PDA

View Full Version : Super regional play around country

msstate7
06-09-2018, 11:54 AM
Butch bunts his clean up hitter (venter) with an ops of .924 the week he was drafted by the braves in the 3rd inning. Terrible

msstate7
06-09-2018, 11:56 AM
Auburn gets a pop fly single though... runner from 3rd scores. Still hate playing small ball with your best hitters

RocketDawg
06-09-2018, 11:59 AM
Just turned to the Florida/Auburn game for a minute. Want to see Mize pitch a bit.

After seeing the Gators field, I'm sorta glad we used plastic grass in wear areas. They field looks terrible.

I wonder how often we have to bring in Sevice Master to do a cleanup on the plastic.

msstate7
06-09-2018, 12:09 PM
Florida bases loaded, 1 out...

RocketDawg
06-09-2018, 12:10 PM
Just turned to the Florida/Auburn game for a minute. Want to see Mize pitch a bit.

After seeing the Gators field, I'm sorta glad we used plastic grass in wear areas. They field looks terrible.

I wonder how often we have to bring in Sevice Master to do a cleanup on the plastic.

Well, Mize isn't looking all that good. Florida hasn't scored yet [check that ... they just scored 2 and only one out], but they're hitting him well. He probably won't stay in at this rate.

But ... given his multi-zillion dollar signing, he may not be going all out to avoid any kind of injury. Can't really blame him if that's the case.

KB21
06-09-2018, 12:10 PM
Tie ballgame.

msstate7
06-09-2018, 12:12 PM
And that's why you don't bunt your clean up hitter, butch... Florida clean up hitter hits single off top of RF wall... 2-2 and Florida just took lead.

KB21
06-09-2018, 12:13 PM
Anthony has to let that ball go foul instead of trying to get the out at the plate.

msstate7
06-09-2018, 12:19 PM
Lol @ butch playing small ball with clean up hitter and now down 4-2 in 3rd inning.

I want a coach that doesn't even entertain sac bunting before the 7th inning unless it's an abysmal hitter up, certainly not one of your best

msstate7
06-09-2018, 12:46 PM
Mize is self destructing. Auburn in trouble

msstate7
06-09-2018, 12:52 PM
If butch is our man, he will be available soon. Florida gonna wrap this up tomorrow

MarketingBully
06-09-2018, 12:52 PM
Mize is self destructing. Auburn in trouble

First game jitters shown from MSU, Vandy, and Auburn but not Florida. Glad we are playing Vandy and not Florida.

msstate7
06-09-2018, 12:55 PM
First game jitters shown from MSU, Vandy, and Auburn but not Florida. Glad we are playing Vandy and not Florida.

They're the most talented team in the country. Still have them winning it all

MarketingBully
06-09-2018, 12:57 PM
They're the most talented team in the country. Still have them winning it all

Oregon State is better. I think Oregon State wins it.

CadaverDawg
06-09-2018, 01:19 PM
Butch is Cohen 2.0. Cohen 2.0 doesn't win big in today's game with seam changes. Say no to bunting your cleanup man...Say No To Butch

DownwardDawg
06-09-2018, 01:20 PM
Oregon State is better. I think Oregon State wins it.

Me too. I think the beavers take it all.

Pit Bull
06-09-2018, 01:49 PM
Looks like N.Carolina, barring a total collapse.....will be the first team to punch their ticket to Omaha.

BeardoMSU
06-09-2018, 02:10 PM
. Say no to bunting your cleanup man...Say No To Butch

Is it weird that I read this with the voice of the America's Most Wanted guy in my head?

Pit Bull
06-09-2018, 03:20 PM
Think about this for a few seconds.....TennTech's nine hole hitter has 13 HRs this year. I hope Texas takes them out......really don't want to face that lineup of Will Clark-type free swingers! I would rather face Texas and just walk Cody Clemons every time he got up to bat.

ScoobaDawg
06-09-2018, 03:23 PM
Think about this for a few seconds.....TennTech's nine hole hitter has 13 HRs this year. I hope Texas takes them out......really don't want to face that lineup of Will Clark-type free swingers! I would rather face Texas and just walk Cody Clemons every time he got up to bat.

Are you already predicting and worrying about us facing Texas in the National Championship game?. Again. Just horrible.

BB30
06-09-2018, 03:28 PM
Lol @ butch playing small ball with clean up hitter and now down 4-2 in 3rd inning.

I want a coach that doesn't even entertain sac bunting before the 7th inning unless it's an abysmal hitter up, certainly not one of your best

He probably figured runs would be hard to come by on both sides and he had the 1:1 Pitching. A two or three run lead with him on the mound is usually pretty safe.

