PDA

View Full Version : the 2 most dogged players on ED

tcdog70
06-11-2018, 09:09 AM
Cole and Luke were hugely responsible for Us going to Omaha. Luke got some great walks, after fouling off many pitches. Hell he got 3 hits in row on Sat. And Cole--well he was tremendous and got a big shout out from Corbin. in the inning where we got the 4 runs--out 2 heroes struck out but the other guys stepped up BIG TIME.

WPDawg
06-11-2018, 09:13 AM
Cole and Luke were hugely responsible for Us going to Omaha. Luke got some great walks, after fouling off many pitches. Hell he got 3 hits in row on Sat. And Cole--well he was tremendous and got a big shout out from Corbin. in the inning where we got the 4 runs--out 2 heroes struck out but the other guys stepped up BIG TIME.

Great Compliment. They were Elite when the team needed them. This team has that chemistry that it takes to win the big games. Hail State!

msstate7
06-11-2018, 09:31 AM
I know Cole is expected to move on, but perhaps we should put the full court blitz on him to stay. Our returning pitching staff certainly could use him.

KOdawg1
06-11-2018, 09:32 AM
Cole Gordon gets the MVP for the super regional imo.

tcdog70
06-11-2018, 09:35 AM
Luke had some big time at bats. He worked the pitcher like a champ. drew walks and hit over 300. we dog him when he plays bad let's praise Him when he steps up and plays great.

Dawg61
06-11-2018, 09:38 AM
Offer Gordon a weekend rotation spot. With his size, ability to easily throw 100 pitches and get strikeouts he can get himself drafted. Gotta present it to him like this. He's got a chance to make some good money and play pro ball for awhile if he'll give us one more year.

msstate7
06-11-2018, 09:40 AM
Luke SR stats...
4/11 (.364)
3 r
2 rbi
2 bb
Obp = .462
1 sac bunt

Cole SR stats...
7.0 ip 3 h 0 er 4 bb 10 k
Era = 0.00
Whip = 1.00

shoeless joe
06-11-2018, 09:41 AM
LA finally changed his approach at the plate. It staarted the Sunday nite game in Tallahassee. He got out of pull mode and let the ball travel. Thus allowing him to lay off the breaking balls out away from him.

The Federalist Engineer
06-11-2018, 09:46 AM
I know Cole is expected to move on, but perhaps we should put the full court blitz on him to stay. Our returning pitching staff certainly could use him.

If Coach Mangum asks him to stay, I think he stays.

bostondawg
06-11-2018, 10:39 AM
Making it deep in the postseason is about unexpected players stepping up. Cole had been that man this postseason. He's the first relief pitching I want out of the pen in a must win game in Omaha.

Tbonewannabe
06-11-2018, 11:33 AM
LA finally changed his approach at the plate. It staarted the Sunday nite game in Tallahassee. He got out of pull mode and let the ball travel. Thus allowing him to lay off the breaking balls out away from him.

Seems like he has cut back on some of his preswing movement also. With all that movement, I don't see how he even hits sec pitching what little he does. He needs to lean toward Paul Molitor style and see how that works for him.