PDA

View Full Version : Dear Washington Huskies fans...

Dawg61
06-11-2018, 01:05 PM
please sign up. We want to discuss baseball with you. Just don't be a cocky dickhead and we'll try to return the favor.

BulldogDX55
06-11-2018, 01:21 PM
please sign up. We want to discuss baseball with you. Just don't be a cocky dickhead and we'll try to return the favor.

I did some googling to see if I could find a baseball forum for them, but the most active one I could find, their 24/7 site, had like 200 posts for the whole season.

Not sure if any will venture over here.

msbulldog
06-11-2018, 01:25 PM
I did some googling to see if I could find a baseball forum for them, but the most active one I could find, their 24/7 site, had like 200 posts for the whole season.

Probably a wise move, we are Bulldogs and we bite folks!

BeardoMSU
06-11-2018, 01:29 PM

We're actually flying to Seattle Wednesday for a few days.

I could start some shit? Send disgruntled Washington residents to ED?**

RocketDawg
06-11-2018, 01:51 PM
Didn't we play them in football a couple of times, maybe back in the Sherrill days?

BulldogDX55
06-11-2018, 01:57 PM
We're actually flying to Seattle Wednesday for a few days.

I could start some shit? Send disgruntled Washington residents to ED?**

Do it. Confuse them by asking why their football team has such a racist mascot. Then hand them a business card with ED's URL on it.

Liverpooldawg
06-11-2018, 01:57 PM
Didn't we play them in football a couple of times, maybe back in the Sherrill days?

We played them once, out there, in 1977 under Bob Tyler. We won. We either never had a return game scheduled or they bought it out.

louisvilledawg
06-11-2018, 02:25 PM

We played them in the NCAA basketball tournament I think the last time Stansbury went somewhere around the 2009 mark i'm assuming. Thought we would win. Got smoked.

Dallas_Dawg
06-11-2018, 02:32 PM
We played them in the NCAA basketball tournament I think the last time Stansbury went somewhere around the 2009 mark i'm assuming. Thought we would win. Got smoked.

Isaiah Thomas kicked our asses. They also had a big post, Quincy Poindexter maybe?

dalmuti
06-11-2018, 02:32 PM
i live out here in seattle and i don't think i've ever talked to a single person who had any inkling that UW has a baseball team

MetEdDawg
06-11-2018, 02:33 PM

I was at that game. They were good. That team had Isaiah Thomas Jr. on it. It was essentially a home game for them too because the game was in Portland. I knew very early on we had no chance in that game.

dawgs
06-11-2018, 02:39 PM
i live out here in seattle and i don't think i've ever talked to a single person who had any inkling that UW has a baseball team

Portland here. Hello fellow PNWer.

And yeah, in general people on the west coast don't get into college sports the way folks do in the middle of the country and the south.

99jc
06-11-2018, 02:49 PM
We played them once, out there, in 1977 under Bob Tyler. We won. We either never had a return game scheduled or they bought it out.

nm

Dawg61
06-11-2018, 03:03 PM
I was at that game. They were good. That team had Isaiah Thomas Jr. on it. It was essentially a home game for them too because the game was in Portland. I knew very early on we had no chance in that game.

Only first round game that wasn't on tv that day where I live because of the time. They put the local news on instead. So pissed.

MetEdDawg
06-11-2018, 03:26 PM
Only first round game that wasn't on tv that day where I live because of the time. They put the local news on instead. So pissed.

I was in the pep band when I went. We were told before we left the hotel that no matter the outcome we were staying the night at the hotel. So we didn't bring our stuff with us. I remember getting in the bus after the loss and we were told we had 30 minutes to get back to the hotel and get our stuff packed because we were leaving. We got home I believe around 2 or 3 in the morning at GTA in the university plane.

That was one of my more miserable days as an MSU fan.

Schultzy
06-11-2018, 04:05 PM

Washington went 10-1 that year with Warren Moon at QB and won the National Championship.

parabrave
06-11-2018, 04:58 PM

They beat Stans in the NCAAs first round one year. Used to play them back in the late 70's.