PDA

View Full Version : Sarloos

CadaverDawg
06-07-2018, 06:10 PM
msstate7 brought up the potential of Sarloos and Gautreau, and the more I think about it the more I love that combo. So answer these 2 questions so we can get a feel for the fan base...,

1. Do you personally think Cohen might pursue that route?

2. Would you be good with it if that's what he ended up doing?

I say

1. Yes

2. Hell yes

HoopsDawg
06-07-2018, 06:14 PM
msstate7 brought up the potential of Sarloos and Gautreau, and the more I think about it the more I love that combo. So answer these 2 questions so we can get a feel for the fan base...,

I say

1. Yes

2. Hell yes

1.no
2. Yes

MarketingBully
06-07-2018, 06:19 PM
Yes, but it looks like the guys we are looking at are Tim Tadlock, Butch Thompson, Monte Lee, and the Purdue coach. There also seems to be some that think Corbin is in the mix (but I doubt that). I have not liked how the search has gone so far as it looks like we have given three coaches big raises. Cohen shouldn’t of opened his mouth like he did but we are where we are. Personally I’d be good with the following coaches or scenarios: Tim Tadlock, Butch Thompson, Monte Lee, Kirk Saarloos with Gautreau, Gary Henderson with Gautreau named as coach in waiting. I’m not really going to comment on the search anymore as I think it’s out of our hands and nothing may happen for at least a couple of weeks especially if we win this weekend. Right now, I just want to concentrate on the cool run we are on and root on these kids to a victory over Vandy this weekend.

CadaverDawg
06-07-2018, 06:22 PM
Yes, but it looks like the guys we are looking at are Tim Tadlock, Butch Thompson, Monte Lee, and the Purdue coach. There also seems to be some that think Corbin is in the mix (but I doubt that). I have not liked how the search has gone so far as it looks like we have given three coaches big raises. Cohen shouldn’t of opened his mouth like he did but we are where we are. Personally I’d be good with the following coaches or scenarios: Tim Tadlock, Butch Thompson, Monte Lee, Kirk Saarloos with Gautreau, Gary Henderson with Gautreau named as coach in waiting. I’m not really going to comment on the search anymore as I think it’s out of our hands and nothing may happen for at least a couple of weeks especially if we win this weekend. Right now, I just want to concentrate on the cool run we are on and root on these kids to a victory over Vandy this weekend.

So....

1. No
2. Yes

?

MarketingBully
06-07-2018, 06:31 PM
So....

1. No
2. Yes

?

1. Not sure
2. Yes

yjnkdawg
06-07-2018, 06:38 PM

I say

1. Yes

2. Hell yes

1. No, not after the Cann fiasco
2.Yes if Cohen thought he was the man to run our baseball program and meet Cohen's and our expectations and goals for our program..

preachermatt83
06-07-2018, 09:37 PM
1-No
2-No

I don't want two inexperienced coaches

Martianlander
06-07-2018, 09:47 PM
1-No
2-No

I don't want two inexperienced coaches

Now what if Jesus had said that about Peter an Paul!

Cooterpoot
06-07-2018, 09:48 PM
No and no
If we end up with an asst. coach as our HC, Cohen failed.

MarketingBully
06-07-2018, 10:02 PM
No and no

I don’t think we will.

msstate7
06-07-2018, 10:07 PM
Florida is a better baseball program than us and they hired an assistant. He is also the best coach in the sec. If an assistant is good enough for them, an assistant is good enough for us

preachermatt83
06-07-2018, 10:14 PM
No and no

+1

BankerDog
06-07-2018, 10:19 PM
And half of you were just complaining about Cohen hiring Cann earlier today.

For the last time, Corbin has never been a candidate here. Neither the last time or now.

I'm all aboard the Jake as HC in waiting route.

BuckyIsAB****
06-07-2018, 10:32 PM
No

Yes better than Cliff Godwin

Cooterpoot
06-07-2018, 10:36 PM
Florida is a better baseball program than us and they hired an assistant. He is also the best coach in the sec. If an assistant is good enough for them, an assistant is good enough for us

John set the guidelines. Not me. It would be a failure based on his criteria.

msstate7
06-07-2018, 10:47 PM
John set the guidelines. Not me. It would be a failure based on his criteria.

