PDA

View Full Version : Kendall Rogers just wants clicks

06-08-2018, 11:40 AM
"....but I am hearing at least a couple of names I find very, very intriguing...."

Guy doesn't know anything, I'd rather listen to Gene

Remember that, when our fans are bowing down to his wisdom on Twitter, that this guy is no friend of MSU and is 2 steps from a full-on Ole Miss/Bianco shill

Cooterpoot
06-08-2018, 11:41 AM
Agree. He's trying to get somebody else a raise.

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2018, 11:41 AM
Probably getting kick backs

msstate7
06-08-2018, 11:43 AM
To be fair, when our whole fan base was saying schloss was a done deal, Rogers said it wasn't. He also said McDonnell would stay.

06-08-2018, 11:46 AM
To be fair, when our whole fan base was saying schloss was a done deal, Rogers said it wasn't. He also said McDonnell would stay.

He also said we'd get one of the two

He's passing rumors just like any other internet clown with 'sources'

msstate7
06-08-2018, 11:49 AM
'

Didn't realize that

Captain Falcon
06-08-2018, 11:59 AM
Kendall is a smart, reputable guy. He?s been mostly right about our search. I still trust him more than most other college baseball media out there.

mstatefan91
06-08-2018, 12:06 PM
Wait, so now we're getting mad at a guy who usually gives us good exposure because our coaching search isn't going the way we want?

Grow up

Cooterpoot
06-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Wait, so now we're getting mad at a guy who usually gives us good exposure because our coaching search isn't going the way we want?

Grow up

And you can't believe he's being provided coaching names by agents, in an effort to help their clients get something other than our job?

mstatefan91
06-08-2018, 12:15 PM
And you can't believe he's being provided coaching names by agents, in an effort to help their clients get something other than our job?

Give me the evidence

HoopsDawg
06-08-2018, 12:16 PM
that this guy is no friend of MSU and is 2 steps from a full-on Ole Miss/Bianco shill

thats fake news goat. just flat out wrong.

CadaverDawg
06-08-2018, 12:18 PM
I'm starting to agree. He never says anything that anybody couldn't say

Cooterpoot
06-08-2018, 12:20 PM
Give me the evidence

Give me the evidence we hired Godwin, who he said we'd get. See how this works?

msstate7
06-08-2018, 12:24 PM
Did anyone read/listen to find out who the "intriguing" guys are?

mstatefan91
06-08-2018, 12:24 PM
Give me the evidence we hired Godwin, who he said we'd get. See how this works?

Nope. You guys made the claim.. show me some evidence

I get it. The coaching search isn't going the way the football search did.. some of you are panicking and looking to lash out about it.. I just think Rogers is the wrong guy, and yeah he's doing it for clicks.. that's his job, but this whole "he's getting kickbacks" thing is a serious charge without some evidence.

HoopsDawg
06-08-2018, 12:28 PM
Did anyone read/listen to find out who the "intriguing" guys are?

he said update after this weekend. he's easily the best college baseball follow on twitter. but of course crazy message board posters are going to have some sort of misdirected hate toward him since we haven't hired a coach yet.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-08-2018, 12:50 PM
Does Rogers know as much as he wants us to think he does? Of course not. Is he 100% accurate? No. Is he more accurate than anyone else, including those "in the know" on here? Thus far, probably. Is he biased against us? lol no. Does he have motives that aren't pure, like say getting a friend a pay raise? Probably. Is he doing that? There's no evidence.

All the things he's gotten right are wishy washy statements in the first place that anyone could make with 0 insider info. All the things he's gotten wrong were reasonable things to say at the time.

I see 0 reason to demonize his motives and allegiances, nor do I see any reason to hang on his every word. Only thing we know for sure is that he's not the reason we missed on our targets, and thus I see no reason to attack him.

confucius say
06-08-2018, 12:56 PM
Nope. You guys made the claim.. show me some evidence

I get it. The coaching search isn't going the way the football search did.. some of you are panicking and looking to lash out about it.. I just think Rogers is the wrong guy, and yeah he's doing it for clicks.. that's his job, but this whole "he's getting kickbacks" thing is a serious charge without some evidence.

