PDA

View Full Version : ESPN College Gameday

bully99
10-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Kyle Veazy has a column in the Memphis paper about gameday and Ole Miss. Didn't read because it's a pay article. But, of the current 14 teams they have done gameday from 12. Missouri was 2010 before they were in the sec. The only two are you guessed it State and OM and ESPN has said Oxford is their number one target. They've even done gameday from Bowling Green (2003). Do you think they will ever do gameday from Starkville?

BossDawg
10-10-2013, 08:51 AM
That's just damn sad, and once they do make it to Oxford, itit will launch yet another myriad of opinions about how Starkville and MSU are truly located right in the center of Satan's asshole.

Surely there's a way the city and the university can do something to start shedding some positive light on things.

CJDAWG85
10-10-2013, 08:54 AM
When were they at Vandy?

civildawg
10-10-2013, 08:56 AM
i think 2009? it was when they started out like 6 and 0 one year

FISHDAWG
10-10-2013, 08:57 AM
or Kentucky ?

bluelightstar
10-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Went to Kentucky in 2007 when UK was ranked #8

bully99
10-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Kentucky 2007
Vandy 2008

mic
10-10-2013, 10:06 AM
maybe its just me but Game Day doesn't have the appeal or is as fresh to me as it once was.. Even more so this year with the addition of Paul Finebaum.

CadaverDawg
10-10-2013, 10:07 AM
One thing that has hurt us is that the years we start out strong, we either have our first big matchup on the road, or two heavyweights that are undefeated are playing that weekend too. We have been in the mix a few times...just bad timing when we have been worthy, and an overall lack of being good enough most years.

bully99
10-10-2013, 10:08 AM
The sad thing is I don't think we've ever come close to hosting the show.

bluelightstar
10-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Another problem that can be solved by just winning.

Drugdog
10-10-2013, 10:20 AM
I like Gameday. Corso is great, but with the Addition of Finebaum, it is trending down. He is worse than Beeno, and that takes a lot.

bully99
10-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Finebaum is scary to look at.

Original48
10-10-2013, 10:48 AM
He is worse than Beeno, and that takes a lot.
LwesU will wose because they are pwaying at cowege station - Beano Cook

angusyoung
10-10-2013, 10:48 AM
maybe its just me but Game Day doesn't have the appeal or is as fresh to me as it once was.. Even more so this year with the addition of Paul Finebaum.

It is just you. Gameday is still the greatest measure of relevance in college football.

You may not like the show or think that it's not as great as it used to be but trying to act like it wouldn't be a huge deal in Starkville if we had them coming is stupid.

hacker
10-10-2013, 10:56 AM
This is kind of mean to say, but Corso struggles to get his thoughts in order since his stroke(s). Just something I notice a lot. I still like the guy.

mic
10-10-2013, 10:57 AM
It is just you. Gameday is still the greatest measure of relevance in college football.

You may not like the show or think that it's not as great as it used to be but trying to act like it wouldn't be a huge deal in Starkville if we had them coming is stupid.

Go back and read what I said again.. I never said that.. If gameday came to Starkvegas it would be epic for us. All I said is that its not a fresh or appealing as it once was.. 3 to4 years ago with just the Big 3 Fowler Hurbie and Corso with AE is 10 times better than it is now..
Next time before you post make sure its a legit reply..

angusyoung
10-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Go back and read what I said again.. I never said that.. If gameday came to Starkvegas it would be epic for us. All I said is that its not a fresh or appealing as it once was.. 3 to4 years ago with just the Big 3 Fowler Hurbie and Corso with AE is 10 times better than it is now..
Next time before you post make sure its a legit reply..

So what's the point of your original post? If it's still a huge deal for Gameday to come to your campus and this thread is about how embarrassing it is that state and ole miss are the only two in the sec that haven't had it, it seems to me that the tone of your post was to downplay the significance of if ole miss were to get Gameday there before Starkville.

ShotgunDawg
10-10-2013, 11:39 AM
The sad thing is I don't think we've ever come close to hosting the show.

This isn't true. We would've hosted had we not lost to South Carolina the week before beating Florida in the late 90s

mic
10-10-2013, 11:45 AM
The original Thread was ESPN College Gameday.
My point is that the Show isn't as fresh or as good to me as it used to be.
May post was about College Gameday. Which seems pretty relevant to the thread.
Looks to me like a few others also posted on the show College Gameday.
Even Bully 99 who started the thread commented on how ridiculous Finebaum looks.
So calm down. I didn't mean to get ya all worked up..

Johnson85
10-10-2013, 12:39 PM

Finebaum is a good indication they're losing it.

Finebaum doesn't appear to know much about sports and he's not entertaining. Doesn't he just get ratings by annoying people? I can understand how that's a good hook for radio, but TV seems different. More importantly, it's easy and cheap and not something you do if you think you can put out a quality product without it. Not sure why Gameday went that route.

BHildreth3
10-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Finebaum is a good indication they're losing it.

Finebaum doesn't appear to know much about sports and he's not entertaining. Doesn't he just get ratings by annoying people? I can understand how that's a good hook for radio, but TV seems different. More importantly, it's easy and cheap and not something you do if you think you can put out a quality product without it. Not sure why Gameday went that route.

Finebaum is on there because of Slimeball Slive - Sec network, Finebaum was promised a big show on the network and Slive probably negotiated with the 4 letter to have him on the show

bully99
10-10-2013, 01:07 PM
BHildreth3?? Is this the Brad Hildreth who played shortstop at State

Bullmutt
10-10-2013, 01:44 PM
I've been subjected to Finebaums shit for decades. He's a Tn grad who somehow morphed into a Bama homer. From the start he's seen himself as the second coming of Howard Cosell. He loves to stir up shit. One thing's for sure; if it's left up to him, MSU will never have Gameday come to campus. I've never heard him express anything but disdain for State- even when we're having good years.

Maroonthirteen
10-10-2013, 01:57 PM
We spanked BYU on the road to go to 2-0. We had USC in COlumbia the next week with a home game vs Florida the week after that. If we had beaten USC that weekend, Gameday is in Starkville for the Florida game. Such ashame too........we whipped UFs tail that day. It was an electric atmosphere at Scott Field.

onetl
10-10-2013, 03:51 PM
My bet is that Opening Game for 2014 will see game day in Starkville as MSU & USM renew their rivalry in the
Grand Reopening of the Most Beautiful 100 year old college stadium" #HailState

TheRef
10-10-2013, 05:59 PM
My bet is that Opening Game for 2014 will see game day in Starkville as MSU & USM renew their rivalry in the
Grand Reopening of the Most Beautiful 100 year old college stadium" #HailState

I wish that would happen....but there is a 0.00000000000000001% chance that it actually does for opening weekend.

DownwardDawg
10-10-2013, 06:09 PM
ESPN Gameday isn't near what it used to be. I call myself watching it now when I used to really look forward to it.