PDA

View Full Version : Henderson's interview after game

preachermatt83
06-11-2018, 12:33 AM
If you watched it you can say without a doubt now that henderson does in fact want the job. He was selling it hard.

msstate7
06-11-2018, 12:37 AM
Well he's putting together an impressive resume. Congrats, coach... our first CWS since 2013. Cohen and cann lost in SR play with more talent. Still would like someone else; but if we miss on biggest targets, hire Gary a big time pitching coach and let him overlook things. Kentucky led the country in draft picks the last 2 years, so he isn't a liability recruiting wise.

Thick
06-11-2018, 12:38 AM
I would keep him with Geatreau slated to replace him when it?s time.

preachermatt83
06-11-2018, 12:39 AM
Well he's putting together an impressive resume. Congrats, coach... our first CWS since 2013. Cohen and cann lost in SR play with more talent. Still would like someone else; but if we miss on biggest targets, hire Gary a big time pitching coach and let him overlook things. Kentucky led the country in draft picks the last 2 years, so he isn't a liability recruiting wise.

I agree 100 percent with this. Here is where I stand... Only way I go along with hiring henderson is to just let him be head coach only. Give Geatreau big raise and make Gary hire a pitching coach so Gary can focus on just being HC.

Cooterpoot
06-11-2018, 12:40 AM
Go hire the top pitching coach in the country and go with it. Not much choice now. Feels like Polk 3.0 though.

shoeless joe
06-11-2018, 12:40 AM
I really just took it as ultimate appreciation to all involved for getting behind him and supporting him in a tough spot. He may very well want the job bad tho...I wouldn't blame him

mparkerfd20
06-11-2018, 12:41 AM
Will be the worst decision ever if we hire him as head coach. I will be severely disappointed and will support the firing of Cohen.

The only way I come even close to supporting him is with a new pitching coach and he be totally hands off of handling pitchers.

Dallas_Dawg
06-11-2018, 12:42 AM
We are in Omaha. Who gives a **** right now

ShotgunDawg
06-11-2018, 12:42 AM
Can't hire Henderson.

It's knee jerk. He's the right guy for this season but not for the future.

Sorry, I like him as well, but it would be ginormous mistake

preachermatt83
06-11-2018, 12:51 AM
Can't hire Henderson.

I tend to still lean this way but I can get behind it if we hire a top notch pitching coach and let Gary just be a figure head/motivator

preachermatt83
06-11-2018, 12:52 AM
Will be the worst decision ever if we hire him as head coach. I will be severely disappointed and will support the firing of Cohen.

The only way I come even close to supporting him is with a new pitching coach and he be totally hands off of handling pitchers.
Oh that's the only way I support it too. Get a jam up pitching coach and just let Gary be figure head.

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-11-2018, 12:54 AM

Can't hire Henderson.

Genuine question for y'all, because I'm really on the fence at this point: how far down our coaching list do we have to go before he gets serious consideration.

A Schloss/McDonnell/Tadlock type hire is a no brainer, but is also seemingly highly unlikely at this point. But the fact of the matter is we've made Omaha with a team that's no where close to being top 8 in the nation talent-wise, and Henderson deserves some amount of credit for that. Would hiring someone like Monte Lee or even Butch Thompson be a better decision than keeping the guy who got us to Omaha this season?

deadheaddawg
06-11-2018, 12:56 AM
When the regionals started I was all for hiring a coach before I season was over.

Now I'm not. This damn team is special. I don't think we should make a decision yet. I don't know who should be the coach.

I just want to watch them play. Make thar decision after

shoeless joe
06-11-2018, 12:58 AM
Genuine question for y'all, because I'm really on the fence at this point: how far down our coaching list do we have to go before he gets serious consideration.

A Schloss/McDonnell/Tadlock type hire is a no brainer, but is also seemingly highly unlikely at this point. But the fact of the matter is we've made Omaha with a team that's no where close to being top 8 in the nation talent-wise, and Henderson deserves some amount of credit for that. Would hiring someone like Monte Lee or even Butch Thompson be a better decision than keeping the guy who got us to Omaha this season?