On another note, Tennessee tech is fun to watch.

msstate7
06-09-2018, 03:33 PM
He probably figured runs would be hard to come by on both sides and he had the 1:1 Pitching. A two or three run lead with him on the mound is usually pretty safe.

On another note, Tennessee tech is fun to watch.
Yes they are... their coach shunned the bunt a few times vs om. I like playing aggressively. I'm not totally against bunting, but bunting early in the game is always dumb imo

shoeless joe
06-09-2018, 03:35 PM
PLAy by play guy for this Texas game is absolutely awful. He's actively rooting for Texas and is the most millenialish sounding announcer ive heard. I bet he has moosed up spike hair or is wearing a ski cap

msstate7
06-09-2018, 03:38 PM
PLAy by play guy for this Texas game is absolutely awful. He's actively rooting for Texas and is the most millenialish sounding announcer over heard. I bet he has moosed up spike hair or is wearing a ski cap

Works out in a tabogan? Lol

BeardoMSU
06-09-2018, 03:43 PM

And he wears Affliction shirts.....and I bet he's got Cotton, Salt Life, and Monster (energy drink) stickers on his Honda Civic.**

KB21
06-09-2018, 03:53 PM
Auburn had the 4th fewest sac bunts in the SEC, the 5th highest slugging percentage, and scored more runs than any other team in the conference.

Dawg61
06-09-2018, 03:54 PM
PLAy by play guy for this Texas game is absolutely awful. He's actively rooting for Texas and is the most millenialish sounding announcer ive heard. I bet he has moosed up spike hair or is wearing a ski cap

You a baby boomer? Doing a study. Tech is fun to watch. I'm rooting for them to create havoc on that side of the bracket. HRs are tough to come by at Ameritrade though so they don't scare me. Oregon St. does.

msstate7
06-09-2018, 03:56 PM
Auburn had the 4th fewest sac bunts in the SEC, the 5th highest slugging percentage, and scored more runs than any other team in the conference.

Sounds like butch forgot how he got there then

Pit Bull
06-09-2018, 04:03 PM
Are you already predicting and worrying about us facing Texas in the National Championship game?. Again. Just horrible.

Absolutely!!....would rather face Texas than Tenn Tech. Texas, IMO is easier beatable than T.Tech. The boyz from Cookeville 1-9 are sluggers and any one of them can change the game quickly.

Todd4State
06-09-2018, 04:08 PM
Sounds like butch forgot how he got there then

No Will James. It's called managing the game based on the situation and the individual one on one match up. I'm not sure why a few of our fans don't understand this.

Maybe Auburn's number four hitter is hitting .100 vs. Singer with a ton of K's. Maybe Auburn's hitter just did it on his own. Maybe like BB said Butch felt like there weren't going to be a lot of runs scored so he played for one hoping that his first pick of the draft pitcher would shut them down. There's more to it than just what one book says.

Dawg61
06-09-2018, 04:13 PM
Absolutely!!....would rather face Texas than T.Tech. Texas, IMO is easier beatable than T.Tech. The boyz from Cookeville 1-9 are sluggers and any one of them can change the game quickly.

It's really difficult to hit homeruns in Omaha. Ameritrade swallows up fly balls. It's how UCLA beat us.

Todd4State
06-09-2018, 04:14 PM
It's really difficult to hit homeruns in Omaha. Ameritrade swallows up fly balls. It's how UCLA beat us.

We also went away from our line drive hitting approach and got under a lot of balls.

Dawg61
06-09-2018, 04:20 PM
We also went away from our line drive hitting approach and got under a lot of balls.

True. The ball was different too and UCLA intentionally pitched high in the zone whole series. They baited us into killing ourselves.

shoeless joe
06-09-2018, 04:20 PM
You a baby boomer? Doing a study. Tech is fun to watch. I'm rooting for them to create havoc on that side of the bracket. HRs are tough to come by at Ameritrade though so they don't scare me. Oregon St. does.

Nope...I'm not. Way closer to a millennial myself than a boomer...some might even say I were one.

RocketDawg
06-09-2018, 04:36 PM
Flipped over to the Tenn Tech/Texas game and just half watching. Heard the staccato "clap, clap, clap" and expected to hear "tweet, tweet, tweet", then realized they weren't in Nashville ....

RocketDawg
06-09-2018, 04:37 PM
True. The ball was different too and UCLA intentionally pitched high in the zone whole series. They baited us into killing ourselves.

UCLA was just better than us ... no other conclusion to come to. We were second best in the country though.

RocketDawg
06-09-2018, 04:38 PM

How can one work out in a sled?