I agree with that; but Cohen needs to just take his medicine, and get the right guy now instead of trying to save face

Homedawg
06-07-2018, 11:36 PM
No and no

While I don?t think we will, why? Florida and Vandy both have coaches that never were head coaches before and they seem to be doing fine.

Dawg61
06-07-2018, 11:42 PM
1. no
2. I'd rather make Gautreau HC and let him decide who he wants for PC

Todd4State
06-08-2018, 12:13 AM
Now what if Jesus had said that about Peter an Paul!

Well Jesus isn't our AD.

I seen it dawg
06-08-2018, 05:51 AM
Everybody needs to get over the "criteria" Cohen spouted off in a radio interview 3 months ago. We know what he said and we know where we are now and the horse is glue. It just makes those of you look like crybabies that continue to harp on it.

basedog
06-08-2018, 07:35 AM
1. no
2. I'd rather make Gautreau HC and let him decide who he wants for PC

You are improving 61, I use to think you were a "PlayStation" player, I no longer think that!

+1 LOL

basedog
06-08-2018, 07:41 AM
Everybody needs to get over the "criteria" Cohen spouted off in a radio interview 3 months ago. We know what he said and we know where we are now and the horse is glue. It just makes those of you look like crybabies that continue to harp on it.

This morning I'm two for two on YOUR thinking, thanks for the "chirp", LOL!

+1

Btw ISID, I hope we get a new Coach, but to think we are in a 50-50 position to go to Omaha is amazing, I don't think Henderson is the future, but with the talent coming back and if the staff is back along with a new pitching coach I want cross the road without looking both ways to make sure I don't get run over like several.

Martianlander
06-08-2018, 08:11 AM
Well Jesus isn't our AD.

Very true. Hope he wasn't a candidate when the cheerleader got it.

Cooterpoot
06-08-2018, 08:43 AM

If I promised something I couldn't provide in my job, I'd lose my job. He deserves every bit of the criticism he's getting. I never said we couldn't get a good coach who is an assistant somewhere. I said John set the criteria, so he's going to be judged on it. You guys that just want to roll over take one for him make me laugh. He screwed up. I just want a good coach. John has screwed this up twice now. He needs to deliver on a good hire. And I think he will. Then, everybody can let it all go. Until then, the pressure is on him to get it done.

Bulldog1
06-08-2018, 10:13 AM
Here's a novel idea- Let's see who the coach is before we say Cohen failed.

Johnson85
06-08-2018, 10:19 AM

Why would we do that? Clearly there's not a single candidate left that would meet his criteria. You know, except for the two that are still candidates and a handful of others that likely aren't but could be.

tcdog70
06-08-2018, 10:24 AM
If I promised something I couldn't provide in my job, I'd lose my job. He deserves every bit of the criticism he's getting. I never said we couldn't get a good coach who is an assistant somewhere. I said John set the criteria, so he's going to be judged on it. You guys that just want to roll over take one for him make me laugh. He screwed up. I just want a good coach. John has screwed this up twice now. He needs to deliver on a good hire. And I think he will. Then, everybody can let it all go. Until then, the pressure is on him to get it done.

as Charlie Brown would say "Good Grief" You are just too over the top. How do you know he screwed up? You are saying he screwed up but you think He will deliver--what? If he delivers then he didn't screw up

msstate7
06-08-2018, 10:34 AM

Pretty sure cooterpoot means Cohen would've failed by the criteria that Cohen himself set forth if saarloos were to be hired. The context is this is a thread about saarloos for HC

Cooterpoot
06-08-2018, 10:41 AM
as Charlie Brown would say "Good Grief" You are just too over the top. How do you know he screwed up? You are saying he screwed up but you think He will deliver--what? If he delivers then he didn't screw up

He screwed up by setting up the criteria for the hire by saying what he said. I can see some of you can't grasp that concept. He hasn't failed with the search itself at this point. I feel like John will make a good hire. I'm just giving him grief for handling himself poorly there. The bottom line is he was close to landing one of those big three. He had him. It fell through. Wasn't really John's fault. But, those statements are going to haunt him a little until he makes a hire. He set himself up for failure a little. Doesn't mean the search as a whole will be a failure.