Why would that be a serious charge? Perfectly legal even if the kickback is monetary in nature, which I doubt

confucius say
06-08-2018, 12:57 PM
Does Rogers know as much as he wants us to think he does? Of course not. Is he 100% accurate? No. Is he more accurate than anyone else, including those "in the know" on here? Thus far, probably. Is he biased against us? lol no. Does he have motives that aren't pure, like say getting a friend a pay raise? Probably. Is he doing that? There's no evidence.

All the things he's gotten right are wishy washy statements in the first place that anyone could make with 0 insider info. All the things he's gotten wrong were reasonable things to say at the time.

I see 0 reason to demonize his motives and allegiances, nor do I see any reason to hang on his every word. Only thing we know for sure is that he's not the reason we missed on our targets, and thus I see no reason to attack him.

Agree.

mstatefan91
06-08-2018, 12:58 PM
Why would that be a serious charge? Perfectly legal even if the kickback is monetary in nature, which I doubt

Because it would destroy his credibility..

Todd4State
06-08-2018, 01:03 PM

He's passing rumors just like any other internet clown with 'sources'

Actually he said a 70% chance we would get one of the two.

LC Dawg
06-08-2018, 01:05 PM
My eyesight is not what it used to be and when I first read the thread title the c and l in clicks were blurred together into a d. I was intrigued enough to click on the thread and then found out it was yet another thread on our search for a baseball coach.
I'm so glad it's gameday.

confucius say
06-08-2018, 01:09 PM
Because it would destroy his credibility..

Every media member you know has done favors for their contacts whom give them "kickbacks" in some form or another (monetary or otherwise). Hell, Wolken just got busted doing it.

confucius say
06-08-2018, 01:10 PM
My eyesight is not what it used to be and when I first read the thread title the c and l in clicks were blurred together into a d. I was intrigued enough to click on the thread and then found out it was yet another thread on our search for a baseball coach.
I'm so glad it's gameday.

So you clicked on a link with the expectation of seeing dicks?**

Political Hack
06-08-2018, 01:17 PM
he said update after this weekend. he's easily the best college baseball follow on twitter. but of course crazy message board posters are going to have some sort of misdirected hate toward him since we haven't hired a coach yet.

I think it's just unrealistic demands. How could he know for 100% certain who the coach is going to be before negotiations even took place? If people are upset because he didn't nail a coaching search, they may need to adjust their expectations a little. 99% of the time, anyone talking about coaching searches has info from one side. One sided information in a job hiring process will never be solid.

06-08-2018, 01:37 PM
thats fake news goat. just flat out wrong.

If you don't know what you are talking about, just stay quiet, for your own good

Next time you are blowing Rogers on Twitter, ask him what coach helped fund and facilitate all his stuff while he was at Perfect Game

Don't be a child in a grown up convo

sleepy dawg
06-08-2018, 02:44 PM
So you clicked on a link with the expectation of seeing dicks?**

Its kind of like when someone says somebody's buttcrack is showing, or when C34 makes a post. Few really want to look, but almost everyone does.

Todd4State
06-08-2018, 03:18 PM
I think it's just unrealistic demands. How could he know for 100% certain who the coach is going to be before negotiations even took place? If people are upset because he didn't nail a coaching search, they may need to adjust their expectations a little. 99% of the time, anyone talking about coaching searches has info from one side. One sided information in a job hiring process will never be solid.

That's a good question to ask Cohen.

Saltydog
06-08-2018, 04:25 PM
salt?...

State82
06-08-2018, 05:13 PM
salt?...

I've heard this comment before but don't know the background. He's an A&M graduate and is from Texas.