Some good points. Easy to see we didn't even have the talent that vandy had. Especially on the mound...that says a lot about Henderson IMO. If for whatever reason we end up with someone besides Henderson, and I'm on the fence as well rite now, Cohen has to make sure he takes good care of Henderson...however that may can be done. Someone else said it in another thread and I agree.

The Federalist Engineer
06-11-2018, 01:04 AM
Tadlock just re-affirmed his marriage with TTU per ESPN, during the broadcast. No link, i was just watching the TTU-Duke game and could not rewind the moment when it was said.

We aint getting Tadlock.

I think we go with Gautreau and let him hire premium staff ingredients.

BuckyIsAB****
06-11-2018, 01:08 AM
my God let this team keep playing and winning. the hell with all this shit. Its what Cohen has been doing the whole time. Some of yall are probably pure horse shit at poker

Todd4State
06-11-2018, 02:57 AM
Oh that's the only way I support it too. Get a jam up pitching coach and just let Gary be figure head.

The problem with that is you really need three guys recruiting in today's game.

Todd4State
06-11-2018, 03:00 AM
Tadlock just re-affirmed his marriage with TTU per ESPN, during the broadcast. No link, i was just watching the TTU-Duke game and could not rewind the moment when it was said.

We aint getting Tadlock.

I think we go with Gautreau and let him hire premium staff ingredients.

Even Dan Mullen wouldn't say that he is leaving a team in the middle of a game.

Well, maybe he would...

If we hire Gautreau and then get two elite recruiters and an elite pitching coach I would be good with that. Promote Henderson within the AD until he wants to retire if we have to- even if it's just sitting around the Bryan Building.

MarketingBully
06-11-2018, 05:14 AM
This season isn’t over. This team thinks they can win it all and who am I to disagree. Baseball is a funny sport. It’s not always the most talented team, it’s not always the most fundamentally sound team but it’s usually the team that is playing with the most confidence, belief in themselves, leadership, and who’s hot at the right time. I can’t think of a team that fits those categories more then the one that wore black last night (8-2 in those unis btw). Every mistake that we made last night we had another player pick them up. This team really has a genuine camaraderie and feels a lot like that 83 NC State men’s basketball team. As much as we have accomplished so far this year I don’t think we are done yet.

ShotgunDawg
06-11-2018, 07:17 AM

This is a great question that can't be answered unless you're interviewing the candidates.

MSU needs a recruiter/developer that can put great players in the new stadium. While Gary has done an absolutely unreal job at managing the situation this year & managing this team, Gary has not shown that he can recruit as the level needed to raise the talent level or develop a pitching staff. It really bothers me that our 2 most talented pitchers, Pilk & Small, have both seen their velocity regress significantly this year. That is a product of not doing the right things on a day to day basis & a lack of emphasis on throwing hard. I just don't agree with that method of development, & believe it's an old school though process that just isn't applicable in today's game.

civildawg
06-11-2018, 07:20 AM
I tend to still lean this way but I can get behind it if we hire a top notch pitching coach and let Gary just be a figure head/motivator

Ask LSU how this works out

basedog
06-11-2018, 08:25 AM
Recruiting is important, but give me a team like this 2018 Msu baseball team and they will kick your ass!

We have talent and yes we need some more but we have been good for decades and we will continue to be good. It's in our DNA and it want go away because we are a baseball school!

Behrdawg
06-11-2018, 08:28 AM

This

Doggie_Style
06-11-2018, 08:44 AM

Exactly....this is the ticket!

WPDawg
06-11-2018, 09:01 AM
If you watched it you can say without a doubt now that henderson does in fact want the job. He was selling it hard.

Wrong again on your part. He just won a Super Regional on the road and punched a ticket to Omaha. He wasnt thinking about what was happening after the season. He was expressing the emotion of what they had accomplished. You should not opine on what you do not understand.

Go Dawgs! Let's keep this thing rolling in Omaha!

Turfdawg67
06-11-2018, 09:22 AM
Can't hire Henderson.

Yeah, screw Henderson, let's hire a coach that can get us to Omaha!! ***