PDA

View Full Version : ok -just how bad does Vandy's stadium sux?

tcdog70
06-11-2018, 10:20 AM
I say it is a 9 on a scale of 10. bad lighting-band box-all turf-bull shit.--and seats 3500. maybe one homer they hit would have been out at the Dude. Throw in the Whistler and I want to puke.

DownwardDawg
06-11-2018, 10:28 AM
It’s horrible. Embarrassing when compared to others like ours. We were there Friday night and I couldn’t help laughing.

lefty96
06-11-2018, 10:30 AM
No on-site restrooms according to the boneyard this morning.

bostondawg
06-11-2018, 10:31 AM
Yep. My friend at the game had to go to the bathroom in the football stadium. It's an embarrassment to the SEC.

Dawgbite
06-11-2018, 10:34 AM
Let's just say the Bulldogs left with a smile on their face!

The Federalist Engineer
06-11-2018, 10:35 AM
They need to Taze the Whistler - his behavior is probably hurting their attendance, do they normally sell tickets or is it free attendance like McDs fake fanbase at Louisville?

Outside Dawg
06-11-2018, 10:36 AM
I wasn't at the SR, but I did go this season to the Friday night LSU game there (in town for work). The third base concourse is shared with concourse of the football stadium. To get from the baseball entrance behind home plate to the outfield seats via third base side, you have to enter through the basketball arena and football concourse (all three facilities are smashed together sharing space). To get concessions and bathrooms in the outfield, you have to enter back into the basketball arena/football space. Its the only game where I saw all three fields/floors at one event.

lefty96
06-11-2018, 10:38 AM
They need to Taze the Whistler - it is probably hurting their attendance, do they normally sell tickets or is it free attendance like McDs fake fanbase at Louisville

I was going to make a separate post about this, but I'll ask it here b/c I'm curious. Corbin and McD - what's the draw to stay at Vandy and Louisville? I'm not even couching the questions from the angle of "why not MSU". You are at the top of your game at a school that doesn't really give a shit about your sport. No one watches you win, no one really sees you lose. There will be tens of upset Vandy fans this morning. What's the draw? Why not take your resume and get to a school where you can excel AND have people care? I don't get the motivation.

smootness
06-11-2018, 10:45 AM
How bad does it sucks?

Bully13
06-11-2018, 10:46 AM
what's that dark brown crap around home plate? is that dirt? same stuff on the pitching mound, right?

Maroons
06-11-2018, 11:03 AM
To add to everything else -

The stands down the baselines are almost parallel to the foul lines, so the sitelines in several sections are horrible. That was the worst part for me.

Tbonewannabe
06-11-2018, 11:13 AM
The outfield had to go to the basketball arena for concessions and bathrooms. I would rather have went to the bathroom in a porta potty than that sweat box at Vandy. I don't know how they get people to come to a basketball game in that sweat lodge. The bathroom was at least 95 degrees with zero air flow.

dawgoneyall
06-11-2018, 11:22 AM
Still wondering what that "enhanced", or what ever their description was, student-athletic experience was all about.

Anyone with an IQ above 6 knows that was compete BS.

Tbonewannabe
06-11-2018, 11:26 AM
Still wondering what that "enhanced", or what ever their description was, student-athletic experience was all about.

Anyone with an IQ above 6 knows that was compete BS.

It was the spa like treatment you get during the game. Some people pay to go to a sauna, there you just go take a leak and get the same affect.

MedDawg
06-11-2018, 12:51 PM
The outfield had to go to the basketball arena for concessions and bathrooms. I would rather have went to the bathroom in a porta potty than that sweat box at Vandy. I don't know how they get people to come to a basketball game in that sweat lodge. The bathroom was at least 95 degrees with zero air flow.

Had to be a lot hotter than 95 degrees in the bathroom AND the concessions area. It was almost that outside and outside felt cold compared to the inside of the bathroom.

Tbonewannabe
06-11-2018, 01:00 PM
Had to be a lot hotter than 95 degrees in the bathroom AND the concessions area. It was almost that outside and outside felt cold compared to the inside of the bathroom.

I told my wife, you know the bathroom is hot when the concession area felt cool. The concession area was 85-90 degrees. Those poor people working in there were melting.

civildawg
06-11-2018, 01:04 PM
This was my first time to Vandy. Two things:

1. The whistler wasnt that bad in game. It's much worse on TV in my opinion.

2. Memorial Coliseum is a freaking dump. I had no idea how bad it was. The bathrooms are very old and the place has no AC at all.

What is Vandy doing with all the SEC revenue they are getting? Seems like they would renovate a few things.

Tbonewannabe
06-11-2018, 01:13 PM
This was my first time to Vandy. Two things:

1. The whistler wasnt that bad in game. It's much worse on TV in my opinion.

2. Memorial Coliseum is a freaking dump. I had no idea how bad it was. The bathrooms are very old and the place has no AC at all.

What is Vandy doing with all the SEC revenue they are getting? Seems like they would renovate a few things.

Their baseball field with turf is absolute garbage and worse than some Jucos in Mississippi.

I don't understand how they would get any high rated basketball players to come to Vandy. I don't understand how you could do without AC in the South for big time college athletics. Northeast Mississippi Community College had a better gym in the mid to late 90s than Vandy does currently.

RocketDawg
06-11-2018, 01:57 PM
I wasn't at the SR, but I did go this season to the Friday night LSU game there (in town for work). The third base concourse is shared with concourse of the football stadium. To get from the baseball entrance behind home plate to the outfield seats via third base side, you have to enter through the basketball arena and football concourse (all three facilities are smashed together sharing space). To get concessions and bathrooms in the outfield, you have to enter back into the basketball arena/football space. Its the only game where I saw all three fields/floors at one event.

Might be a few reasons ... they're squeezed for real estate in a fairly large city. Land's expensive, and they're a private institution so don't get "free" land like we do at a fairly rural state university.

Tbonewannabe
06-11-2018, 02:08 PM
Might be a few reasons ... they're squeezed for real estate in a fairly large city. Land's expensive, and they're a private institution so don't get "free" land like we do at a fairly rural state university.

I thought the baseball field being sandwiched kind of between the football stadium and basketball arena was unique. The field turf was complete crap. It looked like they were playing on pavement. The concession stands were a complete joke and I would be embarrassed if my high school didn't at least have some kind of fan system if you didn't want to put in Air Conditioning.

yjnkdawg
06-11-2018, 02:15 PM
No on-site restrooms according to the boneyard this morning.

Now that was some type of emergency preparation planning when they built their stadium.***