PDA

View Full Version : Great story on signee Eric Cerantola RHP (Canada)

JubileeDawg
06-07-2018, 09:56 PM
He announced on Twitter earlier today that he will pass on the Tampa Bay 30th rd selection to attend State. We are getting a very good future weekend starter with this guy👍 Awesome story and well done.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/junior-journey-cerantolas-path-hockey-baseball/sn-amp/

Commercecomet24
06-07-2018, 10:47 PM
Great story! I love Canadians! They are some of the coolest people in the world and love to have a good time!

The Federalist Engineer
06-07-2018, 11:08 PM
Dakota Hudson was a +30th rounder in HS

Todd4State
06-08-2018, 12:03 AM
I really like Cerentola a lot. He's a freshman that could come in and possibly help us out right away.

KB21
06-08-2018, 08:18 AM
I really like Cerentola a lot. He's a freshman that could come in and possibly help us out right away.

These are the kind of high upside pitchers that you can get to campus. Eric is a tall, lanky guy whose body is going to fill out. As his body fills out, he's going to gain velocity on his fastball. From what I've read, Eric sits around 89-91 and can touch 93 on his fastball right now. He's got the potential to have a fastball that is consistently in the mid 90s though. Had that uptick in his fastball happened during his senior year of high school, then we would have likely lost him. Compare him to Carter Stewart, who was 90-92 with a 70 grade curve ball when he signed with us. Over his senior year though, he was consistently throwing 94-96 and hitting 98 with his fastball. Suddenly, he had a 70 grade fastball and a 70 grade curve. Guys with two plus pitches like that do not play in college. Had that uptick in velocity not happened this spring, then our chances of actually getting him on campus would have gone up.

Same thing goes for Sam Knowlton.

Dallas_Dawg
06-08-2018, 08:56 AM
Worked out well for us with Jacob Robson. Canadians eh?

Todd4State
06-08-2018, 08:59 AM
These are the kind of high upside pitchers that you can get to campus. Eric is a tall, lanky guy whose body is going to fill out. As his body fills out, he's going to gain velocity on his fastball. From what I've read, Eric sits around 89-91 and can touch 93 on his fastball right now. He's got the potential to have a fastball that is consistently in the mid 90s though. Had that uptick in his fastball happened during his senior year of high school, then we would have likely lost him. Compare him to Carter Stewart, who was 90-92 with a 70 grade curve ball when he signed with us. Over his senior year though, he was consistently throwing 94-96 and hitting 98 with his fastball. Suddenly, he had a 70 grade fastball and a 70 grade curve. Guys with two plus pitches like that do not play in college. Had that uptick in velocity not happened this spring, then our chances of actually getting him on campus would have gone up.

Same thing goes for Sam Knowlton.

His mechanics look pretty clean on the video I saw of him too. I agree with everything you said.

Bothrops
06-08-2018, 10:34 AM
Great news and decision.