PDA

View Full Version : Our Baseball Program Is So Damn Special

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2018, 11:25 PM
Don't let this coaching search make you think our baseball program is something that it is not. What our baseball program is is special & I can't imagine why every coach in the country wouldn't be lining up take it.

In all honesty, this year's MSU baseball team is not one of our most talented, but, it's due to that, that you really see what makes MSU baseball so damn special. We've had ups & downs, but we are a cockroach of a baseball program that no matter how many coaches we run through, how many bad decisions we make, etc..... we still takeover another school's stadium in a Super Regional & play with a passion & pride that very few programs can relate to.

As former Alabama football coach Bill Curry once said, "Alabama was the only place that I never had to motivate the players. They took so much pride in the opportunity to wear that jersey, that you knew they were going to play hard regardless of what I said, because they had no choice."

Well, I feel the same way about our baseball program. Regardless of our talent level. Some years we have 8 Major Leaguers on the team like in 2012 & 2013 & some years we may only have 1 or 2, but, regardless, we fight like hell & coaching Mississippi State baseball requires very little motivating. The players respect the name on the front of the jersey & know that with such great support, they have no choice but to give it everything they have.

Whoever gets the privilege of being the next baseball coach at MSU will be walking into a special, special baseball program. Don't forget that.

It's the persistence & that mentality that separates MSU baseball from Charmin U. They simply can't be us. It's not in them.

preachermatt83
06-08-2018, 11:29 PM
Outstanding post!!!

SaintDawg
06-08-2018, 11:33 PM
I have never seen a college team will themselves to win like this. I..... I am... at a loss for words. What we all witnessed tonight just doesn't happen, and it has happened twice now. These men are special. I'm so proud I can't find the words.

Commercecomet24
06-08-2018, 11:51 PM
Great Freaking Post, Gun!!!
Can't give enough Rep on that one!

Commercecomet24
06-08-2018, 11:53 PM
This OP needs to be stickies at the top somewhere. One of greatest posts ever on here.

Todd4State
06-09-2018, 12:01 AM
You're right Shotgun- and that's why I want us to have a normal coaching staff without coaches in waiting and stuff like that.

I think if we can find the right coach we will become what we all want to be pretty quickly.

drunkernhelldawg
06-09-2018, 09:21 AM
Great post.

was21
06-09-2018, 09:30 AM
Dan Heefner approves of this post.

Bully13
06-09-2018, 09:57 AM
Great post Gun. I've always rejected the coach 34 posts about us "not being elite". I've said many times we are a unique type of elite. We may not have any natties, but we are special as shit in our own kinda damn way. Going back to John Grisham's write up. LFL, food, atmosphere, feeding the t.v. folks and opposing players, etc....

But you added an extra layer Gun about what happens to a player when he puts on that MSU baseball cap. great job sir & rep given.

WSOPdawg
06-09-2018, 11:30 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ShotgunDawg again. But I did give Bully13 some rep just for his gif. :cool: