baseball.com/college-world-series-tournament-central/

msstate7
06-12-2018, 11:35 AM
Really pleased we get the night game. I don't think Oregon state gets upset Saturday, but I do think the chances go up with them playing in 100+ temp. I watched some of Oregon state's regional, and there were jackets being worn in the stands with pretty much a constant light rain. I think this heat could affect them, some anyway

Dental Dawg33
06-12-2018, 12:07 PM
Really pleased we get the night game. I don't think Oregon state gets upset Saturday, but I do think the chances go up with them playing in 100+ temp. I watched some of Oregon state's regional, and there were jackets being worn in the stands with pretty much a constant light rain. I think this heat could affect them, some anyway

It would have to you would think. Really glad we are the 7pm game as well. I'll likely go to the Oregon State game prior to ours but I'll be posting up in the shaded areas for sure

smootness
06-12-2018, 12:13 PM
Any word yet on who we're throwing Game 1?

Personally, I'd go with Pilkington and save Small for OSU/UNC. You have to win both of those first two to put yourself in good position, and I think that's our best chance of doing that.

Bulldog1
06-12-2018, 12:32 PM
Yeah I'd like to see Pilk pitch game 1 and small game 2.

Quaoarsking
06-12-2018, 12:36 PM
We need to pitch Small in game 1, because he could potentially pitch 3 times in Omaha if we do.

preachermatt83
06-12-2018, 12:58 PM
We need to pitch Small in game 1, because he could potentially pitch 3 times in Omaha if we do.

This!!

smootness
06-12-2018, 01:18 PM

That's a good point. You'd still have to hold him back for Game 2 or 3 of the finals for his 3rd outing, but yeah. What you hope for is that you can get to the finals having only thrown Pilkington and Small, then use Johnny Wholestaff for one of the games in the finals. But if we lose game 1, I think we're probably screwed. And if we lose game 2, then it's still very, very tough.

I think you need to do what is best for winning Games 1 and 2 and not think too much about what happens come CWS Finals time.

KOdawg1
06-12-2018, 01:21 PM
Good point, I didn't think of that. That changes my thoughts on it then

Bulldog1
06-12-2018, 01:38 PM

That's a good point.

GoDawgz
06-12-2018, 03:28 PM
With the gaps in days that they will have to play, it will really benefit our pitching staff. Small seems like the logical choice just because Pilk has just struggled as of late. But who knows, Omaha brings out some strange things in teams, Pilk may come out and complete game one! We will see!