PDA

View Full Version : Wes Rea

smootness
10-10-2013, 11:54 AM
What kind of year do you think he can realistically put up this year?

Do you think last year was probably more or less what he will do again, or do you think he can make a big leap and be drafted fairly high?

I just can't quite figure out exactly what I think of his potential. He doesn't look orthodox at the plate for several reasons, and his swing doesn't look overly pretty, but the more I think about it, it is a very short, compact swing that could lead to a high average with better breaking ball recognition, and with his size, it could turn into a deadly swing that just naturally has more power than most.

I hope he is the catalyst for us this year and can carry our offense at times, but I'm not sure he will progress to that point.

What say ye?

CJDAWG85
10-10-2013, 12:00 PM
I think he builds off last year. I think he is working really hard to get better.

msstate7
10-10-2013, 12:15 PM
I think a lot of it will be determined by who hits behind him and for how much power. If rea has a singles hitter behind him, I doubt rea gets many opportunities to hit much.

messageboardsuperhero
10-10-2013, 12:34 PM
I think a lot of it will be determined by who hits behind him and for how much power. If rea has a singles hitter behind him, I doubt rea gets many opportunities to hit much.

That's a good point. If Garner or Humphreys can hit for some power behind Rea, he'll have a monster year.

I think he hits around 12-15 HRs next year regardless.

camsu
10-10-2013, 01:00 PM
1. with his weight loss and hopefully muscle he should have a quicker bat and more power. That is all good and he appears to be focused. All 3 elements should add up to an outstanding yr.
2. msstate7 is right who is hitting before and after but the lineup looks good in that area

State82
10-10-2013, 02:35 PM
I think he's our star next season. He should be fully healed, has another year of facing SEC pitching under his belt, didn't play summer ball as far as I know, so I believe he will be chomping at the bit and will take a big leap. Hope I didn't jinx anything there.