RocketDawg
06-09-2018, 04:40 PM
Me too. I think the beavers take it all.

Don't they always? **

Pit Bull
06-09-2018, 04:41 PM
N.Carolina buying up hotel rooms and tickets right and f'n left. Hope there's some left at reasonable prices, should we close out our game tonight!!

RocketDawg
06-09-2018, 04:46 PM
N.Carolina buying up hotel rooms and tickets right and f'n left. Hope there's some left at reasonable prices, should we close out our game tonight!!

Can you reserve a room and then cancel, or are they all pre-pay regardless?

Actually, Omaha is big enough that there should be no shortage for the CWS. Getting near the stadium might be difficult. Metro is close to 1M.

Todd4State
06-09-2018, 04:49 PM
UCLA was just better than us ... no other conclusion to come to. We were second best in the country though.

Based on the MLB players that MSU team produced- I disagree. The difference to me was they had been there as a program before and we had not.

Todd4State
06-09-2018, 04:50 PM

Absolutely college baseball was a different game then. You could groove it in Omaha and just get fly outs.

msstate7
06-09-2018, 04:53 PM
No Will James. It's called managing the game based on the situation and the individual one on one match up. I'm not sure why a few of our fans don't understand this.

Maybe Auburn's number four hitter is hitting .100 vs. Singer with a ton of K's. Maybe Auburn's hitter just did it on his own. Maybe like BB said Butch felt like there weren't going to be a lot of runs scored so he played for one hoping that his first pick of the draft pitcher would shut them down. There's more to it than just what one book says.

Venter has an ops of .924. He has hit 12 HRs, which is 2nd on his team. He was just drafted in the 14th round. He's a good hitter.

Forget all that, tell me, Todd... how successfully did butch manage the situation? What was the final score? Sully is the best in the sec, and he didn't do that crap. Florida won the sec, and were last in the sec in sac bunts. His clean up, cleaned up. This is 2nd guessing either... called it dumb at the moment.

ETA... for the record, I'm not against all bunts. I like to bunt in certain situations. 1st and 2nd in the 3rd inning up 1 though is beyond dumb. Butch got throttled today and essentially told one of his best hitters he had no confidence in him

Pit Bull
06-09-2018, 05:57 PM
Can you reserve a room and then cancel, or are they all pre-pay regardless?

Actually, Omaha is big enough that there should be no shortage for the CWS. Getting near the stadium might be difficult. Metro is close to 1M.

I think getting a hotel room is not a big problem, but as you say....near the stadium might require a tidy sum. Better prices in Council Bluffs IA it appears. Tickets will likely be the biggest issue unless you don't mind forking over hundreds to an exchange to get them. By UNC getting the bid earlier.....they just got a head start on everybody else. Will simply reduce the number of good ones for good prices available.

Pit Bull
06-09-2018, 06:29 PM
Huge crowd at Arkansas's Baum Field. Wonder how many they got there. Could be rivaling us in attendance.....at least until next year.

Todd4State
06-09-2018, 06:30 PM
Venter has an ops of .924. He has hit 12 HRs, which is 2nd on his team. He was just drafted in the 14th round. He's a good hitter.

Forget all that, tell me, Todd... how successfully did butch manage the situation? What was the final score? Sully is the best in the sec, and he didn't do that crap. Florida won the sec, and were last in the sec in sac bunts. His clean up, cleaned up. This is 2nd guessing either... called it dumb at the moment.

ETA... for the record, I'm not against all bunts. I like to bunt in certain situations. 1st and 2nd in the 3rd inning up 1 though is beyond dumb. Butch got throttled today and essentially told one of his best hitters he had no confidence in him

I'm just saying that Butch probably had a good reason especially since his team doesn't bunt a ton. You saying that he told his best hitter that he didn't have confidence in him is hyperbole. Especially if the hitter did it on his own.

Todd4State
06-09-2018, 06:33 PM
Oh and I just looked at the box score. Venter went 0-3 with 3K's against Singer today. The most productive thing he did was bunt. That tells me that either Butch or Venter knew he couldn't hit Singer and hence the bunt.

msstate7
06-09-2018, 06:37 PM
I'm just saying that Butch probably had a good reason especially since his team doesn't bunt a ton. You saying that he told his best hitter that he didn't have confidence in him is hyperbole. Especially if the hitter did it on his own.

He didn't get the bunt down on 1st pitch. It was an obvious sac bunt.

was21
06-09-2018, 06:41 PM
typed "tidy sum"....Angel Eyes...The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Dawg61
06-09-2018, 07:05 PM
Biff's son has a 4-1 lead in the b5th vs Washington.