PDA

View Full Version : Just How Bad Was Home Plat Umpire Tonight?

rolodawg
06-11-2018, 01:18 AM
I know there are some posts in game thread, but this needs its own thread. He was awful!

basedog
06-11-2018, 01:18 AM
Yes he was!

preachermatt83
06-11-2018, 01:19 AM
Worst I've seen in a long time.

mstatefan91
06-11-2018, 01:20 AM
probably ok for a midweek game.. not acceptable.. but could overlook it...

However, at a Super Regional winner takes all game??? Awful

I seen it dawg
06-11-2018, 01:21 AM
He wasn't cheating either. He was just absolute dogshit all the way around. College game too fast for him.

shoeless joe
06-11-2018, 01:22 AM
Middle part of the game vandy fouls a ball straight back and he hands a ball to Skelton...stuck it in his mit. The foul ball rolls back under Skelton's feet and Skelton grabs it with his bare hand and turns around and throws the foul ball back to the pitcher. He then gives the ball the ump gave him back to the ump. The ump...thinking it's the foul ball...looks it over and the throws it outta play like it was scuffed. I knew then that he was a complete clown that was in it to be seen and we were in for a long nite.

KOdawg1
06-11-2018, 01:23 AM
He was turrible. And it'd be one thing if he was consistently terrible for both sides, but it seems like his zone would expand when we were batting and shrink when we were pitching. That called strikeout on MacNamee with the bases loaded was ridiculous.

BeardoMSU
06-11-2018, 01:28 AM
Worst I've seen in a long time.

That's for damn sure. He was absolutely atrocious.

mstatefan91
06-11-2018, 01:29 AM
That's for damn sure. He was absolutely atrocious.
Overall, the officiating crew for tonight's winner take all game was just plain bad.. And it's ridiculous that post-season baseball doesn't have expanded review

BeardoMSU
06-11-2018, 01:32 AM
Overall, the officiating crew for tonight's winner take all game was just plain bad.. And it's ridiculous that post-season baseball doesn't have expanded review

Oh, for sure. That play at first where the guy's foot came off the bag was really ****ing bad.

shoeless joe
06-11-2018, 01:34 AM

I actually thought they were good. Except behind the plate. Games 1 & 2 were about as good as can be expected in the college game. Game 1 was tight and last nite a little lose but tonite was horrible both ways. First base ump got several close calls correct.

mstatefan91
06-11-2018, 01:34 AM
Oh, for sure. That play at first where the guy's foot came off the bag was really ****ing bad.
Yeah.. absolute BS that something like that can't be reviewed

mstatefan91
06-11-2018, 01:35 AM
I actually thought they were good. Except behind the plate. Games 1 & 2 were about as good as can be expected in the college game. Game 1 was tight and last nite a little lose but tonite was horrible both ways. First base ump got several close calls correct.

Several appeals to 1st and 3rd for checked swing were incorrect.. but without review, I can see your point

shoeless joe
06-11-2018, 01:36 AM
Yeah.. absolute BS that something like that can't be reviewed

Did you see an angle on tv that clearly showed he was off...I didn't. If anything the shitty angle they showed made it look like he held the bag. Remember his foot only has to be on the bag the split second he catches it, which I believe it did, after that he can come off all he wants...which I again believe he did.

mstatefan91
06-11-2018, 01:37 AM
Did you see an angle on tv that clearly showed he was off...I didn't. If anything the shitty angle they showed made it look like he held the bag. Remember his foot only has to be on the bag the split second he catches it, which I believe it did, after that he can come off all he wants...which I again believe he did.

Were you the first base ump tonight? Sorry if I offended lol

Point was that it should be a reviewable play.. camera angles would follow.. see college football

shoeless joe
06-11-2018, 01:40 AM

Point was that it should be a reviewable play.. camera angles would follow.. see college football

Ha...I just thought he got every close call correct. Including Jordan barely beating out his hit in the 11th.

And I'm strongly against replay in baseball in most instances. It has hurt the MLB game.

mstatefan91
06-11-2018, 01:42 AM
Ha...I just thought he got every close call correct. Including Jordan barely beating out his hit in the 11th.

And I'm strongly against replay in baseball in most instances. It has hurt the MLB game.

I can dig that.. I guess... if we're going to go that way then plays that are reviewable in the regular season should be reviewable in post-season play

shoeless joe
06-11-2018, 01:44 AM
I can dig that.. I guess... if we're going to go that way then plays that are reviewable in the regular season should be reviewable in post-season play

Def agree there. Mixing and matching when and what can be reviewed is stupid. Just like most college umps

Todd4State
06-11-2018, 01:47 AM
He was bad enough I would have gotten tossed in the first inning after he called a strike down the middle a ball on JB where even the runners for Vanderbilt were headed back to the dugout.

mstatefan91
06-11-2018, 01:49 AM
He was bad enough I would have gotten tossed in the first inning after he called a strike down the middle a ball on JB where even the runners for Vanderbilt were headed back to the dugout.

Hey Coach/AD Cohen... I'm glad Henderson had a more even keel tonight than that.. *******************

Dawg61
06-11-2018, 02:07 AM
Umpire was just scared Skelton wasn't gonna catch the ball on every pitch he couldn't concentrate on the strike zone.** Seriously though he sucked but he did give us 3 make up calls after he missed the strike out call on MacNamee. He immediately knew he got it wrong when MacNamee cussed him. He then proceeded to call 3 strikes balls for us and the Vandy pitcher walked in a run.

tcdog70
06-11-2018, 08:58 AM
I know there are some posts in game thread, but this needs its own thread. He was awful!

I believe that for the 4 -5 hrs last night he was the most cussed man in the Universe. He was dog-shit. But we won in spite of his incompetence .

parabrave
06-11-2018, 09:32 AM
That strike 3 call on Mac was horrendous. You could watch the umps eyes following the ball looking at where the catcher gloved it, which was still 3 feet inside and he still called it a strike.

DownwardDawg
06-11-2018, 09:42 AM

Nobody in my family thought the runner was safe from the only camera angle they showed. He clearly looked out to me and everyone in my house agreed. Back to the OP, the home plate umpire was horrendous! He was absolute garbage.

Randolph Dupree
06-11-2018, 09:56 AM
Home plate umpnwas terrible. Was having a hard time picking up anything with movement and this is why Self was so ineffective. In order for him to get a strike call he has having to throw meat balls up there. I thought the rest of the officiating was pretty good though.

BulldogBear
06-11-2018, 10:27 AM
I still think the B4 strike 3 that got by Skelton and advanced a runner to 3B also....was foul ball. If it wasn't batter swung through the nastiest break I've ever seen. Ball clearly changed direction at a sharp angle just was the bat comes through. Even an aluminum bat doesn't always make a clearly discernable noise.