Cooterpoot
06-08-2018, 10:47 AM
The fact is, all of us would like a McDonnell, Schloss, or Corbin. Most reasonable people knew we'd go after them but would likely be turned down. That part about expecting to be turned down was kinda shot down by Cohen with what he said. It raised expectations to an unreasonable level. Now, everybody has to step back and realize (and are a little disappointed at this point) it's what they thought it was to begin with.

Cooterpoot
06-08-2018, 10:49 AM
Back to Sarloos- What if Gary wins this weekend? Would you take Gary as HC, keep our other coaches, and go after Sarloos as our pitching coach? Granted, he's in demand as a HC but doesn't really have that offer right now. Would be expensive too, but Gary would be cheap.

msstate7
06-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Back to Sarloos- What if Gary wins this weekend? Would you take Gary as HC, keep our other coaches, and go after Sarloos as our pitching coach? Granted, he's in demand as a HC but doesn't really have that offer right now. Would be expensive too, but Gary would be cheap.

Would be great, but no way we pull that off

shoeless joe
06-08-2018, 11:00 AM

For all the gotro love I think this would be the best way to maintain him and what we have if that's the route folks want to go. Wouldn't even hafta be saarloos. Let Henderson be the CEO and go snag a big time pitching coach. This is also the route I'd take of we were to snag butch.

Bully13
06-08-2018, 11:04 AM
The fact is, all of us would like a McDonnell, Schloss, or Corbin. Most reasonable people knew we'd go after them but would likely be turned down. That part about expecting to be turned down was kinda shot down by Cohen with what he said. It raised expectations to an unreasonable level. Now, everybody has to step back and realize (and are a little disappointed at this point) it's what they thought it was to begin with.

My gut tells me Schloss accepted but something broke down at the final hour. Just think of the predicament he's placed himself in at TCU right now.

preachermatt83
06-08-2018, 11:04 AM

Great post

sleepy dawg
06-08-2018, 11:11 AM
maybe and yes. I trust Cohen to get us the best guy that he can.

I hire folks for a living. I have made the statement before that we are going to get a guy and we ended up not getting him. I don't get fired or even in trouble, but it does look bad and makes me feel bad when it happens. Sometimes shit just happens that you can't foresee. I've had folks accept and decline later. I don't think the problem is who we are going to get, the problem was John just should've said nothing. People would be mad about the fact that Cohen has given them nothing to go on, but fans hold on too tightly to words and will hold them against you later. Cohen wants to set high expectations for us and the program and he did that. He has not failed to deliver on those expectations. Y'all just assume he has.

Percho
06-08-2018, 11:20 AM
Yes, but it looks like the guys we are looking at are Tim Tadlock, Butch Thompson, Monte Lee, and the Purdue coach. There also seems to be some that think Corbin is in the mix (but I doubt that). I have not liked how the search has gone so far as it looks like we have given three coaches big raises. Cohen shouldn?t of opened his mouth like he did but we are where we are. Personally I?d be good with the following coaches or scenarios: Tim Tadlock, Butch Thompson, Monte Lee, Kirk Saarloos with Gautreau, Gary Henderson with Gautreau named as coach in waiting. I?m not really going to comment on the search anymore as I think it?s out of our hands and nothing may happen for at least a couple of weeks especially if we win this weekend. Right now, I just want to concentrate on the cool run we are on and root on these kids to a victory over Vandy this weekend.

Sometimes I wonder if AD's say No or if it is agents saying, No!

No
Yes

Percho
06-08-2018, 11:37 AM

Out of those three how many NC's have been won?

Martianlander
06-08-2018, 06:02 PM
My gut tells me Schloss accepted but something broke down at the final hour. Just think of the predicament he's placed himself in at TCU right now.

From what I've pieced together, I'm 99% sure this is right.