PDA

View Full Version : What if? Baseball Coaching Search

Todd4State
06-10-2018, 04:43 PM
Let's operate under the assumption that we don't win tonight and our season is over. Let's also operate under the knowledge that Jim Schlossnagle has a son in high school that is a 10th grader who he wants to keep in school there and the assumption that he really wants our job really badly and we also want Schlossnagle really badly.

Would you be OK with Henderson as the interim coach for two more years IF there was the understanding that Schlossnagle would be our coach in two years?

Just being theoretical.

I probably would be OK with that honestly.

Bdawg
06-10-2018, 04:50 PM
Depends if we could get someone fairly close or really close to his qualifications. If this search falls on its face, I would be ok with it. I would probably accept Thompson with Geatreau this year over your scenario

bostondawg
06-10-2018, 04:57 PM
I'd really want to see this hypothetical coach in waiting sign some kind of MOU. I just don't think you can take a coach on their word for two years.

Quaoarsking
06-10-2018, 04:59 PM
Yeah, no way I accept that unless it's legally binding, which Schlossnagle surely wouldn't agree to.

msstate7
06-10-2018, 05:01 PM
Yeah, no way I accept that unless it's legally binding, which Schlossnagle surely wouldn't agree to.

And I doubt we would either. Could you imagine if schloss and tcu continue the skid this season for 2 more years and we hire him to a huge deal?

Homedawg
06-10-2018, 05:14 PM
Let's operate under the assumption that we don't win tonight and our season is over. Let's also operate under the knowledge that Jim Schlossnagle has a son in high school that is a 10th grader who he wants to keep in school there and the assumption that he really wants our job really badly and we also want Schlossnagle really badly.

Would you be OK with Henderson as the interim coach for two more years IF there was the understanding that Schlossnagle would be our coach in two years?

Just being theoretical.

I probably would be OK with that honestly.

No. Too much stuff can go wrong. Could work out and could be an absolute disaster.

thf24
06-10-2018, 05:15 PM
Pretty sure a formal coach-in-waiting deal is against the rules anyway, unless that's only football.

preachermatt83
06-10-2018, 05:15 PM
No way TCU would agree to that

DownwardDawg
06-10-2018, 06:07 PM
No

shoeless joe
06-10-2018, 06:25 PM
Hell no. And that has nothing to do with Henderson.

Get cohen's guy in here and go

State82
06-10-2018, 06:37 PM
In a word.......NO.