PDA

View Full Version : Dawgs vs Huskies

Dawg61
06-11-2018, 01:38 AM
Look forward to this one. Washington's first ever appearance in Omaha comes against us. We'll look up a scouting report this week. Tonight congrats to Washington on making it. They came from behind to beat CSF in extra innings. Gonna be a good one!

basedog
06-11-2018, 01:45 AM
I ain't gonna count Dear Ole State out even not knowing a thing about the Huskies!

Dang if it ain't coming now!

BeardoMSU
06-11-2018, 01:46 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/26e201344d8ff1606afd2ff597b670cd/tenor.gif?itemid=4998852

mstatefan91
06-11-2018, 01:47 AM
I'm glad we aren't playing Cal State Fullerton

MarketingBully
06-11-2018, 01:52 AM
Start Pilk vs Huskies and go with Small against Oregon State. I think we beat Washington but Oregon State is going to be really tough. But we have made it this far. Might as well win the whole thing.

Dawg61
06-11-2018, 01:56 AM
I'm glad we aren't playing Cal State Fullerton

Careful what you wish for. We better not overlook Washington. Their guy pitching tonight had a perfect game this year and was in the 7th tonight with another perfect game going before CSF broke it up. I hope we don't face him. Briefly watching the Huskies they have one big time power hitter Joe Wainhouse I believe is the name. Huge kid, like 6'7 with tons of power. Saw him hit a bomb in regionals and supers. Likes the ball low. Pitch him high I think he can't handle it. Dude didn't even get drafted. Washington has a bunch of their players from their home state like 17 of them all with huge chips on their shoulders from the entire country constantly overlooking NorthWest baseball. We need to be ready for a war vs them.

shoeless joe
06-11-2018, 01:58 AM
Careful what you wish for. We better not overlook Washington. Their guy pitching tonight had a perfect game this year and was in the 7th tonight with another perfect game going before CSF broke it up. I hope we don't face him. Briefly watching the Huskies they have one big time power hitter Joe Wainhouse I believe is the name. Huge kid, like 6'7 with tons of power. Saw him hit a bomb in regionals and supers. Likes the ball low. Pitch him high I think he can't handle it. Dude didn't even get drafted. Washington has a bunch of their players from their home state like 17 of them all with huge chips on their shoulders from the entire country constantly overlooking NorthWest baseball. We need to be ready for a war vs them.

They may have a chip but it's from not gettin an offer from OSU...which coincidentally sits in the NW.

MarketingBully
06-11-2018, 02:12 AM
If Henderson wins two games in the CWS, he will have just as many wins as Dan McDonnell in the CWS. That’s how bad Louisville has been in the CWS.

Dawg61
06-11-2018, 02:30 AM
They may have a chip but it's from not gettin an offer from OSU...which coincidentally sits in the NW.

We need to look at game 1 as a single elimination game is what I'm saying. If we win game 1 we might get lucky and have UNC beat OSU. UNC is pretty damn good too but we do not want to face either of them with 1 loss already. Obviously the best path to the championship series is to win game 1 but it's even more so crucial for us as the other two teams on our side are clearly the two favorites of the 4.

Todd4State
06-11-2018, 02:54 AM
If Henderson wins two games in the CWS, he will have just as many wins as Dan McDonnell in the CWS. That’s how bad Louisville has been in the CWS.

That's almost as bad as Ole Miss in Super Regionals.

Pit Bull
06-11-2018, 06:01 AM
Only thing I believe I remember about Washington......did they not play years ago in a regional in Starkvegas? And I think we beat them for a trip to Omaha then. Memory lags me though.

Bully13
06-11-2018, 06:14 AM
Only thing I believe I remember about Washington......did they not play years ago in a regional in Starkvegas? And I think we beat them for a trip to Omaha then. Memory lags me though.

Yes, I was there. That may be the game Tracy Echols climbed the foul pole ladder after the game.

Bullsy
06-11-2018, 06:14 AM

Yes. It was 1997. The last game got rained delayed from a sunday to monday. That allowed Eric Dubose enough rest to pitch the last game even though he pitched the first game of the regional

Madisonmd
06-11-2018, 06:26 AM
Yes. It was 1997. The last game got rained delayed from a sunday to monday. That allowed Eric Dubose enough rest to pitch the last game even though he pitched the first game of the regional

Game time saturday?

Leroy Jenkins
06-11-2018, 06:30 AM

Pretty amazing that McDonnell has Taken a team to Omaha that didn't even sell tickets to baseball games before last year.

Dental Dawg33
06-11-2018, 08:37 AM
I have never been to Omaha and plan on going and taking my father as he has never been either. I guess they will finalize the bracket after today but does anyone know if we will likely play Saturday or Sunday?
Then, how does it work? Win play Tuesday? Trying to figure out flights and schedule.

Dawg61
06-11-2018, 09:25 AM
I have never been to Omaha and plan on going and taking my father as he has never been either. I guess they will finalize the bracket after today but does anyone know if we will likely play Saturday or Sunday?
Then, how does it work? Win play Tuesday? Trying to figure out flights and schedule.

I think it's up to ESPN to set which games are on Sat and which are on Sunday but I am guessing whatever day is our first game we will play our 2nd game two days later so Sat n Mon or Sun n Tues. Don't quote me though. Schedule should be finalized late tonight or tomorrow.

Captain Falcon
06-11-2018, 09:33 AM

We will play Saturday and Monday. If we are 1-1 at that point, we play Wednesday night. If we win our first two games, we don?t play again until the following Friday.

Dental Dawg33
06-11-2018, 10:32 AM
We will play Saturday and Monday. If we are 1-1 at that point, we play Wednesday night. If we win our first two games, we don?t play again until the following Friday.

Excellent thank you!!

louisvilledawg
06-11-2018, 10:34 AM

Guess where he transferred from?

Ole Miss.

Dawg61
06-11-2018, 11:01 AM
Guess where he transferred from?

Ole Miss.

Lol he looks like an Ole Miss guy